Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #27565706 - 12/02/21 08:09 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

Mr.GuessWork said:
It doesn't matter if I'm reliable or not, or if I'm stupid. You can look at plenty of reliable sources, but you haven't. You dodge the question again though. I'll post the important part of that criticism again:

The simple truth of the matter is that you're spreading illness that kills and hurts people, and you don't care. Justify that in a way that shows compassion and consideration for other people if you feel like you deserve respect.

Yeah I'm sorry mate, but all your credibility on this subject - in my eyes - has now gone out the window. I'll always respect your advice and opinions on matters of the self and intimacy with others, and I'll always feel you're a friend, but on this matter it's now agree to disagree.

Fact is, you've made so many bloody assumptions about me thus far, when you really know me not, that you're bound to have made many assumptions about the subject at hand and I can no longer trust your opinion regarding it.

I'm 'spreading illness that kills and hurts people' now am I? Come on. Even for you that's a bit of a fucking stretch. I haven't been ill in two years, you don't think I'd have noticed??

We're cool generally. This is a particular thread-confined beef.

The assumptions are just attempts to explain behavior that makes no sense. I'm trying to fill in gaps that you're leaving open. The assumptions are reaching because all the science and personal experience others have shared with you doesn't seem to be connecting the dots for you and I'm still looking for answer despite being frustrated. What is clear and not assumed is that you are putting other peoples lives at risk by not getting vaccinated, and you're denying or sidestepping very well supported claims about how the virus works, how it's spread, and how all that can be prevented. I'm not sure if you're not thinking, or if you simply don't understand what's been presented, or if it's both, but if someone told me "your hurting and killing people", I would want to know why they believe that, and if they had good reason believe it, then I would want to change something to prevent myself from causing harm.

as for this part,

'm 'spreading illness that kills and hurts people' now am I? Come on. Even for you that's a bit of a fucking stretch. I haven't been ill in two years, you don't think I'd have noticed??

That's not a stretch by any means. Asymptomatic spread is significant for covid, and it happens all over the place. That's part of why broad measures universal social distancing and masking were used, and why testing people with symptoms is a shit containment strategy. You could easily not notice that you're infected and still be running around killing people like Typhoid Mary. Vaccination helps prevent asymptomatic covid and transmission. I think the current body count supports the idea that people die from this thing being spread around, and it hurts more people than it kills. What I posted is a combination of a few simple ideas. It should be easy to accept for somebody who understands the basics of what's going on. Why don't you accept it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Mr.GuessWork] * 1
    #27565733 - 12/02/21 08:46 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Vaccinated people spread COVID too.

I agree, perhaps at a lesser rate, but any vaxxed person may still be 'spreading illness that kills and hurts people'. The only way to be sure you don't is not to go outside at all. So enough of the moral highground shit, huh? Or don't you go outside anymore?

Life is dangerous. People die constantly. In the time it took me to write this at least 350 people died worldwide.

It's not my job to try and stop death, so bugger off telling me like it is.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #27565737 - 12/02/21 08:53 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Quote:

So enough of the moral highground shit, huh?

Are you saying it's not ethically problematic to drive drunk because some drivers are killed by sober drivers?

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #27565759 - 12/02/21 09:16 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Is it ethically problematic to even drive a car for anything but absolute necessity because cars kill so many bloody people every day?

So anyone that drives for fun, to relax, blow off some steam, or just listen to music and see the sights is an asshole now because they didn't really NEED to do it?

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27565761 - 12/02/21 09:17 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

I go outside and take risks all the time, but I try to be thoughtful about how my behavior affects other people. with respect to this topic, I got vaccinated, and I wear a mask because I live in a high transmission area and spend time around high risk people. I'm on level moral ground with that, and this isn't about moral absolutes. That's a fallacy that people use to dodge accountability.

The issue is about relative risks IMO and cost/benefits. There's no harm in getting the vaccine, and getting causes a significant reduction in risk for you (which is your choice, but still a plus) and for the people around you. It's not your job to to make outrageous self sacrifices, but it is your responsibility to do small basic things to protect other people. Nobody want you to do the jesus thing. You get vaccinated, and you've more or less done your part well enough not to get crucified for being an asshole. Not getting vaccinated is like letting go of the rope when you're playing tug-of-war. you fuck everybody else over and it's clear who the jackass is and why you're a jackass. You can own that and you can live with it, but you can't credibly deny it. You screwed the team and let them fall into the mud because you wouldn't hold onto the rope. If you held onto the rope and the guys in front still end up in the mud, then you did your best and you get a beer at the end.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Mr.GuessWork]
    #27565763 - 12/02/21 09:20 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Disagree on all counts.

Crucify me for being an asshole, I honestly couldn't care less what someone I've never met thinks about me.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#27565765 - 12/02/21 09:21 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

I never called you an asshole

I do think you're playing a lot of mental gymnastics with yourself though

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27565768 - 12/02/21 09:24 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

No my response was to MrGW.

I disagree; I feel there's a lot more gymnastics coming from the side pressuring others to conform, personally.

After all; you don't see me pressuring anyone to NOT do it now, do you?

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27565776 - 12/02/21 09:32 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

You're not disagreeing in any reasonable way by trying to jump on a cross for being an asshole, and you're denying accountability for your actions/choices. Somebody is going to have to live with the negative consequences, so you really can't blame people for pressuring you and trying to limit your freedom. They're allowed to defend themselves and each other right? people don't even want to do that. you're putting them in a position where they don't have a better choice. you can be free and still not be an asshole.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Mr.GuessWork] * 1
    #27565781 - 12/02/21 09:37 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Mr.GuessWork said:
Somebody is going to have to live with the negative consequences

Simply untrue. There's no 100% guarantee that I have caught it or passed it on to anyone.

Stop being so assumpti...

Oh that's right, that's what you do!!

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #27565783 - 12/02/21 09:42 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Did anyone see southparks post covid special? Or the vaccination special? Fucking hilarious

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: QM33]
    #27565784 - 12/02/21 09:44 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Watched the Post COVID one just recently. Agree, I thought it was the best episode they've done in ages.

Can watch them all here for free (I use this site for all the latest animated stuff, it's great).

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27565795 - 12/02/21 09:51 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

Mr.GuessWork said:
Somebody is going to have to live with the negative consequences

Simply untrue. There's no 100% guarantee that I have caught it or passed it on to anyone.

Stop being so assumpti...

Oh that's right, that's what you do!!

You've said enough explicitly to work with. Constant denial does look a lot easier than thinking through facts and assumptions. I still can't believe you denied that the guy who lets go of the rope in tug of war is an asshole. That's impressive. They're going to have to redo the typhoid mary posters with a joke shop beard.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Mr.GuessWork]
    #27565800 - 12/02/21 09:55 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Mr.GuessWork said:
I still can't believe you denied that the guy who lets go of the rope in tug of war is an asshole.

I didn't actually read that bit. Skimmed your post.

Like I said to you last night I've given up on taking anything from your stance because I wholeheartedly disagree with you and your assumptive nature when it comes to this subject so I'm just bullshitting for the sake of it at this point.

If people want vaccinated, there's no reason by now they wouldn't be. Not my job to protect every man, woman, child, animal and insect on this planet from harm.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#27565804 - 12/02/21 10:01 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Oh and let's not forget the fishes either!!

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #27565811 - 12/02/21 10:09 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

I was just busting your balls about the tug of rope thing. It's everybody's job to do basic things not to turn the whole place to shit.

And you forgot the trees. I know trees is vaccinated now, but he still needs saving. too many people don't care about trees.
This :hug: is for trees.

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#27565842 - 12/02/21 10:33 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
I never called you an asshole

I do think you're playing a lot of mental gymnastics with yourself though

I havent really pressured anyone. I've made it clear I have a conflict of interests because the longer people fail to buy into vaccines, the more lucrative and secure my career becomes. Do what thou wilt, that shall be the whole of the law?

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#27565882 - 12/02/21 10:54 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

As I said last night man:

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Because that's what this thread - IMO, and feevers & morrow aside - has pretty much become; a bunch of people telling another bunch of people that they should get the vaccine, and if they don't; that somehow equates to them being immoral pieces of shit.

Quote:

Mr.GuessWork said:
I was just busting your balls about the tug of rope thing. It's everybody's job to do basic things not to turn the whole place to shit.

And you forgot the trees. I know trees is vaccinated now, but he still needs saving. too many people don't care about trees.

LOL. JSB's are beyond saving, I think. Too much awareness that the world is on fire and burning.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisibletrees
Thought Criminal
 User Gallery

#27565924 - 12/02/21 11:26 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Its just so funny how they equate it to drunk driving. These guys use the most pathetic guilt trip tactics they can come up with. Plus JSB recovered from covid and thus has an immunity, equal or better than the boosters, so how is that like drunk driving? Laughing my fucking ass off.

By their logic they should be raising pitch forks and going after fat obese families and cigarette smokers amd drunkards in liquor stores too. Go after the obese who are spreading and normalizing their fat lifestyle to their families and friends spreading the obesity epidemic, as well as people like koods who smoke cigarettes and spread second hand smoke and probably gives out cigarettes spreading cancer. Youre a danger to society Koods. How fucking horrible of you to spread deadly cancerous second hand stroke inducing smoke you evil bastard. Children die because of you, you child killer

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: trees] * 1
    #27565931 - 12/02/21 11:30 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

LOL what was it you said yesterday trees?

'Fucking owned'

Hella.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale