Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #27520071 - 10/27/21 11:29 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah and everyone always says: I don't want to wait 5-6 years ....So they don't plant.

but then 5-6 years later they say  DAMNIT I should have planted some blueberry bushes 5-6 years ago.

Oh yeah, and I'm also getting into growing GInseng now. That's a really long term one. But the seeds are relatively affordable on ebay and I've had some luck. SO far I have 3 year old roots and lots of 1st year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: Fiery]
    #27520124 - 10/27/21 12:00 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

How long does it take blueberries to produce from seed?

My container garden is slowly turning into a perennial container garden. I've got a bunch of mints, lemon balm, hyssop, yarrow, Artemesia genepi, bee balm, sunchokes, thyme, sage, and oregano. Getting ready to start meadowsweet, and tansy.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: Baby_Hitler] * 1
    #27520225 - 10/27/21 01:32 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Blueberries from seed are pretty difficult only because they need to be cold stratified for 4 or more months I think ( can be done in the fridge or freezer I think)

I would guess maybe 7 years or so to get a decent sized bush( 3 feet?). Blueberries are one of the things that I would actually just fork over the cash for.... because a $15 2 gallon potted plant will save you like 4 years ... and plus... the seeds are so tiny and are difficult to germinate. - but don't let that stop you! - blueberries from the store will work... but I always suggest finding a local blueberry ( or any plant) if you want to go that route.

That's a great container garden you have going there. Keep an eye on that lemon balm. I swear it's one of the most invasive things because it self seeds like crazy, you'll have it popping up everywhere in the cracks and all around it.

I didn't know about tansy! I just looked it up.

Yeah those perennial herbs are great. One that i've noticed does well is Italian flatleaf parsley. IT's a Bi-annual but also self seeds very easy. And CHives... very easy and perennial- very productive- you just keep giving it a haircut and it just keeps growing

We need a gardeners thread lol! To talk about anything and everything gardening.

Edit: I just read about sunchokes- I need to get some of those.. looks like a useful plant

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #27520529 - 10/27/21 05:55 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder if the seeds in frozen blueberries are pre-stratified.

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
    #27520533 - 10/27/21 05:59 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fiery said:

We need a gardeners thread lol! To talk about anything and everything gardening.

There's a whole forum dedicated to gardening.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/48

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: psi]
    #27520679 - 10/27/21 08:19 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
I wonder if the seeds in frozen blueberries are pre-stratified.

I bet they are. Great idea!!!!!

However, there 3 are types of blueberries and you need the right type for your area... this is a big deal with blueberries. AND you need 2 varieties( at least) for cross pollination if you want good fruit sets.

Blueberries were a tough beast to master but I finally did it and harvest a few gallons this year on some 5 year old bushes.

I somewhat recall reading it taking like 4 weeks to sprout blueberry seeds and you have to have them in really good conditions.

SO I decided to go the cuttings method of propagation for blueberries and when I did hardwood cuttings I actually got about a 15% success rate.

SO basically take 100 hardwood cuttings in the winter and you'll get at least a few to root. And then you cut out at least a year or two or more compared to growing from seed... 

@Shiithead- THANK YOU- I forgot about that. lol We totally hijacked your thread though now.

No one can talk about anything except blueberry propagation now :smile::goodluckwiththat2:

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: Fiery] * 1
    #27520684 - 10/27/21 08:21 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Blueberries would be good in oatmeal.

:africaface:

--------------------

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: Shiithead]
    #27520687 - 10/27/21 08:23 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, not you're joking. Especially freeze dried blueberries

I can't believe how EXPENSIVE freeze drying machines are

But the fact that it preserves the nutritional value and make the food last basically forever is freaking amazing.

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

#27520696 - 10/27/21 08:26 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I've had those. They are so sweet. I'd actually rather have banana in my oatmeal. Berries are a side. :crankey:

--------------------

OfflineBig_Dub
I'm just some guy
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: Shiithead] * 2
    #27520702 - 10/27/21 08:28 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Oats are mushroom food

--------------------
split_by_nine said:
click me you fuck

do the right thing

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#27520703 - 10/27/21 08:28 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

yeah the whole freeze dried technology is pretty crazy.

I read a few articles how it preserves almost 100% of the nutrition and in theory would make the food stay good for thousands of years if stores in oxygen free Mylar type bags.

they freeze dry all sorts of stuff like chicken, and icecream, and really anything.

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: Big_Dub]
    #27520728 - 10/27/21 08:52 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Big_Dub said:
Oats are mushroom food

And?

--------------------

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#27520832 - 10/27/21 10:42 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Bad news.  Because of China Oats are going up 90 percent.  Seriously.  May have to go back to Raman noodles.  And a lot of other foods from this article.  Says crime will go up, lol.  God, Oats are something I eat and drink at times but even hiking it up that much, not pricey.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: Barnaby]
    #27520854 - 10/27/21 11:09 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I just bought 15lbs of peanut butter. Guess I should pick up 7-8 boxes of oats next time.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinetosatori
and beyond
Male

Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #27520908 - 10/28/21 12:27 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

coconut milk with oats is a game changer

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
    #27520925 - 10/28/21 12:38 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fiery said:
Oh yeah and everyone always says: I don't want to wait 5-6 years ....So they don't plant.

but then 5-6 years later they say  DAMNIT I should have planted some blueberry bushes 5-6 years ago.

Oh yeah, and I'm also getting into growing GInseng now. That's a really long term one. But the seeds are relatively affordable on ebay and I've had some luck. SO far I have 3 year old roots and lots of 1st year.

TBH that's still a tough trade off unless you're doing it anyway and already gardening. I'd rather invest money over 5-6 years vs feeling proud I saved on one type of fruit lmao.

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
    #27521004 - 10/28/21 03:00 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I started making overnight oats a few weeks ago and it's a game changer for me. Tasty, versatile, and easy. Typically I make some before I go to work and then I have a quick meal for when I'm off.

2/3 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup oat milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 mashed banana
Mix it all up and toss it in the fridge.

Then when I'm gonna eat them I toss some fruit in (typically strawberries or blackberries), a scoop of peanut butter, some granola, and drizzle some honey. Seems fairly healthy, filling, and relatively cheap.

--------------------
!

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #27521195 - 10/28/21 08:54 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I had oatmeal today. I was nicknamed the "oatmeal kid" when I was little by my grandma and mom. More than likely because I got to put sugar and butter in it, and west Texas women cook a certain way, and it was mostly not really very good (in my family anyway). ALL the meat had to be really well done or you might get "trichinosis".:rolleyes:

--------------------

Invisibleseldom seen
April Fool
Male User Gallery

Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #27521219 - 10/28/21 09:14 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Peanut butter's good on 'em.

--------------------

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Eat some damn oats. [Re: Barnaby]
    #27521285 - 10/28/21 10:07 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Barnaby said:
Bad news.  Because of China Oats are going up 90 percent.

Holy moly

I had no idea. Check out this 45 year oats price chart

https://www.macrotrends.net/2536/oats-prices-historical-chart-data

Almost quadruple the price in just 5 years?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck