Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineSaeurcybe
Hunter
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: WA Flag
Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances * 1
    #27526441 - 11/01/21 02:27 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I'll preface this by saying I'm not personally looking to use psychedelics to quit anything right now.

I'm interested in hearing the stories of people who had a trip and decided to quit. (And actually did quit)
Mostly I'm interested in talking about drug addiction, but I'll leave the topic open for anyone to contribute if it helped them quit a shitty vice.

What happened on your trip?
Was it one trip in particular or multiple? Was the trip very difficult, or mystical?
Did quitting feel easy after?
If you relapsed, how long after?

====
Personally I'm on day 6 of "no THC". I'm still smoking a bit of 20%CBD 1%THC flower, but I've not gotten high. I took LSD for the 1st and 2nd time on vacation but I was also getting blazed as fuck and loving it :stoned:
I decided to quit on the last few days of vacay so I could get through withdrawal without work stress, and so that I can see what being sober is like after 2 years. So far it has been strangely easy but I'm sure it will get harder now that I'm back on the grind.
For now I feel extremely motivated by the thought that I am choosing between weed and my career. I'm early in my career and I've been given a very hard assignment and feel like I need to give it my best and impress everyone.
I actually think if I tripped I probably would relapse, because I fuckin love to smoke some weed with my shrooms :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXXfuzyxgamingXX
Bog Walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: In The Woods
Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: Saeurcybe] * 1
    #27526491 - 11/01/21 03:07 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Psilocybin makes me realize that I don't need to do drugs, particularly THC. Dmt has done the same. I can always see the damage it causes me and the cloudiness and brain fog and dulling of my senses. It makes me more aware of the negative aspects of weed and less inclined to care about the positive effects.
The last time I did dmt I was heavily using BHO dabs and I could feel how harsh the thc was, and how soft and gentle the dmt felt. Pretty much all my experiences with psychedelics have reinforced this.
Life is the real trip, I don't need to do drugs to be happy.

--------------------

OfflineSaeurcybe
Hunter

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: XXfuzyxgamingXX] * 1
    #27526776 - 11/01/21 07:03 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Trips have actually made me quite thankful we have tools to dull the pain. For example if I'm ever on chemo I know weed is there for me. It comforts me knowing if I have some horrible injury, painkillers are there to make existence bearable temporarily. Or having weed if I ever need a little retreat in the tough times ahead... as long as I'm able to control my own use.

My major issue is like, I remember back when I started smoking... I could feel it the next morning if I smoked at night. Not anymore though, because it's just the regular now. Being constantly intoxicated just can't be good for my mental faculties.

--------------------
Do u want. To have. A tasty. Mushroom?

Gotta catch 'em all (WA):

Common:
Gymnopilus junonius | Gymnopilus luteofolius | Panaeolus cinctulus | Psilocybe azurescens | Psilocybe cyanescens | Psilocybe pelliculosa | Psilocybe stuntzii | Psilocybe semilanceata

Uncommon:
Gymnopilus aeruginosus | Psilocybe baeocystis | Panaeolus bispora | Panaeolus olivaceus | Psilocybe allenii | Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata | Psilocybe silvatica | Psilocybe strictipes

OfflineXXfuzyxgamingXX
Bog Walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: In The Woods
Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: Saeurcybe] * 1
    #27526873 - 11/01/21 08:17 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

See, I can't regulate my usage of weed. If I'm smoking it's 24/7. Part of that is because I get horrible, unbearable anxiety from THC if I don't have a tolerance. The only way I can enjoy it is if I have a tolerance built up, which can only happen if I use 24/7. Otherwise it's an instant panic attack and I'm in hell for an hour.

I love weed but don't think I can use it anymore. It fucks me up and dulls my senses. I'm better off without it but I still love it.

I'm looking forward to tripping again. It might not be for a while because the setting needs to be right. My "set" is permanently fucked but I can at least control the environment I'm in. Its been three years since I tripped last. I need to kill my ego regardless of the hell I'm in. The only way out, is in

--------------------

Invisiblejack_straw2208
Doctor
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #27526880 - 11/01/21 08:24 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Can't get high if you stay high.

Was doing hella kratom for a year, finally spent 2 weeks slowly tapering, jumped off from like 10g a day. Took mushrooms at the 48 hr mark of no kratom, seemed to help. Didn't go too crazy, just like 1.5 g PE, but enough to see faces in the ceiling and hear the angels singing.

Really, the jump was easier to deal with than the tapering. No clue to what extent the mushrooms helped, but I think they may have assisted with the mind over matter aspect.

I am still pro kratom, but it was making me slow and moody. I'm in a better spot mentally now, and its nice not having to worry about running out.

Took a minute to get back to "normal", there's a renewed interest in taking proper care of myself, diet and exercise wise.

--------------------
If you can’t tell what you desperately need, it’s probably sleep.

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC
    #27526883 - 11/01/21 08:28 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I actually stopped having low blood sugar permanently, and because of that I don't crave sugar anymore. I don't even like sweets much at all and I used to love them. That goes for bread to. Now I crave vegetables. So that's good. I also quite smoking but I vape. I stopped liking cigarettes because of how bad they are, and I also don't use nicotine in my vape but I like the habit of puffing. I never did much other drugs very much, but now, at parties, I don't even bother doing anything. Haven't even had a beer, even though I never drank much to begin with, and it's been a couple years, and I lost interest right after my first shrooms a couple years ago. I've been growing for a while but I only joined shroomery after I broke down my equipment, because I was paranoid. I don't know about hard drugs, maybe a little Coke on a very rare occasion. Never had addictions to anything, not even cigarettes really. I never had a problem quitting smoking when I wanted to, so I'm not a good example, but that sugar thing is real. I just don't do sugar anymore, and I never have low blood sugar, I don't know how the mushrooms do that, but it's completely gone.

--------------------
Just take um like you get um.

Those ephemeral spasms of infinity, in suspended animation, born across a boundless ether of existential misery aloft a revelry (of awe) for the abhorrently sublime.

OfflineLand TroutM
Stranger

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: Sub-Easy] * 1
    #27526886 - 11/01/21 08:34 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I stopped smoking cigarettes and chew the mushroom trip after I heard my daughters heartbeat, summer 2019.  I really like tobacco and hope to enjoy it again one day but it was out of balance.  I took a good trip and the next day any craving and routine with tobacco was just gone.  I feel a lot better now.

Edited by Land Trout (11/01/21 08:35 PM)

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #27526889 - 11/01/21 08:37 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Saeurcybe said:
Was it one trip in particular or multiple? Was the trip very difficult, or mystical?

1. LSD made me realize how incredibly unhealthy my drug use was, and that I really needed to quit and lead a healthier life in general.

2. One trip primarily, but the message was repeated on subsequent trips. The trip was not difficult or mystical.

3. Quitting was very hard and took a long time.

4. I had several brief relapses while quitting, but relapsing is a natural part of quitting. Eventually I was able to do it for good, at least for now.

OfflineSaeurcybe
Hunter

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: nooneman] * 1
    #27528760 - 11/03/21 01:07 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Land Trout said:
I stopped smoking cigarettes and chew the mushroom trip after I heard my daughters heartbeat, summer 2019.  I really like tobacco and hope to enjoy it again one day but it was out of balance.  I took a good trip and the next day any craving and routine with tobacco was just gone.  I feel a lot better now.

These stories sound so crazy to me. In a good way. Did you have withdrawals?
For myself I am also amazed how after my vacation I just have no desire to smoke THC for the time being. Except it was a literal trip (a week off of work and some crazy new experiences)

Quote:

nooneman said:
1. LSD made me realize how incredibly unhealthy my drug use was, and that I really needed to quit and lead a healthier life in general.

2. One trip primarily, but the message was repeated on subsequent trips. The trip was not difficult or mystical.

3. Quitting was very hard and took a long time.

4. I had several brief relapses while quitting, but relapsing is a natural part of quitting. Eventually I was able to do it for good, at least for now.

Sounds similar to my own experience so far though the majority of my experiences are with mushrooms.

--------------------

Common:
Gymnopilus junonius | Gymnopilus luteofolius | Panaeolus cinctulus | Psilocybe azurescens | Psilocybe cyanescens | Psilocybe pelliculosa | Psilocybe stuntzii | Psilocybe semilanceata

Uncommon:
Gymnopilus aeruginosus | Psilocybe baeocystis | Panaeolus bispora | Panaeolus olivaceus | Psilocybe allenii | Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata | Psilocybe silvatica | Psilocybe strictipes

Edited by Saeurcybe (11/03/21 01:16 PM)

OfflineSaeurcybe
Hunter

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: jack_straw2208] * 1
    #27528768 - 11/03/21 01:11 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jack_straw2208 said:
Can't get high if you stay high.

Was doing hella kratom for a year, finally spent 2 weeks slowly tapering, jumped off from like 10g a day. Took mushrooms at the 48 hr mark of no kratom, seemed to help. Didn't go too crazy, just like 1.5 g PE, but enough to see faces in the ceiling and hear the angels singing.

Really, the jump was easier to deal with than the tapering. No clue to what extent the mushrooms helped, but I think they may have assisted with the mind over matter aspect.

I am still pro kratom, but it was making me slow and moody. I'm in a better spot mentally now, and its nice not having to worry about running out.

Took a minute to get back to "normal", there's a renewed interest in taking proper care of myself, diet and exercise wise.

I usually find that trips give me motivation/a reminder to be healthy in the short term. Making proper diet and exercise a long term habit though is hard work.

--------------------

Common:

Uncommon:

InvisibleRisingTide
Explorer
    #27529509 - 11/04/21 12:33 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone set intentions to quit something before and during a trip?  How did that turn out?

I'm off long term weed usage for more than a month because of anxiety, and I realized it triggered high blood pressure too. I'm also one of those weirdos who can't sleep on benadryl or DXM, they are more likely to keep me up wired with racing thoughts.

Blood pressure is better now, but been substituting weed for alcohol, and want to kick that without picking up another habit.  Hopeful that mush can help but haven't tripped on a while.

Edited by RisingTide (11/04/21 12:59 AM)

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: RisingTide] * 1
    #27555494 - 11/23/21 07:43 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

the funny thing is tripping and having mystical experiences made me want to trip more and possibly realize that these things are here for a reason rather than quit

--------------------
“Turn on, tune in, drop out.” - Timothy Leary

“Be responsible, be safe, be kind
and know that everything will be fine.”

:loljesus:

Invisiblewolfman42
Truth Lover

#27556268 - 11/24/21 11:26 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Saeurcybe said:
I'm interested in hearing the stories of people who had a trip and decided to quit. (And actually did quit)
Mostly I'm interested in talking about drug addiction, but I'll leave the topic open for anyone to contribute if it helped them quit a shitty vice.

I have struggled to moderate my habitual Cannabis usage the last several years. Smoking is my preferred method.

I met God.

Was it one trip in particular or multiple?

Multiple small to medium trips leading up to one Big Trip.

Was the trip very difficult, or mystical?

Yes it was extremely difficult. It was the greatest fear I have ever felt. Followed by the most blissful experience I have ever felt. It was mystical by all standards.

It was effortless. It happened naturally as a direct consequence of the Big trip. I have never quit so effortlessly before.

I relapsed about 2 months post Big trip.

Usage and addiction are still present. But a tiny fraction of my prior average usage and the trend to minimize usage has continued unabated. I continue to moderate heavily and I continue to see results moderating. I was unable to do that prior to the Mushrooms.

I do not think about quitting anymore as it seems to be happening naturally on its own. I still feel the energy from the Big trip a year later.

Edited by wolfman42 (11/24/21 03:27 PM)

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: RisingTide] * 1
    #27558503 - 11/26/21 02:14 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RisingTide said:
Has anyone set intentions to quit something before and during a trip?  How did that turn out?

I'm off long term weed usage for more than a month because of anxiety, and I realized it triggered high blood pressure too. I'm also one of those weirdos who can't sleep on benadryl or DXM, they are more likely to keep me up wired with racing thoughts.

Blood pressure is better now, but been substituting weed for alcohol, and want to kick that without picking up another habit.  Hopeful that mush can help but haven't tripped on a while.

most of the time it isn’t really planned it just happens

one time a buddy of mine ate an eighth or more of shrooms sat out by the fire and watched it for hours didn’t say a word the whole trip and once he came down he came inside and said “well... I’m never doing drugs again”

and of course (sigh) he started smoking weed again a few weeks later

--------------------

Offlinemaurt
Stranger
Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: candyman345] * 1
    #27558571 - 11/26/21 03:42 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

mushrooms didn't make me quite but it severely affected my need/desire to consume alcohol.

since i started drinking at 18 i've always struggled with moderation.

i also used to smoke weed 24/7 in my early twenties but that stopped when the high became shorter and shorter and the state of paranoia became longer and longer till eventually all i got from it was paranoia. i took a few years off and one day tried again, all i got was paranoia.i threw the rest out.

any way i no longer drink on a daily basis. i should say i never drank daily to the point of being drunk on a daily bais. but typically i felt a need to have at least a couple of beers after work on a daily basis, but that often made drinking a third then a fourth inevitable , because of course inhibitions become lowered and so does my will power. i've always been the type that 'how much i drink is based on how much i have in the fridge'

iin the past year or so i've deleloped an anxiety disorder, and that increased my alcohol consumption because it was the only thing that seemed to alleviate it. however it also made me drown in sorrows , increased resentments, made me feel like a constant victim, etc. it was basically a short buzz/anixiety alleviation followed by a depressing down. yet i kept doing it, i simply had no self control.

i've known i have a problem for a very long time and was in the constant battle to get through a day or two without a single beer. it was always very challenging to say the least. weekends come and the fact i dont have to work the next day means i can put them down till i'm numb inside and out.

three months ago was my first mushroom trip.. and it has never been so easy to get through a day without a drink. i actually dont even think of it anymore on work days. i only drink once a week, Fridays. and often half the six pack is still in the fridge the next day..

this was shocking to me. i didn't do mushrooms with this in mind, i did it purely to alleviate anxiety.

these days i often dislike the way it slows my thoughts and how it reduces mental clarity. i often find myself regretting after i crack open the second or third can of beer and simply don't drink the rest. i no longer want to drink till i'm numb.

i really enjoy the fact that i havent had a hang over in three months.

so yeah, not fully quit, but i now drink like a normal person who throws back a few on a friday night and has the ability to say "thats enough"

i think a lot of it is how i feel on mushroom vs how i feel on alcohol that has me suddenly not liking how i feel on alcohol.

both leave me intoxicated feeling..but one makes me think so positively even if i'm being confronted with harsh truths about myself, it makes me recognize my flaws and wnat to fix myself.

while the other makes me feel like life sucks soon after the buzz stage is over(as i over indulge)and how its everyone elses fault, and the errors i acknowledge i commited seem so unforgivable and shameful and i get stuck on them.

Edited by maurt (11/26/21 03:52 PM)

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: maurt] * 1
    #27558672 - 11/26/21 05:23 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

i would read above what maurt says everyone

--------------------

InvisibleRisingTide
Explorer
Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: maurt] * 1
    #27763853 - 05/05/22 02:13 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Thanks for sharing Muart, your story is very relatable.

I can't think of any experiences where I can honestly say "this was so much better because of alcohol." Yet there are plenty of times when I regret what I did or said while drinking.

Weed on the other hand, I had it once while a shrooms trip was winding down, and it made my thinking feel heavy and slow. It wasn't pleasant at all compared to the trip.  I could really notice and feel the differences in how my brain works with and without pot.

I too have a history of drinking what's on hand until it's gone.  Started at age 14 and I'm some decades older now.  Recently embarrassed myself with some friends while drunk and stoned, and later with family I hadn't seen in years while on a 2 day hangover after.  Took stock in myself and decided to make changes. Today is week 4 of no alcohol.  When I chose to drink it is slowly killing me and isolating me.  Some people can manage their drinking fine but I can't.

The conscious expanding aspects of shrooms are such a blessing.  I respect the fruits, and they take care of me in return.  Haven't ventured past 2.25g except for once a long time ago when I was humbled by a likely ego death experience and wasn't prepared for it.

Right now I don't feel a need to drink.  Don't want to drink. Do want to feel and live a fuller life.  I isolate my self physically and emotionally when I use. Get stuck in my head, in thought loops.  Not a great place to get stuck. I'm tempted to smoke pot but even that urge is more manageable too. Trying to take it one day at a time best I can.

OfflineEnautrefois
Stranger
    #27764748 - 05/05/22 04:34 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

This is three years old, but I still like it because this is coming from scientists actually running the trials in the US. https://tim.blog/2019/07/17/the-tim-ferriss-show-transcripts-psychedelics-microdosing-mind-enhancing-methods-and-more-377/

One of my favourite notes from this conference: single dose psilocybin showing to be TWICE as effective as current commercially available smoking cessation aids, according to preliminary studies. Not conclusive by any means, but a serious indication that more study is worthwhile.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: Enautrefois] * 1
    #27765235 - 05/05/22 10:51 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

It works and is for real, at least that was my experience. I'd still be smoking cigarettes and weed if it wasn't for LSD. LSD made me lead a healthier life, started me exercising and eating right too. It was just one trip that started all of that. The message was repeated on subsequent trips, but it all started with just that one. I still remember it like yesterday.

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: nooneman] * 1
    #27765293 - 05/05/22 11:44 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Psychedelics have helped me quit two addictions and counter depression and listlessness in general.

The years of my life where I use them moderately to sparingly are significantly better than the years I do not use them.

Works for me. I'm definitely in the percentage of people where they qualify as medicines.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: Northerner] * 2
    #27766568 - 05/06/22 09:00 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Psychedelics have helped me quit two addictions and counter depression and listlessness in general.

The years of my life where I use them moderately to sparingly are significantly better than the years I do not use them.

Works for me. I'm definitely in the percentage of people where they qualify as medicines.

I love You.

--------------------

Offlinewhenmistweeps

Loc: underground temple lab
Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: candyman345] * 1
    #27766621 - 05/06/22 09:49 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

candyman345 said:
Quote:

Northerner said:

I love You.

do you love him more than me?

--------------------
When I think of all the worries that people seem to find
And how they're in a hurry to complicate their minds
By chasing after money and dreams that can't come true
I'm glad that we are different we've better things to do
May others plan their future I'm busy loving you
"I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth"
How many corners does a sphere have?
"Love does not gloat over other people's sins but takes its delight in the truth"

OfflineMilleresque
Stranger
Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: whenmistweeps] * 3
    #27767725 - 05/07/22 06:55 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Today is my 16th day of not drinking, and while I had to come to that decision with a straight brain and for the right reasons (it was ruining my mental health and very nearly destroyed my relationship with my significant other), I did take a 4g lemon tek trip on my 3rd day with the sole intention of understanding my problem with alcohol and to seek healing.  What transpired was nothing less than utterly mind blowing.
    I was shown, from multiple perspectives, where the problem came from. Genetic, personal and societal. For the former the mushroom told me that it didn’t matter what age I had decided to take a drink, that there was a certain kink in my genetics which would always make it difficult to have a healthy relationship with alcohol. It wasn’t a scolding, but the kind of loving awareness a friend gives you when you’ve been stuffing up. As an Australian I was shown the toxicity of our love affair with such a destructive and numbing poison—that it might even have been designed as such, to negate life, intelligence, critical thought and true creative endeavour.
    From there, tears rolling down my face, I felt the gross weight of collective guilt and shame I had induced by drinking, until it was some enormous, invisible weight sitting on my chest like a boulder. All of the misery, the depressions, the ruination, the denial of self. It built up and up and then—with the kind of light you get from the sun shining onto your closed eyes—something popped, and the weight was removed from me…
…and the mushroom said: “you don’t need this anymore. All of this gunk is half the reason you keep drinking. It is useless and senseless; you can never forget it otherwise you may be tempted to drink again, but let’s treat it like a pile of composting dead matter. Let’s throw it in the backyard of your mind…AND LET MUSHROOMS GROW ON IT”

Cue outrageous belly laughter.

I’m being brief of course with my description, but I came out of the experience with zero desire to drink. Which is NOT to say I was magically cured. I am surrounded by lures and advertising for drinkable bleach and there will, for a while, always be lures to fall back into those abysmal behaviours. But to feel that kind of healing and compassion and awareness was incredibly powerful…enough to get me misty as I write this.

Like the criminals say in the movies (and I tell my beautiful partner this from time to time):

I ain’t ever going back in there, you hear me? I’m never going back to that.

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: Milleresque]
    #27767857 - 05/07/22 08:46 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

That's great news Milleresque. Save yourself now. Never go back. :thumbup:

As someone who's been there with that drug and that cure my only advice is to trip at least seasonally or so to keep that top up going. After a year it'll be pretty much gone but that shit comes back to bite you after a couple of years as well, be aware. You can never really go back. Anyone who's been addicted to any drug can never really use that substance again safely. It's soooo easy to fall back into the cycle. Instead of the addiction progressing 1-10 stopping at each step you just jump from 1 to 10 missing all the other steps and straight back into the nightmare.

I'm Australian too and I get that people here drink at absolutely every gathering. It's kinda messed up. Just gotta identify as a non drinker and let nothing ever change that. Anyone who asks why I just say I don't want to drink. Nothing more. Fuck em all.

I know you probably know most of this stuff, but it doesn't hurt to throw it out there.  :peace:

--------------------

OfflineMilleresque
Stranger
Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: Northerner]
    #27768076 - 05/08/22 01:22 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Thanks Northener,

One of the realisations I’ve started coming to is how little I’m actually losing by staying away, for good, from that stuff. Ten minutes of sham bliss after anyones last sip, followed by the inevitable mental fog and fouled headspace and grogginess—pun half intended.

I’ll definitely take your advice on the seasonal doses (provided I can still obtain the mushrooms) and keep my proverbial eyes wide as the days come and go. Best to embrace the challenge and remember how much I’ve gained in the last few weeks.

Psychedelics work for these issues. They’re never a cure but certainly a hand up and out of all that’s tried and tested and amounted to naught but loss.

Thanks for the encouragement mate

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: Milleresque]
    #27768091 - 05/08/22 02:05 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Yeah, psychs are like a cure for me. No thought processing required, self destructive feelings just disappear. It just doesn't last forever unfortunately.
At least there is a treatment that doesn't involve eating fkn pharmas every day or selling my soul to other peoples religions.

--------------------

OfflinePrimary_yellow
Animal
I'm a teapot

Loc: Oz
    #27768134 - 05/08/22 03:57 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I wrote this once and deleted the post, but (Australian as well) I haven't quite managed to stay dry. I've had some good runs at it and the shrooms definitely helped with the relaisation I have a problem but I've still got a hill to climb.

The Shrooms helped my depression and in that sense I feel I'm better equipped to tackle the booze, but fuck it's hard.

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: Primary_yellow]
    #27768156 - 05/08/22 04:46 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Yeah, alcohol and depression feed each other. They are a self fulfilling prophesy. The combo kills millions of people every year, it's not to be taken lightly.
I totally understand how hard it is, I drank on and off for more than 10 years. A year off here, 6 months off there, 2 years off here, 3 months off there... but always sucking me back in until just accepted that I just can't drink. It sucks not to be like other people who can drink responsibly, but hey that's reality.
Just eat moar shrooms. They won't kill us. :awesome:

--------------------

InvisibleHertz
limbwalking
Male User Gallery

Loc: VA
    #27768277 - 05/08/22 08:14 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Mushrooms have definitely helped me throughout my journey off opioids & amphetamines. I was on opioids for nearly 20 years and did a lot of amphetamines the last years of my addiction. The last 7 years of my run with opioids I started IVing the drugs. It was so bad at the end, everyone I knew thought I was a deadman for sure including myself.

Somehow I managed to work through most of this time. I weighed 125 pounds and I am six feet tall. I was nearing the end of my rope. At this point I was injecting in my legs because my arms were so fucked. One afternoon I was walking in the winter snow and something inside me said “I’m done”.

I tapered quickly for 5 days and jumped quitting both the opioids & amphetamines, I also quit my job. It was intense but my resolve never faded. Weed actually helped me a lot initially. After I got through the acute withdrawals, which is a story of its own, I didn’t wish to keep smoking weed all the time even though it helped so much. After so many years of abuse I wanted to know what it felt like to be sober.

As I entered the post acute withdrawal, the feelings and intense depression were overwhelming but my resolve never shifted. This is where mushrooms were the right thing at the right time. They helped the depression so much. I dosed as needed, paying no attention to the tolerance thing and it worked out. Sometimes dosing several times a week about 2g sometimes more or less.

All of this was over a year and a half ago, my life has changed in unimaginable ways. It has  been such an uphill journey and took so much to get where I’m at now, I don’t ever wish to go back. I have healed in ways I only dreamed of. I look and feel like a different person, I still have many scars on my body and it blows my mind that I’m still here and can feel again.

The mushrooms which I still take at times. They are my friends and have shown me things about myself and others which leave me feeling so grateful. Weed is also a friend, but I smoke now only a couple times a month and have noticed that weed is a teacher also, especially when done in moderation. I don’t post much but this website has taught me a lot and I am glad it exist. Be well everyone and if your struggling with substance abuse, you have it within yourself to switch to a new path, no doubt.

OfflinePrimary_yellow
Animal
I'm a teapot

Re: Your experience with psychedelics and quitting substances [Re: Hertz]
    #27768891 - 05/08/22 04:19 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hertz said:
Mushrooms have definitely helped me throughout my journey off opioids & amphetamines. I was on opioids for nearly 20 years and did a lot of amphetamines the last years of my addiction. The last 7 years of my run with opioids I started IVing the drugs. It was so bad at the end, everyone I knew thought I was a deadman for sure including myself.

Somehow I managed to work through most of this time. I weighed 125 pounds and I am six feet tall. I was nearing the end of my rope. At this point I was injecting in my legs because my arms were so fucked. One afternoon I was walking in the winter snow and something inside me said “I’m done”.

I tapered quickly for 5 days and jumped quitting both the opioids & amphetamines, I also quit my job. It was intense but my resolve never faded. Weed actually helped me a lot initially. After I got through the acute withdrawals, which is a story of its own, I didn’t wish to keep smoking weed all the time even though it helped so much. After so many years of abuse I wanted to know what it felt like to be sober.

As I entered the post acute withdrawal, the feelings and intense depression were overwhelming but my resolve never shifted. This is where mushrooms were the right thing at the right time. They helped the depression so much. I dosed as needed, paying no attention to the tolerance thing and it worked out. Sometimes dosing several times a week about 2g sometimes more or less.

All of this was over a year and a half ago, my life has changed in unimaginable ways. It has  been such an uphill journey and took so much to get where I’m at now, I don’t ever wish to go back. I have healed in ways I only dreamed of. I look and feel like a different person, I still have many scars on my body and it blows my mind that I’m still here and can feel again.

The mushrooms which I still take at times. They are my friends and have shown me things about myself and others which leave me feeling so grateful. Weed is also a friend, but I smoke now only a couple times a month and have noticed that weed is a teacher also, especially when done in moderation. I don’t post much but this website has taught me a lot and I am glad it exist. Be well everyone and if your struggling with substance abuse, you have it within yourself to switch to a new path, no doubt.

Fuck mate. I'll quit wingeing about my battle. Congratulations Hertz - you've really snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. I had a problem with amphetamines too which I did fight off and that was tough. I can't imagine the struggle against opioids at the same time after twenty years... I feel elated and emancipated on your behalf.

OfflinePrimary_yellow
Animal
I'm a teapot

#27768908 - 05/08/22 04:39 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Yeah, alcohol and depression feed each other. They are a self fulfilling prophesy. The combo kills millions of people every year, it's not to be taken lightly.
I totally understand how hard it is, I drank on and off for more than 10 years. A year off here, 6 months off there, 2 years off here, 3 months off there... but always sucking me back in until just accepted that I just can't drink. It sucks not to be like other people who can drink responsibly, but hey that's reality.
Just eat moar shrooms. They won't kill us. :awesome:

Thanks man, I'll keep at it - reading Hertz', Maurt's and your stories has given me a bump. My problem is really not that big, it's just intractable (well up until now I've decided it is). Time to just grow up and do some hard work.

I'm going to trip in the next day or two. I'll see if it brings any sort of revelation. I hope not. I hate a good trip being ruined by self evaluation and growth :lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck