Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

The official 2021 Fimetaria thread * 1
    #27521346 - 10/28/21 11:01 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Hi guys,

After failing the cultivationproject with Fimetaria I set up last year (due to personal struggles at that time) I am glad to anounce that this year I am trying to come back with a vengeance.

Yesterday I revisited the spot in which I found, later genetically confirmed in Spain, psilocybe Fimetaria. To be short I am glad I did because the Place was absolutely booming. First I Will post some pictures:

I found a good bunch which I printed and which soon Will be tested both by a Miraculix test and by ingestion of 1 gram.

Untill then I Will try to upload as many pics as I can in the coming days. Also I would like for other hunters to share possible encounters with this rather mysterious dungloving psilocybe.

If you have any questions feel free to message me or post here. Good hunting to you all!

Semi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: The official 2021 Fimetaria thread [Re: semilancreator]
    #27521358 - 10/28/21 11:10 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Great pics of an interesting species. Let's learn more

Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The official 2021 Fimetaria thread [Re: Tweeq]
    #27521424 - 10/28/21 12:01 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Another small post:

As some Will know, both fimetaria and liniformans are macroscopically very similiar to deconica coprophila. On the left we see deconica and on the right psilocybe. These two specimen were growing less than a meter apart on seperate pieces of dung.

The trick to distinguish Them is to look at the gills. Deconica has a very distinct gillset compared to psilocybe. On the left psilocybe and on the right deconica. Deconica has very straight gills running straight into the stipe. Psilocybe does not.

However even on the same piece of dung one can encounter two species. On this photo you see both Protostropharia semiglobata on the left and a Psilocybe fimetaria pin on the right. They are easily distinguishable but could still confuse some folks.

That was it for today. Will post more pictures tomorrow.

Semi,

Edited by semilancreator (10/28/21 12:02 PM)

OfflineRenegadeMycologist
On the case
Male User Gallery

Loc: Serbia Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #27521551 - 10/28/21 01:28 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Gill attachment is not nearly sufficient criteria to distinguish this genetically and morphologically close genera (Deconica/Psilocybe). Usually it is not even reliable to distinguish species with high certainty, since one species can have variable gill attachment.
One must take ALL features into account to give a final id.

If it wasn't for bruising, it might easily be concluded that your mushrooms are Deconica.

Deconica you find has triangular attachment of the gills, but not usually the case:

Far up:

Ambiguous gill attachment to Deconica:

I have eaten both, and they failed to induce psychedelic experience, hence they are Deconica. You could find observations of Deconica spp with different attachment of the gills, it was just easier for me to link my pics.

Other than that, I appreciate you starting this thread. I would like to find fimis and sign in to the fimi club...

--------------------
:mushroom2:  l e a r n i n g  t h i n g s :mushroom2:

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Loc: W-Europe
    #27521564 - 10/28/21 01:32 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Great find! Next on the list: P. liniformans and P. puberula. :hehehe:

Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The official 2021 Fimetaria thread [Re: RenegadeMycologist]
    #27521708 - 10/28/21 03:39 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RenegadeMycologist said:
Gill attachment is not nearly sufficient criteria to distinguish this genetically and morphologically close genera (Deconica/Psilocybe). Usually it is not even reliable to distinguish species with high certainty, since one species can have variable gill attachment.
One must take ALL features into account to give a final id.

If it wasn't for bruising, it might easily be concluded that your mushrooms are Deconica.

Deconica you find has triangular attachment of the gills, but not usually the case:

Far up:

Ambiguous gill attachment to Deconica:

I have eaten both, and they failed to induce psychedelic experience, hence they are Deconica. You could find observations of Deconica spp with different attachment of the gills, it was just easier for me to link my pics.

Other than that, I appreciate you starting this thread. I would like to find fimis and sign in to the fimi club...

Well with the species Deconica coprophila, which is the only deconica I have found, they always have these very straight gills. I do not know about the other species within the genus however, since the genus of deconica is rather new in the sense that a lot of species got recently transfered into it, it might be a possibillity that some of the species currently assigned to deconica actually are from seperate genera.... But what do I know.

As I have found Both species next to one another I can assure you that this is the way to spot the difference... Especially when you take into account that not al fimetaria bruise blue :smile:

Semi,

OfflineDH42
Local to somewhere
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
    #27523284 - 10/29/21 07:40 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Great idea for a thread - here are some ones from last season. I like this one as it displays some *shock horror* blue bruising! Not all that common for Fimetaria...

--------------------
Have a look at the subreddit r/fimetaria!

Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The official 2021 Fimetaria thread [Re: DH42]
    #27523670 - 10/30/21 05:53 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

StonedApe42 said:

Great idea for a thread - here are some ones from last season. I like this one as it displays some *shock horror* blue bruising! Not all that common for Fimetaria...

Great to have you aboard brother!

OfflineLiberte
Re: The official 2021 Fimetaria thread [Re: semilancreator] * 1
    #27523885 - 10/30/21 09:59 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I thought these were semilanceata or strictipes but this thread has me wondering if they could be fimetaria?

Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The official 2021 Fimetaria thread [Re: Liberte]
    #27523960 - 10/30/21 11:09 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Liberte said:
I thought these were semilanceata or strictipes but this thread has me wondering if they could be fimetaria?

These could quite be it however the gills are a bit light. Seems right otherwise. Did it have a seperable pellicle?

OfflineLiberte
    #27523981 - 10/30/21 11:28 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

They did indeed, I found what looked like a few more later that weekend growing right next to semilanceata and the gills were a bit darker red/brown.  What stood out to me was the smell which was notably different from liberty caps, more of a rubbery scent.

On the case
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #27523988 - 10/30/21 11:39 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Liberte said:

Not semilanceata nor "strictipes" nor fimetaria.

Deconica sp, 99%

--------------------

Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27524026 - 10/30/21 12:12 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RenegadeMycologist said:
Quote:

Liberte said:

Not semilanceata nor "strictipes" nor fimetaria.

Deconica sp, 99%

Enlighten us why? The location and the very pronounced umbo and gills point more to psilocybe. Which deconica in your mind would be a candidate?

On the case
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #27524072 - 10/30/21 12:51 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I know what is said doesn't need to be said again, but here it goes: pronounced umbo is not restricted to Psilocybe fimetaria. Separable pelicle is not restricted to fimetaria nor Psilocybe for that matter.

In that habitat you are more likely to encounter Deconica species than Psilocybe spp, since there are dozens of coprophilic Deconica and two coprophilic Psilocybes, so one should always suspect Deconica to begin with.

That said, no fimetaria annular zone on his specimen. No bruising on his specimen. Gills are too light. Rubbery smell is present.
Now that is in my eyes what pushes this collection to Deconica, still I think it might be fimetaria since it's only represented by few specimens. I would like to see more from the same place, however I don't think fimetaria is likely.

My opinion though, if you recognize this as fimetaria by field experience, would not dispute it, however I would still think this is Deconica until I see blue staining or at least some annular zone.

--------------------

Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27524231 - 10/30/21 02:59 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RenegadeMycologist said:
I know what is said doesn't need to be said again, but here it goes: pronounced umbo is not restricted to Psilocybe fimetaria. Separable pelicle is not restricted to fimetaria nor Psilocybe for that matter.

In that habitat you are more likely to encounter Deconica species than Psilocybe spp, since there are dozens of coprophilic Deconica and two coprophilic Psilocybes, so one should always suspect Deconica to begin with.

That said, no fimetaria annular zone on his specimen. No bruising on his specimen. Gills are too light. Rubbery smell is present.
Now that is in my eyes what pushes this collection to Deconica, still I think it might be fimetaria since it's only represented by few specimens. I would like to see more from the same place, however I don't think fimetaria is likely.

My opinion though, if you recognize this as fimetaria by field experience, would not dispute it, however I would still think this is Deconica until I see blue staining or at least some annular zone.

Annular zones are rarely visible in Fimetaria once they het older. Also not all bruise blue... more like 40-50 percentish of all specimen. These feautures alone are therefor not reliable to ID nor does the abscens of Them exclude the possibillity of fimetaria.

As to your Find, i have now info from someeone who ate Fimetaria saying they are far weaker than libs needing more than 5 grams for a decent experience. You eating 10 specimen of what you found and not feeling anything could be soley due to low dosage and not due to them being deconica.
stoned Ape created a subreddit for fimetaria called r/fimetaria which has around 200 members and lots of photos allready. Deffo worth a visit.

For now my conclusion is still fimetaria :wink:

Semi,

On the case
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #27524263 - 10/30/21 03:28 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I would be more than happy to see more specimens from his spot, especially of younger ones.

As for my collection, I equiped myself with best Deconica key out there, and will do microscopy and compare with your collection, but will also sequence the material. I believe in my bio test with them, since I've always been highly sensitive with serotonergic drugs.

--------------------

Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27525302 - 10/31/21 12:28 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RenegadeMycologist said:
I would be more than happy to see more specimens from his spot, especially of younger ones.

As for my collection, I equiped myself with best Deconica key out there, and will do microscopy and compare with your collection, but will also sequence the material. I believe in my bio test with them, since I've always been highly sensitive with serotonergic drugs.

Quote:

RenegadeMycologist said:

I noticed in the picture the right specimen actually does show remnants of an annular zone if you look very closely.

But apart from that here are the pictures of a few babies :laugh:

As well as some more pictures in general:

That was it for now.

Semi,

OfflineLiberte
    #27532326 - 11/06/21 10:07 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I spotted quite a few of these recently, if my previous post weren't fimetaria I think these may be closer?

On the case
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #27532334 - 11/06/21 10:15 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Liberte said:

Well this is definitely promising...Separable pelicle, bruising on those ?

First two pics are more consistent with Deconica, but pictures are sunwashed so it's hard to say for sure... Could be fimis.

--------------------

OfflineLiberte
    #27532558 - 11/06/21 02:00 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

The one I tested had the pelicle but the stem didn't bruise blue, although I think the bruising is most prominent at the base, which I'd brushed off with the attached dung.

You could clearly see the gills from above through the pelicle in all of them, which I see now none of my pictures show clearly.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder