Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Safe Space?
    #27457836 - 09/06/21 03:10 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I struggle to stay motivated for working out. I go on ups and downs. I get excited for a while and talk up the gym to friends and coworkers. Purely to stay motivated.

A guy the other day who was a personal trainer (for like 6 months) was overhearing me hyping my coworker friend. And he disagreed with some of the advice I was giving this friend. And basically got frustrated and said if he has to keep hearing me he was going to get another chomosome.

Basically he was mad that I was saying low weight high reps builds muscles. I dont know. Whatever his argument was was very slight and didnt require that kind of response.

Anyway today at the gym I couldnt get it out of my head. I kept thinking "If I could only show him my inner thoughts and how he is negatively impacting me maybe he would have been nicer."

It made me exercise way less hard and has filled me with anxiety / depression.

I also keep thinking "Its sad. If we all just tried to make everyone around us be happier. Life could be so m uch better." But its an impossible dream. And just because I do it.... doesnt mean people are going to do it back to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: Safe Space? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #27457838 - 09/06/21 03:22 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I would not care too much about what a random personal trainer says to me. But I get that it is annoying. Maybe he tried to get your friend to hire him? Anyway, it doesn't sound like professional behavior to me.

I used to go to the gym for about half a decade. I never liked it. Because of the people that are typically hanging out there.
I prefer getting my exercise in nature now. Surfing, swimming, hiking, running... It's so much better than running on a treadmill and staring at a screen.
Maybe look into nature as a safe space.

Anonymous #3

Re: Safe Space? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #27458159 - 09/06/21 11:26 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I felt like it was a weird meat market, in there, and would quietly try to follow all the rules, all by myself. People constantly wanted to fight me, or rung the lunk alarm, or were doing lurid gestures, while surrounded 360 degrees by wall mirrors.

If you don't do voyeurism and exhibitionism, def look for private means of developing your physique. Exercise is really only a very small part of why most of those people went to a gym. It's been known, since ancient times, when sports were in the nude.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order