Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesensi

Loc: MushroOmKingdoM
in search of nirvana
    #2743432 - 05/29/04 02:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I am a compialation of many beliefs. I do not adhere to any one belief, I agree with some aspects and disagree with others. I have been thinking... I have no real self decipline, well I do to an extent like all other humans out there. I am in search of nirvana which isn't "buddhist heaven" or "nothingness" as many people think. Nirvana is "Emancipation from ignorance and the extinction of all attachment." I am tired of wanting things, sex, food, this or that... I don't want to follow a religion such as hinduism or buddhism. I am wondering how people have reached nirvana throughout the years. I have started meditating which I believe may aid my quest. I want to free myself from ego and attachment basically. I want to know my body beyond the sack that contains my organic cellular structure. After all, I am atomic, pre-atomic, interactive infinitely, eternally, with everything everywhere. (my source for this sentence was http://www.meditationsociety.com/evolut.html)

what u people think?
-thanx

--------------------
Live in your own reality. Sorround yourself with positivity while being aware of the darkness. The heaven so many people are in search of is much closer than they believe. Its a state of mind. Its not about reaching a destination becuase there is no destination, its an infinite, exponential journey.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemr crisper

Re: in search of nirvana [Re: sensi]
    #2743998 - 05/29/04 12:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

this is all just my opinion, my own experiences are as unique for me as yours are for you. maybe we all end up in the same place but we see it from different perspectives.

don't hold onto anything (beliefs, ideals, definitions) too tightly.

i really doubt words exist that can adequately describe 'nirvana'.

once you have reached this point, you are still going to have to get up every morning, wipe your ass after a kaka, eat breakfast, wear clothes and work to support yourself. perhaps it is more challenging and more rewarding to become good at menial things before storming the pearly gates.

it is only another step on the path, not a goal in itself.

enjoy the journey thru space and time, get to know yourself really well. one day you will see that you are and have always been perfect.

Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
Re: in search of nirvana [Re: sensi]
    #2744390 - 05/29/04 03:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The search for nirvana is a long and difficult journey, with many ups and many downs. From what I've seen, it is a necessity (for the average person) to practice meditation in order for them to reach this state. One of the first things to realize is that in order to rid yourself of ignorance and attachment, you must not desire anything, including nirvana (though I suppose desiring and aspiring are seperate things). You seem to be getting off on a good start, and I wish that you accomplish liberation and have a wonderful life. I give you my blessing.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology