Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethoth_the_moth
Entheopharoah

Ayahuasca Exploration
    #2737747 - 05/27/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've been absolutely intrigued by DMT for a long damn time (several years atleast). I hold Terrence McKenna in a very high regard and have been reading his work for several years as well. I started ordering ingredients to make Ayahuasca and they arrived today. I hope to have enough ingredients to go through several 'Ayahuasca Therapy' sessions for the duration of this summer.

I now have:

* 4 ounces of Banisteriopsis Caapi
    * 4 ounces of Psychotria Viridis
    * 4 ounces of Mimosa Hostilis (even though I only ordered 1)
    * 2 ounces of Syrian Rue seeds
    * 1 ounce of Diplopterys cabrerana (for later experiments)

My question is: At what general dosage should I begin at and what substances? I know that I cant ask for specific dosages (I just read the guidelines) but I'd like a general starting amount and I'd like to know which substances would give me the softest introduction.

I was planning on first trying with around 18g of Caapi and 18g of Viridis. Would this be sufficient to get a feel for tryptamines or should I start with the Mimosa/Syrian Rue first? After this I wanted to slowly increase the number until I got to what would hopefully be (as described by Terrence McKenna) of a "break-through dose". Any idea of what that would be for any of these substances?

I plan to make this very gradual and I dont even want to begin for a few more weeks. I want to mentally prepare myself as much as possible and I also hope to fast for several days before each session.

Thank you very much for any help.

--------------------
Thoth

Edited by somasava (05/27/04 05:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrippy Hippy
The great whitehunter
Loc: SouthEast
Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: thoth_the_moth]
    #2739392 - 05/27/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm also very interested in the ayahuasca brews, i have read terrance mckennas true hallucinations, it is a very good book very detailed on the cubensis mushroom but not enough on the brew they were searching for in the amazon jungles. I have read many posts in erowids but find erowids having too many variances in reports, good luck and please keep us updated.

Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Loc: Under the sea
Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: Trippy Hippy]
    #2741457 - 05/28/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

www.ayahuasca.com

Be careful with this one boys she can take you where you don't want to go. Mimosa/Rue has a brighter feel to it and Caapi/Viridis can be quite dark. SWIM felt prepared after 5 wonderful experiences only to be taught a lesson in the unexpected.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: phreakyzen]
    #2741891 - 05/28/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going to dream of a caapi/viridis combo in the near future. What, specifically, do you mean by the darkness? While I've heard of some dark trips, I have also heard of many quite the opposite.

Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: deff]
    #2742376 - 05/28/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

AFOAF would say the overall feel is a bit darker or it seems to have more of a purpose. Mimosa seems less serious but don't get AFOAF wrong both can throw you for the loop of your lifetime. Just try to have the right mindset, one of complete respect.

Terence Mckenna I think once said something about substances having head space or spirit space. The longer a substance has been around and used the more this space is filled. It might be nothing and it might be suggestion but Caapi/Viridis is the traditional brew that has been used for centuries. It definitely has many entities within it's space and you will meet some of them.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: phreakyzen]
    #2742385 - 05/28/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Jurema has just as an elaborate history of usage as chacruna.

Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: Aneglakya]
    #2742495 - 05/28/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

From what AFOA had read in the past only specific tribes used jurema where Viridis was more widely used. Either way AFOAF was only trying to find a reason why the difference. AFOAF cannot really say beyond a guess as to why there seemed to be a difference. Just how it felt to them.

Invisibletrade_om
An Old Omelette

#2743708 - 05/29/04 06:38 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Syrian rue and acacia trees also have a long tradition of mystical explorations.
Syrian rue was used both in Soma and by bedouin shamans (and could very much also was used by ancient middle-eastern people) along with a special native acacia to make an incense that would make the shamans in the tent travel into the spiritual realms and talk to sacred spirits.
This is a not very studied tradition, but documentation is available.
Check this site out - Its of a Jordanian researcher. Read through this site to find the related articles about Rue and acaca use.
Ive heard on many occaisions that Rue is much harder on the body when ingested then caapi.

Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: trade_om]
    #2743713 - 05/29/04 06:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok so Mckenna was off his rocker and there is no "head space" or it just doesn't apply here. Either way there does seem to be a difference between the two substances and brews. Try for yourselves and draw your own conclusions but above all be careful.

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
    #2743728 - 05/29/04 07:33 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I would say jurema is a lot easier on my stomach but I have tried each only once.

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Offlinethoth_the_moth
Entheopharoah

Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: aeonblue]
    #2744266 - 05/29/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you all for the replies.

So Mimosa would most likely be the best candidate for a first experience?

Also...does anyone know how long of a shelf life these plants should have if kept in a dark, dry area in ziplock bags? I was expecting to keep all of these over the summertime and be very gradual with my experiences.

Thanks again.

--------------------
Thoth

Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
    #2821786 - 06/23/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i don't understand. what exactly do these do? are these taken in conjunction with a dose of mushrooms?

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: wds]
    #2821849 - 06/23/04 05:32 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

There was a link posted earlier that gives all the answers and more if you just dont mind looking....

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2822133 - 06/23/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HarveyWalbanger said:
There was a link posted earlier that gives all the answers and more if you just dont mind looking....

Its in this same thread actually. Nice of you to post it again though.

Offlinethoth_the_moth
Entheopharoah

#2967433 - 08/05/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I just thought that I would update this post from several months ago to tell everyone of my Ayahuasca experiences.

Over the past 2-3 months I have drank Ayahuasca on four seperate occassions. The first two times (with only Psychotria or Mimosa as the tryptamine constituents) were very mild but gave alot of insight. The last two times had a combination of Diplopterys and Mimosa and were very very strong journeys.

I've learned more from drinking Ayahuasca than I could ever have imagined and I saw things from a perspective that I couldn't have ever imagined even existing prior to these experiences. I really feel as though it reset my mind (in a very positive way). Recently I was reading of how Dennis McKenna found from clinical studies that Ayahuasca increases the effectivity of Serotonic pathways (source) and I found that to seem very true.

Every experience seemed much much more mental than visual. I think I've gone as far into my head as I'll ever need to go. Of course there were still the memorable breathing walls and closed-eyed visuals of mazes, patterns, and one of a giant glowing white hawk resembling Ra (the Egyptian god of the Sun) in the middle of a lime green maze with pink dots circumnavigating it.

For anyone interested (or bored, ha) I wrote both of my last reports down. The first (from a month or so ago) is located here on Erowid and the latest (a few weeks ago) is located here on the Lycaeum forums.

Thanks again for your help prior to my experiences.

--------------------
Thoth

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
    #2968985 - 08/05/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If you want very detailed infromation aboutAyahuasca go over to The Ayahuasca Forums and search out your questions there. Those guys have a lot of experience with this ancient sacred brew. There's some good people over there. Check em' out!

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#9650606 - 01/21/09 07:52 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

thoth_the_moth said:
I just thought that I would update this post from several months ago to tell everyone of my Ayahuasca experiences.

Over the past 2-3 months I have drank Ayahuasca on four seperate occassions. The first two times (with only Psychotria or Mimosa as the tryptamine constituents) were very mild but gave alot of insight. The last two times had a combination of Diplopterys and Mimosa and were very very strong journeys.

I've learned more from drinking Ayahuasca than I could ever have imagined and I saw things from a perspective that I couldn't have ever imagined even existing prior to these experiences. I really feel as though it reset my mind (in a very positive way). Recently I was reading of how Dennis McKenna found from clinical studies that Ayahuasca increases the effectivity of Serotonic pathways (source) and I found that to seem very true.

Every experience seemed much much more mental than visual. I think I've gone as far into my head as I'll ever need to go. Of course there were still the memorable breathing walls and closed-eyed visuals of mazes, patterns, and one of a giant glowing white hawk resembling Ra (the Egyptian god of the Sun) in the middle of a lime green maze with pink dots circumnavigating it.

For anyone interested (or bored, ha) I wrote both of my last reports down. The first (from a month or so ago) is located here on Erowid and the latest (a few weeks ago) is located here on the Lycaeum forums.

Thanks again for your help prior to my experiences.

You mean Horus? I am not very schooled in Egyptian mythology but I do know that Horus was the sun God of the Egyptians, I think Ra was the "head" God.

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: Ayahuasca Exploration [Re: The Centre]
    #9650640 - 01/21/09 08:04 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

this thread is almost as ancient as the egyptians which you speak of.
please take more care when browsing old threads and do not bump them unless you have truly relevant information relating to the topic to add.

thanks.

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#9665064 - 01/23/09 12:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

oops. I had so many threads open I accidentally bumped this one. Damn.

InvisibleKBG1977
    #9665234 - 01/23/09 01:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Holy shit that ancient Egyptians remark was funny as hell doc:grin:I was drinking some tea when I read at,and laughed so hard it came out my nose:grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract