Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlineragu
e.W
 User Gallery

**official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) * 6
    #27421849 - 08/09/21 09:56 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

it's official, after a couple cool evenings and steady rains, the first flush of the season has appeared in the peaks (just outside Manchester)

not a ton about quite yet, but what was there was fresh, tasty and potent :crazy2: :mushroom2:. oddly enough, in a field at 265m elevation. however, the successive fields at 350m, 400m and 450m had nothing except lots of midges and flowering heather.

just goes to show that it doesn't necessarily happen higher up first.

unfortunately, i came away with more rubbish that I collected along the way than libs. people who litter have no excuse, it is a huge pet peeve of mine. let's all make an effort not to trash our sacred fields please!

also, whilst i am on my soapbox: NO ID REQUESTS on the season thread this year please!!! only confirmed libs..

if you are unsure, start your own ID request thread. then once it is confirmed by a trusted identifier, you can post away here.

it will help keep the thread focused, informative for beginners and generally more enjoyable. otherwise, it becomes a clusterf**k..  thank you and happy hunting :smile:

:naturetrip:

Edited by ragu (08/10/21 11:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGranto
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: ragu]
    #27422322 - 08/10/21 09:27 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Nice...been waiting on this,
will give it a few more weeks i think,

Check out this tool...it might be helpful to some,
its a magic mushroom map, using weather , soil acidity etc...

https://www.magicmushroommap.com/map

OfflineLiberte
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Granto]
    #27459307 - 09/07/21 01:54 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Hey fellow lib pickers,

Here's some pics of the the first liberty caps I've found this season, picked in NW England. They weren't out in huge numbers as it had been mostly dry for a couple of weeks, although it made the hunting over a few days camping all that more fun and was even warm enough to hunt bare foot.

:mushroomgrow:

Edited by Liberte (10/12/21 12:22 PM)

Offlineragu
e.W
 User Gallery

Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Liberte]
    #27461262 - 09/09/21 05:16 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

yes liberte, barefoot foraging is the best :smile:

the most direct way to connect with the land.

i got to do the same in the beacons three weeks back. not the largest haul however very fresh and tasty specimens about :crazy2: the terrain was particularly soft and squidgy, no thistles or nettles for miles. happy feet!

been out in the peaks a couple times since wales..again not masses and masses about quite yet. think we need a good spell of rain and cooler weather to properly kick things off

my second to last forage about ten days ago was the most successful. had the most luck higher up (about 400m up on the moors). an even mixture of very fresh fruits or completely dried, no rotters or in-betweeners. came away with about 15g dried in the end. will post some pics from that excursion below.

went out again this monday just before the current heatwave and came away with very few. all very fresh fruits sheltered in extra long grass.
basically munched as i picked :crazy2::mushroom2:

can't wait to go up dem hills again! hopefully the season will properly kick into gear soon. even if it doesn't, this is my favourite time of year. just getting out into nature is a huge uplift and buzz for me. the added bonus of liberty cap meditation walks and its fruits are the icing on the cake :tongue2:

OfflinePumptruffle
Stranger
Loc: South East UK
    #27461341 - 09/09/21 06:28 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I’ve got a couple of sites lined up locally to me to hopefully find my first ever this year. But just a couple of questions…..

Where I am is very flat, is it possible to find them in areas like this, or do they only grow at elevation?

Also, how long after a rain will they take to pop up? It’s been chucking it down here today, are we talking a matter of hours, or maybe the next morning?

Thanks if anyone can answer these! 🙏

Offlinegedismenas
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Pumptruffle]
    #27461559 - 09/09/21 09:50 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, season 2 first picks for me in middlands.

Offlinefrankiemush
Stranger

Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: gedismenas]
    #27461644 - 09/09/21 11:06 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

hello, i accidentally posted this in the wrong 'official' thread' earlier, so just copying and pasting it here...

hello all, 1st post on the forum, so let me know if i break any rules,
i've had a look through the rules, but i might have missed something...

1st hunt this year, only got 20 caps for a good few hours of hunting, 200-250m altitude, 2 days ago in the north east (england). the area was new to me, so i didnt know exactly where to look,
the area showed up as red in 'the magic mushroom map', (check the map out if you haven't already, just google it...)

some of the spots i checked out looked decent, though it had been really hot, 23C.
a lot of the lower land in the area looked like prime real estate, so maybe i'll wait a few weeks and try again.

sorry i dont have photos but they were definitely liberty caps, i proved that last night...

when i was looking, i could see hundreds of the little round white ones (not sure of their name) which is always annoying!

OfflineChedderfish7
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dorset Flag
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: frankiemush] * 1
    #27462120 - 09/09/21 05:01 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I need to move back north.:mushroom2:

Offlinethewalaw
Mush
 User Gallery

Loc: UK
    #27464178 - 09/11/21 01:07 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Good day picking in the Peak District yesterday! 450m altitude. Happy to see our little friends again!

Good luck everyone.

Offlinefrankiemush
Stranger

Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: thewalaw]
    #27464192 - 09/11/21 01:16 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

if you zoom in to the top image on the last post, you can see quite clearly that these were bought at Sainsbury's!

all joking aside, good find!

Offlineillkelly
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: frankiemush]
    #27464411 - 09/11/21 03:48 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I went round Dovestone and got nothing but exercise, not keen in being watched by walkers and the sheep fields looked too visible to be picking in. Maybe my strategy is all wrong, might try further up the moor.

OfflineHappinessStan
Fungivore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Worcester, UK
    #27464911 - 09/12/21 12:18 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I love that you pick up litter, it really annoys me, too. I grew up in the countryside and seeing litter really irks me. May the mush gods shine down on you for the beautiful work you do to make our planet cleaner.
Here's to a beautiful season of picking libs.
✌&❤

--------------------

OfflineEdGacey
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: HappinessStan] * 1
    #27465505 - 09/12/21 12:11 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Hello all, just found my first ever Liberty caps. I could feel my mental health improving with every 1 I picked , about 25 in total. I found them in a field, no cattle in it since around June. All of them found between 2 and 8 feet from the top of a slope. Hasn’t been much rain here, so hoping there will be a lot more when the forecast rain comes later in the week. I’m in Dumfries and Galloway. It’s all new to me this and apologies if my message is all over the place, find it hard to focus on what I’m writing

Offlineshuna
 User Gallery

Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: EdGacey]
    #27465941 - 09/12/21 06:07 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

First time out this year and got these from my local spots today, lots of rain yesterday.

NE Scotland, low altitude. Graveyard, horse pasture, golf course or the like.

Not many so far, usually more showing near the end of September.

Found a nice spot last year so went there again today. Climbed over a couple of fences and stayed low as there is a house near by. Sure enough got a few libs, but a lady and her dog comes up the hill a few mins after.

Maybe I got spotted or thought I was a badger or something. Awkward... Kind of ducked back under the fence and away, a couple of 'Hi's exchanged and made off. I'm getting too old for this shit. :blush:

Anyhow, good luck peeps, hope it's a good season!

Offlineragu
e.W
 User Gallery

Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: HappinessStan]
    #27466636 - 09/13/21 09:49 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HappinessStan said:
I love that you pick up litter, it really annoys me, too. I grew up in the countryside and seeing litter really irks me. May the mush gods shine down on you for the beautiful work you do to make our planet cleaner.
Here's to a beautiful season of picking libs.
✌&❤

same to you friend 🙏🏼✨✨

i even pick up cig ends and tiny micro plastics when i go out. funny, as libs usually appear just after I put something in my rubbish collecting carrier bag. the mush spirits are watching 😜

@thewalaw great haul from saturday!! i went out to the peaks as well that day. however didn't come back with as many as you friend. was still happy considering the heatwave we had days prior.

from what i did find, lots of deep blueing thick stems to be had. psilocin rich libs,,yum yum :crazy2::mushroom2: i tend to find more of them early in the season most years. do others notice this as well??

check out this one i found on saturday with a super teet :eek:

OfflineEL144
Stranger
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: ragu] * 1
    #27466738 - 09/13/21 11:59 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like not long to wait for the UK... I found a cluster of 4 libs in South Devon a few days ago. Some decent rainfall and slightly cooler temps should get this party started :smile:

OfflineJimDeTroll
Stranger
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: EL144] * 1
    #27466842 - 09/13/21 01:29 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I have had two trips out in the space of a week found around about 100 kept my keys in my packet and if anyone came close enough with me noticing them I was going to put my keys on the ground and then act happy and say thank god I found them.
But you have gave me a better excuse if im almost caught I can actually collect litter and rubbish up the hills and no one would see that as suspicious two birds with one stone.

OfflineMikeOLowG
Stranger
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Pumptruffle]
    #27466983 - 09/13/21 03:40 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pumptruffle said:
I’ve got a couple of sites lined up locally to me to hopefully find my first ever this year. But just a couple of questions…..

Where I am is very flat, is it possible to find them in areas like this, or do they only grow at elevation?

Also, how long after a rain will they take to pop up? It’s been chucking it down here today, are we talking a matter of hours, or maybe the next morning?

Thanks if anyone can answer these! 🙏

They grow everywhere, providing there is grass that is. Have a look in your back garden even. You never know....

OfflineMikeOLowG
Stranger
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: shuna]
    #27466986 - 09/13/21 03:44 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shuna said:
First time out this year and got these from my local spots today, lots of rain yesterday.

NE Scotland, low altitude. Graveyard, horse pasture, golf course or the like.

Not many so far, usually more showing near the end of September.

Found a nice spot last year so went there again today. Climbed over a couple of fences and stayed low as there is a house near by. Sure enough got a few libs, but a lady and her dog comes up the hill a few mins after.

Maybe I got spotted or thought I was a badger or something. Awkward... Kind of ducked back under the fence and away, a couple of 'Hi's exchanged and made off. I'm getting too old for this shit. :blush:

Anyhow, good luck peeps, hope it's a good season!

Hi, I'm also in the northeast! Found a few last year but nothing major. I don't have a spot yet, but have some ideas. Although these are far and I've not really been out yet.

OfflineMikeOLowG
Stranger
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: JimDeTroll]
    #27466994 - 09/13/21 03:47 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JimDeTroll said:
I have had two trips out in the space of a week found around about 100 kept my keys in my packet and if anyone came close enough with me noticing them I was going to put my keys on the ground and then act happy and say thank god I found them.
But you have gave me a better excuse if im almost caught I can actually collect litter and rubbish up the hills and no one would see that as suspicious two birds with one stone.

Superb ideas. Fog is also good!
Or having a pet to walk. (Ok maybe not a goldfish....)

This is why I'm looking to secluded areas, just avoids any hassles. Not so much at the time, but if someone susses what your up to and sees your car....

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder