Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblematts
matts

making autoclave bags
    #2745901 - 05/30/04 05:54 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: making autoclave bags [Re: matts]
    #2745940 - 05/30/04 06:38 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think the bags are polypropylene.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineNexxiss
Mushroom Mage

Loc: Mich,USA
    #2745994 - 05/30/04 07:20 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

use a cut off top of a 2 ltr pop bottle, drill hole<big> thru top feed open part of bag thru the cap threads side down. fold bag over out side of cap, clear the hole in the middle for air ,i push most air out, fill middle with poly profil or foamrubber and pc, inject thru alchol swabed side of bag or thru filter top you made , depends on needle leanth i guess.

Nex

do a search if you need better instructions :smile:

--------------------
Nexxiss Reign
"as I looked into the Sun and realized the race is not to the swift nor Knowlege to the wise ..nee the yet strenth to the strong...nor Riches to the poor.But time and Chance hapenth to us all!

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: making autoclave bags [Re: Nexxiss]
    #2746005 - 05/30/04 07:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineNexxiss
Mushroom Mage

Loc: Mich,USA
    #2746067 - 05/30/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

opps sorry man got all excited about posting on the advanced forum LOL and misunderstood ,

BTW not my Tek just following others on this enlightened path.

Nex

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
    #2746683 - 05/30/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Pinholes wouldn't just form in the bag from expanding -- don't worry.  Unless, of course, the bag comes in contact with some pointy object....  :grin:

It's under pressure, too, so *small* pinholes are probably unlikely (but who knows?)

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #2749361 - 05/31/04 08:16 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

matts said:
when making autoclave bags, i am using wooden clothes pins to hold the bag together while in the pc. I have a metal guard on the bottom to prevent it from touching the burner, and the top to a pot on top of the bag to prevent the bag from plugging the vent hole. When I open the PC, the bag is very inflated. I'm not sure what plastic the bags are made out of, its' clear plastic (not the hazey kind) and I think they came from sporeworks or mycobag. I've been told the bags can sometimes get pinholes in the plastic from it expanding.... is that true? If so, how can I prevent it?

Thanks

clear autoclave bags are generaly made from HDPP, high density polypropylene, I have always folded them just below the patch and used a clothes pin to secure them while sterilizing, it allows the patch to remain dry and prevents expansion of the bags by allowing them to vent properly during the cycle

after you remove the bags from your autoclave you can safely seal them, they may still inflate a little while they are hot but it will not be enough to cause any problems

I had experimented a couple of years ago with several methods of pre-sealing the bags and found that its very rare that they dont stretch and weaken, the filter patch is porus enough to allow gas exchange through incubation but not enough to push gas through...

I fold mine similar to this, but about halfway above the substrate is where the clothes pin should go... a couple of folds will still allow the expanded air to escape and allow less chance for contamination.

*image swiped from Mycobag*

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: making autoclave bags [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2749368 - 05/31/04 08:24 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2751641 - 05/31/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

How many large mycobags can i put into a 17quart pc that fits 7 quart jars? I have 100 large mycobags coming in the mail and i already have my impulse sealer (cool and usefull toy) and havent even looked into how its done yet :P

Can I take those bags with the clips on and take the out of the pc and have them cool on my desk? Or do i need to unload it in my glovebag? Only thing is the air in the pc isnt sterile so id need to steralize twice, i guess i should make a flowhood since there so much easier to work with and keep sterile.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: making autoclave bags [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2757234 - 06/02/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Probably can't fit but 2 bags in there, depending on how full you fill them you could get a maximum of 4. Think about it, 17 qts is 4 gallons and 1 qt. If your bags have a gallon in them, if you could cram 4 bags in, there would be room for 1 qt of water and the pc would be absolutely packed. I've never used a 17 qt pc, so I can't say for sure, but I can say that packing 4 gallon spawn bags into a 20 qt. presto was tight, but can be done.
Quote:

Can I take those bags with the clips on and take the out of the pc and have them cool on my desk?

some people do, I wouldn't. If your desk is clean as hell, then maybe. Personally, my house is/was always filthy.
Quote:

Or do i need to unload it in my glovebag?

much better idea. maybe even put the whole pc in without opening it, let them cool in the pc and glove bag before opening the pc to seal the cooled bags.
Quote:

i guess i should make a flowhood since there so much easier to work with and keep sterile.

absolutely worth it and the best way to work with bags. Not only is the flow hood great for keeping contam rates low, but it is perfect for blowing the bags up like balloons just before sealing. This plenum of sterile air helps the bags grow faster and makes shaking/mixing a lot easier than in less inflated bags.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: making autoclave bags [Re: mycofile]
    #2757357 - 06/02/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks mycofile! I guess ill look into finding a hepa filter, i already have a few dayton fans and pleanlty of spare wood.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom