Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next > | Last >
OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: dreaming [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27733048 - 04/13/22 03:23 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

:lol:
just so

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: dreaming [Re: Kickle]
    #27757618 - 04/30/22 01:40 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

here is a major article of LSD research https://elifesciences.org/articles/35082
and here is a new article that strongly resembles my theory of mind
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-10466-8

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#27759098 - 05/01/22 06:27 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Can you differentiate between T1 and T2 effects?

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: dreaming [Re: sudly]
    #27759142 - 05/01/22 06:53 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

sorry, do you think I should brush up on my MRI skills, I am working on a simulation for now.

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#27759160 - 05/01/22 07:07 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

A lot of big words in that article but hey someone's got to do it.

Quote:

This raises the question regarding the direction of the LSD-induced effects on association vs. sensory-somatomotor areas. To inform the directionality of LSD modulations of GBC we completed an additional analyses based on seed-based thalamic functional connectivity, which yielded a map that was robust to GS transformations. The reason for this phenomenon is that the thalamus exhibits strong bi-directional brain-wide shared signal.

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#27759498 - 05/02/22 03:28 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I have often wondered what makes an EEG drop solid, it is curious to me what makes this sort of flat line,

Quote:

Here there is an important nuance between ‘noise’ and ‘artefact’. Pure ‘white’ noise can be signal-averaged out and would not yield a consistent effect. In contrast, structured artefact represents a signal that can induce the same spurious effect multiple times (Power et al., 2018, Glasser et al., 2018). Put differently, if a structured artefact is large in both measurements (T1 and T2), then this artefact will spuriously drive the effect and therefore will be replicable.

I'm not sure if you would consider the video below a GSR or not, but it's something I'm confidenently capable of initiating on an EEG.

Quote:

We apologize for the lack of clarity in our original version, which perhaps did not fully unpack this intuition. We appreciate the chance to more carefully discuss this effect. This statistical phenomenon of ‘artefactual’ replication is not surprising, when one considers GSR is intended to remove sources of spatially pervasive structured artefact that also likely persists across sessions (e.g. elevated respiratory artefacts). Here there is an important nuance between ‘noise’ and ‘artefact’. Pure ‘white’ noise can be signal-averaged out and would not yield a consistent effect. In contrast, structured artefact represents a signal that can induce the same spurious effect multiple times (Power et al., 2018, Glasser et al., 2018). Put differently, if a structured artefact is large in both measurements (T1 and T2), then this artefact will spuriously drive the effect and therefore will be replicable. We are not claiming that the current data are able to fully disambiguate between these scenarios (i.e. true replication vs. spurious replication).

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#27759541 - 05/02/22 04:53 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

what are you doing when it goes flatter?

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#27759624 - 05/02/22 07:16 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Contemplating what to search on google, and in another video I am trying to focus on some bricks outside of the apartment I was in. It is about 10 seconds in to this video.

I had an EEG at a hospital years ago and tried my darndest to follow something similar, so I visualised my self using google maps to find certain locations. A few weeks later the hospital said I was alright but that they wanted me to come back in for another EEG to double check some anomalies.

I didn't want to take another day off though, it could have been nothing but I was sincerely trying to focus on specific pathing throughout.

In the above EEG, it was kind of similar with trying to pointpoint a specific brick or there abouts.

--------------------

Edited by sudly (05/12/22 04:31 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#27759685 - 05/02/22 08:20 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

in looking for a specific brick there would be hypothalamic suppression of swaths of thatlamo-cortical looping areas

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#27760974 - 05/03/22 06:16 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

https://open-mind.net/ - I think this is a good group of minds

in particular https://open-mind.net/om-contributors/Victor_A_Lamme

I believe my work corresponds to the recurrent processing group in this paper of his
https://www.nyu.edu/gsas/dept/philo/courses/consciousness05/LammeNeuroscience.pdf

--------------------

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

#27762465 - 05/04/22 07:59 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I do believe that LSD is the imperfect drug.. only hinting at the expansive awareness that we could have..

But getting a high percentage is better anyways..

Decimal old Jockeying.. the scholar of truth..the meaning of making bases change?

That is the key to a drug experiment is the knowledge of change and what that change is and how it happened?

Invisibleteknix
𓂀⟁𓅢𓍝𓅃𓊰𓉡 𓁼𓆗⨻
 User Gallery

Re: dreaming [Re: BrendanFlock]
    #27771528 - 05/10/22 05:12 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Sudly, I want one of those! Where did you get it?

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#27773511 - 05/12/22 04:30 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
https://open-mind.net/ - I think this is a good group of minds

in particular https://open-mind.net/om-contributors/Victor_A_Lamme

I believe my work corresponds to the recurrent processing group in this paper of his
https://www.nyu.edu/gsas/dept/philo/courses/consciousness05/LammeNeuroscience.pdf

Interesting.

Quote:

Deep recurrent procesing (attended, conscious). This occurs when a stimulus evokes
widespread recurrent interactions, ranging all the way from visual cortex to prefrontal and
motor structures. Now the stimulus is full-blown accessible for cognitive operations, and
under attentive conscious control.

It can be reported. However, given the widespread
nature of the interactions involved, this can only occur for a limited set of stimuli. In my
opinion, this is where the classical attentional bottleneck comes into play, where only one
to four items can be attended, held in working memory, and reported about

Quote:

We conclude that a unified attentional bottleneck, including the inferior frontal junction, superior medial frontal cortex, and bilateral insula, temporally limits operations as diverse as perceptual encoding and decision-making.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51555540_A_Unified_attentional_bottleneck_in_the_human_brain

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

a demonstration in Javascript of the ideas in the original post [Re: sudly]
    #28226048 - 03/12/23 07:56 AM (1 year, 17 days ago)

here is my JavaScript web page Demo of  memory formation and perception (two sides of one thing) that I have built to illustrate how mental contents (active cortical neurons) are associated into memory engrams, and how a piece of a similar input (some of the same active cortical neurons)  will reflexively and progressively produce perception of the original pattern.

https://redgreenvines.github.io/reflex/

Complexity wise it is about the size of a fruit fly brain and much much slower than the 1/10th of a second time frame for perception and 2/10ths of a second to guarantee that all the active neurons link together.

it is about how synchronous neural activation (i.e. within 1/10th of a second is synchronous enough) becomes memory and how perception is a reflex and not a product of will.

perception includes all thought, movement, speech etc.

what makes it seem less automatic in our lives is the contextual continuity that comes from recently active neurons being more reactive in perception so that we can keep on task.  https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28124006

--------------------

Edited by redgreenvines (06/13/23 11:46 AM)

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: a demonstration in Javascript of the ideas in the original post [Re: redgreenvines]
    #28226213 - 03/12/23 10:21 AM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Very ouroboros. Enjoy your loop! :heart:

It's kind of fun to be considered so powerful and inescapable that you have no choice but to experience this memory of me as I am, or the repeating memory of hearing about the subconscious :lol:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: a demonstration in Javascript of the ideas in the original post [Re: Kickle] * 1
    #28226246 - 03/12/23 10:39 AM (1 year, 17 days ago)

kickle, your footprints here leave lasting impressions that tickle my mental contents.
that is the way of the alpha wave.

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: a demonstration in Javascript of the ideas in the original post *DELETED* [Re: redgreenvines]
    #28226256 - 03/12/23 10:47 AM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Post deleted by Kickle

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: a demonstration in Javascript of the ideas in the original post [Re: Kickle]
    #28226346 - 03/12/23 11:57 AM (1 year, 17 days ago)

I would not consider it like that. as far as power and influence you are around 0.02% along with each of the other posters here and everywhere. little nudges just for being who you are.

Instead I consider that the impressions that flow into memory, and the perceptions that come out of it are the inner context that I can address with my ongoing interest in making things run smoothly in my life.

I am a tinkerer or a custodian and a curator of the contents, nobody else is that.

the trick to all of it is to understand that what has recently been active in mind is more easily reactivated within the next 5 minutes - so there is a weighting going on in the perceptrome. That is like the rudder of this floating ship of mind.

while being a tinkerer or custodian I am also a curator for that rudder, and that is how I steer the rest. To address that I have to live in the moment - the alpha sliced moment, so my suspension is tuned to 10hz.

but who I am is just the mental contents that are active now and the memories of that.

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: a demonstration in Javascript of the ideas in the original post [Re: redgreenvines]
    #28226389 - 03/12/23 12:43 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Right you don't have to think of it like that - yet. That's the beauty of it IMO. You're giving your consciousness away to others who are conscious, and willfully. It's a new definition of being sub-missive to those who are conscious. Ironic IMO but again kind of fun.

It makes a lot of sense why you are submissive to desire and focus on showing your submissiveness :yesnod:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: a demonstration in Javascript of the ideas in the original post [Re: Kickle]
    #28226417 - 03/12/23 01:08 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
Right you don't have to think of it like that - yet. That's the beauty of it IMO. You're giving your consciousness away to others who are conscious, and willfully. It's a new definition of being sub-missive to those who are conscious. Ironic IMO but again kind of fun.

It makes a lot of sense why you are submissive to desire and focus on showing your submissiveness :yesnod:

You have the persistence and sturdy shell of a coconut
naturally I have been taking myself too seriously.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order