Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

[UK] Rare mushrooms are disappearing in Epping Forest's ancient woodland
    #27501288 - 10/11/21 10:31 PM (10 days, 2 hours ago)

Rare mushrooms are disappearing in Epping Forest's ancient woodland
October 11, 2021 - ITV

Hundreds of rare mushrooms are disappearing from one of London's ancient woodlands despite byelaws brought in to stop people picking them.

Officials at Epping Forest said some people even faced prosecution after being caught taking large quantities.

"We have over 4 million visits each year and we want to create this as a space people can come and see and look at these wonderful things," said Tristan Betta, a land agent for Epping Forest.

"But we have had problems with people coming and picking them and when that happens the mushrooms are not here for other people to enjoy.

"We had cases where people were taking large quantities which would be beyond what you would use personally, people are just picking at random - taking as many as they can carry," he added.

Spread over thousands of acres, Epping Forest is seen as an internationally important place because of its mix of habitats and species.

Byelaws which are unique to the forest, in addition to the normal UK laws, help preserve the area.

"We have byelaws in the forest which help protect it, including not taking any living thing - including funghi," said Tristan.

"We have taken people for prosecution.

"We will stop people if they are picking mushrooms and we will educate people about why we don't wish for people to pick funghi - and worst case scenario we can prosecute.

"Take photos, enjoy them, learn about them but don't pick them and don't kick them", he added.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCreonAntigone
Stranger
Re: [UK] Rare mushrooms are disappearing in Epping Forest's ancient woodland [Re: veggie]
    #27501423 - 10/12/21 01:00 AM (9 days, 23 hours ago)

How much harm does picking a mushroom do to the species? It makes sense that they want to stop picking in this case but I have heard before that picking mushrooms is rarely a concern for preservation.

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
Re: [UK] Rare mushrooms are disappearing in Epping Forest's ancient woodland [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #27501483 - 10/12/21 02:33 AM (9 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

CreonAntigone said:
How much harm does picking a mushroom do to the species? It makes sense that they want to stop picking in this case but I have heard before that picking mushrooms is rarely a concern for preservation.

your thinking 1 person picking there are hundreds and you see by the report people take way more then personal use.

InvisiblePsychoReactive
CocaTea.com
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: [UK] Rare mushrooms are disappearing in Epping Forest's ancient woodland [Re: kanemush]
    #27504100 - 10/14/21 01:20 PM (7 days, 11 hours ago)

Picking mushrooms helps spread the spores, therefore helps mushrooms grow even more. The logic of this article is illogical.
Smells like "global warming now climate change" propaganda.

--------------------
https://drivenanddesired.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds