Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineconor
Stranger
 User Gallery
first post... off chance this is a liberty cap from Wicklow mountains?
    #27505074 - 10/15/21 05:09 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Recently went on a beautiful walk in Wicklow Mountain National Park near Dublin. Me and my partner found ourselves in this sort of grassy mountainous area and sat down for a lunch. Next to me, where a trodden muddy patch met some grass there was a single white-ish mushroom that was quite tough to pick. I’m a total noobie when it comes to ID'ing mushrooms but this one did look familiar as a “magic mushroom,” but I dunno…

I think I just really wanted it to be one, it certainly seemed like the perfect time (mid-October) and place (grassy hillside in Wicklow) for it, and it was just a beautiful day. Wanted some beginners luck lol. Trouble is I don’t think it has any sort of slimy-looking membrane (although it had a bit of that quality along the ridge where it’s darker), and it’s sort of dried rather sadly. Thinking now it's probably a plain old “mower’s mushroom” which seems to be the most similar-looking lookalike.

Thanks for helping a beginner out!

* Habitat What kind of trees were nearby?  What was it growing from?

High-altitude, grassy/shrubby hillside, growing from grass. Area looked a little like this: https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/d4a82/38321434.ece/AUTOCROP/w1240h700/glendalough.jpg

* Location Where in the world was it?

Wicklow National Park near Dublin

* Gills What do they look like?

Dark purplish

* Stem

White/gray, bruises brown / bluish-gray near the bottom

* Scent of the mushroom.

Not really sure how to describe. Earthy with some sharpness...

Pics:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSummerSquish
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: first post... off chance this is a liberty cap from Wicklow mountains? [Re: conor]
    #27505090 - 10/15/21 05:38 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Yep that's a lib 👍

InvisibleReticulated
Homo Reticulus
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland Flag
Re: first post... off chance this is a liberty cap from Wicklow mountains? [Re: SummerSquish]
    #27505125 - 10/15/21 06:28 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, Psilocybe semilanceata.

--------------------

OfflineRenegadeMycologist
On the case
Male User Gallery

Loc: Serbia Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: first post... off chance this is a liberty cap from Wicklow mountains? [Re: Reticulated]
    #27505161 - 10/15/21 07:13 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

lib yes

--------------------
:mushroom2:  l e a r n i n g  t h i n g s :mushroom2:

Offlineconor
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: first post... off chance this is a liberty cap from Wicklow mountains? [Re: RenegadeMycologist]
    #27509167 - 10/18/21 03:22 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, this made my day! I was really talking myself out of it being a lib. But this'll go down in my little mental scrapbook as a win — felt very lucky to have found it without really looking. Earlier in the vacation I found some delicious, rotund porcini as well. Might just be a sign to get into this mushroom hunting biz!

For the record I ate it and didn't really feel anything but I suppose I was in more of a light-hearted mood than usual :smile:

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Trusted Identifier
Re: first post... off chance this is a liberty cap from Wicklow mountains? [Re: conor]
    #27509344 - 10/18/21 06:00 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

conor said:
For the record I ate it and didn't really feel anything but I suppose I was in more of a light-hearted mood than usual :smile:

:lol: You're unlikely to feel anything from just one mushroom! There's no point me telling you how many you would need because they vary greatly in size. The best thing is to weigh them using precision scales and refer to the Shroomery Magic Mushroom Dosage Calculator.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract