Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: My grow rooms and airflow plan [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #27536422 - 11/09/21 11:24 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks. Yeah it will be no problem getting the exhaust near the ground. I will build my FC with wooden frames and plastic walls so I'll just make a hole near the ground and put the exhaust fan there. I just have to put a vent from there to the port where the air goes to outside the building, which is 7ft high. But that's allright too. Low exhaust it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27537421 - 11/10/21 06:31 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SHROOMSISAY01 said:
Air is like water it will take the path of least resistance. So as long as you have your yee pipe set up correctly the air will not go into the other room. It will not turn corners so basically if you have the right yee and it is set up correctly you will not have a problem.

About the Yee pipe.. I have trouble finding a correct yee pipe, so I'm thinking would a T-pipe do the job? I guess I would put it "sideways" so the air won't come in to the T-pipe from the opposite ends.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My grow rooms and airflow plan [Re: spasm666]
    #27538023 - 11/10/21 02:42 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spasm666 said:
Quote:

SHROOMSISAY01 said:
Air is like water it will take the path of least resistance. So as long as you have your yee pipe set up correctly the air will not go into the other room. It will not turn corners so basically if you have the right yee and it is set up correctly you will not have a problem.

About the Yee pipe.. I have trouble finding a correct yee pipe, so I'm thinking would a T-pipe do the job? I guess I would put it "sideways" so the air won't come in to the T-pipe from the opposite ends.

It all depends on how you set it up. This is the proper Yee. They are easy to get here in the USA...

Will you be using one or two fans? If I remember correctly you want to exhaust two rooms with only one exhaust port is that correct?

The reason I ask if you will be using one or two fans is that there are a couple of ways you can set it up.

One way would be to use two fans each positioned b4 the Yee. The other way would be to use automatic dampeners and one fan after the Yee.

If you use a Tee I would use the automatic dampeners. Can you send a pic of the Tee you are thinking about using?

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27538599 - 11/10/21 11:51 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I did a lot of editing to this post since I actually just found the type of yee you posted the picture of! So now I will have that correct type of yee after all.

Yes that is correct. I would exhaust my FC and my incubation-through-microgreens exhaust with only one port to outside. The FC fan is the usual setup; with timer, blowing hard 6-8times/hour. The other exhaust would be with weaker airflow but constantly on (Incubation intake fan blowing all the way through incubation room and microgreens room to the yee). So when the FC exhaust fan kicks on, the other airflow is probably restricted but it might not matter since it's just a minute or two. And when the FC exhaust turns off, the other continues to slowly exhaust (maybe restricting the FC exhaust but that won't matter as well). Or that's my theory at least. Do you think that would work?

With automatic dampeners, do you mean these electronic things or just the flaps like this:

I was thinking also that maybe I need to put one "final exhaust" fan after the yee to make sure the air goes to the right place..

Edited by spasm666 (11/11/21 12:26 AM)

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27538950 - 11/11/21 08:34 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I was talking about the electronic Damper so you could open and close it when you want to...

I don't know what type of humidification you have but if you have one that can handle it I would just leave them both on 24/7. If your humidification system can not handle leaving them both on 24/7 then I would set it up like this...

If you have the yee that I showed you the air will go to out the end of the pipe like I said it will not make a turn and go into the fruiting chamber it just comes down to which way is cheapest.

You will have to figure out how you will be opening and closing the damper and make sure you buy the right voltage damper. I would think you will be using a cycle timer. I bought my electric damper for I think $22 but again I am in the USA.

I hope this helps!!

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27540005 - 11/12/21 01:57 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Ok. Thanks, that helps.

Yeah that damper would work with cycle timer quite well I think. Your idea is good. This way though I would be using negative pressure for the incubation, which I guess it's not as good as positive pressure. And that exhaust fan in the end would have to be very powerful to exhaust the FC, that might be too much for the incubation/microgreen exhaust.

In my original plan there would be positive pressure in the incubation. The incubation/microgreen would not be exhausted every once in a while when the FC exhaust fan is running, but I think that's actually good so the microgreens get a chance to utilize the co2 from the incubation.

So that would be like your other option (without the damper), having two fans before the yee. With the execption that the other fan is not directly before the yee but all they way in the incubation intake. I'll draw too to make it simpler.

What do you think? Now that I found the right type of yee.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27540088 - 11/12/21 05:21 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I made a few small changes to your drawing. The drawing helps a lot that is why I always use them. There may be reasons that I don't see that it can not be done the way I see it so you will have to adjust as needed.

I believe you have a misconception about blowing air in is better than having it sucked out, So let's take the time to discuss this. Let's say you are blowing 400 cfm into a room you are getting 400 cfm into that room. If you put the same 400 cfm fan blowing out of the room you have to be sucking in 400 cfm into the room through the inlet hole. So you are moving the same amount of air either way. You will have a small amount of friction loss by going through the pipe but it will be minimal.

In your drawing I do not see an air inlet hole in your FC did you just forget to put the hole in the drawing or is there not an air inlet hole in that room?

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27540161 - 11/12/21 07:21 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks. Yeah, I think this sort of setup will need anyway some adjusting based on results.

Extending that air intake pipe is good idea. And if I can, I'll put it to the other side so no pipe is needed.

I understand your logic with the cfm and agree. The reason I'm thinking blowing air in is better has actually nothing to do with cfm or airflow efficiency. My reasoning is that if the incubation room is not 100% airtight, sucking air out of it will suck some air in through the cracks where the room is not airtight. So unfiltered, dirty air may enter the incubation without control. But if I push the air into the incubation, no unfiltered dirty air may enter the room since the airflow is from inside to outside in the leakage points. Do you see what I mean? If I could be sure that I can get the incubation 100% airtight, it would not matter if I'm pulling or pushing.

Oh the FC intake I just didn't draw since I was focusing on this exhaust thing. But that would be in the opposite corner. Humidibucket with computer fan piped in and a screened hole with a backdraft flapper right next/below it. Though I'm not sure if that's the best option - I watched some Myers/EarthAngel vids and they said you should always humidify all the incoming air before it enters the room.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27540591 - 11/12/21 01:33 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Correct me if I am wrong but all the air is unfiltered or are you filtering your air somehow? The only air that needs to be filtered is the air in your lab and most people just run their flow hood for a while before they work in the lab. I am assuming you will be using filter patch bags and if you are not using filter patch bag I am assuming you will not be supplementing the sub

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27540613 - 11/12/21 01:53 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Well I thought I would filter the incubation intake air to keep it more clean. It's a precaution for bugs and stuff too since I'm growing microgreens there also. My thought is: Why not, if it helps even a little.

I won't be using filter patch bags, I use microperforated column bags (unsupplemented straw pellet substrate).

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27540629 - 11/12/21 02:07 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I am getting a clearer picture now. Sounds good to me. I know nothing about growing microgreens so if you think you need a filter go for it. It certainly won't hurt anything.

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27540654 - 11/12/21 02:30 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Plan approved by Shrooms, yes! :smile: Thanks again. My plan regarding setting up everything, is quite clear for now. Next week building time!

Microgreens can be a potential risk for getting the dreaded fungus gnats, so precaution is good to be taken.
From what I've read though, nobody growing mushrooms can avoid the gnats forever..

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27540914 - 11/12/21 06:12 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, the dreaded Gnats. Just get some of the fly strip paper.

g

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27547647 - 11/18/21 12:02 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I bought a good bunch of those strips. And a UV-light bug catcher.

When building a wooden framed FC with plastic walls, could the bottom be made waterproof by some tape or will it cause contam-prone areas? Bathroom silicone would definitely work but tape would be easier to remove when taken down.

Offlineseagu

#27547841 - 11/18/21 06:23 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spasm666 said:
Yeah I bought a good bunch of those strips. And a UV-light bug catcher.

When building a wooden framed FC with plastic walls, could the bottom be made waterproof by some tape or will it cause contam-prone areas? Bathroom silicone would definitely work but tape would be easier to remove when taken down.

I only use tape on the outside of my FC. And so would pull the plastic around so I could tape it on the dry outside. But there is Waterproof tape from Gorilla. It may work. But would it stand up to bleach every so often for cleaning....? I never used it because I decided to put paneling up for a permanent solution.

--------------------
Plan to win or you are planning for failure. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. Just figure out the solution. Even if that means banging your head on a wall until the solution oozes out of you.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My grow rooms and airflow plan [Re: seagu]
    #27548100 - 11/18/21 09:54 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

You can protect the wood either by mixing 100% silicone with mineral spirits and painting it on or getting something like gayco 100% silicone roof coating.

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27548420 - 11/18/21 02:26 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it doesn't feel right to put too much tape inside the FC..

seagu could you provide a picture of your paneling solution? I'm not sure if I understand what it is (sorry, english isn't my first language).

I'm trying to avoid putting any wood inside the humid FC. My plan is to build the frame from wood and then screw the plastic walls (with non rustable screws) in a way that the wooden frame is left outside the plastic. So I guess raw wood is ok.

Offlineseagu

#27548518 - 11/18/21 03:55 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spasm666 said:
Yeah it doesn't feel right to put too much tape inside the FC..

seagu could you provide a picture of your paneling solution? I'm not sure if I understand what it is (sorry, english isn't my first language).

I'm trying to avoid putting any wood inside the humid FC. My plan is to build the frame from wood and then screw the plastic walls (with non rustable screws) in a way that the wooden frame is left outside the plastic. So I guess raw wood is ok.

I used these : https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glasliner-4-ft-x-8-ft-White-090-FRP-Wall-Board-MFTF12IXA480009600/100389836

And this is a pic of it installed glued to the insulation. I had originally thought of getting a less expensive boards but they were super flimsy I was going to have trouble moving it through the store on the carts. But these are super easy to clean.

--------------------
Plan to win or you are planning for failure. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. Just figure out the solution. Even if that means banging your head on a wall until the solution oozes out of you.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My grow rooms and airflow plan [Re: seagu]
    #27548756 - 11/18/21 07:27 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27549097 - 11/19/21 12:30 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Allright, thanks. Those panels seem great, although a bit pricey. Have you seamed the panels to the floor with some silicone or similar adhesive?

Those black panels are interesting too. It's wood-based but it says it's waterproof.

I'll probably go with regular construction plastic or greenhouse plastic since I'm on low budget and this is my first (maybe prototype) built FC. There are these hard plastic sheets that are compelling too, they wouldn't rip like the construction plastic. I don't know what that is in english, but it's used in regular greenhouses. Polycarbonate I think. It's just the seam where the plastic meets the floor, what I'm concerned of. Don't want to get a contam breeding ground down there, tape wouldn't stand the elements, bleach etc, and silicone is hard to get off when the time comes.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom