Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Unusual suspect

Trip Report: First time = overwhelming
    #2745582 - 05/30/04 02:46 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I decided to trip for the first time on March 15th, the Saturday before my finals (I'm a student at UMASS Amherst). I was going to trip with a friend who was new at it also. We purchased two chocolates that I was was told contained 1.8 grams of mushrooms a piece. I figured that would be enough, since I weigh only 125 pounds and the drugs that I've tried (alcohol, weed, and opium) have been effective at relatively low doses. I was right.

We both pop the chocolates at about 6 PM and go for a walk in the nearby woods. Returning to the dorm at about 6:35, I was definately starting to feel the effects. Heading back to my friend's room I noticed the wear in the hall rug like I never had before. A long black canal seemed to travel down the hall where countless vacuumings had worn down the fibers.

In my friends room the trip started in earnest. I could start to see "the pattern." I had read up extensively on this site and others beforehand so I tried to "let go" and move with the flow, but I hadn't quite counted on the effects the nausea would have. Whenever I am sick, I prefer to take the dignified route and suffer alone. Therefore, the fact that I was then tripping, feeling quite ill, and in the presence of other people made me very uncomfortable. I got up and returned to my room down the hall, staggering like a drunk.

In contrast to my friend's room, mine was very blank. My roommate - who was gone that weekend thankfully - is a U.S. Marine who kept his side of the room looking like a barrack. I had never been much into decorating myself, so the room was mostly bare off-white concrete. I was uncomfortable and begining to feel very down. I tried many different positions but did not feel any better, and for some reason eventually ended up curled up on the bare tile floor.

At that point my trip partner comes in and starts talking about how he's getting bad vibes from my room and such. He convinces me to come back to his room and lay on the big couch he had. As I am laying there, I am tripping BALLS. The mosiac pattern is shifting and becoming very pronounced on the ceiling, which I knew in the back of my mind was really blank white. I could close my eyes and perfectly "see" the outlines of my arm as I waved it in front of me. Yet I was still feeling sick and because of that I was restless.

I must have gotten up to leave at some point, but I don't remember the trip (no pun intended). I do remember entering the bathroom with my trip buddy, and I remember the toilet. Ah yes, the toilet. I imagine it must have been some basic instinct that called me to the porcelain bowl. In the past, whenever I had drank too much at a party and felt like shit, I went to the toilet and hugged it for solace. Whenever I was sick at home and in doubt of my stomach's abilities to hold stuff down, I went to the toilet. In the same way, the shroom brought me to that sanctuary, kneeling before the thing that had brought me comfort and relief in the past.

In my eyes the toilet had become the most pure thing on earth. The porcelain was flawless like ivory and the water pure like a spring. I remember flushing the toilet multiple times, each time feeling the cool spray against my face and seeing the water churn in countless patterns. At one point I saw my entire family in the still water looking up at me, and I cried as my emotions overwhelmed me and I realized how much I belonged and was loved. I was told later that I had actually reached into the toilet as far as I could, and I distinctly remember trying to seek "the source." It kinda makes sense when I think about it now.

My first post-trip memory is checking the time on the alarm clock in my room: 10:44 PM. I felt strong after-effects for a few hours after that. My trip buddy and another friend from came into my room and we talked. Our conversations were heightened, and even my clean-cut friend who had only drank seemed as if he was under the effects of shrooms like my trip buddy. I watched TV after they left and managed to get to sleep around 3 AM.

Alright, now I just want to ask the question: how extreme was my trip exactly? Except for my toilet experiences I pretty much blacked out after 7 PM or so, yet my sober mind still kept funtioning. For example, I knew that the ceiling I saw the patterns on was really blank white, and the entire time I was exploring the toilet I kept telling myself not to stick my head in since I didn't want to drown myself. 

Right after the trip I was detirmined to never do mushrooms again, but now I think there's a good possibility I will. Next time I'll probably make shroom tea to avoid the nausea.

Thanks for the audience!  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Trip Report: First time = overwhelming [Re: SlackerKM]
    #2745821 - 05/30/04 05:36 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome story,
I havent done it yet, but I will be this coming weekend. I just hope my trip is as good as yours
peace out kojo

Male User Gallery
    #2745894 - 05/30/04 07:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

the Saturday before your finals eh; How did the lingering effects influence your abilities on the tests if any.

Re: Trip Report: First time = overwhelming [Re: Kojo]
    #2745897 - 05/30/04 07:44 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think the uncomfortablness is mostly due to the nausea... The last trip i had was very similar to yours man. And, like you, whenever I'm feeling in a bad way from some chemical substance or another, i tend to suffer in silence and just think to myself "ride it out". But i don't think that it is the nausea that is so bad, but rather the fact that your brain is so open and suggestable when tripping, that the lack of comfort and churning stomach can completely consume your thought processes.

During the last trip i had, i spent the majority of it away from my trip buddies curled up in my bed. The uncomfortablness was so intense, that it became a mental thing, like i was convincing myself that i wouldn't be ok unless i was alone and lying down... Not the most mind-expanding experience.
However, some parts of the trip were amazing, so I don't want to completely give it a bad name. During my next trip (within a couple of days-awesome) I will be tripping on dry caps. I have never done this before- will this reduce the nausea does anyone know?

As for other ways to reduce the uncomfortablnesss, i think that you must make sure you are not going to feel like you are fighting against anything. You must let the mushrooms carry you away, and not worry when your physical sensations start to become overwhelming. Like everyone always says, just try and flow with it.

Many thanks

There must seem some kind of way out of here.
Said the Joker to the Thief.
There's too much confusion.
I can't get no relief...

User Gallery

#2745925 - 05/30/04 08:26 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

what isit with people and going to the toilet when theyre tripping!!!???

LOOOOOL! your story made me laugh man i cant wait to trip 2night!

Loc: Dark side of the shroom
Re: Trip Report: First time = overwhelming [Re: Chronic7]
    #2748679 - 05/31/04 02:41 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Try to be in a comfortable place, put on some good melodic, ambient music, try to turn the lights down and relax. Try to set the mood. The magic mushies are our friends. We just need to take it one step at a time.

Behold on the horizon a pale horse, and behind it hell followed.

Unusual suspect

Re: Trip Report: First time = overwhelming [Re: SporeX]
    #2749698 - 05/31/04 01:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yup, I have nothing against mushies but I'll probably just try a smaller dose next time. The finals went fine. The only effects I felt were the next day (Sunday) when I felt depressed for no particular reason. Once I started doing stuff and occupying my mind I felt normal again.

Edited by SlackerKM (05/31/04 01:53 PM)

#2749776 - 05/31/04 02:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yes you will want to dose less so the trip, mind and body load will be less intense and youll be better able to enjoy the visuals and just chill out

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Trip Report: First time = overwhelming [Re: shrooms777]
    #2749826 - 05/31/04 03:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Most good trips come from experience. KEep on tripping, once you get it, you know exactley what you have to do to have a good trip.

One day you will see the light, and you will understand what the musrhoom is all about.

Its not about getting fucked up. Its about something much greater in purpose then that. One day you will understand what i am saying, i will not sound crazy, because it will all make sense.

Edited by psikooz (05/31/04 03:18 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience