Home | Community | Message Board

MycologyNow.com Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

How are you supposed to morally make a living in this stupid world * 1
    #27503568 - 10/13/21 09:41 PM (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Fuck. I'm 22 and just quit a sales job so now I'm broke living with my pops. Felt no respect from my company or manager and also had an intuitive sense I didn't belong, so I peaced the fuck out. It seems like the only option in this country is to sell your soul to the system while some rich cunt pats you on the shoulder. There is no way I could endure 4 decades of being someone's bitch.

How the FUCK do I come up with an idea for entrepreneurship or at least what skills are good foundations to build from?

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous #2

Re: How are you supposed to morally make a living in this stupid world [Re: Anonymous #1] * 2
    #27503589 - 10/13/21 09:59 PM (3 days, 1 hour ago)

There's really no way around it at this point. Get a skill and start working a lot of hours to try and get ahead. Try to live at home and save. You can't live like a typical American and piss away whatever you make. The next 10 years should be nothing but work and save, no restaurants/bars, nothing but basic cars, no vacations, no wasting money on relationships, no gambling, no drug habits.  Make it count and pick the skill you want and like. After 10 years of doing this you will be ahead of 75% of the people at the same age, you can do it.

Anonymous #3

Re: How are you supposed to morally make a living in this stupid world [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #27504243 - 10/14/21 04:04 PM (2 days, 7 hours ago)

You're 22. You probably suck, so that's why you didn't get any respect :shrug: But that's fine. You'll get better with more experience.
Sales has always seemed gross to me. There is plenty of work out there that doesn't involve lying to people's faces. Get you a nice labor job, build something with your hands, it can be very satisfying.
You are likely to always have a boss telling you what to do, one way or another. Best to get over that as soon as you can. Not every boss is an asshole who makes you their bitch, and I applaud you for having the balls to quit instead of take that. But you need to practice taking direction without taking it personally.

Entrepreneurship? How many millions of dollars do you have in the bank for startup costs?

Every one of my friends that has been able to buy a house, have their masters degree or more.

Anonymous #4

Re: How are you supposed to morally make a living in this stupid world [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #27504611 - 10/14/21 09:14 PM (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Great Advice Anon #2.

So my advice is to first assess your own skills. What are you good at? Are you good at talking to people as you did in the Sales job? Perhaps you have mechanical skills? Or you're good at cooking? Take some online skill tests and find out what your are naturally good at. And since you are only 22, you have tons of time to figure out that question.

But yeah, you're kinda right about selling your soul to the system. We all have to work for "The Man" aka the richer boss/CEO who owns the company. But imagine this, what if your boss is cool and you respected them and they respected you? Those kinds of companies do exist. Id suggest working for a small start-up company if you can find one. I currently do and its really awesome. Everyone is so friendly and easy-going, a great place to work. Ive had shitty jobs, I know how awful they can be, from the work to the management. Once you figure out your skillset, practice on those skills then find a company with a mission statement that seems to line up with your ideals.

Or maybe move to a legal state and be a salesperson in recreational marijuana. In the future, it could even be recreational/medicinal magic mushrooms.

As for an entrepreneurship, that one is tricky. Basically, you have to be kind of a genius and invent something or a service that is totally novel. And if your idea is good enough, you could get funding from banks or even the government. Not an easy task by any means but not impossible. Or you just study the market of a specific city and start a business in a niche market, for example a home/industrial landscaping business. If you really wanna go the small business route, take a class on Business Entrepreneurship and see if its something you could see yourself doing.

Anonymous #5

Re: How are you supposed to morally make a living in this stupid world [Re: Anonymous #4] * 1
    #27505154 - 10/15/21 09:06 AM (1 day, 13 hours ago)

If youre handy, why not grow some gourmet mushrooms and sell magics on the side for your friends and frineds if friends only, just to be on the safe side.

Anonymous #1

Re: How are you supposed to morally make a living in this stupid world [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #27506514 - 10/16/21 12:45 PM (10 hours, 20 minutes ago)

Any recommended guides on growing edibles? Is it the same as psychs, just need edible spores or what?

Anonymous #6

Re: How are you supposed to morally make a living in this stupid world [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #27506768 - 10/16/21 04:26 PM (6 hours, 40 minutes ago)

Paul Stamets book on gourmet mushrooms is a good start.

Here’s the thing starting out. You will always be someone’s bitch working for someone and making them money, while going broke.  If you start a business you’ll easily work 80 hours a week trying to make it. I own a landscape company, it’s tough as hell but the money is good. But I’m not wealthy, but I’m not someone’s bitch either. Big difference. I make good money I’m not doing it to be broke.  Your always buying equipment, marketing, somethings always broken, you have to plan ahead, gas, flat tires etc etc… but I support my family.

You can make crazy money growing shrooms for your friends start small word of mouth hire a friend you won’t keep up. That’s what I would do. Or work for someone and stay broke. Work for yourself and work 80 hours a week. Grow a few gourmet shrooms to the restraunts in your area and for your friends. Probably make 5k a month starting. That’s where I would start. Every business is saturated with low ballers and thieves, you can mow a lawn for 60 but some asshole will do it for 25, you can’t afford to. You need insurance, truck insurance, pay employees per hour. Business licenses. There’s a lot to it, there really is.  I’d go the mushroom route for now, easy startup money. Flow hood, pressure cooker, jars and a few totes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils