Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery Polls

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
The VerbalHerman Munster

Loc: Texas
Whats your favorite dose
    #2745035 - 05/29/04 09:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

this is for dry weight. Make the nessisary conversions for wet, or if your using some unnatural form of mesurement
whats your fav dose for shrooms?
You may choose only one
1 gram or less
more than five

Votes accepted from (05/29/04 02:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Re: Whats your favorite dose [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2745039 - 05/29/04 09:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I usually eat an eighth or a little more.

If I want to inspect my life, I go for ~10 grams.

Fold for The Shroomery!

light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #2762439 - 06/04/04 08:21 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I chose 1 gram or less on assumption you're talking good mushrooms. :grin:

Of really high grade cubensis I take a half-cap to 2 capsules (0.25-1gr) with 1 (0.5gr) being my favorite dose.
These would be grain-grown and directly comparable to good liberty caps weight for weight.
Mushroom Capsules FAQ: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/24167

Of regular (straw etc. grown) cubies I'd need about double that to get the same mileage: 0.5-2 grams with 1 gr being spot-on most of the time.

I explicitly say *really high grade* because must consumers have never had em that strong and if they do one day they'll think they've joined the land of the basketweavers as this 1/8 turns out to be juuust like 1/4 :eek: with them reciting the Thousand Names of the Lord, copulation references, and words for excrement in creative combinations for hours on end :evil:

Been there, done that, never again. Not only was it very taxing to integrate the hydrogen bomb into my everyday life :grin: but I found the Super to be simply too overwhelming to take back the things from the trip I want to. When your body is tossed about through a minefield for 6 hours you don't "learn anything" because there's no "you" to do the learning: its more experiencing then introspection.

To fix my preference into numbers: I aim for the second or third order of magnitude at most with the second being my favorite. For most people this will be:

FIRST ORDER.....light effects/treshold which is great for excited conversation and forestwalks which enhances moods and perception like low-dose XTC but little else. (2-4mg psilocybin/10-20mcg LSD )

SECOND ORDER....strong influence w. visual patterning commencing, psychotherapeutic range, the meditative range that generally lets you gracefully deal with your cool tripping uncle confiding he once bust a particularly big hemorrhoid, freaked and drove to the ER with a tampon op his bum :blush: (4-8mg Psilocybin/20-40mcg LSD)

THIRD ORDER.....onset of bouts of the realm overwhelming emotions, higher psychotherapeutic range this is the standard dose range in the Dutch "smartshops" that sell mushrooms and know their stuff, average strength of LSD in 1972, level where the "sitter" sees some action every now & again as immersive anxiety and bad trips start happening with some frequency and you get to be heroes helping a friend deal with intense life issues (8-16mg psilocybin/40-80mcg LSD  )

FOURTH ORDER....likelyness of overwhelming and immersive experiences, a good windowpane, the level with a fair chance somebody in the group develops an excruciating bad trip with inadequate response from his fellows which may frustrate friendships thereafter(16-32mg Psilocybin/80-160mcg LSD)

FIFTH ORDER.....prominence of deep inner processes, lower "psychedelic therapy" range where you are supposed to get into a crisis and either solve your hidden issues in one go or the trip may kindly stick around for a while reminding you to clean up your act. If you are prone to seizures (which you may not know) this is a good level for true brain overload which may be particularly dangerous if it lasts long or recurs over and over. (32-64mg Psilocybin/160-320mcg LSD)

SIXTH ORDER.....range of maximal psychedelic intensity in the usual sense, Bellevue-strength 1960s LSD capsules, Timothy Leary takes a spoon from Hollingshead's jar and falls silent for over a day & exclaims his famous "WOW!". The few who can handle this agree you should be able to take a week or two off if needed to think it all through. (64+mg Psilocybin/320+mcg LSD)

SEVENTH ORDER...The Thumbprint. Within 2 likely very upsetting hours you get the microsoft bluescreen and your harddrive gets formatted. You wont experience stuff because the Ego OS is wiped altogether and hours later an entirely new OS is written for the rest of your life. You will be forever changed with your life either improved or shattered for quite some time or the rest of your days. Psychedelics might lose all effects thereafter, with 1/2 of mushrooms doing little more then dilate your pupils.

A "Thumbprint-dose" of LSD would be in the order of 200gr of DRIED compost cubies, a kilo of fresh liberty caps or two ounces of very strong Psilocybe azurescens (~6mg LSD = 1.2 gram psilocybin) which would last me 20 years of monthly tripping. Taking a thumbprint is more efficient then the latter, but I'd rather be able to call it quits after a year or so then reach the same sentiment four minutes after touching my tongue with a thumbprint of LSD.

Its likely your exact doses of the "regular" magnitudes do not match this, this is mostly due to qualitative/quantitative sensitivity differences and most importantly psychological tolerance (trip numbing) in regular users. I call these "orders of magnitude" because doubling a given dose (and thus mcg/kg of psilocybin or LSD) will not just greatly intensify things but also tend to introduce certain effects that are very rare or absent on the lower dose.

The Alexander Shulgin Group in PiHKAL and TiHKAL
clearly aim for doses in the third order of magnitude with excursions to the mid-fourth order.

Note the TiHKAL psilocybin entry qualitative comments
show a marked difference between the second (6.6 and 7mg) and the third (10 and 15mg)order of magnitude which for most is the easiest to discern in their own experiences.

From the fourth order upwards (higher then 1.5-3 grams for most) you're completely immersed which is a breathtaking (psychogenic asthma) thrill-ride but you -experience- instead of -consciously learn- and i'm primarily in for the Personal Growth, as Spirituality steps in line in its wake. On 1/8-1/4 you can have cosmic insights that afterwards turn out to be useless because the words were metaphoric of something you cant decipher anymore, or perhaps was an escape from psychedelic onslaught to begin with.

This wont happen on the low dose. On the low dose in a group or solo meditation you may find yourself to become quite uncomfortable with yourself, and for some reason the spacejockys can't handle to face that undistracted by a caleidoscope of sight and sound.

If you say "low doses are a waste of time" please check if:

1.) you never gave low doses a fair shake (low doses are geh)
2.) your life sucks nuts (smite me with thunder or fuck off)
3.) Jesus, Mohammed and the Buddha only bother to say hi when you're on 1/8-1/4 or over (shamans only take high doses everyone knows that)
3.) low doses tend to make you feel less comfortable then sobriety or deep-immersion do

Some people authentically only prefer high doses but these rare few will never frown upon lesser amounts and likely dont use anything daily, no hard drugs, and use once a season or (much) less often.
Almost always its one of the above.

Popular culture and www.freevibe.com encourage you to take large doses (I always end up taking large doses after visiting Freevibe :evil:) but I'm quite happy with 10gr of strong cubies a year and i'm perfectly willing to split that annual amount with a friend if he has a dry spell.

CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Munchie Time!!
Loc: Utah
    #2765234 - 06/05/04 03:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Dunno, been to long, depends on the potentcy, mainly...

Enjoy life as much as you can, make the most of it, learn and grow from it, try enjoying different states of mind and learn from those experiences

Re: Whats your favorite dose [Re: scott2004bc]
    #5014734 - 12/04/05 07:30 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

It depends

Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5017889 - 12/05/05 03:14 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I find high doses don't tend to go so well for me. So I usually stick with moderate doses. My standard doses are:

Mushrooms: 3.5 grams
Acid: 2 hits

User Gallery
Re: Whats your favorite dose [Re: Silversoul]
    #5042995 - 12/10/05 07:29 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Whats your favorite dose [Re: Silversoul]
    #5051223 - 12/12/05 07:18 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Paradigm said:
I find high doses don't tend to go so well for me. So I usually stick with moderate doses. My standard doses are:

Mushrooms: 3.5 grams
Acid: 2 hits

I am exactly the same to the half gram, on a body weight of around 135 lbs. For me, there is a huge difference between 3g and 5g, but after 5g it is all pretty much the same. (All weights assumed dry.)

Just another spore in the wind.

Not a noob just quiet
Male User Gallery

Loc: 33*44'43.5N 117*55'08.2W
    #15086691 - 09/16/11 12:23 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I like to be at around level 4 so about 5 grams will do it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery Polls