Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGoanna
Bright Yellow Mushrooms growing in my Anacondas Tank!
    #2750350 - 05/31/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, well I have about 8 inches of crushed coconut bark in my anacondas tank, it stays pretty damp. Recently, I let it dry out a little as I wanted to vacuum it all out and change it. Now last week I noticed what looked to be some type of fungus growing really deep into the soil/coconut mix. I left it alone and then started to notice it taking a form. Now, there are several areas growing mushrooms. They are bright yellow, flourescent almost. They are growing extreamly quickly, like doubling in size every day.

Actually, I just turned around and looked at them again, and they are now sticking up out of the substrate by about an inch, this morning they were still under the substrate!

They look to be the shape of a cubensis, but I honestly have no idea how they would have got there. Only thing I am thinking of is that there were spores in the bedding I used. It is crushed coconut, and it most likely came from Hawaii.

Here are some pics. They are from yesterday morning, they are literally double this size now.

Anyone know what they are? Thanks.

Oh, and heres a picture of Loki (my anaconda) if any of you want to see.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Bright Yellow Mushrooms growing in my Anacondas Tank! [Re: Goanna]
    #2750742 - 05/31/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That's a very common mushroom in flower pots. It's Leucocoprinus birnbaumii. They're a little distorted from growing up againts the glass. They are not edible or active, and may be mildly poisonous.

You get the award for oddest place to have found them so far!

Happy mushrooming!

OfflineGoanna
Re: Bright Yellow Mushrooms growing in my Anacondas Tank! [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2750806 - 05/31/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the info. A google image search verified that is definitly the species. It says (just as you did) that it may be highly toxic. Guess its time to get them out of there then. Wouldnt want my anaconda to eat/bite one accidentally. Thanks again.

Invisibleeric_the_red
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Bright Yellow Mushrooms growing in my Anacondas Tank! [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2750909 - 05/31/04 08:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

they are pretty mushrooms when they aren?t smashed up against a glass wall.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Bright Yellow Mushrooms growing in my Anacondas Tank! [Re: Goanna]
    #2752183 - 06/01/04 04:25 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Sure that isn't snake shit?

hehehe.. Just kidding.

HJow cool. I once saw a mushroom growing in the keyhole of a barn door.
mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale