Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: asmr]
    #27771732 - 05/10/22 07:17 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jeordeon said:
Reading this thread got me interested in cacti, I ordered some Bridgesii seeds from a sponsor on here. Nothing to add but thanks for introducing me to the cacti. I'm excited!

Hey that's awesome Jeordeon!  All the best with growing those cactus seeds!

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: whenmistweeps]
    #27771767 - 05/10/22 07:36 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

whenmistweeps said:
Say No To Hard Water

Since cacti are very sensitive to minerals, watering them with soft water can speed up the growing process. Minerals from hard water can build up in the soil and can reach dangerously high levels. This obstructs the development of cacti and can possibly result in root death.

Rainwater, bottled water, and distilled water are the best options for watering cactus.
https://allthingscactus.com/top-7-effective-ways-to-make-your-cactus-grow-faster/

The water where I live is hard.  Lots of minerals and salt.  High PH.  Especially the ground water.  Water from the reservoirs is usually better.

It's pretty common in deserts for the water to be hard.  But cacti are tough.  They don't seem to mind.  Maybe you could optimize growth by watering them with bottled water.  But I don't think its necessary in order for them to do well.

The best way to guard against build up of minerals in the soil is to flush the soil out with a deep, slow watering that saturates the soil thoroughly and washes away minerals and salts.  We do that in the desert when watering trees and irrigated plants.  Otherwise minerals and salts build up in the rootzone and it stunts the plants.  The edges of the leaves get brown and brittle.  But a good deep flush everytime they get watered (deep, infrequent watering schedule) keeps the plants looking healthy.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Offlinewhenmistweeps

Loc: underground temple lab
Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: Grey Fox]
    #27771842 - 05/10/22 08:20 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

how much should a foot of cactus go for?

--------------------
When I think of all the worries that people seem to find
And how they're in a hurry to complicate their minds
By chasing after money and dreams that can't come true
I'm glad that we are different we've better things to do
May others plan their future I'm busy loving you
"I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth"
How many corners does a sphere have?
"Love does not gloat over other people's sins but takes its delight in the truth"

Edited by whenmistweeps (05/10/22 08:23 PM)

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: whenmistweeps] * 1
    #27772736 - 05/11/22 02:25 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Depends on how pretty and thick the cut is, how rare or potent, if it's a tip or mid, if it's already rooted.

I'd guess for unrooted mids something like:

PC =15-20

No name bridgesii or or pachanoi 30

Low potency or imperfect named clones 40

Good looking cuttings, or imperfect potent clones 50

Great stuff 60-500

Offlinewhenmistweeps

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: flickedbic]
    #27772778 - 05/11/22 03:13 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

are their noticeable differences in cactus cared for properly in pots vs those cared for properly in the ground?
Since not everyone can grow cactus in the ground, will the size of the pot ever stunt the growth?

--------------------
"Love does not gloat over other people's sins but takes its delight in the truth"

Edited by whenmistweeps (05/11/22 03:13 PM)

InvisibleMelliferous
🌵🍄🌵🍄🌵
 Unread Journal

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: whenmistweeps] * 2
    #27772882 - 05/11/22 04:39 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

whenmistweeps said:
are their noticeable differences in cactus cared for properly in pots vs those cared for properly in the ground?
Since not everyone can grow cactus in the ground, will the size of the pot ever stunt the growth?

Environmental conditions drive all plant expression -- root mass (constrained by container or lack thereof), sunshine, temperature, stress, water availability, and nutrition/lack thereof will determine diameter, size, color, alkaloid concentrations, vigor/health, etc.

That said I've seen massive cacti in small containers.

--------------------

"No, I don't worry. I tell you, I am a man who believed that I died 20 years ago, and I live like a man who is dead already. I have no fear, whatsoever, of anybody or anything."

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: Melliferous]
    #27773944 - 05/12/22 12:17 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Tea time this morning. I cooked it a long time for a really black color.

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #27774479 - 05/12/22 06:47 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

How is it going CreonAntigone?  Did you drink tea this morning?  I hope you had a great day!

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

#27774632 - 05/12/22 08:29 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I had a very pleasant day, a great euphoric trip, but one vision I still do not or cannot grasp.

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
How is it going CreonAntigone?  Did you drink tea this morning?  I hope you had a great day!

I went to the park. And spent the day trying to win the friendship of a certain squirrel. I managed to get him to come to my bench and come within inches of my face. I swear animals can tell I am on mescaline because they come up to me whenever I'm under the influence.

But I realized the little animal is selfish. He wanted food. I thought he was a poor friend, but I realized I needed to get something to win his friendship. This park is pretty close to home, so I left the bench to go back home, and I made some oatmeal for this little guy. When I got back though someone else was sitting in my spot and the squirrel was looking at her. I did not make that friend.

But after that I took a walk and then I started feeling it. And I started thinking about how all our thinking exists in these default networks and that we only rarely get a glimpse beyond them, so that it is impossible to see all the perspectives that are going on. I started to think how with psychs one can access a certain other perspective beyond the standard one. And I was realizing that I was getting a little good at tripping, or at least, good enough to do it regularly. But I felt like this was the first time I ever really thought about it truly, because I immediately realized everything as it was happening, I sort of saw reality as it was becomming psychedelized, as my self was splitting into multiple ones.

And I got the vision itself, a mental image - I saw versions of myself from many years and sections of my life. And I realized that my life has involved a great deal of weakness at being able to change myself, and I've been fighting these versions of myself. The vision, though, was of a version of me that was much much stronger than these other ones - it suddenly appeared, and it destroyed all the other ones. It was me, but glowing red eyes.

The following vision I describe was a mental image. And so it might be the kind of thing a person can daydream about, except I also felt as though my own vision stared at me - this version of me with red eyes, it looked at me.

And my interpretation, thus far, is that it is finally time to destroy myself, all those selfs I've been carrying along. I am stronger, in some ways I am fearsome.

I am afraid of this deep part of myself - the part with red eyes. But it is the only part of me capable of destroying all these other elements. This version of me was heroic and I celebrated what it did, but I was also worried it was evil or had bad intentions. After destroying all these past versions of me, this me with red eyes looked at me - as in actual me, it looked from my vision to my person. This imagined version of myself, stared me down.

I was stared down by myself, from my own soul - a version of me with red eyes has killed all past versions of me, and now this scary version looks at me - I don't regard it as evil, but it doesn't have the same moral principles as others, it seems to be something beyond -

- That concludes my description of the vision. It was a good day actually. This vision I will need to interpret.

I am no longer really hallucinating, but I am sitting here perplexed and trying to get my bearings.

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

#27774661 - 05/12/22 08:42 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I know that psychs usually bring up a lot of mental noise and most images don't mean anything. This one thought felt significant to me, and the reason was that I was cheering along as this version of myself destroyed the weak selves from my past.

I interpret it as, it's finally time in my life to take charge, as it were - I always have many competing versions of myself at any time. I've been struggling and fighting all these weak past mes, and using psychs to help.

I need to acknowledge, understand, accept and make peace with this terrifying force with red eyes - I am sure it represents something that is uncontrollable in all of us, and that we struggle in our lives to control it.

In some sense I need to myself become the terrifying force with red eyes! All my life I've been hoping for others to push me in my shape. But it was me I saw in my vision who was possessed to destroy the past selves and build a new future.

I do not mean to distract the thread with these ruminations and open questions. But Bridgesii I think is asking me to make changes to my life, almost demanding that I defeat my past self - can I do it?

Edited by CreonAntigone (05/12/22 08:45 PM)

Offlinewhenmistweeps

#27774662 - 05/12/22 08:44 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CreonAntigone said:
I know that psychs usually bring up a lot of mental noise and most images don't mean anything. This one thought felt significant to me, and the reason was that I was cheering along as this version of myself destroyed the weak selves from my past.

I interpret it as, it's finally time in my life to take charge, as it were - I always have many competing versions of myself at any time. I've been struggling and fighting all these weak past mes, and using psychs to help.

I need to acknowledge, understand, accept and make peace with this terrifying force with red eyes - I am sure it represents something that is uncontrollable in all of us, and that we struggle in our lives to control it.

what if you let it control you?

--------------------

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: whenmistweeps]
    #27774669 - 05/12/22 08:46 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

whenmistweeps said:

what if you let it control you?

That was my strategy last year when I was first starting on these boards. I'd take whatever dose of cannabis or mushrooms was necessary to completely make my mental faculties go extinct, then I'd post on the boards. This was fun for a short period of my life but it isn't healthy.

Tripping has to be conceived also in terms of a healthy full plan of life, which must entail that the person starts to take control of planning it. Only planning it can actually let a person make any more psychs in the future after all - one has to learn the teks to make the shrooms.

What Bridgesii basically showed me today is that all the basic elements of tripping are all too familiar to me. The trip was so easy, except for the one part I can't interpret. But I think I am being pushed to explore other areas beyond psychs, since actually I have done enough psychs at this point to where they are no longer something out of the ordinary, and so they don't get the same desired effect.

But this trip was still magical. This might be my last magic outing in a little while as I take a break from cannabis.

Edited by CreonAntigone (05/12/22 08:48 PM)

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: CreonAntigone] * 1
    #27774833 - 05/12/22 10:45 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I love part two of the bridgesii trip. Where it stops being imposing on you, and you sort of get comfortable and blend into the experience.

I have heard people call the second phase of a mescaline trip contemplative. It is like you are there and feel a bit normal, but your mind is still in the psychedelic world trying to figure it all out.

The last hour went by like such a dream, as I just sort of got lost in myself making posts on the shroomery and interacting with all you. I lost myself, but not staring blankly - I lost myself interacting with all of you.

I had a very productive trip. Thank you for this thread, Grey Fox. I agree with you that bridgesii has a dark element, something a bit secret and mystical. I will be glad to compare it with some new pedro cuttings I got. I'll have to make a San Pedro thread for that, though. We could see how it varies.

Edited by CreonAntigone (05/12/22 10:46 PM)

InvisibleGrey Fox

#27775093 - 05/13/22 04:53 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Thanks for sharing your trip experience with us CreonAntigone.  You stared yourself down and destroyed past versions of yourself.  Who was this uncontrollable, red eyed self that you saw?  Such an interesting vision!  I hope that you continue to gain more and more insight about the vision and what it means.

:loveheart:

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineNewZooReview
Your Dad's Friend
Male User Gallery

#27775227 - 05/13/22 07:38 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Any recommendations on periodic fertilization?

I have mature plants in containers that are 6 years old. I have not done any soil remediation so far and am thinking it might be time to start giving something extra.

--------------------

Happiness is a rack of clean jars.

InvisibleGenericHero
crap dangit this sucks!

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: NewZooReview] * 2
    #27775718 - 05/13/22 02:57 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

okay, got some battery power now.
this one was some kinda "jim's bridges" hybrid or something

this one says it is a penis

--------------------
halfass mycology

OfflineSoloist
Indigenous Human

Loc: Suburban hell
Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: GenericHero]
    #27775726 - 05/13/22 03:04 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Nice cuts.

I’m going to purchase I think two cuttings this week, one to root one to consume.

This will be my first psychedelic experience.
Think 9 inches or so of a maybe 2 inch thick bridgesii is enough to get me there? I don’t expect easy but I don’t want to be completely overwhelmed…
I’m contemplating eating the cactus raw.

--------------------
Embrace your darkness,
For without it,
Your light can never
truly exist.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
                          The Earth And I
89g fresh Gymnopilus subspectibilis
Rapéh Crafters
Trade and wish list
🍄👀MO🍄👀
It’s time to ghost this place✌🏻

Offlinewhenmistweeps

#27775730 - 05/13/22 03:05 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GenericHero said:

:ohmyfuck:

--------------------

InvisibleGrey Fox

#27775969 - 05/13/22 06:19 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GenericHero said:

:grampofapproval:

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Offlinewhenmistweeps

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: Soloist] * 1
    #27776024 - 05/13/22 07:28 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Soloist said:
This will be my first psychedelic experience.
Think 9 inches or so of a maybe 2 inch thick bridgesii is enough to get me there? I don’t expect easy but I don’t want to be completely overwhelmed…
I’m contemplating eating the cactus raw.

eating cactus raw is near impossible if you are looking for an authentic experience. you will get more alkaloids if you extract the whole thing, including the core, this will add depth to the experience, and I think if you do it right, 9 inches will be perfect for your first time. remember, mescaline is just one thing in bridge, you have some naturally occuring monoamine oxidase inhibitors and other things that most likely potentiate the experience in one or more ways:

3,4-dimethoxyphenylethylamine
Tyramine
3-methoxytyramine
etc.

--------------------

Edited by whenmistweeps (05/13/22 07:34 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder