Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleUnknownfungi
Amateur mycologist
I'm a teapot

Miraculix Q-test results for wild Gym. luteus, 0.6% Psilocybin * 5
    #27495046 - 10/06/21 04:03 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Here are my findings after one Psilo-Q test by Miraculix. The test samples were found in Upstate, NY about a week ago. Link to the find of the original samples is here.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27489953

I was worried that the yellow color of the fruit bodies would impact the test as it's based on color of the final solution but found the color extracted had little to no impact when mixed with the reagent. The pictures with the syringe shows the color of the extract solution and the picture on top of the pyrex bowl shows the color after the reagent is mixed with the extract. The two bottles side by side show the original reagent color and the extract solution before filtering.

Mushrooms were dried out over 40 hours at 90f in a dehumidifier.

Testing procedure. Measured out 1 gram of dried Gymnopilus luteus from multiple specimens and different sections. Meaning I mixed an piece of cap from a large fruit, a cap piece from a young, small fruit, and pieces of stems from both. In all, parts from four different mushrooms were used. This was in effort for a more uniform end result. The pieces were ground together into a uniform size. 150mg was then weighed out to test. From this point all instructions were followed on the test packaging.

It was a cloudy day but after looking from many different angles and lighting sources including the way Miraculix suggests. I found the results to read to >0.6% Psilocybin or >6mg per 1 gram of dried mushroom material.

EDIT: After a bioassay I would put the potency between 0.2-0.3% psilocybin.

--------------------
Gymnopilus luteofolius potency results
Gymnopilus luteus potency results
Active Pluteus potency results
Panaeolus cinctulus potency results
Psilocybe caerulipes potency results
Gymnopilus luteus
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata
Psilocybe caerulipes
Panaeolus cinctulus
Pluteus americanus

Edited by Unknownfungi (06/22/23 05:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMoria841
Male

Loc: NJ Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Miraculix Q-test results for wild Gym. luteus, 0.6% Psilocybin [Re: Unknownfungi]
    #27495093 - 10/06/21 04:32 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Wonderful! Well done!

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

OfflineXXfuzyxgamingXX
Bog Walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: In The Woods
Re: Miraculix Q-test results for wild Gym. luteus, 0.6% Psilocybin [Re: Moria841]
    #27495100 - 10/06/21 04:35 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Nice work man!! This is so awesome to see. I love that you took samples from multiple specimens to homogenize the result. Considering some of the most potent mushrooms on earth push 2%, .6% is a lot!! These are much more potent than people give them credit for

--------------------

OfflineMoria841
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: Miraculix Q-test results for wild Gym. luteus, 0.6% Psilocybin [Re: XXfuzyxgamingXX]
    #27495103 - 10/06/21 04:40 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I have some subspectabilis I want to get tested soon. Wonder if they'd be similar or different in potency!

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

InvisibleUnknownfungi
Amateur mycologist
I'm a teapot

Re: Miraculix Q-test results for wild Gym. luteus, 0.6% Psilocybin [Re: Moria841]
    #27495218 - 10/06/21 06:31 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Moria841 said:
I have some subspectabilis I want to get tested soon. Wonder if they'd be similar or different in potency!

Would love to see those results also! I was quite surprised to see results that high as I've heard many say gymnopilus is very weak in comparison to Cubensis. I've read many say 10 dry grams is a threshold dose but at ~0.6% that'd send me into another world. I have some Gymnopilus luteofolius that I'll be testing if the patch fruits again before winter. The only samples I have aren't in the best shape for potency testing plus they're going to Alan for DNA sequencing.

Thanks for all the support everyone!!

--------------------
Gymnopilus luteus
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Psilocybe caerulipes
Panaeolus cinctulus
Pluteus americanus

OfflineMoria841
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: Miraculix Q-test results for wild Gym. luteus, 0.6% Psilocybin [Re: Unknownfungi]
    #27495406 - 10/06/21 10:12 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Unknownfungi said:
Quote:

Moria841 said:

Would love to see those results also! I was quite surprised to see results that high as I've heard many say gymnopilus is very weak in comparison to Cubensis. I've read many say 10 dry grams is a threshold dose but at ~0.6% that'd send me into another world. I have some Gymnopilus luteofolius that I'll be testing if the patch fruits again before winter. The only samples I have aren't in the best shape for potency testing plus they're going to Alan for DNA sequencing.

Thanks for all the support everyone!!

Yeah no, they're stronger than people say, seems like around half the strength of cubensis makes sense

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Invisibleseldom seen
April Fool
Male User Gallery

#27495676 - 10/07/21 06:33 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Very cool, nicely done:rockon:

--------------------

OfflineMr.Giggles
Time bandit
 User Gallery

Loc: The space in between spaces.
    #27811514 - 06/08/22 11:02 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Did you ever test those luteofolius? I'd also be interested to know if liquiritiae contains anything, there's lots where I live, they stain purple.

--------------------

OfflineHAKR ELITE
"Sure. Mushrooms Friends."

Loc: Under The Gills...
Re: Miraculix Q-test results for wild Gym. luteus, 0.6% Psilocybin [Re: Mr.Giggles]
    #27813584 - 06/10/22 04:07 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Beautiful Work my friend...I love gyms and have always felt they were stronger than suggested and over time I've managed to figure out quite a few tricks to eliminate the bitter flavor so all and all to me they are an awesome active species that is def worth being sought out 🥂

--------------------

InvisibleUnknownfungi
Amateur mycologist
I'm a teapot

Re: Miraculix Q-test results for wild Gym. luteus, 0.6% Psilocybin [Re: Mr.Giggles]
    #27813614 - 06/10/22 04:27 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.Giggles said:
Did you ever test those luteofolius? I'd also be interested to know if liquiritiae contains anything, there's lots where I live, they stain purple.

I haven't forgotten just an uninsured kitchen fire that messed up everything. So I haven't tested them yet but plan to this summer. I have enough to test but would rather have a fresher sample to test. Also I need to order more tests.

Would love to test liquiritiae and perhaps other Gymnopilus species but I need to find a wild sample first. There's also the blue brusing Mycena I found last year that would be neat to test (LINK)-------
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27485657/page/6

I'd like to repeat the luteus test while also testing cinctulus, ovoideocystidiata, and caerulipes. Still need to find caerulipes to test but I have a few good spots scouted for the upcoming months. Be on the look out for those results!!

--------------------
Gymnopilus luteus
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Psilocybe caerulipes
Panaeolus cinctulus
Pluteus americanus

InvisibleUnknownfungi
Amateur mycologist
I'm a teapot

Re: Miraculix Q-test results for wild Gym. luteus, 0.6% Psilocybin [Re: HAKR ELITE]
    #27813630 - 06/10/22 04:34 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HAKR ELITE said:
Beautiful Work my friend...I love gyms and have always felt they were stronger than suggested and over time I've managed to figure out quite a few tricks to eliminate the bitter flavor so all and all to me they are an awesome active species that is def worth being sought out 🥂

Thank you, much appreciated!!

I love them too and think they're under appreciated. A Gymnopilus experience is just different isn't it? Much more relaxing and tranquil. Not enough is definitively known about this genus, much more work is needed!

Also would love to hear your prep methods to remove the bitterness!

--------------------
Gymnopilus luteus
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Psilocybe caerulipes
Panaeolus cinctulus
Pluteus americanus

InvisibleDandurn777
Other

#27813709 - 06/10/22 05:42 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

How are the visuals?

--------------------
Prying open my Allenii

OfflineMr.Giggles
Time bandit
 User Gallery

Loc: The space in between spaces.
    #27813893 - 06/10/22 08:58 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I have a collection of liquiritiae, picked a bunch before I really knew what they were, I just knew they were gyms. I haven't been able to find anything about tests being done for alkaloids, apart from like a couple people consuming them, one said he got a strange buzz, the others felt nothing I guess, I think one guy said he had weird after-effects for a month... I really want to test some of the Cinctulus and Pluteus I find around here too, some of them blue as much as cubes (see cincts my sig) and some of the Pluteus also smell strongly like cubensis. I need to get my hands on some of those miraculux tests sometime when I'm not broke... so probably never lol

--------------------

InvisibleHartford
Lawful Good
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
    #28059519 - 11/19/22 06:22 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Unknownfungi said:
Quote:

HAKR ELITE said:

Thank you, much appreciated!!

I love them too and think they're under appreciated. A Gymnopilus experience is just different isn't it? Much more relaxing and tranquil. Not enough is definitively known about this genus, much more work is needed!

Also would love to hear your prep methods to remove the bitterness!

I was only able to experience Gymnopilus luteus, and it was very uplifting.

It seems like psilocybin might be playing a secondary role in the effects, which means, these potency tests may be deceptive for the purposes of evaluating a species' usefulness in pharmacology.

Which Gymnopilus species would you say was better, from a subjective, standpoint, from your personal experience?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom