Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelongbow72
Stranger
 User Gallery

Critical temp for psybicilin?
    #27468624 - 09/14/21 10:19 PM (11 days, 5 hours ago)

Ok so i have become a lover of mushroom tea.  Does boiling water at 212F breakdown the molecule at all??  Does anyone know the critical temp for psybicilin breakdown?  I am wondering bc my teas with the same amount of shrooms, feel like they are getting weaker.  I am either getting tolerant, or something else is going on with the temp of the water.

Any input would be very helpful

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleCHUCK.HNTR
feral urbanite
Male

Loc: SF, CA, USA
Re: Critical temp for psybicilin? [Re: longbow72] * 1
    #27468700 - 09/14/21 11:37 PM (11 days, 3 hours ago)

--------------------
"What is the practical application of a million universes?" -Alan Watts
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

InvisibleGreat1
Squirrel next door
I'm a teapot

Loc: Antarctica
Re: Critical temp for psybicilin? [Re: CHUCK.HNTR]
    #27469312 - 09/15/21 02:24 PM (10 days, 13 hours ago)

Heats probably not and issue as described in link above.  Potency, tolerance both mental and physical are more likely at play. People claim no issues with 3 days in between others require 2 weeks, all depends on the individual.  Chasing experiences from the past does no good, instead make new and different ones as we’re always evolving and never in quite the same headspace as we were previously. 

If you haven’t already check out adding harmala (harmine, harmaline, tetrahydroharmine(THH), full spectrum) or other MAOI’s, total game changer.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23137020/fpart/1/vc/1

OfflineProfessor X
School for the Gifted
 User Gallery

Re: Critical temp for psybicilin? [Re: Great1]
    #27469425 - 09/15/21 04:04 PM (10 days, 11 hours ago)

Psilocybin boiling point is over 500C or 900F, Psilocin is closer to 450F. I have no experience with "psybicilin" so if that is the actual name of the compound you are working with I would imagine the boiling point somewhere between 0 degrees Kelvin and 2,500 degrees Celsius.

Jokes aside, how often do you dose? If more than once a week than yes you build a tolerance extremely quickly. Like day after takes 10x the dose for repeat effects.

--------------------

My no pour Petri TEK - https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27252059/page/1

OfflinePrimalSoup
nothing but flowers
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Critical temp for psybicilin? [Re: longbow72]
    #27469428 - 09/15/21 04:08 PM (10 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

longbow72 said:
Ok so i have become a lover of mushroom tea.  Does boiling water at 212F breakdown the molecule at all??  Does anyone know the critical temp for psybicilin breakdown?  I am wondering bc my teas with the same amount of shrooms, feel like they are getting weaker.  I am either getting tolerant, or something else is going on with the temp of the water.

Thanks

Fuck no.  Oldest urban legend around, unfortunately.

See this tea tek for the numbers.

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineMentalPariah
Pariah of my mind

Re: Critical temp for psybicilin? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #27469579 - 09/15/21 06:27 PM (10 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

longbow72 said:

Thanks

Fuck no.  Oldest urban legend around, unfortunately.

See this tea tek for the numbers.

I don't think it's so much an urban legend but more at this point it's just cognitive dissonance.

I've never personally experienced potency loss even after boiling tea down to a spoonful of gross sludge. Hell I've lost track before and boiled a pot dry, added water, boiled for a few more min and it seemed every bit as potent as previous doses :shrug:

--------------------
Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change your character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it.
-Alaxander Shulgin

OfflinePrimalSoup
nothing but flowers
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Critical temp for psybicilin? [Re: MentalPariah]
    #27470615 - 09/16/21 02:47 PM (9 days, 12 hours ago)

Well it's been around forever, misinformation that says "boiling degrades psilocybin" when all anybody has to do is try it and see.  And it always comes from somebody who never tried it, FOAF who just passed it on because it seems plausible.

Quote:

I've never personally experienced potency loss even after boiling tea down to a spoonful of gross sludge.

I've done that same sort of thing before I started using almost no water with fresh fruits.  I boiled one pot dry though and it burned, which was the most god awful smell I never want to smell again.  I think that one was toast. :laugh2:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineMentalPariah
Pariah of my mind

Re: Critical temp for psybicilin? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #27470769 - 09/16/21 05:23 PM (9 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Well it's been around forever, misinformation that says "boiling degrades psilocybin" when all anybody has to do is try it and see.  And it always comes from somebody who never tried it, FOAF who just passed it on because it seems plausible.

Quote:

I've never personally experienced potency loss even after boiling tea down to a spoonful of gross sludge.

I've done that same sort of thing before I started using almost no water with fresh fruits.  I boiled one pot dry though and it burned, which was the most god awful smell I never want to smell again.  I think that one was toast. :laugh2:

Oh I have absolutely toasted it once or twice... Didn't recover that one just scraped the pot and tried again. Yeah that smell of burnt ass mushrooms is hard to get rid of :laugh2:

--------------------
Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change your character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it.
-Alaxander Shulgin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies