Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesic8
dazed andconfused
Loc: underneath
Australian Winter species, first time hunter
    #2748393 - 05/30/04 11:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hi everybody, first post here.

I've read as much as I can find about my area (Newcastle) and have tried to find mushrooms but to no avail. I've tried pastures after rain, local bushland etc. and have only found one variety of mushroom (no idea what it is). Where should I be looking in order to find winter species? Do they grow this far north? Anybody have some general areas that they wouldn't mind sharing?

I appreciate the help,

Lost newbie :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: Australian Winter species, first time hunter [Re: sic8]
    #2748705 - 05/31/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

ill share with you some helpful tips i got when i started (im in Melb)

when? NOW season is proclaimed to be April/May-July/August but this just gives you of a main idea of when to go.
What? Psilocybe Subaeruginosa (do a search on google)
conditions rainy! a 5-7 days after a few days a rain should do
habitats - Eucalypt mulch , pine wood chips. But really everytime i see them they usally growin off different stuff.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2749182 - 05/31/04 05:31 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

First you can t go to Magic Mushrooms of Australia and New Zealand

Look under shrooms and then go to the book on Australian and NZ shrooms.
mj

Offlinesic8
dazed andconfused
Loc: underneath
Re: Australian Winter species, first time hunter [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2751113 - 05/31/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys. I'll try looking in pine chips around my town. If that fails I'll check out a few local pine plantations. If that fails.. I guess I'll just drive to the Blue Mountains and make a day trip of it. :/

Offlinesuboriginal
enthusiast

#2752175 - 06/01/04 04:12 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Personally I would explore pine and Eucalypt forest areas at least equally, and not concentrate just on pine, if I was after some cool photos of these guys. Also take a digital camera/ a few photos of ANY shrooms you come accross (wierder the better), build up a bit of a NEWCASTLE SPECIMENS archive on your hard drive. Include where/ what day you found them in your file-name 'code'... it's good fun getting home and checking out the pics, even if you find no subs. I've never hunted in Newcastle, but I would imagine you might find more fungi in the higher areas rather than the lower, or at least it's probably worth exploring slopes, so you can cover a range of altidudes... any big hills around where you are ? ... Been getting much rain there lately ? (in the last week?)

--------------------
Peace, love and organic brown rice...

Offlinesuboriginal
enthusiast

Re: Australian Winter species, first time hunter [Re: suboriginal]
    #2752177 - 06/01/04 04:18 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

PS. if you do go to the Blue mountains anytime soon, make SURE you take a cam... friend just camped around there for 2 days, said in some spots there was more than 20 'different' fungi species in view...

--------------------
Peace, love and organic brown rice...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order