Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 2540 | 2541 | 2542 | 2543 | 2544 | 2545 | 2546 | 2547 | 2548 | 2549 | 2550 | 2551 | 2552 | 2553 | 2554 | 2555 | 2556 | 2557 | 2558 | 2559 | 2560 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleBaba Yaga
Psychedelic Minion

Loc: Try 'n' Error Boot Camp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Paracosm] * 1
    #27469950 - 09/15/21 09:56 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Paracosm said:
Quote:

AtmozFear said:
Does LC need GE holes?

I didn't even crack my unmodified lids and mine seem fine. So, no, I don't think so.

Same here, I use media bottles and only fill them half way, screw shut tight and they fully colonize.
Shake the hell out of them before use. No filter, no cry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebagga
Day Tripper

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Paracosm] * 1
    #27469973 - 09/15/21 10:21 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Depending on which wbs you get there's a lot of variation in what works. Cracked corn is the devil.

I would err towards "a little under done (visible white starch in the millet), but wet" and it will finish off in the PC.

If it's well done when it goes into the pc (grains hydrated, splitting), softer grain and corn can turn into glue.

I set up screen dryers and fans trying to get consistency right. Drove me nuts, so much work.

Then someone put me into lazy man half cook and PC.

Rinse it to get rid of extra starch. I don't care about sticks and rocks. 10-12 minutes at boil then strain until not dripping, then into jars and PC. This was fastest and most consistent for the cheap wbs I was using. Grain will look a little wet in the jars (not pooling), but as long as it's under done it will be fine. If it's over done, you'll need to dry it.

I'm too impatient for the 24hr soak but that's probably great too. Lot of people boil too long and then have to dry it out. Pointless labor.

I recently switched to milo. Still do 12min boil, strain, PC. Also tried a batch with 20min boil but it was too much, grains burst during PC. Still usable, but not ideal.

Hope that helps, I spent more than a few weekends bitching about wbs.

--------------------

OfflineAtmozFear
just a shade of myself
Male

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: bagga]
    #27470020 - 09/15/21 10:37 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I found a brand without cracked corn and itā€™s the only brand Iā€™ve used that the seeds donā€™t germinate during the soak

and also it doesnā€™t stink either, 40lb bag

--------------------

Edited by AtmozFear (09/15/21 10:38 PM)

InvisibleLenz
Misunderestimated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Fungistan
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: AtmozFear]
    #27470046 - 09/15/21 10:43 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

How much do you pay for milo? Might ask for that at the feed store if millet is too expensive.

--------------------
:chems:

OfflineNichrome
Pariah

Loc: Zone 5
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Lenz] * 1
    #27470048 - 09/15/21 10:46 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I prefer milo to millet if working those types of grain.

--------------------
Where have all the people gone my honey
Where have all the people gone today
There's no need for you to be worrying about all those people
You never see those people anyway

OfflineOra
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: in your heart
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Nichrome]
    #27470050 - 09/15/21 10:53 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

i think there was some ride along in my maz plates because so far all 4 shoeboxes of my maz culture get these yellow boogers on the surface that sometimes they get metabolites and they pin crazy on the sides and dont seem to like it on the surface. i got like 4 more jars ready to spawn of this culture and was thinking of using these plastic cups since its tall with a smaller surface. then once i get those side pins again id pop the thing out and put it into a mono and fruit it like a cake or something. think that would work?

Offlinebagga
Day Tripper

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Lenz]
    #27470051 - 09/15/21 10:55 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I think it was $22 for 50lb (inc tax) at my nearest stock feed place.

Milo and millet were about the same price. They were out of millet last time I visited so I got milo.

--------------------

OfflineNichrome
Pariah

Loc: Zone 5
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: bagga]
    #27470054 - 09/15/21 11:03 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

My local seed supply store has organic rye, oats, barley, wheat, and triticale for 25 a bag. The wheat is 22.

They sell organic feed oats for 4 per 50 lb bag. It works as good as the PP stuff from tsc but no glyphosate and super cheap. I'm not big on oats though. I like the barley the best I think.

--------------------
Where have all the people gone my honey
Where have all the people gone today
There's no need for you to be worrying about all those people
You never see those people anyway

OnlineMelgo
Semperviva Fanatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Nichrome]
    #27470136 - 09/16/21 03:37 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Hello Shroomers,

I am looking for kind and experienced souls, to help me debug/understand this situation:

So far, I have been growing in-vitro sclerotia only.

This is my 2nd time growing Cubensis. The first time it was B+, all fruits were of dwarf size, and then the shoebox got contaminated by trich before the 2nd flush.

This time, I am growing "P. Cubensis Mexican". Here is the shoebox at 14 days after spawning:

The procedure was: MS syringe > Agar > Agar on Rye > Spawned at full colonization.
Spawn/Sub ratio was 1:1. Substrate: CVG (pasteurized).
Incubation temp: 21Ā°C to 30Ā°C. 70Ā°F to 86Ā°F.
The shoebox is in my "incubator": and old chest freezer with a temperature controlled heater and two holes drilled in it (for air flow) - since it is the only way for me to have constant temp above 21Ā°C/70Ā°F where I live.

I barely misted the shoebox since it was put into fruiting conditions at day 10, because I could see droplets of water all over the mycelium all along.

For FAE, the lid of the shoebox is turn upside down on it, with a slight gap. I am also fanning the shoebox at least 4 times/day.

The veils on some fruits is starting to break and I have just harvested the following two:

Looking at the shoebox, it feels to me that most fruit are now aborting. What make me say so, it that the color of the new pins is turning darker, and now most caps are kinda shriveling instead growing rounder:

What do you guys think? Are these fruits aborting? Could you give me pointers on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for reading this far!

InvisibleGuerrilla
Bumbaclart

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Melgo]
    #27470181 - 09/16/21 05:13 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

You said you barely misted, you have a heavy pinset. Heavy pinsets need more misting or you will get aborts.

--------------------
Being pissed on does not make you a real man.

Offlinegone-pear-shaped
Stranger than fiction

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Guerrilla]
    #27470203 - 09/16/21 05:58 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I thought you weren't supposed to mist pins because they'd abort? Maybe it's okay in low humidity areas. I have a hard enough time keeping fruit dry due to moisture from the substrate condensing. They get bacterial blotch when they're wet.

If it needs water, you can always water from the sides or bottom, depending on the liner.

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: gone-pear-shaped]
    #27470216 - 09/16/21 06:26 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

usually a heavy pinset of aborts is because it's too wet.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

OfflineCrackatoa
Stranger in a strange land

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #27470221 - 09/16/21 06:32 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Could be genetics or several factors. How thick is your substrate? Over field capacity substrate will cause this as well.

--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Crackatoa]
    #27470238 - 09/16/21 07:01 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

too wet = over field capacity is what I meant. That's the only time I ever experience this.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

InvisibleGuerrilla
Bumbaclart

#27470239 - 09/16/21 07:02 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

What do you guys think about a bacticinerator / IR steriliser from China/eBay? They look the same, possibly a lower voltage?

Also the over field capacity would make sense if he barely misted and still had good amount of water on the surface even with a heavy pinset.

Edited by Guerrilla (09/16/21 07:03 AM)

OnlineMelgo
Semperviva Fanatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #27470250 - 09/16/21 07:10 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Guerrilla said:
You said you barely misted, you have a heavy pinset. Heavy pinsets need more misting or you will get aborts.

Thanks for your input! Yes, I barely misted because I could (and can still) see thousands of droplets of water on the mycelium, and no dry patches in the shoebox.

Quote:

gone-pear-shaped said:
I thought you weren't supposed to mist pins because they'd abort? Maybe it's okay in low humidity areas. I have a hard enough time keeping fruit dry due to moisture from the substrate condensing. They get bacterial blotch when they're wet.

If it needs water, you can always water from the sides or bottom, depending on the liner.

Same here. With my B+ last time, trich showed up where I had water pooling because of over misting. So this time I tried the other way.

Quote:

sandman420 said:
usually a heavy pinset of aborts is because it's too wet.

Ah! Thanks for your input.

Quote:

Crackatoa said:
Could be genetics or several factors. How thick is your substrate? Over field capacity substrate will cause this as well.

My substrate is 5 cm to 5,5 cm thick (2 inches to 2.16 inches).
When adding substrate to the spawn, I made sure I squeezed each handful of substrate as hard as I could, until there were only 1 or 2 droplets of water leaking from my hand. Could it still be too wet?

I had read somewhere else that small fruits could also be the result of over field capacity substrate - and so far the fruits I harvested have quite a meaty stem, but are real short as you can see on the photo with the "lighter for size".

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤

Loc: Oregon
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Guerrilla]
    #27470252 - 09/16/21 07:11 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Just got my first desiccant packs! Stoked. And they're rechargeable, didn't know that was a thing ha. Should make chocolates and capsules a little bit better in the long run.. idk. Stoked!

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Melgo]
    #27470255 - 09/16/21 07:12 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm if only a few drops came out when squeezed firmly then it wasn't over field capacity.

--------------------

Offlinegone-pear-shaped
Stranger than fiction

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: sandman420]
    #27470278 - 09/16/21 07:42 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Guerrilla said:
What do you guys think about a bacticinerator / IR steriliser from China/eBay? They look the same, possibly a lower voltage?

Also the over field capacity would make sense if he barely misted and still had good amount of water on the surface even with a heavy pinset.

I get a good amount of water on the surface even when I try to make a dry substrate. It depends on the amount of humidity.

About the IR sterilizer, I can't tell you about reliability, but the time it takes to heat your scalpel only depends on the power of the unit (watts).

Quote:

Melgo said:
I had read somewhere else that small fruits could also be the result of over field capacity substrate - and so far the fruits I harvested have quite a meaty stem, but are real short as you can see on the photo with the "lighter for size".

I think I've experienced that as well. If that's the problem, the fruits will be bigger in subsequent flushes.

InvisibleGuerrilla
Bumbaclart

#27470279 - 09/16/21 07:43 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gone-pear-shaped said:
Quote:

Guerrilla said:

I get a good amount of water on the surface even when I try to make a dry substrate. It depends on the amount of humidity.

About the IR sterilizer, I can't tell you about reliability, but the time it takes to heat your scalpel only depends on the power of the unit (watts).

Quote:

Melgo said:

I think I've experienced that as well. If that's the problem, the fruits will be bigger in subsequent flushes.

Gotcha bro. Thanks for clearing that up.

That makes sense, Iā€™ll go for it and see, cheers. Think Iā€™m protected on eBay regardless so if itā€™s a crap show Iā€™ll send it back.

--------------------
Being pissed on does not make you a real man.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 2540 | 2541 | 2542 | 2543 | 2544 | 2545 | 2546 | 2547 | 2548 | 2549 | 2550 | 2551 | 2552 | 2553 | 2554 | 2555 | 2556 | 2557 | 2558 | 2559 | 2560 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale