Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | Next >
OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Enkidu] * 1
    #27423416 - 08/10/21 09:37 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I must be stupid as fuck living in some alternate reality

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Enkidu]
    #27423427 - 08/10/21 09:43 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:
"all or most of the time"

The wording makes an answer ambiguous.

I'd have to look at the data more like who took the poll, percent of the population, more on what determined the x and y axis since those two statements are really garbage.

Everyone was asked the same questions. If you think they are garbage questions explain to me how they managed to elicit such remarkable correlation?

Quote:

Seems like a stupid study that doesn't say much besides what it wants to say butt if you think it's ingenius so be it

The graph does point to the potential that areas that report wearing a mask all or some of the time know less people with covid. I agree.

Well that’s exactly what it shows. It shows 4-5x the amount of covid in the community where there is a low rate of mask usage compared to high rates. You aren’t going to see anything more conclusive than this. Its real world data demonstrating that the use of masks is highly correlated with lower rates of covid.

Quote:

But not really an end all to the debate imo and very much lacking anything that states without a doubt that a mask reduces the spread and transmission of covid.

Because like I said, I've seen a lot of videos of people who know their shit making statements of the opposite and they use a lot of hard to understand scientific reasoning based on studies as opposed to wording contained in that graph that was drawn from a poll and not scientific data

I think it’s hilarious you are absurdly skeptical of published research and you counter it with “I saw videos on the internet.”

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (08/10/21 09:50 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods]
    #27423430 - 08/10/21 09:47 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

These experts in their field who are just normal everyday people and not big shots on mainstream media are just convincing and seem so trustworthy.

These are self proclaimed experts on monetized social media accounts. But you trust them more than the obscure nerd who did actual research and published their data.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods]
    #27423447 - 08/10/21 10:01 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

These experts in their field who are just normal everyday people and not big shots on mainstream media are just convincing and seem so trustworthy.

These are self proclaimed experts on monetized social media accounts. But you trust them more than the obscure nerd who did actual research and published their data.

No they aren't actually, but strange that you would form an opinion on a video you haven't seen yet and assume what it is or who it's by etc.

Obvious bias.

The videos I've seen were filmed by people who were observing what was being said. It wasnt some sort of ego trip for popularity likes on Facebook. One was a student filming his college professor (course on microbiology, most recent one was a doctor specialized in immunology speaking to his city council filmed by one of the other people in attendance I suppose. Not like some random conspiracy theory Joe shcmo promoting a YouTube video. Or someone who has huge financial stake in a pharmaceutical company

It's people making statements based on their professional opinion and particular area of study that are out of consensus with the current portrayal.

So what's the deal then.

They are conspiracies or just flat out wrong or what... Because they don't agree with things being said and the doctor in particular specifically mentioned a study conducted by the CDC themselves

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Enkidu] * 1
    #27423449 - 08/10/21 10:04 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

So that's my issue mainly.

People I don't trust making a vaccine I don't trust mandatory meanwhile people in the medical field etc are saying what's going on isn't adding up.

And mandatory vaccine passes to get places or go in businesses and you guys trust this shit and don't think something is up?

Wtf

That makes no sense to me idk how you can't see it or like I said I must be dumb

--------------------
Within You , Without You

InvisiblePrimal Glitch
literally just vibing
Male User Gallery

Loc: 🌎 Flag
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Enkidu]
    #27423454 - 08/10/21 10:05 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:
It's people making statements based on their professional opinion and particular area of study that are out of consensus with the current portrayal.

So what's the deal then.

that's the deal, science is all about consensus.
you have already made up your mind about what you want to believe for whatever reason

--------------------

make the changa you wish to see in the world
                                                                gnome sayin'?

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Primal Glitch] * 1
    #27423461 - 08/10/21 10:15 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah exactly. Science is consensus yet there isn't consensus.

Hence the confliction and confusion.

I believe what I believe based on my personal experience, the information I've been presented, and based on what makes sense to me.

I studied psychology for 4 years and I've seen some of our human history in terms of manipulation, control, etc especially since the industrial revolution, I don't trust the people telling me what is in my best interest, and what they are saying is counter to my intuition. And the results that are coming from all of this are frightening to say the least.

What I'm seeing being implemented on a social level causes me far more concern than covid which has impacted me and my family and those whom I know very little.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27423486 - 08/10/21 10:40 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

You are believing peoples fringe opinions over incontrovertible data showing mask usage correlates with prevalence of covid. I cannot stress enough how strong that correlation is. You almost never see data that conclusive.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisiblePrimal Glitch
literally just vibing
Male User Gallery

Loc: 🌎 Flag
    #27423487 - 08/10/21 10:41 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:

Quote:

Enkidu said:
Science is consensus yet there isn't consensus.

how can you be out of consensus if there isn't one?

majority makes the consensus, you are choosing to believe someone saying that majority is wrong and they got some hidden truth
Quote:

Primal Glitch said:
you have already made up your mind about what you want to believe for whatever reason

--------------------

make the changa you wish to see in the world
                                                                gnome sayin'?

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Primal Glitch]
    #27423493 - 08/10/21 10:47 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

what they are saying is counter to my intuition

It is counter to your intuition that masks can prevent the transmission of disease? Really?

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27423501 - 08/10/21 10:59 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

A large survey in the UK found that 96% of the population has antibodies to sars-cov2. Many of these people still got infected but almost none of them died in the latest wake. This is what it looks like when you have high vax rates, even without any other covid restrictions. You can get waves of infection but it is no longer a public health crisis. Vaccine>masks

Seriously look at the deaths from the winter wave where cases peaked only slightly higher than the practically deathless may-June wave,

The case fatality rate for covid in the UK for the first wave was over 10%. The case fatality rate for the third and last wave is around 0.1%

This is closer to what the delta surge will look like in the highly vaxxed northeastern states. Possibly big case numbers with very few deaths

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (08/10/21 11:14 PM)

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods] * 2
    #27423503 - 08/10/21 11:00 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I am -seriously- concerned about how many people are under the delusion that "Main-stream media always lies, therefore this random person that agrees with my *intuition* has to be right"

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
    #27423506 - 08/10/21 11:02 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

49 studies on masks:
https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/do-face-masks-work-here-are-49-scientific-studies-that-explain-why-they-do/

And 70 more:
https://threader.app/thread/1279144399897866248

The data on the vaccine is far too easily accessible for me to even waste time digging up a link, just google it. It is incredibly effective at reducing hospitalizations/deaths and has a microscopic chance of side effects, which likely would have occured anyway in those individuals and possibly been worse had they gotten COVID itself. The ones arguing against it almost always have bad intentions or are misrepresenting/misinterpret data.

Enkidu if you believe a small handful of random people over the medical opinion of basically every credible physician, scientist, researcher, healthcare worker etc., the only one manipulating you is yourself. If your aversion to "mainstream media" is so strong that you'd rather live in a fantasy world where the sky is green because CNN is showing you a world with a blue sky... that doesn't seem like a very logical or useful approach to life.

All the data is easily accessible at this point, or just talk to some people working in hospitals in areas that are flooded. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's a conspiracy. Right wing grifters and conspiracy theorists are making tens of millions pumping this misinformation out that is muddying the waters and leading to deaths.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: feevers]
    #27423510 - 08/10/21 11:09 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

There so much fucking raw data out there, you can even test your own hypotheses if you know how to analyze the numbers.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Lynnch]
    #27423512 - 08/10/21 11:11 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:
I am -seriously- concerned about how many people are under the delusion that "Main-stream media always lies, therefore this random person that agrees with my *intuition* has to be right"

If you automatically don’t believe what the mainstream media is saying you are letting the mainstream media decide what you believe.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Lynnch] * 2
    #27423514 - 08/10/21 11:12 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:

The funny thing is that often some of the "alternative" media these people listen to has a far bigger audience than most CNN/msnbc etc programs, therefore making them actually avid consumers of the mainstream media. The amount of complete horse shit that gets passed off as fact on popular podcasts and internet news channels is wild, there's zero accountability and they gain followings based solely upon the alternative reality that they sell their viewers

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: feevers] * 1
    #27423519 - 08/10/21 11:18 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Some of these antivaxx personalities are making a lot of money.

https://thebanter.substack.com/p/how-alex-berenson-lies-about-the

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27423587 - 08/11/21 01:48 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Florida now has the highest per capita hospitalization rate of any state at any point in the pandemic. Even higher than NY in April 2020.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#27423686 - 08/11/21 04:35 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I looked at the first view mask studies and they seem about the same, where they show lower droplets in the air and equate that to lower transmission.

One of them said they found a mask mandate lowered cases by 1 or 2%. Very impressive numbers.

Yeah I mean if you don't think main stream media is literally a tool used to control and manipulate the public opinion then idk wtf is wrong with you.

While making all these claims that the information I'm seeing is fringe scientist and people who have something to gain or unworthy news sources.

So basically if the scientist agree with you then listen to them and if they don't then they're fringe and don't know what they're talking about.

And people are making lots of money off lying about conspiracy theories when I told you the context of the videos I saw. Yeah after the video they had a as for buying some crap to make money off.

And there's no possible way that things taking their natural course or any other factors could have contributed to the data suggesting or showing but not proving through scientific research the UPS and downs of cases and deaths etc.

The only possible cause are masks and the vaccine.

Mrna stock is up 1000%

That's great that because I don't agree with you or trust your "scientific data" I'm a fringe conspiracy theorist.

At least im open to reviewing information that goes against my opinion and belief but I guess I'm the only one entertaining the possibility I'm wrong

--------------------
Within You , Without You

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
    #27423691 - 08/11/21 04:41 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Same reason people think paul stamets is actually a mycologist and the best thing ever.

--------------------
:whyyy:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | Next >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale