Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechronic_124
journeyman
Potency degradation to time after veil breaks ratio
    #2747171 - 05/30/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Will you get more psychoactive stuff by waiting a couple days after the veil breaks to get a heavier shroom? I know their most potent before the veil breaks, but if your not concerned in a mushroom that is as potent as it can be for its weight, is it worth it to wait?

p.s. just smoked a joint so I know that sounds kind of retarded

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: Potency degradation to time after veil breaks ratio [Re: chronic_124]
    #2747185 - 05/30/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like your looking for more weight then potency hmm wonder why .... But yes it will gain bit more weight after veil breaks

--------------------

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

#2747186 - 05/30/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

From what I've heard it's best to pick right before the veil starts to tear. This is supposed to be the peak potency time since the mushroom hasn't gone to work on spores yet, and it's less messy since you won't have spores in your fruiting chamber.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #2747255 - 05/30/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have never noticed a difference in potency between any of the stages of mushroom developement.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Potency degradation to time after veil breaks ratio [Re: FallenShroom]
    #2747260 - 05/30/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FallenShroom said:
Sounds like your looking for more weight then potency hmm wonder why ....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offlinechronic_124
journeyman
Re: Potency degradation to time after veil breaks ratio [Re: DieCommie]
    #2747781 - 05/30/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

actually no, i'm not growing to sell them, if you guys read the post a littl e more carefully, I said, I know its at peak potency before the veil breaks, but what I'm wondering is what the potency degradation to time after veil breaks ratio roughly was. So if it starts degrading slower than the mushroom continues to grow, it would be worth it to wait a few more days. I hope that didn't sound snotty or anything, just re-explaining myself. Maybe I wasn't clear at first.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #2747913 - 05/30/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

From what I have read, the potency wont go up if you let it get bigger. Once the veil breaks, the shroom stops producing active chemicals, and starts making spores. So letting it grow after the veil breaks wont increase the amount of active chemicals.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: Potency degradation to time after veil breaks ratio [Re: z@z.com]
    #2747939 - 05/30/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
I have never noticed a difference in potency between any of the stages of mushroom developement.

I agree with this. Nor have I ever seen anything scientific to lead to me to believe otherwise.

I'm actually a little bit suspicious this belief just started as a way of one grower/dealer to tout his product as better than an alternative and spread from there.

Food for thought: different strains at full maturity have different amounts of curvature in the cap, thus influencing the consumer's perception of the mushroom's maturity level.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: Potency degradation to time after veil breaks ratio [Re: niteowl]
    #2747960 - 05/30/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Once the veil breaks, the shroom stops producing active chemicals, and starts making spores. 

For example :smile:, this is one statement that gets repeated alot, but I've never seen anything to lead me to believe it's actually true.  It mostly seems to be something that's read here and repeated by people that believe what they read from well meaning posters here.

If there are any studies out there that show veil development has anything to do with fungal chemical (any of them in any species because if could be relevant from an evolutionary prospective) production, I would be glad to know of them.

Offlinechronic_124
journeyman
Re: Potency degradation to time after veil breaks ratio [Re: Tantalus]
    #2748084 - 05/30/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Some of the smart scientific dudes must know the answer to this...I hope they'll post it!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2748137 - 05/30/04 09:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It doesnt make sense to me that the potency would go down, or that the mushrooms would continue to get bigger but all the new weight wouldn't have silly siben in it. I'd also like to see some research and sources to your information on this.

I'd image they'd get bigger and youd just get more shroom. The question is, if you waiting another day, how much bigger would they get? Probably not as big as if you cleaned it and got a days jump on the next flush. So after a couple of flushes starting a day ahead of time you'll get an extra flush compared to if you wait an extra day on all your flushes.

Of course thats assuming your planning on doing this non stop...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract