Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27426000 - 08/12/21 08:55 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Covid is causing people to develop diabetes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/06/11/can-covid-19-coronavirus-cause-diabetes-here-is-what-2-new-studies-say/amp/

Not surprising. Here's a nice metadata study on how hyperglycemia is prognostic for poorer outcomes, so if this keeps up, then we should be in for a nice ride.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8019489/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Mr.GuessWork]
    #27426004 - 08/12/21 08:56 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.GuessWork said:
I think lots of these people are still accessible through other rhetoric aside from traditional authoritative medical/scientific argumentation. if they're so easily convinced by the techniques used to propagate misinformation, then that same susceptibility should be exploitable for other ends. the trick is to identify it, and either remove the power of it's influence so the person better use sound reasoning and critical thinking, or repurpose the power so the person is bottlenecked into making a decision that protects them and allows them to live and not harm others so they can make better decisions in other aspects of their lives. the decision not to take the vaccine is a clear example of a behavior harming the self and others at this point, and some type of mass action is needed since psych wards aren't an option.

It isn't a matter of logic. It's a matter of Us vs. Them thinking. Until people ascend beyond that kind of thinking they are unreachable without employing some sort of ethically questionable ruse/farce

OnlinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27426026 - 08/12/21 09:08 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

theres also a certain 'religion' that hates the medical community and spreads misinformation really effectively, they have a chiropractor on youtube who has millions of subs that gives health advice, and I see obvious bots in his comment section

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27426036 - 08/12/21 09:15 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

Mr.GuessWork said:
I think lots of these people are still accessible through other rhetoric aside from traditional authoritative medical/scientific argumentation. if they're so easily convinced by the techniques used to propagate misinformation, then that same susceptibility should be exploitable for other ends. the trick is to identify it, and either remove the power of it's influence so the person better use sound reasoning and critical thinking, or repurpose the power so the person is bottlenecked into making a decision that protects them and allows them to live and not harm others so they can make better decisions in other aspects of their lives. the decision not to take the vaccine is a clear example of a behavior harming the self and others at this point, and some type of mass action is needed since psych wards aren't an option.

It isn't a matter of logic. It's a matter of Us vs. Them thinking. Until people ascend beyond that kind of thinking they are unreachable without employing some sort of ethically questionable ruse/farce

I think they call that kind of ruse/farce leadership when it works well. I'm pretty sure it can be done in a way that's ethically sound too, but I don't have a good plan to share. I do, however, know that it's unethical to let people die because they're stupid or afraid. Good logical thinking requires a surprising amount of education and discipline, and it often doesn't translate well from one subject to another so even the most educated among us can screw it up. I've recently talked  decent people into getting vaccinated, and the problem seemed to be that they just hadn't had enough time\talk to make up their minds, and all I had to do to convince them was to stabilize the emotional space around the decision and give them the facts they needed to help them address their anxiety on the subject, then give them a little nudge of encouragement. It had to be the right combination of trust, compassion, validation, and reason. It's sort of like teaching somebody algebra. Most of the work is in teaching them to manage the frustration. If they can do that, then the rewarding parts become accessible with just a little more help. When people don't get a decent teacher, then they learn to hate the subject instead of learning how to use it for their own good. We really blow at education here, and this failure shows that on an epidemic scale.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #27426267 - 08/13/21 02:33 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
For people like HamHead, leningrad, paradox, and Heinrik, arguing about COVID is like a game. The consequences and rewards are totally 'virtual'.

Just a reminder that it isn't a game for everyone.

If you're unvaccinated and still treating it like a game, don't be surprised if it isn't one for you, either, in the near future. It will never be an "I told you so" kind of situation.

People got to snap out of bullshit mode and into taking this serious mode.

I have taken Covid serious since day 1, even put a big freezer in my house to stock it up with supplies to ride out the waves.

Result is I saved so much money I could among things have 3 water wells built in 3 Ugandan villages, providing drinking water to over 2,000 people.

All because I took this serious from the get go.

If I hadnt I could have been DEAD, like my aunt.

Battlestations motherfuckers, this is not a drill.

Either stop taking this as a joke or the joke is on you.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#27426270 - 08/13/21 02:37 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
The only thing you can do now Koods is try to block that part of you that feels the euphoria of vindication when nobody listens to you and this all plays out.

please, yes.

There are things you don't want to be right about. Covid is one.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Asante]
    #27426404 - 08/13/21 06:43 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

A friend of mine (British) went to Germany and back this week.

He said they weren't doing any kind of checks coming in through Heathrow.

I was quite surprised by that. Germany required vax proof for entry, but not England.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #27426428 - 08/13/21 07:15 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

OMG
"Trash removal by City of Indianapolis and their sub Republic Services has been delayed due to a shortage of drivers. "

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #27426730 - 08/13/21 11:32 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
A friend of mine (British) went to Germany and back this week.

He said they weren't doing any kind of checks coming in through Heathrow.

I was quite surprised by that. Germany required vax proof for entry, but not England.

Did he enter the uk? Big international airport have international terminals where you don’t go through the transfer country’s immigration if you are just getting on another flight

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27426747 - 08/13/21 11:48 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Yes. He entered from Germany so he absolutely would have gone through immigration.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #27427001 - 08/13/21 03:18 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #27427020 - 08/13/21 03:29 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Canada just announced vaccinations will be required to travel by plane, train or cruise ship

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-government-mandatory-vaccinations-1.6140131

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods] * 1
    #27427036 - 08/13/21 03:54 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Baby_Hitler] * 2
    #27427047 - 08/13/21 04:06 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Guys, if you wanted to start eating healthier..

Less processed food, more veggies, whole foods, more variety, good stuff..

If you wanted to perk up on your fitness level with outdoors excercise..

Cosidering a vitamin pill perhaps? D3 or a catch-all multi?

Let Covid be the reason for the season.

If you eat healthier, get more excercise and have a healthier sleep pattern, your body is better able to resist infections and disease in general.

Health up.

If you have trouble sleeping, 3mng melatonin tablets can help, they also have effects in covid infection, making a severe outcome less likely.

As you see graphically illustrated above, the hospitals are flooding and this will probably lead to your local hospital not being available if you need it.

YOU HAVE TO TAKE EXTRA SENSIBLE CARE OF YOUR LOVED ONES AND YOURSELF

Self reliance - its good for you.

We're going through hard times, lets weather the storm together.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #27427052 - 08/13/21 04:08 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Cases are spiking in MD but hospitalizations aren’t. We’re 79% 18+  vaxxed

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27427290 - 08/13/21 09:07 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (08/13/21 09:09 PM)

OnlinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
    #27427529 - 08/14/21 07:26 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: gopher]
    #27427553 - 08/14/21 07:50 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Friends brother got covid.
Couldn't breathe. They called ambulance.
He is now on a ventilator.

Guy put up a barrier to reason. Him and his brother fell hard for Russian propaganda. Laughed when I said you idiots are falling for Russian propaganda. Hurrrr mr bod with his college degree knows everything hurrrrr. Wouldn't accept a ounce of intelligent tought in this last year.

I sent that choking in freedom noises meme. Maybe he will get it now. I have a strong feeling his brother wont make it.

--------------------
:whyyy:

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #27427567 - 08/14/21 08:12 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Hopefully he'll come off vent and see reason. you should tell the one who's better off to get the vaccine again just in case he's momentarily susceptible to reason. Fear mixed with a little reality can do that to people sometimes.

it still amazes me that so many people are dyeing like this. I looked up that thing about lemmings committing mass suicide by running off a cliff and found out it was a myth, so I guess we're uniquely stupid among animals with this willful mass suicide stuff.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Mr.GuessWork]
    #27427582 - 08/14/21 08:23 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Just think what a better world it will be with these people gone.

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgwfRTNjPNgb9HFNUNV4AaABCQ

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale