Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom   Amazing Botanicals Best Kratom Shop   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleGr33nTree73S
 User Gallery

Loc: Rochester, NY Flag
Re: Kratom [Re: Shiithead]
    #27503428 - 10/13/21 06:58 PM (1 month, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:
I'm surprised you're not dead from alcohol withdrawal. That's a lot of booze.

I was thinking the same thing, I was drinking like that for a couple years and the withdraw included 4 days of delirium tremens with full blown hallucinations, heart palpitations, unable to regulate body temperature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineShiithead
Conservatively Progressive
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: Kratom [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #27503434 - 10/13/21 07:01 PM (1 month, 18 days ago)

If they can put please use responsibility on the side of the container and call it a day, why can't they do it with weed?

:smugjerry:

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Family

InvisibleGr33nTree73S
 User Gallery

Loc: Rochester, NY Flag
Re: Kratom [Re: Shiithead] * 1
    #27503438 - 10/13/21 07:09 PM (1 month, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:
If they can put please use responsibility on the side of the container and call it a day, why can't they do it with weed?

:smugjerry:

Well, now that I can buy weed here, the guy at my shop always tells people not to burn out when they leave :vaped:

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Kratom [Re: Gr33nTree73] * 1
    #27503627 - 10/13/21 10:34 PM (1 month, 18 days ago)

At various points in my life I’ve been hooked on varying opiates/opioids.  Kratom is not to be underestimated.  Kratom contains several compounds which are in fact opioids  After one 90 day stint of abstinence from everything I began using the “oh so benign plant medicine” - Kratom - or so they used to say about it back in the day and some still erroneously & naively  believe that falsehood to this very day. 

Sure it can be used as a traditional medicine appropriately in some cases (probably only by a very small handful of the people that take it) it’s got a unique pharmacological profile, and a bunch of other random chemical compounds in it that make it slightly difficult, but not even close to making it abuse/misuse/addiction/dependency proof.  Not that you need to even be taking high doses for very long to get anguishing withdrawal symptoms from it. But w/e some people will try and justify and rationalize their addiction(s) in anyway they can until they believe their own b.s.

When I was using it I  used 3-5g per dose x 3-4 times per day for 1.5 months straight.  I quit one day because I didn’t like the side effects it was having on my system and I’d had enough of tolerating them in exchange for an ever diminishing & meager “buzz”.  And all the while it was just as if it was sapping me of much of my life force energy and more.  So I stopped.

The withdrawals were horrible.  Just like any classic narcotic withdrawal.  I saw a professional seeking treatment to help me get through the withdrawal & scored moderately high points all across the board on the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Syndrome scale (C.O.W.S. Scale).  He treated me with clonidine, trazadone, bentyl, and nsaids.  It but only a tiny dent in the severity of the symptoms.  It took a good 2.5 weeks after quitting before I felt more or less like the withdrawals were completely gone and I was fit enough to function somewhat properly again.  Kratom sucks except for if it’s used only as a once in a blue moon sort of thing for short term minor-moderate pain relief that doesn’t respond to NSAIDS or stuff.

Most people are using it to self medicate their lack of a sense of well-being, which can manifest in myriad ways.  Some for physical pain.  Most of which can usually be routinely remedied by more skillful & effective means & with less detrimental effects than taking Kratom.

that’s just my own experience and I know many never had that bad of a time coming off of it, but let’s be real…Kratom , in general, is shitty.  Still, I don’t think it should be made illegal, but I’d like to see it regulated justly.  I’ve seen too many people get hooked - for many it took years and they suffered no big consequences…until they tried to quit. 

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or - give me Death caps

Edited by The Blind Ass (10/13/21 10:45 PM)

InvisibleReticulated
Homo Reticulus
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland Flag
Re: Kratom [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27504010 - 10/14/21 11:27 AM (1 month, 17 days ago)

I’ve always been surprised by how blasé people are when talking about kratom.

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
And all the while it was just as if it was sapping me of much of my life force

[…]

The withdrawals were horrible.  Just like any classic narcotic withdrawal. 

My trajectory and experience were similar, 5 months or so of daily use, 3x/day @3-5g. After 2-3 months I was chasing greatly diminishing returns and I had a really hard time stopping. I felt like a wreck for 2-3 months after I did manage to stop.

It’s anything but benign.

--------------------

Edited by Reticulated (10/14/21 03:26 PM)

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger

Re: Kratom [Re: openmind]
    #27506973 - 10/16/21 07:15 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

I read the half life being 17.5 hrs

Maybe it was bullshit my bad yo

Addiction to me is not physically being able to get through a day of tree work

Sitting myself joint pain etc I can deal with yawns and sneezes

--------------------
You tryna' find a misses
I'm tryna' find them riches
So I started pimpin'
learnt how to monetize my bitches

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger

Re: Kratom [Re: TrancedOutBrah] * 1
    #27506980 - 10/16/21 07:18 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Quote:

TrancedOutBrah said:
Well your name is shithead and you're saying drug addiction is a joke that's easy to deal with.

Need I say more?

Its a joke compared to "serious" withdrawal for sho

Not to be understated but for real yo id rather be in jail kicking that shit than diesel

--------------------
You tryna' find a misses
So I started pimpin'

OfflineKalendula

Loc: Long Island
Re: Kratom [Re: stzacrack]
    #27507665 - 10/17/21 11:08 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

I bought an overpriced container of kratom at a local place a few days ago and I just woke up and I'm experiencing mild withdrawal. I'm about to take my first dose of the day and I don't have much left so I'm going to keep all my doses lower than usual in an effort to taper off of it.

Edited by Kalendula (10/17/21 11:53 AM)

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Admin
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Kratom [Re: Kalendula]
    #27507688 - 10/17/21 11:23 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Withdrawl or hangover…:awenuhuh:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger

Re: Kratom [Re: Amanita86]
    #27511588 - 10/20/21 06:57 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
Withdrawl or hangover…:awenuhuh:

Right word?

I mean if sneezing 6 times every hr and a half is withdrawal....compared to heroin I can deal haha

Butbyea pretty afraid im gonna drink myself to death

--------------------
You tryna' find a misses
So I started pimpin'

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom   Amazing Botanicals Best Kratom Shop   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder