Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: gopher]
    #27424356 - 08/11/21 04:33 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Thats an euphemism yes, like the Nazis called inhaling car exhaust gassings "euthanasia"

Pruning back the old branches and starting the bush over.

I wouldnt be amazed if various rogues used infected low symptomatic people as walking bioweapons.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Asante]
    #27424373 - 08/11/21 04:58 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I have a question about testing, particularly the rapid tests.

I saw the sensitivity was something like 83%, though I'm sure it depends on the type of test and how it's administered. Does anyone know if that sensitivity is different with delta variant and it's presentation? I'm aiming this at the people who administer the tests or work in hospitals. Does it seem like people with Covid symptoms and exposure are testing negative a lot of the time, and then testing positive later or testing positive with PCR, and did that happen with the rapid tests on the last waves?

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Mr.GuessWork] * 3
    #27424513 - 08/11/21 06:54 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Put their jobs on the line?

They're already doing that in other countries.

So this is one of the videos that I saw

There's a lot of information like this floating around from a lot of different sources walks of life lines of work etc

It's just fake news?

Cause people kept posting basically making fun of me for not believing what you believe and asking for evidence to support your belief while being given information that was less than satisfactory, and people are in here acting like people with different views are idiots, I mean I went to college and got a degree, all through gradeschool and highschool I outperformed my peers in testing without trying, I mean I'm not stupid. Asking questions and not blindly accepting what I'm told makes me stupid? I also don't fall victim to things like peer pressure in the way all those psyche experiments have demonstrated and shown human behavior over the past 50 years or what have you.

I find it a bit outrageous you people are ready to burn me at the stake because I won't get injected with your vaccine.

You are out of your mind if you think a man like me will lay down and let another man like you tell me or force me to put something in my body I don't want.

Taking my job or whatever the fuck else you plan to do will not force me to do what you tell me. Especially when it's telling me to inject something you don't know wtf it is into my body.

I'm a free man.

But anyway besides all the tough talk there's a lot of videos like this which make up part of why what I'm being told doesn't make sense.

I could start finding all of them if you want and none of them are the "self proclaimed social media ego seeking salesman" you guys make them out to be before even seeing who the person is, their video, their credentials, their supporting evidence

Seems like a big circle jerk going around here bashing people like me who won't get your vax while blaming me for God knows what.

How about quit eating fucking 50 mcdoubles with fries and coke and sitting on your ass all day etc etc 100 diseases so your body weak as shit unhealthy as fuck but I'm over here busting my ass everyday working my ass off minding my own fucking business hardly see anyone in a day and I'm the reason the city is full of covid victims?

You're all crazy as fuck.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Enkidu] * 1
    #27424535 - 08/11/21 07:13 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I find it a bit outrageous you people are ready to burn me at the stake because I won't get injected with your vaccine.

Why is this rhetoric always so dramatic and hyperbolic? We don’t want to burn you at the stake or send you to concentration camps.

We just don’t want to have to be stuck in an office, or gym or restaurant or theatre with your kind, the unvaccinated.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27424540 - 08/11/21 07:18 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

MOD EDIT: ad hominem attacks without ontopic content, please don't do this.

Edited by Asante (08/12/21 07:07 AM)

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Enkidu]
    #27424542 - 08/11/21 07:18 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

MOD EDIT: offtopic resentments without ontopic content, please don't do this.

Edited by Asante (08/12/21 07:08 AM)

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Enkidu]
    #27424545 - 08/11/21 07:21 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

MOD EDIT: ad hominem attacks without ontopic content, please don't do this.

Edited by Asante (08/12/21 07:08 AM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Enkidu] * 3
    #27424555 - 08/11/21 07:32 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I don’t want to stick the vaccine in your arm. I want to ban you from Starbucks. Get it straight Petri dish.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27424557 - 08/11/21 07:34 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

It's getting kinda melty in here.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #27424559 - 08/11/21 07:36 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

These seronegatives are pretty defensive

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods] * 3
    #27424564 - 08/11/21 07:40 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I’m going to start a church of the vaccinated and we’re going to go around the world seroconverting people.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
    #27424601 - 08/11/21 08:06 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

on the bright side, COVID surge pay is back. extra $6/hr

if they didnt do it everyone would leave for travel gigs immediately during these surges because the work goes to the top bidder

critical care nursing is probably the #1 most in-demand field in the USA

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted] * 2
    #27424910 - 08/12/21 05:43 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

After reading the devolution of the last thread and then this, I never should have joined in the fray. You guys are all dumb. Koods is an antivaxxers LARPing as a vaxxer lol. If he was born in the Midwest he probably would have joined the proud boys. Hes literally stating that it's unvaccinated people who are to blame(choose the metric) despite also understanding that vaxxers can transmit the disease. Kinda like but victim blaming. But whatever I'm sure he's got a Facebook study to simulate real world situations.

And whoever the antimasker is, I'm surprised you're even alive. Not cause masks work, but if you can't figure that out masks work from starting principles, well don't go SCUBA diving.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7987002/

Smoke weed. Don't get sicm

MOD EDIT: Given your proactive role in the devolution of the latter pages of the second thread, that's a fine closing argument.

--------------------
[quote]koods said:
Asante, I don’t think we should have any sympathy and should celebrate the deaths of antivax/antimask activists. They are responsible for far more American deaths than al Qaeda ever was. Every time one of them dies ther movement of death is weakened.ut[/quote]

[quote]koods said:
Chasing variants with vaccines is a dumb idea[/quote]

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: paradoxlost]
    #27424955 - 08/12/21 07:02 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Tibet’s spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, has encouraged people to get vaccinated as he receives the first shot of a jab against the coronavirus.

“In order to prevent some serious problems, this injection is very, very helpful,” the 85-year-old said after being inoculated on Saturday at a hospital in the north Indian town of Dharmsala.

“More people should have the courage to take this injection,” he added.

GD Gupta of Zonal Hospital, where the shot was administered, told reporters the Dalai Lama was observed for 30 minutes afterwards.

“He offered to come to the hospital like a common man to get himself vaccinated,” he said

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Asante]
    #27424978 - 08/12/21 07:19 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Why the fuck is he just now getting it?

It all makes since now, hes the super spreader lol

Jkjk evwryone calm down. CALM DOWN!

Offlineextractingdeets
Stranger

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: QM33]
    #27424988 - 08/12/21 07:34 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know why all the political leaders lied for so long about there never being vaccine passports. It has been obvious they were coming for ages, this is the only way to convince refuses. In Quebec you won't be able to go out for beers at the bar without 1, imagine being that much of a tinfoiler that you give up going out, forever, instead just getting a shot

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: QM33] * 2
    #27424997 - 08/12/21 07:42 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:

There's a lot of information like this floating around from a lot of different sources walks of life lines of work etc

It's just fake news?.

You already have your mind made up.

In the last thread you essentially said that you haven’t been paying attention and have no idea what’s going on. Somehow though you think that the opinion you formed from watching youtube videos supersedes all of the peer reviewed and epidemiological data as well as the real life experiences of those of us who actually work in healthcare and deal with this thing that you don’t understand every day.

You wanted examples that masks work, I linked you to nearly 100 studies on the subject, the totality of which show clearly that masks decrease transmission. You chose to ignore the science.

The video you posted may not be “fake news”, but he is intentionally misrepresenting the facts and putting out extremely dangerous misinformation, the type of which is literally leading to the deaths of people who choose to reject the vaccine based on these kind of rants. Why do you believe a random primary care physician at a school board meeting instead of every single expert in virology and epidemiology and data interpretation? Again I’m guessing it’s because you have your mind made up and will forgo logic and common sense if someone has a message that promotes what you want to believe.

He starts off by misrepresenting NIH studies, using the fact that masks don’t block 100% of viral particles and trying to pass that off as masks not working... ignoring that (very likely in the same studies he’s citing) all of the data show masks greatly decreasing particle penetration (with the percentage correlated to the quality/filtration rating of the mask), as well as catching droplets and limiting propulsion, all key factors in viral spread. When you’re dealing with a pandemic virus in a population of hundreds of millions of people, every percentage point of protection is a whole lot of lives as well as economic value.

He claims other viruses like to sit around waiting for the immune system to get weak or “become deranged” in the winter and that’s why there’s a flu season, when factors like people spending all their time indoors, kids being in school, lower humidity etc are much bigger contributing factors. The flu’s level of contagion is also not even in the same ballpark as the delta variant.

As far as the main point in the video, his theory of antibody dependent enhancement from the COVID vaccine, it’s laughably wrong. The surge in COVID cases is happening around the world in places with and without high vaccination rates. He pretends the fact that it’s happening in the summer is proof of his theory, when it’s common knowledge that novel viruses tear through a population to somewhere near herd immunity levels first before going seasonal, we’re not there yet so we‘ll continue to see surges year round.

ADE also has basically nothing to do with a surge in cases, it would mean the person is set up for a more severe COVID case if they caught the virus, not more people catching the virus. That’s obviously no where near being true, almost everyone getting severely sick and dying from COVID is unvaccinated.

That guy either has no idea what he’s talking about or is intentionally trying to mislead people. Essentially every single one of these “Doctor stands up against the CDC/big pharma/Fauci/etc.” videos I’ve seen has been the same deal... people who don’t really have much experience in analyzing research that think their MD credentials make them all-knowing, or they just have bad intentions

Edited by feevers (08/12/21 08:10 AM)

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: feevers]
    #27425069 - 08/12/21 09:17 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Dr John Campbell discusses the science behind the protective effect of supplemental Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) in the 40% of white people who are Vit D deficient and the 80% of black people in the US who are Vit D deficient,

You need Vit D3 and about 5000 units of it a day.

Basically, a large number of the people who need hospital care because of COVID-19 have vitamin D deficiencies and, based on knowledge from other respiratory infections, people who supplement vitamin D3 (not D2) will tend to have a better outcome than those who's vitamin D falls short, and the darker your skin is or the less sunlight your skin receives, the less vitamin D your body makes and the more likely you are to be deficient.

I guess I’ll make my usual post that the data on Vitamin D having any real effect on COVID is extremely lacking and plagued by confounding variables. Randomized control trials accounting for variables have shown no correlation and recent more in-depth genetic analysis of over 14k infected and 1.2 million non-infected people shows no effect of vitamin D levels on COVID.

https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1003605
Quote:

In conclusion, using a method that has consistently replicated RCT results from vitamin D supplementation studies in large sample sizes, we find no evidence to support a protective role for higher 25OHD in COVID-19 outcomes. Specifically, vitamin D supplementation as a public health measure to improve COVID-19 outcomes is not supported by this MR study. Most importantly, our results suggest that investment in other therapeutic or preventative avenues should be prioritized for COVID-19 RCTs.

The results from the largest and most cited study of vitamin D and respiratory illness, which is the root of most of the theories on vitamin D helping with COVID, are frequently misinterpreted and misunderstood
https://www.bmj.com/content/356/bmj.j456

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: feevers] * 2
    #27425096 - 08/12/21 09:39 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Feevers, since you're good with sources, can you find a source that says having D3 DEFICIENCY isnt correlated to poorer Covid outcomes?

Cause it is, very much so, and 40% of whites and 80% of blacks have vitamin D deficiency.

Theres an anti-vitamin lobby, remember that. Billions are made from letting people get sick, its one of the biggest industries.

Quote:

Evidence Regarding Vitamin D and Risk of COVID-19 and Its Severity
Joseph Mercola  1 , William B Grant  2 , Carol L Wagner  3
Affiliations

PMID: 33142828 PMCID: PMC7692080 DOI: 10.3390/nu12113361

Free PMC article
Abstract

Vitamin D deficiency co-exists in patients with COVID-19. At this time, dark skin color, increased age, the presence of pre-existing illnesses and vitamin D deficiency are features of severe COVID disease. Of these, only vitamin D deficiency is modifiable. Through its interactions with a multitude of cells, vitamin D may have several ways to reduce the risk of acute respiratory tract infections and COVID-19: reducing the survival and replication of viruses, reducing risk of inflammatory cytokine production, increasing angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 concentrations, and maintaining endothelial integrity. Fourteen observational studies offer evidence that serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations are inversely correlated with the incidence or severity of COVID-19. The evidence to date generally satisfies Hill's criteria for causality in a biological system, namely, strength of association, consistency, temporality, biological gradient, plausibility (e.g., mechanisms), and coherence, although experimental verification is lacking. Thus, the evidence seems strong enough that people and physicians can use or recommend vitamin D supplements to prevent or treat COVID-19 in light of their safety and wide therapeutic window. In view of public health policy, however, results of large-scale vitamin D randomized controlled trials are required and are currently in progress.

Keywords: 25-hydroxyvitamin D; COVID-19; IL-6; MMP-9; SARS-CoV-2; cathelicidin; endothelial dysfunction; immune system; inflammation; vitamin D.
Conflict of interest statement

J.M. sells vitamin D and other supplements; W.B.G. receives funding from Bio-Tech Pharmacal, Inc. (Fayetteville, AR, USA). C.L.W. has no conflicts of interest to declare.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
    #27425149 - 08/12/21 10:33 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:

I wouldnt be amazed if various rogues used infected low symptomatic people as walking bioweapons.

I think we might have missed a trick in Afghanistan. It might have been a good idea to vaccinate the Afghan people before pulling the troops out and even intentionally infecting, asking for volunteeers, the young virgin girls that the Taliban, who have been camping out in the mountains without a sniff of pussy for years, are making a beeline for as we speak.

You know the old saying "it's an Ill wind that blows no one any good" or "every cloud has a silver lining".

Sadly, for whatwever reason, the vaccination rate in Afghanistan is curently running at 2%.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/vaccination-rollout-and-access/

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder