Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSprewellSleeve
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Safest and best air purifiers for cats and humans (what about ozone?)
    #27413133 - 08/03/21 02:53 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Best and safest air purifier for cats and humans?

I want an excellent air purifier for cats and humans. I have two cats. I read that ozone isn't safe, but I don't know if certain amounts is safe. Either way I don't want to take any chances. I live in a small one bedroom apartment. I want one for the bedroom, and most of all the living room. If they're expensive (500-800 or so) and those are the only good quality ones, then I'll just get one for now maybe.

On Consumer Analysis's YouTube channel the guy said that big air purifiers are better even if it's a small room. I'd like anyone's opinion on that here.

Here are some I'd like your opinion on as far as the quality, is it really safe, and are there options around the same quality for much less:

Winix 550-2 (Is PlasmaWave safe, do I have to turn it off, is it worth getting if I have to turn it off?)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D8DAYII/?tag=thecatsite

Dyson Pure Cool TP04 (I like that it's also a fan):

https://www.dyson.com/air-treatment/purifiers/dyson-pure-cool/dyson-pure-cool-tower-nickel-nickel?ranMID=36310&ranEAID=je6NUbpObpQ&ranSiteID=je6NUbpObpQ-g6AGkduc5tIjI6o6GPapcg&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-g6AGkduc5tIjI6o6GPapcg&utm_source=Sovrn+%28formerly+Viglink%29&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=us_en__na__na__na__purchase&utm_term=&utm_content=rakuten_1

Austin Air Healthmate Plus (expensive

https://austinair.com/shop/healthmate-plus/

Hamilton Beach TrueAir (maybe I'll get this or something this small as my third air purifier to put next to the kitty litter or in the kitchen):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003RIUBG0/?tag=thecatsite

Also, what about Blueair and Coway?

Any help will be appreciated.

--------------------

Edited by SprewellSleeve (08/03/21 02:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: SCranton
Re: Safest and best air purifiers for cats and humans (what about ozone?) [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #27415759 - 08/05/21 04:59 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

I like the ionizer ones for home use.
Ozone is cool but a lil over the top for at home.
Think my company uses blueair

--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Safest and best air purifiers for cats and humans (what about ozone?) [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #27420797 - 08/09/21 10:11 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Stay away from always on ozone generating air filters. Ozone is meant to be used when the house is empty. Even if an air filter claims to produce low levels of ozone they declare safe, I wouldn't want it in my home, you don't know if their specs are accurate or how it will translate to your home(are volume, air exchange rates, etc.).

I own an industrial ozone generator, I use it in my cars or in the home when we will be gone for a prolonged length of time. Nothing gets rid of smells better, but its not safe to be around, even low levels can exasperate respiratory ailments or contribute to development of asthma.

Ionizers are fine, what they do is cause dust particles in the air to become attracted to each other until they become so heavy they fall out of suspension, but to get the "best" air filtration any filter which combines HEPA, activated carbon, and catalytic filtration should accomplish that...after that the things to consider are noise levels, electricity usage, and filtration/air flow rate. As well as filter life, and replacement filter cost. I recommend you look for one with a permanent, cleanable, pre-filter to extend the life of your HEPA filter or other low micron filter.

UV light won't disinfect air, the air is moving too fast, they only disinfect the inside of the filter, but an air filter may have uv lights for a photocatalyic filter.

There are combined air filters with ozone where you can turn the ozone on/off independently...such as. Keep in mind that "off brand" filters like these regularly overstate the square footage they are able to effectively filter, just because it can handle that much square footage in a big open space doesn't mean it's going to effectively filter anywhere near that much area spaced out over independent rooms and corridors...and not all HEPA filters have equal first pass efficiency nor necessarily filter down to the same level of microns. I am not endorsing this filter specifically, it was just the first example I saw of a combined air filter with independent ozone control.

Other than that you should consider exactly what you are trying to filter...allergens?(hepa) smells?(carbon) voc?(catalytic). If you are only interested in one or some of these things, you may not need a combined air flter and could save money by just buying one that serves your needs.

Of the one's you posted I like the winix one the best(but I would also never, ever consider spending over $200 on an air filter)...it has washable pre-filter, HEPA, carbon, and plasmawave is a catalytic filter.

Edited by Holybullshit (08/09/21 11:10 AM)

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #27421912 - 08/09/21 11:17 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

I have a BlueAir  Blue 211+ and it's pretty good. It's well built, comes with a washable cloth skirt for the outside as a prefilter plus the normal filters/carbon on the inside.  I use it in my office where I spend more of my time, I vape in here, etc.  Highly recommend.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
    #27423840 - 08/11/21 08:18 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Austin air are pretty good.

--------------------

InvisibleMinion
Torque
 User Gallery

Loc: Jesusland
Re: Safest and best air purifiers for cats and humans (what about ozone?) [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #27430372 - 08/16/21 01:54 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Industrial carbon filters. :grin:

--------------------
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, set it on fire.

OfflineJessesun
Stranger
Male
Loc: China Flag
    #27511963 - 10/21/21 01:23 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

1. The air purifier filters the solid pollutants (PM10, PM2.5, and other solid particulate matter) and gaseous pollutants (ammonia, volatile organic compounds, TVOC, etc.) in the air
2. The ozone generator produces ozone for sterilization

Therefore, the difference between the two is as follows

1. The air purifier is mainly used to filter pollutants in the air
2. The ozone generator is specialized in producing ozone for sterilization

Why can an air purifier be disinfected?
When an air purifier based on electrostatic and ultraviolet principles is working, it ionizes the air and produces a small amount of ozone for sterilization. This is the principle of air purifier sterilization. At the same time, ozone is harmful to the human respiratory tract. The air purifier works continuously for 24 hours in a specific environment. When tested at a distance of 50mm from the exit, the ozone concentration cannot be greater than 0.05ppm. This is the national standard for air purifiers in China.

The ozone generator is specialized in producing ozone to sterilize, and must have strict sterilization concentration requirements and use restrictions
1. The standard for sterilization is the CT value, C is the ozone concentration, and T is the maintenance time after the ozone concentration reaches the standard. For example, ozone drinking water disinfection CT=1.6, C=0.4ppm, T=4 minutes
2. Pay attention to the safety concentration when using ozone for sterilization. The safety concentration of human ozone in the United States is 0.1ppm, and the contact time is 8 hours. Therefore, people must leave the field during ozone sterilization.

Since ozone quickly becomes oxygen after sterilization, 61% of the ozone in an hour will decay into oxygen, which is beneficial to the human body, so there is no need to worry too much about the use of ozone as a disinfectant in life.

However, a recent study by Duke University in the United States found that even if the ozone concentration in the air is lower than 0.05ppm, it still has an impact on human diseases such as the heart, lungs and blood vessels. Therefore, it is recommended that people leave the site when the ozone is used for sterilization.

--------------------
Jesse

CE Environment Technology Co., Ltd

Tel: 0799-6828880 Skype:yamsole Email:jesse@ceenvironment.com
Add: 610-2 Room, Guangfeng Mansion 118#, Suzhou East Street, Economy & Technology developing district, Pingxiang, province China

InvisibleSpeeker

Loc: Flag
Re: Safest and best air purifiers for cats and humans (what about ozone?) [Re: Jessesun]
    #27522913 - 10/29/21 02:03 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

When some of these early negative ion purifier articles came, there was some that said that while we humans like negative ones the cats like positive ones. Therefore they tend to like to be around TV sets.

That  is, the old ones having a tube and all... The newer TV's, IDK, what kind of fields they put around.
Probably at least as toxin as the program they broadcast..

--------------------
blog

OfflineLand TroutM
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27522926 - 10/29/21 02:15 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

We have two winix air purifiers.  Last two summers have been Smokey as hell from forest fires, and these have been great for keeping the air inside our home clean.  They are pretty much in all the time and sense when they need to move more air I suppose.  In-laws got it for us, I was skeptical at first but they are really nice.

Offlinedyel
Male User Gallery

Re: Safest and best air purifiers for cats and humans (what about ozone?) [Re: Land Trout]
    #27541864 - 11/13/21 01:43 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

thoughts on the Xiaomi Mi c3?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom