Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: Kratom [Re: Shiithead]
    #27503428 - 10/13/21 04:58 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:
I'm surprised you're not dead from alcohol withdrawal. That's a lot of booze.

I was thinking the same thing, I was drinking like that for a couple years and the withdraw included 4 days of delirium tremens with full blown hallucinations, heart palpitations, unable to regulate body temperature.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: Kratom [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #27503434 - 10/13/21 05:01 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

If they can put please use responsibility on the side of the container and call it a day, why can't they do it with weed?

:smugjerry:

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: Kratom [Re: Shiithead] * 1
    #27503438 - 10/13/21 05:09 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:
If they can put please use responsibility on the side of the container and call it a day, why can't they do it with weed?

:smugjerry:

Well, now that I can buy weed here, the guy at my shop always tells people not to burn out when they leave :vaped:

--------------------

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Kratom [Re: Gr33nTree73] * 1
    #27503627 - 10/13/21 08:34 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

At various points in my life I’ve been hooked on varying opiates/opioids.  Kratom is not to be underestimated.  Kratom contains several compounds which are in fact opioids  After one 90 day stint of abstinence from everything I began using the “oh so benign plant medicine” - Kratom - or so they used to say about it back in the day and some still erroneously & naively  believe that falsehood to this very day. 

Sure it can be used as a traditional medicine appropriately in some cases (probably only by a very small handful of the people that take it) it’s got a unique pharmacological profile, and a bunch of other random chemical compounds in it that make it slightly difficult, but not even close to making it abuse/misuse/addiction/dependency proof.  Not that you need to even be taking high doses for very long to get anguishing withdrawal symptoms from it. But w/e some people will try and justify and rationalize their addiction(s) in anyway they can until they believe their own b.s.

When I was using it I  used 3-5g per dose x 3-4 times per day for 1.5 months straight.  I quit one day because I didn’t like the side effects it was having on my system and I’d had enough of tolerating them in exchange for an ever diminishing & meager “buzz”.  And all the while it was just as if it was sapping me of much of my life force energy and more.  So I stopped.

The withdrawals were horrible.  Just like any classic narcotic withdrawal.  I saw a professional seeking treatment to help me get through the withdrawal & scored moderately high points all across the board on the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Syndrome scale (C.O.W.S. Scale).  He treated me with clonidine, trazadone, bentyl, and nsaids.  It but only a tiny dent in the severity of the symptoms.  It took a good 2.5 weeks after quitting before I felt more or less like the withdrawals were completely gone and I was fit enough to function somewhat properly again.  Kratom sucks except for if it’s used only as a once in a blue moon sort of thing for short term minor-moderate pain relief that doesn’t respond to NSAIDS or stuff.

Most people are using it to self medicate their lack of a sense of well-being, which can manifest in myriad ways.  Some for physical pain.  Most of which can usually be routinely remedied by more skillful & effective means & with less detrimental effects than taking Kratom.

that’s just my own experience and I know many never had that bad of a time coming off of it, but let’s be real…Kratom , in general, is shitty.  Still, I don’t think it should be made illegal, but I’d like to see it regulated justly.  I’ve seen too many people get hooked - for many it took years and they suffered no big consequences…until they tried to quit. 

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Edited by The Blind Ass (10/13/21 08:45 PM)

InvisibleReticulated
Homo Reticulus
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland Flag
Re: Kratom [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27504010 - 10/14/21 09:27 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I’ve always been surprised by how blasé people are when talking about kratom.

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
And all the while it was just as if it was sapping me of much of my life force

[…]

The withdrawals were horrible.  Just like any classic narcotic withdrawal. 

My trajectory and experience were similar, 5 months or so of daily use, 3x/day @3-5g. After 2-3 months I was chasing greatly diminishing returns and I had a really hard time stopping. I felt like a wreck for 2-3 months after I did manage to stop.

It’s anything but benign.

--------------------

Edited by Reticulated (10/14/21 01:26 PM)

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Kratom [Re: openmind]
    #27506973 - 10/16/21 05:15 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I read the half life being 17.5 hrs

Maybe it was bullshit my bad yo

Addiction to me is not physically being able to get through a day of tree work

Sitting myself joint pain etc I can deal with yawns and sneezes

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom [Re: TrancedOutBrah] * 1
    #27506980 - 10/16/21 05:18 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TrancedOutBrah said:
Well your name is shithead and you're saying drug addiction is a joke that's easy to deal with.

Need I say more?

Its a joke compared to "serious" withdrawal for sho

Not to be understated but for real yo id rather be in jail kicking that shit than diesel

OfflineKalendula

Loc: Long Island
Re: Kratom [Re: stzacrack]
    #27507665 - 10/17/21 09:08 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I bought an overpriced container of kratom at a local place a few days ago and I just woke up and I'm experiencing mild withdrawal. I'm about to take my first dose of the day and I don't have much left so I'm going to keep all my doses lower than usual in an effort to taper off of it.

--------------------
I need this, right?

Edited by Kalendula (10/17/21 09:53 AM)

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Kratom [Re: Kalendula]
    #27507688 - 10/17/21 09:23 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Withdrawl or hangover…:awenuhuh:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom [Re: Amanita86]
    #27511588 - 10/20/21 04:57 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
Withdrawl or hangover…:awenuhuh:

Right word?

I mean if sneezing 6 times every hr and a half is withdrawal....compared to heroin I can deal haha

Butbyea pretty afraid im gonna drink myself to death

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules