Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekreg
Noob

Loc: Salutation
The chills brrrr
    #27470940 - 09/16/21 08:38 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

I really thought this was more common, why do psychedelics cause chills with some people? Is that vasodialation?
I understand that supposedly they also raise body tempurature. This effect is causing me discomfort when I peak because I lose track of words and coherence and I forget what cold even means and then it turns into anger and frustration. I dont want to spend my trips in the shower or confined to a blanket. Maybe I should just go trip in the desert like Morrison

--------------------
:shineon: Do what thou wilt x Love is the law, love under will. :shineon:

stop being an offtopic pube, the weed forum is that way!

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineOra
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: in your heart
Re: The chills brrrr [Re: kreg]
    #27470986 - 09/16/21 09:18 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

i think its the adrenaline/cortisol stress response from taking a poison. a bath feels really good when it happens, treat yo self.

OnlineCreonAntigone
Stranger
    #27471021 - 09/16/21 09:48 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Ora said:
i think its the adrenaline/cortisol stress response from taking a poison. a bath feels really good when it happens, treat yo self.

Yes I do not think it is actual effect on body temperature, I believe studies suggest the only major physical change from psychs is increased heart-rate.

I think the cold is just a symptom of the experience, your temperature regulation has been thrown off. Just like how you can mix up sound and sight, you can mix up physical feelings of cold with emotional feelings.

Quote:

kreg said:
Maybe I should just go trip in the desert like Morrison

When I was on mescaline air conditioning became freezing to me. I went out and walked to the park as soon as I was able. The heat no longer felt like heat, normally I'd be burning up but it felt good. Later in the experience I felt like I had no sense of pain at all. So if mescaline disabled other pain was i really feeling cold? I don't think so. The chills were just a symptom of the trip, a normal one.

Going to the desert is a great idea. Create the right setting.

Invisiblekreg
Noob

Re: The chills brrrr [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #27471152 - 09/17/21 12:57 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

I understand what you mean, although it is like you said during your mescaline experience. It really does trigger from real cold, like a light breeze or the ac or whatever im drinking, but if it happens during peak it turns into shivering chills culminating in a stupor of shaking cold while not knowing what cold even is. I was hoping someone could point out something like mentioned increased heart rate as the cause. I suppose it is not a big issue if I just try to avoid tripping in the cold or with the AC on.

--------------------

OfflineOra
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: in your heart
    #27471177 - 09/17/21 01:42 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

i think if anything it causes vasoconstriction. blood flows less easily when on psychedelics. at first the adrenaline/cortisol response raises temperature which is why some people get hot, but then it drops temperature because higher cortisol results in lower body temperature once the initial spike goes away. personally i get headaches afterwards which i hear is caused by vasoconstriction, so taking vasodilators can help it. so if blood flow is restricted it can probably cause the cold feeling.

capsicum (cayenne pepper or any spicy pepper), dry ginger (dry is more heating than fresh), and juice/sugar could probably help.

Invisiblekreg
Noob

Re: The chills brrrr [Re: Ora]
    #27471306 - 09/17/21 06:52 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

capsicum (cayenne pepper or any spicy pepper), dry ginger (dry is more heating than fresh), and juice/sugar could probably help.

Awesome Ill try that thank you

--------------------

InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
Re: The chills brrrr [Re: kreg] * 4
    #27471354 - 09/17/21 08:36 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

I think a lot of psychedelics affect the sympathetic nervous system, which can cause pupil dilation, vasoconstriction, sweat production (which may cool the skin slightly and suddenly), and goosebumps among other things. Classic psychedelics can mess around with the hypothalamus, subportions of which are involved in processing thermal feedback signals, and initiation of the shiver reflex and other efforts to maintain thermoregulation (and it may be reacting slightly differently when affected by a psychedelic).

This last point is supported by a recent study published in Nature (effects summarized in Figure 4), where 100um of LSD produced an average 0.75F increase in body temperature. Combine this effective fever-induction with sympathetic effects on sweat production and goosebumps, increase in heart rate, and well-documented effects on tactile/visual/auditory sensory perception...I would not be surprised that you'd feel extreme sensations of either heat or cold during the peak. :2cents:

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #27472298 - 09/18/21 12:07 AM (2 months, 17 days ago)

Possibly body temperature dysregulation, which is a known side effect of some drugs. LSD though often raises body temperature, so there is that.

I think the real reason is that warm comfy things feel especially nice on psychedelics. The opposite might also be true: colder less comfy things might feel worse. But vasodilation/etc. might play a role.

Invisiblewolfman42
Stranger

#27472726 - 09/18/21 10:20 AM (2 months, 17 days ago)

It is not a bad thing. It is a good thing! It means you are close to being pushed over that psychedelic cliff into the abyss.

One must give into it at this point. One would be robbing themselves of a life changing trip if they fight this transformation.

Your physical location is only important for ensuring comfort. If you are really tripping you will not be in your bed, you will not be in the desert. You will trillions of light years away in another galaxy 🌌

Sweating, feeling hot or feverish, and chills are very common side effects on the way up to peak. Completely normal.

Unless youre having a mild or weak trip where youll barely feel any body load.

My strongest trip had me sweating bucket loads. I felt hot at the same time I had the chills and couldnt get warm enough.

If the feeling gets worse and worse you will eventually become unconscious or go in and out of consciousness several times while peaking. This is where the magic really begins.

A Big trip will be uncomfortable. But that’s how we really learn. The Big trips teach the Big lessons.

Edited by wolfman42 (09/18/21 12:32 PM)

Invisiblekreg
Noob

Re: The chills brrrr [Re: wolfman42]
    #27472954 - 09/18/21 02:04 PM (2 months, 17 days ago)

@wolfman no no its actually very um trip killing

if i dont walk away from the breeze or quickly go to hotter area, the shivering becomes so intense that my teeth chatter and I cant hold anything, not something you want happening while already hallucinating really hard.
Thank you all for your input. My takeaway is still that I should just make effort to trip in warmer environments which is no problem.
:leocheers:

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: The chills brrrr [Re: kreg] * 1
    #27473000 - 09/18/21 03:08 PM (2 months, 17 days ago)

With mushrooms/tryptamines specifically, I often get cold during the come up/first phase of the trip. It doesn't occur every single time but more often than not it does. I also notice that the larger/more potent the dose I take the more likely I am to experience this during the come up/first phase of the trip (but it is also shorter in duration with larger doses, with smaller doses I remain in the "cold" phase of the trip for a longer period of time if not the entire time).

For the first hour or two it isn't uncommon for me to be shivering and shaking cold and curled up in a ball. It doesn't matter how warm the ambient temp is, I can be wrapped up in a bunch of blankets head to toe while sitting out in the sunshine and I will still be shaking/shivering cold. It is almost like an "internal" cold feeling.

This aspect fades away for me as I transition into the later phase of the trip around 90 to 120 minutes after dosing (for me, mushrooms have two very distinct and drastically different "phases" that I go through). After that I feel 100% fine, almost as if cold doesn't exist (my system is usually "lit up" with energy during the 2nd phase, I experience tons of energy and stamina and don't really feel or notice sensations like pain/cold).

I can feel cold at times while on LSD, but with LSD for me it is more of a difficulty regulating a constant comfortable body temp rather than just straight up feeling bone chilling cold...With LSD I will feel cold one moment and hot another and cycle through feeling hot & cold, or feeling both hot and cold at the same time. This only happens to me during the initial come up and doesn't happen every time.

Generally speaking though, while coming up on any serotonergic psychedelic I tend to feel a bit cold (and sometimes hot). This aspect doesn't persist through the entire experience though, for me it mostly only occurs during the come up/first phase of the trip.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: The chills brrrr [Re: kreg] * 1
    #27473115 - 09/18/21 05:11 PM (2 months, 17 days ago)

I usually get something similar but not the same thing. I get the "shivers" but its more of a nausea caused effect like when you take really nasty syrup medicine.

Not sure if they are related side effects but I suspect they are :strokebeard:

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

Invisiblekreg
Noob

Re: The chills brrrr [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #27473122 - 09/18/21 05:18 PM (2 months, 17 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
I usually get something similar but not the same thing. I get the "shivers" but its more of a nausea caused effect like when you take really nasty syrup medicine.

Not sure if they are related side effects but I suspect they are :strokebeard:

It does sort of feel like that at times.
I also suspect the culprit is something serotonergic. Given what little I also know about "zaps".
For me personally, this cold hallucination persists in all psychedelic trips throughought the trip BUT raising the ambient temps to reptillian levels remedies it very well, for me.

--------------------

Invisiblewolfman42
Stranger

#27474242 - 09/19/21 12:34 PM (2 months, 16 days ago)

Quote:

kreg said:
@wolfman no no its actually very um trip killing

if i dont walk away from the breeze or quickly go to hotter area, the shivering becomes so intense that my teeth chatter and I cant hold anything, not something you want happening while already hallucinating really hard.
Thank you all for your input. My takeaway is still that I should just make effort to trip in warmer environments which is no problem.
:leocheers:

Yes, when eaten certain characteristics about them become evident. They are very self aware, very meta.

They are also very averse to cold.

OfflineAsanteA
wake/dream möbius strip
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: The chills brrrr [Re: wolfman42] * 1
    #27474295 - 09/19/21 01:14 PM (2 months, 16 days ago)

More like vasoconstriction, the opposite. Vasodilation makes you warm.

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #3
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLION  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Bitcoin gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
3GhM8HveuW2pq1E2MGHsfwX2mKxdYDMasH

Invisiblekreg
Noob

Re: The chills brrrr [Re: Asante]
    #27474541 - 09/19/21 04:20 PM (2 months, 16 days ago)

Interesting I had thought the opposite because yohimbine products would always make me and my friends feel very cold, thought that was vasodilation.
Perhaps this effect is an combination of things together. Like the others mentioned in the thread.
Whatever it is, tripping in the heat and excess heat has always felt amazing to me, maybe that's not a healthy thing to do but it feels really nice to dose and go out and soak up some sun/ hang out in the garden/ beach
haven't tried desert yet  :jimmorrison:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The chills brrrr [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #27475289 - 09/20/21 09:48 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Jean-Luc Picard said:
I think a lot of psychedelics affect the sympathetic nervous system, which can cause pupil dilation, vasoconstriction, sweat production (which may cool the skin slightly and suddenly), and goosebumps among other things. Classic psychedelics can mess around with the hypothalamus, subportions of which are involved in processing thermal feedback signals, and initiation of the shiver reflex and other efforts to maintain thermoregulation (and it may be reacting slightly differently when affected by a psychedelic).

This last point is supported by a recent study published in Nature (effects summarized in Figure 4), where 100um of LSD produced an average 0.75F increase in body temperature. Combine this effective fever-induction with sympathetic effects on sweat production and goosebumps, increase in heart rate, and well-documented effects on tactile/visual/auditory sensory perception...I would not be surprised that you'd feel extreme sensations of either heat or cold during the peak. :2cents:

this is the best overview of what is happening, and any attempts to affect it by adding a different drug or moving to the desert is not going to help.

grab a sweater if you are cold, or put on a long sleeved shirt over your shirt.

and Kreg, get a handle on your anger in general, getting mad at little things, is nuts. Save your adrenaline for the really big challenges, like when you have to lift a car.

Invisiblekreg
Noob

Re: The chills brrrr [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27475686 - 09/20/21 03:15 PM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Quote:

get a handle on your anger in general, getting mad at little things, is nuts. Save your adrenaline for the really big challenges, like when you have to lift a car

mind you, this occurence of phantom anger and frustration is happening when I am blinded and illiterate by hallucinations.
Reminds me one of my recent trips I saw this poorly stylus drawn dancing figure, like a hand, dancing around, often taking 🖕shape
and im seeing it, laughing, opening my eyes to the popcorn on my popcorn ceiling moving around,
and I think
this is stupid
the dancing cartoon hand replies
"its your brain, idiot"
and then we both just laughed :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale