Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMezzano
Stranger
Fruiting Chamber Idea
    #2744400 - 05/29/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have yet to grow mushrooms, but i am organizing material lists and figuring out how i am going to be making my chambers... my main idea for a fruiting chamber to provide adequite humidity is to buy a plastic airtight container(completely see-through), in it haveing a humidity meter and temperature meter facing the outside for readings, and having an elivated metal mesh (bent at the sides making it elivated) so that i can just put about a couple of milimetres of fresh water at the bottom of the container for humidity without it touching the cakes every couple of days, the way i will be getting the water in and out so it does not get stangnent or produce bacteria is i will connect 2 tubes to the container, 1 from the bottom side wall to poor water in, and another at the very bottom to drain water out...

Please give your imput as to if this is a good idea for a fruiting chamber, i figure it will offer great humidity because their will be allot of water(the bin will be situated by a small window for sunlight ALL DAY to improve the fruiting and raise humidity levels) and the water will allways be fresh and offer less contamination, also since the cakes will be elivated, shrooms can aswell grow out of the bottom of the cakes making a higher production amount...

Also, i am planning on splitting my half quart sized cakes in half and fruiting them like that for more production... please give me some opinions or some input, all is appritiated!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
Re: Fruiting Chamber Idea [Re: Mezzano]
    #2744407 - 05/29/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Perlite on the bottom, with the h2o is a good idea. Also, if you add about 10% hydrogen peroxide to the water, you won't have to worry about it harbouring contams. Check around on some threads about people's set ups around here. Many have pictures and can provide some good idea of what you are doing.

-J

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2744443 - 05/29/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Give this a look PMP

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: Fruiting Chamber Idea [Re: FunkyBudah]
    #2744496 - 05/29/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hydrogen peroxide will not remain hydrogen peroxide for long periods of time and will eventually break down into Oxygen and Water. Just use perlite with water and Hydrogen Peroxide and add new Peroxide every few days. The water on the bottom is a bad idea, even with adding peroxide. It's too high maintenence and it's risky as far as contams go.

Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
    #2744511 - 05/29/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think the clear container is a good idea- I've heard that you only want light to come in from the top because if light from all sides hit the shrooms they will get confused and grow oddly. I can't be sure if this is true, but it is often spoken of.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fruiting Chamber Idea [Re: obfuscatelesol]
    #2744633 - 05/29/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'd be in big trouble if it was true. but you do want the light to come from the top but it won't hurt if it doesn't

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMezzano
Stranger
Re: Fruiting Chamber Idea [Re: Magash]
    #2746752 - 05/30/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm i guess the only real thing im stuck on is a cheap source of heat to keep a regulated heat temp of 85-95 for the fruiting process and/or the cake making process... does anyone have great links to pics of other people's set up's or any good tutorials on how to make relitively inexpensive chambers???

Offlineempath
I feel you

Loc: Seattle
    #2746777 - 05/30/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

you want mid 80s only for incubation

for fruiting mid to upper 70s

--------------------
"It tastes like burning"-Ralph Wiggum

OfflineMezzano
Stranger
Re: Fruiting Chamber Idea [Re: empath]
    #2746912 - 05/30/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

and what is a good source that is reliable and inexpensive that will deliver those heats, and how should i install it?

Offlineempath
I feel you

Loc: Seattle
    #2746958 - 05/30/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

do a search for tub in tub incubator

and do a search for heaters or aquarium heater

--------------------
"It tastes like burning"-Ralph Wiggum

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder