Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: reading life's litte signs (and the importance of faith) [Re: Shroomerious]
    #2750299 - 05/31/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I don't understand you, Shroomerious. What do you want me to say? I've already said that you could be right, that there could be no God. Aaargh!! What do you want me to say? I have chosen to believe. What???

Where have I been inconsistent? Show me that, too. Why should I change my views, just because they make you uncomfortable?

Just tell me what you want me to say, and I'll either agree to say it or I won't, and if I don't, I'll at least give my reasons for why I won't. But this is ridiculous. I'm going to keep repeating myself unless you tell me what it is you're waiting to hear.

Quote:

i RED YOUR POSTS AND THE ONLY REASON i FIND IS INSECURITY.And you have accepted it in one of your posts saying that its nice to know that there is someone to keep an eye on you.

I don't get how I am insecure. I'm not insecure at all. I think someone is keeping an eye on me. If you knew me, you'd be glad for me that someone is keeping an eye on me.

If you only knew what I'm like. I lose things, forget things, and get lost, among many of my quirks. I can't seem to take care of myself. I am a complete ditz. People frequently take advantage of me because I trust everyone.

Yet I am somehow managing my way through life. Looking back on it, I don't think I've been doing it alone. I think there's a God, and I think he puts people in my life to help me. There could be another answer, but I LIKE THIS ANSWER AND I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IN GOD AND BELIEVE THAT GOD IS HELPING ME.

???

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: reading life's litte signs (and the importance of faith) [Re: Frog]
    #2750324 - 05/31/04 05:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I LIKE THIS ANSWER AND I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IN GOD AND BELIEVE THAT GOD IS HELPING ME.

I will remember that. Or....Do you:

1)Like the answer and as a result of that you choose to believe by knowing that what you believe might not be true or
2)Like the answer and believe with no doubt.

About the inconsistent part...errr wait I think it was...there:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum11&Number=2402571&Forum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=2396699&Search=true&where=&Name=115194&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post2402571

Also, I red in your profile the letters ADHD, that wouldn't happen to represent Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Dissorder? I did a test I found in the internet and I am very likely to have a certain type of it.

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2750334 - 05/31/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

To belive without doubt is the only way to fly :grin:

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: reading life's litte signs (and the importance of faith) [Re: peleg]
    #2750343 - 05/31/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Carry on believing that if it makes you happy but the way to fly is different for each individual really.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2750424 - 05/31/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Shroomerious, your passion for your position is admirable, but may I make a few suggestions?

First of all, shouting at people (using all CAPS) does nothing to advance your argument. Particularly when debating with a reasonable, good-natured person like Frog.

Secondly, when you are criticizing someone for blind faith, making statements like

Frog, I am not wrong and that's the end of it.

undermines your argument.

Thirdly, telling someone "you're full of shit" will not win you many fans here or help advance your argument. :wink:

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: reading life's litte signs (and the importance of faith) [Re: Jellric]
    #2750508 - 05/31/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I like to think i have followed my instincts up to this point. I have had several different jobs and even vastly different careers up till this point. I have acted on whims and instincts and given up lucrative jobs for mediocre ones. I have invested in business deals and told people i depend on for a living to fuck off. After all this i cant really say my life is much for the better.

I am impulsive by nature and following my impulses often leads me to nothing but trouble. If it weren't for a very supporting family I'm pretty sure i would be fucked by now. Whenever i tell them about my new projects they are very very scepticall before i can even explain what it is i want to do. :smile:

Its not that i have actually failed. Or done really bad decisions its just that life doesn't always add up to my favor. Fortunately i have always managed to salvage the pieces that are most important to me so that i can move on.

I can honestly say i have thus far done everything i set my mind to except sell everything i own and travel the world for several years. ( a long lost dream of mine).

I guess I'm starting to get cynical and doubt that there really is a grand design for me. Maybe I'm just not meant for great things.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2750518 - 05/31/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

First of all, shouting at people (using all CAPS) does nothing to advance your argument
What if your fellow debatee is hard of hearing?

Particularly when debating with a reasonable, good-natured person like Frog.
Is it OK to shout if they are unreasonable?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: reading life's litte signs (and the importance of faith) [Re: Swami]
    #2750545 - 05/31/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2751207 - 05/31/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomerious said:
Quote:

I LIKE THIS ANSWER AND I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IN GOD AND BELIEVE THAT GOD IS HELPING ME.

I will remember that. Or....Do you:

1)Like the answer and as a result of that you choose to believe by knowing that what you believe might not be true or
2)Like the answer and believe with no doubt.

I have sometimes a small nagging suspicion that there may be no God, but I have decided to stand on faith and believe anyways, even as irrational as it may seem to others.

Quote:

About the inconsistent part...errr wait I think it was...there:

(Your cited thread)

I went and read the thread that you cited. I see where you say I am confused, and I still don't see it as being confused. If someone wants to explain to me why they think there is no God, I will listen, but it doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to change my mind when the only evidence offered for the non-existence of God is His nonexistence. I choose to believe in spite of the lack of concrete evidence.

Quote:

Also, I red in your profile the letters ADHD, that wouldn't happen to represent Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Dissorder? I did a test I found in the internet and I am very likely to have a certain type of it.

Yes, attention deficit disorder w/ hyperactivity. I have been studying it for a while now. I have it. Four of my 5 children have it. Except that now I don't believe it exists.

What I think now is that there the smarter you are, the more likely your brain is going to have some glitches. People who are smart probably think differently and their brains probably go faster. Consequently, they forget things, lose things, etc.

This is why everyone has a bit of "ADHD". Just some people have more than others. Usually, those that have more of the symptoms than others are also very highly intelligent.

There may be more to it than this, but it explains a lot for me, when you consider there is no known cause yet for ADHD. The things I can't explain is hyperactivity. That may have something to do with hormones or chemicals or something. Renegade?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#2752181 - 06/01/04 04:24 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

First,the shouting part was a typing mistake, if you look closely you will see that one of my sentences starts with an "i" and not an "I".

Second,it does not undermine my argument.I said it and I mean it. And the reason that I can't be wrong and I have said it a miiiiiiiiilion times ffs is that I accept the posibility of god, Christ or whoever to exist.I accept everything all the posibilities and this is why I can not be wrong.What is so hard for you to understand?

Third, I don't want to win any fans and as far as if this language can advance my comment it is up to the individuals krisis(critical ability). Some people say things that make me angry and when I think they are full of shit I express it.I mean I can not believe what he wrote.Evil generation.I'm sorry but he is full of shit.

P.S.:I don't remember ever using that language in these forums before so I don't think it is something wrong to do when I really feel that it is appropriate.

--------------------

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#2752184 - 06/01/04 04:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've red somewhere that eating meat an organic food makes you feel better as well as exercising...But it didn't make a big difference to me, maybe because I only kept the diet for a week or so.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: reading life's litte signs (and the importance of faith) [Re: Muppet]
    #2752668 - 06/01/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think signs go in the same category as superstitions, they're just a result of the game that your ego plays on you.

Signs come from the interior, not the exterior...

Follow what your heart tells you, not what some random outside objects you've given meanings to tell you.

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: reading life's litte signs (and the importance of faith) [Re: Muppet]
    #2753799 - 06/01/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, take it as a sign that muppet used a randomn example which EgoTripping could relate to!

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2753870 - 06/01/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but she did ask for some input on ADHD...

I think the people on the Hartmann site have it all confused when they claim ADHD doesn't exist because there is no known cause.  Just because the cause of something isn't known doesn't mean it can't still exist.  For example, there was a time when people didn't know lung cancer was caused by cigarettes, but the cancer still existed. 

There are still physical differences in brain structure between ADDers & non-ADDers.  These structural variations have been correlated to about 50 different genes, making it impossible to identify one gene that is responsible.  There also isn't any valid evidence linking ADHD to environmental factors, such as bad parenting, childhood illness, video games, etc., so no "preventable cause" can be found.

Now, if you're saying it's not a disorder, but just a different way of processing information, I totally agree with you.  I'm not "defective" or "fucked up" (well, I am fucked up :tongue:), but I am obviously "different" than most people.

As far as hyperactivity, norepinephrine is the neurotransmitter usually associated with it, but I have an additional theory on where the hyperactivity comes from.  Some of the ADHD symptoms are impulsivity, racing thoughts, and poor time management because everything seems to run together in the ADDers brain. 

Well, if I'm having all these thoughts all at once without any lag between thought and action 'cause of my underactive prefrontal cortex, wouldn't it make sense that I'd be more active than the average person?  Not that all my activity actually translates into getting anything done - I'm a master of running around like a chicken with its head cut off for no fucking reason.

/end ADHD ramble

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: reading life's litte signs (and the importance of faith) [Re: Renegade8]
    #2754891 - 06/01/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you for the input.  I knew I could count on you. 

Quote:

Renegade420 said:
I'm a master of running around like a chicken with its head cut off for no fucking reason.

Sorry, but I'm the master of the headless chicken routine.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2755341 - 06/01/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
Sorry, but I'm the master of the headless chicken routine.  :grin:

Yeah, you win on that one. :tongue:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: reading life's litte signs (and the importance of faith) [Re: Renegade8]
    #2755757 - 06/02/04 02:23 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

not to sidetrack the thread either but is that the nigger's as your avatar renegade? :eek:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order