Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Mjshroomer & Mycoguy's Great Saturday Shroom Adventure: 2
    #2745325 - 05/30/04 12:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well after we found the stuntzii shrooms we decided to take a road trip down south to Tumwater adn visit the riding stable in search of Panaeolus subbalteatus.

The large compost heaps which @cro and i saw last month were composting but too soon for shrooms. They probably won't produce any subbs until the late fall and/or early spring nesxt year. The hay needs to rot a little.

While there, Mycoguy's girlfriend has magic eyes. She was imagining puffballs and we found a few and I even smashed one with my foot to see the puff. propblem was is that they were not puffballs but rotted crabb apples. Hehehe.

So we found no puffbalss.

Earlier we trekked over much of the property and saw some cool horses in training runing circles in the corrals.

One girl who was working at the stable was cool. she showed us some rotted Copprinus shrooms and she had a cool job. She was a shit hauler. Driving a min tractor with a wagon on it she was hauling shavings to dump in the compost and manure heaps.

We talked to her a while and told her about the job of shit haling. She laughed and said that was what she did there.

Anyway, we got there through a minor rain flurry along I-5 for about twnety minutes of rain.

And We did not see any shrooms at all for a while. It was Mycoguy's cool girlfriend who found the first shrooms and actually the majority of the mushrooms in this pictorial were found by her digging in the two foot tall grass.

The first image, found by Mycoguy's girlfriend are of baby specimens of Panaeolus papilionaceus. Here they are in Mycoguy's hand/ You can see the incurved margin of the cap breaking away from the stem and also some of the geared teethlike fringes at the edge of the cap where it breaks away from the stem.

In this next image, also found by Mycoguy's girlfriend, are some of the largest caps ever seen on Panaeolus papilionaceus.

In the image below of the same large specimens, we have place a pair of full sized scissors for comparison. We had nothing else to use. Spent ten minutes or so cutting the two-foot tall grass away from these shrooms so we could photograph them

More below of the average sized specimens of Panaeolus papilionaceus

Here I placed a cap overturned to show the gills of the Panaeous papilionaceus.

Oh yeah, and earlier we found those fresh Coprinus with bright yellow caps. I should have photographed one but did not. But I found these older ones near those giant Panaeolus papilionaceus specimens posted above.

Here are those Coprinus shrooms. And you can still see a little of the yellow color of the shroom cap in the center portion of the cap.

Now as we were treking around the various stables at the place we were at we espied this young foal being walked by several girls.

Here is the baby and he was cute. Petted him and he liked it. The girls were bonding with the foal.

And finally after getting lost in Kent/Auburn on our way home, we stopped in Tukwilla to visit a P. baeocystis lawn where I once took Dr. Andrew Weil to show him how the Baeos grew in abundance on a single lawn.

Well we did not find any baeos, but again, Mycoguy's girlfriend found some small Stropharia semigloblata shrooms.

Well there apparently was a dog show going on somewhere near where we were parked and in front of our car were these three dogs trapped in a vehicle and calling to us in doggie language,"Let me puppies go."

Sounded like Moses.

and here they are. In fact, you can see my reflection in the window behind the doggies taking this photograph

Earlier, at the blue ringer lawn, Mycoguy's girlfriend also found both Panaeolina foenisecii mushrooms and the Strophria semiglobata.

Have a shroomy weekend. I have.

mj

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKojo
Stranger

Re: Mjshroomer & Mycoguy's Great Saturday Shroom Adventure: 2 [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2745814 - 05/30/04 05:19 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome Find Mj!

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2746037 - 05/30/04 09:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The 2nd and 3rd pics show how easy the papilionaceus could be mistaken for pan copelndia's

and Mycoguy's g/f...Is she a mushroomgirl in the making?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Mjshroomer & Mycoguy's Great Saturday Shroom Adventure: 2 [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2746328 - 05/30/04 12:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

YEs except for the teethlike edges on the edge of the caps and the grayish-redish c brown stem.

There are many differences.

Cope stems blue, these do not and the stem colors are completely the oppsite of each other.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2749192 - 05/31/04 07:42 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry but I must bump this. It kinda got buried off of the first page.

This isthe other half of our shroom adventuyre on Saturday with the p. stuntzii patch.

mj

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
    #2751766 - 06/01/04 01:54 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, yes, my girlfriend has "mushroom radar". :eek:

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification