Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
I missed the first 30 minutes of The Passion...
    #2750946 - 05/31/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

So me and my friend were late for the movies so we're like what the hell let's go see most of The Passion of the Christ. So I spent the whole movie trying to figure out what was going on. What happens in the first half an hour? Also who was that vampirish dude? The one in the black. At one point it had some demon child. What was up with that? And why did that one dude hang himself? That's around the point when we got there. Some dude was saying he didn't know Jesus and then there was these kids yelling at this one dude after and they got all fucked up and chased him and he hung himself. What the hell?!

Also did anyone else find it kind of hoaky? I mean that one dude could barely carry the cross himself, and Jesus was just beat past the point of where he should be dead and he can carry it while being whipped? I don't think so.

And another thing. Isn't it against his teachings to kill yourself or assist such a thing? By carrying his cross he's bringing himself to his own death. Wouldn't non-violent resistance make more sense?

Lastly can someone explain to me why that Jew leader dude was crying after Christ died? A couple people told me it was because he realised that Christ was who he said he was but for that to make sense then he would have to accept Christ as the son of God and therefore believe in Christ and would therefore no longer ne a Jew, but would then be a Christian but the Jews are still alive and kicking. What the deal?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: I missed the first 30 minutes of The Passion... [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2750973 - 05/31/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

it's a hollywood movie, don't forget that

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: I missed the first 30 minutes of The Passion... [Re: Cherk]
    #2750985 - 05/31/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well then what's the point of basing a movie on something "real" and then making it phony. It's like making a movie about Hitler where he turns into wolverine and fights omega red.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2751002 - 05/31/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tasty_Smurf_House said:
So me and my friend were late for the movies so we're like what the hell let's go see most of The Passion of the Christ. So I spent the whole movie trying to figure out what was going on. What happens in the first half an hour? Also who was that vampirish dude? The one in the black. At one point it had some demon child. What was up with that? And why did that one dude hang himself? That's around the point when we got there. Some dude was saying he didn't know Jesus and then there was these kids yelling at this one dude after and they got all fucked up and chased him and he hung himself. What the hell?!

Have you read the Bible? It won't make sense if you haven't.

Quote:

Also did anyone else find it kind of hoaky? I mean that one dude could barely carry the cross himself, and Jesus was just beat past the point of where he should be dead and he can carry it while being whipped? I don't think so.

Ya, that's what I was thinking too, but if Jesus is the Son of God, I guess he can do anything.

Quote:

And another thing. Isn't it against his teachings to kill yourself or assist such a thing? By carrying his cross he's bringing himself to his own death. Wouldn't non-violent resistance make more sense?

The idea was that Jesus was the Lamb of God--the one blood sacrifice for all mankind to forgive us of our sins.

Quote:

Lastly can someone explain to me why that Jew leader dude was crying after Christ died? A couple people told me it was because he realised that Christ was who he said he was but for that to make sense then he would have to accept Christ as the son of God and therefore believe in Christ and would therefore no longer ne a Jew, but would then be a Christian but the Jews are still alive and kicking. What the deal?

I believe he was crying over the destruction of the temple(which, despite what the movie portrays, didn't happen until much later). As for Jews still being alive and kicking, modern Judaism has no central leader, and hasn't had one since the destruction of the temple.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2751076 - 05/31/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It's like making a movie about Hitler where he turns into wolverine and fights omega red.

You may be onto something there. Develop the idea a little further...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2751223 - 05/31/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"And another thing. Isn't it against his teachings to kill yourself or assist such a thing? By carrying his cross he's bringing himself to his own death. Wouldn't non-violent resistance make more sense"

You missed the point, he WILLINGLY gave his life.. non violently of course)_

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #2751242 - 05/31/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

to reap money off all the pseudo-religious people that infest this country

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom