Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
I'm sorry
    #2743567 - 05/29/04 05:06 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I hate to do this to everyone, but I have to ask. Please break up your paragraphs. I can't read long paragraphs. Okay, I can, but it takes immense concentration.

I don't have time for that much concentration for each post. There are a lot of posts that have long paragraphs. For each post that takes concentration, it takes extra time for me to read the post.

I feel like I am losing out on learning from each of you when I can't read your posts. I so apologize for this. But please, couldn't you please just hit the "enter" key after every 3 or 4 sentences?

See, I have ADHD. I have belonged to ADHD forums in the past, and the same complaints would be made over long paragraphs. I know there are other ADDers here, and they probably have the same problem.

I will tell you something amusing:

On these other forums, different people, etc. involved, there would also be complaints about the colors of the fonts being used, the size, shape, etc.

See, people with ADHD are pretty smart. But, they also have trouble reading stuff that is written with the wrong color and size font. And with paragraphs that run on and on.

I tried a while back asking people to break up their paragraphs, but then I decided, when no one did, to just ignore the paragraphs.

I realize now that I am missing a lot. I know this is my problem. But I am going to now beg. Please. Whoever reads this. If you post, please break up your paragraphs.

So that this doesn't get moved, let me interject this: How does ADHD affect your life, with the paragraph thing that I just posted about? Do you have ADHD?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: I'm sorry [Re: Frog]
    #2743571 - 05/29/04 05:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I hate to do this to everyone, but I have to ask. Please break up your paragraphs. I can't read long paragraphs. Okay, I can, but it takes immense concentration.

I don't have time for that much concentration for each post. There are a lot of posts that have long paragraphs. For each post that takes concentration, it takes extra time for me to read the post.

^^^The ego on this person...it's all about Frog...

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm sorry [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2743575 - 05/29/04 05:17 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think I've ever told you to phuck off, have I, Ed??? 

And I'm not going to, now.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2743579 - 05/29/04 05:21 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I can't read long paragraphs either. That's why it's so hard for me to finish a book. A paragraph that goes on for pages usually ends up unread.

No I don't have ADHD, Frog.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm sorry [Re: daba]
    #2743583 - 05/29/04 05:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

My only response: !!!

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2743586 - 05/29/04 05:29 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Did you know that Mark Twain's "A tale of two cities" has the longest sentence in printed history. It's this giant sentence that spans several pages. It would be hell for you to read it...

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm sorry [Re: daba]
    #2743588 - 05/29/04 05:31 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

daba said:
I can't read long paragraphs either. That's why it's so hard for me to finish a book. A paragraph that goes on for pages usually ends up unread.

No I don't have ADHD, Frog.

I don't really have ADHD either.  For me, it's just a control issue.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2743592 - 05/29/04 05:42 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's funny the things my brain can handle, and those things which it can't. If I am reading a book, I "know" that I will be reading long paragraphs, and my brain assumes the position.

But on this forum, I'm usually reading and posting for entertainment. I don't want to work for it.

So, if the paragraph is really long, I will just skip it. I hate that, because then ultimately I come to a post that is made in response to a post that I didn't read, because it was too long.

I'm actually embarassed to have to have created this thread. I think I am pretty smart. But I feel pretty stupid asking people to "please, make shorter paragraphs", when I am an attorney who has to read letters and documents all day.

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2743594 - 05/29/04 05:45 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm glad you made this post, it gives me a platform to make my plea...

Everyone, please disregard proper grammar and spacing when making your posts, please lump everything together into one giant sentence/paragraph.

I tease of course.

It is funny how your brain will assume the position for different situations based on what your expectations are. Like when I go to work, my brain flatlines...

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2743599 - 05/29/04 05:52 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ed, again, I'm not going to tell you to phuck off.  :grin:

Everyone else, if you disregard proper grammar and spacing, that just gives me one more reason to disregard your post.  In other words, don't listen to Ed.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2743603 - 05/29/04 05:57 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ed, again, I'm not going to tell you to phuck off.

:lol:

you're telling me, but you're not telling me!

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2743604 - 05/29/04 06:01 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd said:
I'm glad you made this post, it gives me a platform to make my plea...

Everyone, please disregard proper grammar and spacing when making your posts, please lump everything together into one giant sentence/paragraph.

I tease of course.

It is funny how your brain will assume the position for different situations based on what your expectations are.  Like when I go to work, my brain flatlines...

What do you do for a living, that your brain "flat lines"???

In my job, my brain is geared up pretty much all the time.  It's pretty intense.  This forum is supposed to be "fun" for me.  That's why I can't read the long paragraphs.  I could,  but FUCK, I can't.

Interesting perspective, Ed.  Let's change this thread into that topic:  Does your job dull your brain or enlighten it?  Or, "when you go to work, are you a flat-liner?"

Or, "What makes Jack a dull boy?"

:grin:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2743606 - 05/29/04 06:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd said:
Quote:

Ed, again, I'm not going to tell you to phuck off.

:lol:

you're telling me, but you're not telling me!

Ed, you're one of my most favorite people on this forum.  Again, I will not tell you to phuck off.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2743610 - 05/29/04 06:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

edited for security

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Edited by SpecialEd (05/29/04 06:20 AM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2743613 - 05/29/04 06:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No schitt, man, my brain would flat line, too.  Holy phuck.  No, let me say that correctly:  Holy fuck!

Let's make your job more interesting.  Let's imagine that the boxes are "boxes".  And you are "loading" them.  :grin: 

I'm so bad.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2743764 - 05/29/04 10:19 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

a) I think everyone has ADD, to some degree. I think ADD is a label given to one end of a variant scale of conditions. (Meaning that everyone has a bit of ADD, but some have it worse than others) I used to think I was "one of the ones who has ADD".. I can't stand trying to read long paragraphs on here either, and my attention span for just about any activity is usually short. I have tons of hobbies, because I constantly want to try to "be good at all these different things" so to speak.

b) My brain flat-lines when I go to work.. I work at 7-11. But I'm planning to quit soon, when I can..  :kodama:

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2743771 - 05/29/04 10:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

As much as I hate to say this, I agree with Frog, I can't read the long paragraphs either. :grin:  I'm just rude & scroll right through 'em 'cause they take way too much effort for me.

And I have the ultimate flat-liner job right now - all I do is enter numbers in a computer & try to look busy while I fuck around on the Shroomery.  My days are going by so fast 'cause I don't really think while I'm there.

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology