Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefjbk47985
Has Been AbsentFor Far Too Long
Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin
    #1079661 - 11/23/02 03:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've decided to start his just to give newbs an idea of stuff that might make their trips better and prevent them from having bad ones.
Please add stuff as u deem necessisary.

DO
- Listen to ambient music. Pink Floyd or Infected mushroom are some examples.
- Watch trippy things like those winamp visualizations that are nuts.
- Lowdoseing with other people is fun if you are all on good terms.
- Trip outside with nature.

DO NOT
- High does with other people around. *This may depend on person but i don't think it will matter once Ego-death sets in and you lose connection with reality.
- Eat mushrooms that u think are spoiled, have weird colors (other then blue) or that you are not sure if they are psychedelic.
- Trip with people you don't like.
- Trip in cop filled area's (obvious) or in public places like skool or the bus stop because bad things can happen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin [Re: fjbk47985]
    #1079892 - 11/23/02 05:30 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

those sound like sound tips :grin:

however, IM and Pink Floyd are not ambient works... Pink Floyd is more psychedellic rock, and IM may be considered GOA Trance/techno.  but ambient works such as Aphex Twin and some of Autechre's music (eggshell & lowride) are also very nice for tripping. :cool:

Do
- Make sure you're in a comfortable setting & good state of mind

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1079967 - 11/23/02 06:11 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

DO
- "Listen to ambient music. Pink Floyd or Infected mushroom are some examples." Dude thats not ambient.. And if you REALLY want to trip hard, go with silence - its utterly MADDENING! :smile:
- "Watch trippy things like those winamp visualizations that are nuts." Whats more nuts is closing your eyes and watching how bright the darkness really is.
- "Lowdoseing with other people is fun if you are all on good terms." sure.. I don't trip for fun though. Psychedelics are hard work ;-)
- "Trip outside with nature." Yeah as long as you're not somewhere where bugs are abundant - holy shit I tripped out in a particular camping spot once that was swarming with insects, and it was incredibly distracting. Make sure you've got warm clothes too

DO NOT
-" High does with other people around. *This may depend on person but i don't think it will matter once Ego-death sets in and you lose connection with reality." I would never say this to anybody. I do not encourage tripping alone, although I trip alone  :blush:
- "Eat mushrooms that u think are spoiled, have weird colors (other then blue) or that you are not sure if they are psychedelic." Gee, good thinking.
- "Trip with people you don't like." Howbout "Don't do anything with people you don't like."
- "Trip in cop filled area's (obvious) or in public places like skool or the bus stop because bad things can happen." Howbout "Don't do anything in cop-filled areas." There's nothing wrong with tripping in a public place as long as you've got the maturity to "keep it together," but external imput is definitely distracting to the mass of internal chaos that occurs while shrooming, so I like to be alone because I don't trip as hard when I've got to concentrate on not looking like a retard :smile:

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
My imput..... if anybody cares :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1080009 - 11/23/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

DO
Listen to whatever music that takes you to that happy place when you're sober.
Take the time to lie down on the grass and watch the sky, even just for 10 mins.
Know your limits. Other people may be able to shroom harder than you, but it isn't a competition.
Try something new every time - even if it's just a small thing. Things like a new location, or listening to a different album.

DON'T
Worry when you don't end up doing everything you had planned on the trip - it's what you get out of it that matters.
Trip in places that you don't really feel safe in. Varies with each person
Trip when you're not feeling very well, or have a cold.
Trip too much! Don't overdo a good thing.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin [Re: Sheepish]
    #1080146 - 11/23/02 07:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"DON'T Trip too much! Don't overdo a good thing."

That's my golden rule :smile: Good one man

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
^^ ^^ :cool:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

Re: Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin [Re: Strumpling]
    #1080200 - 11/23/02 08:14 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Totally agree Strumpling. I think that doing that brings on a slight depression as well. Not a recreational drug...at all.

--------------------

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
    #1080555 - 11/23/02 10:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I like pink floyd however i find that one should be carefull when listening to them while tripping becuz one may get depressing vibes, this could throw you into a bad trip. But Terry Riley "a rainbow in curved air" is a must have.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1081076 - 11/24/02 02:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Depressing vibes, Pink Floyd? I've listened to Pink Floyd on many a trip, and have yet to encounter a bad vibe from that band.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin [Re: Sheepish]
    #2747590 - 05/30/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Come on man, just take a listen to The Wall or Animals and you will see the dark side of Pink Floyd. Meddle is the best, in my opinion, but most of the later stuff just got way too dark for me...

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin [Re: mecreateme]
    #2747601 - 05/30/04 06:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Mother is the best.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin [Re: mecreateme]
    #2747628 - 05/30/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
Come on man, just take a listen to The Wall or Animals and you will see the dark side of Pink Floyd. Meddle is the best, in my opinion, but most of the later stuff just got way too dark for me...

I remember during a bad mushroom trip I put on Dark Side of the Moon. It's not a 'happy' album by any means but it felt soothing to my ears and I immediately felt a little better. Gotta love Us and Them, one of my favourite songs ever

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin [Re: chodamunky]
    #2748323 - 05/30/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

steps to a good trip:

Trip when "time" is not an issue. This means do not trip when you are going to have to worry about being somewere in the next 12 hours. Worying about having to be home, pick someone up, anything like that. Tripping is a sacred event, any wory will cause you to have a bad trip.

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Loc: Dark side of the shroom
    #2748648 - 05/31/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:mushroom2:  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:
DO'S  :thumbup:
1. Try to trip with some that is experienced, it helps in rough time's, and they can help you through it.
2. If your unsure when dosing, try to ease into it.  Remember it's always easier to take more later, than it is to take away. 
3.  Try to be outside in nature, you can get such a wonderful experience being one out in nature.  The leaves swaying the bugs, and the forrest floor crawling.  Animals out, that's alot of fun to watch, especially when they're playing, hours of laughter.:lol::lol:
DON'TS  :thumbdown:
1. DON'T SHROOM AND DRIVE!!!!!!  Let's just face it that yellow, and white line will not be going straight, and neither will you. Besides, you won't really be able to enjoy it white knuckling it going down the road, wide eyed enjoying the colors projecting from the lights from oncoming traffic!!!!!
2.  Like you guys said, Don't be around any authority figures, enemies, large crowded parties with people you don't know (unless it's a rave, or party you feel safe at.)  Sometimes people can just give off bad vibes when your on the magical mushies. 

--------------------
Behold on the horizon a pale horse, and behind it hell followed.

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2749628 - 05/31/04 10:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well; I think everybody has to find out for themselves what they consider good/bad on a trip;

For me:
DO's :
- Listen to all kinds of music (classical/reggae sounds extraordinary)
- creativity: drawing - painting - dancing - writing - discussing...
- meditate (I once got so deep in a meditation, every breath felt like an orgasm; which was nice :tongue: )
- look at the sky; clouds, stars, the moon, the sun, rain, anything

Neutrals:
- I always end up cleaning my room; and while I do it, I often get like "why the hell did I buy this?" , "Why did I keep this?" , "What twisted mind would need all these lighters for?"

DON'T's !!
- Don't ever call the police !
- Don't go in public without sunglasses; people will suspect that you are heavily under the influence of drugs; and all sorts of people staring at you and talkin shit like "what a weird junkie is that?" is NOT pleasant.
- Don't fight bad influences; if you try to ignore it; your mind tends to really get freaky on yo' ass: just try not to think very much if you see blood everywhere, just go like: "Man, what kind of red is this? I wonder how it would taste!"
---> That way you'll end up licking the walls, instead of having to go through 3 hours of hell wondering if you actually killed 20 people :wink:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Offlinenickelpenny
journeyman
Re: Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin [Re: boeha]
    #2750114 - 05/31/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

DO
find a nice setting...its the key
make sure you have at least 4 to 6 hours of time to trip..you dont want to show up at sumthin important after a few hours after dosing.

DONT
trip with unfamiliar ppl

OfflineShroomy06
Shroomer
Loc: Georgia
    #2751565 - 05/31/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

One thing that i have found that helps is to make sure you do not anticipate the trip you're about to experience...Dont sit there waiting for it to kick in, just start doing something you like doing and in no time at all, your in heaven.
The idea is to be happy while transitioning from sober to tripping and things should go smoothly and always remember...

Become the mushroom and let it take you through its magical world..

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Do's and Don'ts of Shroomin [Re: Shroomy06]
    #2751616 - 05/31/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I find looking at a 2d screen kills the fun of the 3d trip. New places dont seem to fit for me, walking around my yard is plenty while trippin, then going back inside and thinking while watching weird stuff happen is great.

I agree with trippin alone though, Ive always done better alone, so much more can be discovered.

Also, Animals must be my favorite album while trippin, DSOTM can be bad, all those loud ticks and screams.

Edited by Redo (05/31/04 11:06 PM)

OfflineHardicus
MR
Male
Loc: Australia
    #2752159 - 06/01/04 03:44 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I have to agree with not sitting there waiting for the trip.

I see people do this all the time 'when's it gonna kick in' they say. I always make sure to put on a movie or play a game or chat or something to just keep your mind of it and then before you know it, the earth is breathing with you. :wink:

Edited by Hardicus (06/01/04 03:45 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract