Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Back to Fallout '76
    #27395688 - 07/20/21 10:02 PM (4 months, 7 days ago)

That made me laugh. 
1 person found this review helpful on Steam.

Not Recommended
68.0 hrs last two weeks / 1,798.6 hrs on record (1,798.3 hrs at review time)
Posted: Jul 20 @ 2:47pm

Was think of buying it that long after the release date.  But seriously after 1,798 of gaming time, and you would not recommend it, that is quite a commitment of one's time.  No judgement and to each their own as with Civ I have around the same hours in it but I enjoy it and will play it more.  To play that long from the beginning and after nearing 2,000 hours of one's life and, maybe this was a massive waste of time I find amusing.

Really liked Fallout 4.  Not touching this one and the monthly waste of money just to keep playing a game and endless pay for garbage.  NOPE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineBacchuschillin
Wanderer

Loc: USA
Re: Back to Fallout '76 [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #27427589 - 08/14/21 10:29 AM (3 months, 13 days ago)

Yeah I too had such high hopes for 76'. I mean, we all did. Such a disappointment.  :icecreamsadness:

--------------------
Eat, Drink, Smoke, and be Merry!🍻

Just Be Chill:peace:
:cheers:

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Back to Fallout '76 [Re: Bacchuschillin]
    #27428633 - 08/15/21 02:41 AM (3 months, 13 days ago)

I enjoyed F76.  The key to bethesda games is always the same, expect it to be buggy af but have a cool world to wander in. Set expectations low then just enjoy the ride.  Bethesda has amazing world design and world storytelling even if they fuck up lots of other shit.  Is it as good as the single player? absolutely not, but they are totally different types of games.  Multiplayer RPGs are always pretty shallow compared to single player versions, etc.

I have 384 hours in it since release. 

I'm hoping starfield is really good and has a good base engine and going forward they utilize that properly.  Most of 76's problems were caused by the fact that their engine/code is just super old at this point and not built for the task they tried to make it do.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..

OfflineBacchuschillin
Wanderer

Re: Back to Fallout '76 [Re: mndfreeze]
    #27428819 - 08/15/21 09:07 AM (3 months, 12 days ago)

I've been a fan of Bethesda since ES:Oblivion and fell in love with Fallout since 3. But like you said 76' is still using the same engine that they used with fallout 3. Fucking ridiculous. And they knew it was a problem before the release. But still went ahead and put it into the world where it would crash and burn. I started playing the beta and played the he'll out of it for months. Not sure how many hours, as I no longer have a console. But a lot. Lol
You're right about the MMO aspect of the game killed the story aspect for me. I didn't give a shit and just ran around making friends and killing ghouls. Everyone was also just breaking the game and making infinite copies of the most bad ass weapon drops.
For what the game was, if the engine had been better, the game would have been more enjoyable and have more longevity.

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27429040 - 08/15/21 12:49 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

FWIW, I went back after the big story changes that happened like a year ago or so, where they added in the new factions and start and played through the entire story again and really enjoyed it.  I treated it like a single player game though, now and then would play with friends but most of the time I spent wandering, questing and enjoying the general story and combat.

The musical score also it fucking amazing, as it always is for bethesda games.  I absolutely love the scorch beast epic music.

But yeah, the engine is their main failure point.  They do update the engine because thats how engines work. It's just that when you have an engine that was started 15+ years ago, and they just add on and update it you end up with tons of whack legacy code and shit that you can code around easily for single player, but is a nightmare to handle shit like multiplayer.  For their upcoming games they are building a completely new engine from the ground up, or rather they have been working on it for years already.  I think starfield will use it and the next elder scrolls game as well.  It will probably be their foundation for the next decade+

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineBacchuschillin
Wanderer

#27429065 - 08/15/21 01:15 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

Fuck yeah I hope so.
Right now I'm kind of playing Fallout NV again but this time on an older laptop that can just handle it. Also started oblivion again lol.
And while I do love these classics, I'm really looking forward to a brand new experience from these titles.
Unfortunately for me means I have to get hardware:sad:. I traded off my consoles for a nintendo switch when I hit the road a couple of years ago. So I might just finally make the change and go "PC master race". Via an over priced gaming laptop.

--------------------

Edited by Bacchuschillin (08/15/21 01:16 PM)

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27429172 - 08/15/21 02:40 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

I ditched my consoles years ago and built a new gaming PC at the time, and just upgrade it as I go and need.  Ends up being cheaper in the long run.  PC is where its at for sure.  Gaming laptops are meh though unless you REALLY need that portability. 

Yeah for me I love the bethesda worlds. They are always so fun to just explore.  Most games don't really pull off the intricate world building that bethesda does where I want to poke in every corner, see a little story just written out with a teddy bear and bones or whatever.  76 had all this so I enjoyed it, but it's definitely a lot better now than it was.  I'd say at this point its a fairly good game, they just screwed up the first year or two of it.  Some of the new characters are well written and great.  Others are still kinda generic feeling. 

Really hoping starfield takes it to the next level cuz we have quite a long time before new elder scrolls or fallout, sadly.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineBacchuschillin
Wanderer

#27429313 - 08/15/21 04:36 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

I used to run a PC back in the day. Like in the days of half life 2/counter strike source. So I do know their glory. But like I said before I travel from place to place so laptop is really my only choice unless I get a better travel setup. I wish they were easier to mod though.

Same here. Love to explore, whether it's in the real world or a virtual one. Did you catch the redrum written in blocks next to the tricycle in 76'? Those guys are so funny.
Well if I get the chance I'll check out 76' again. Until then, thanks for turning me on to Starfield (haven't been keeping up to date), I have that to look forward to now. :cheers:

--------------------

Edited by Bacchuschillin (08/15/21 04:39 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder