Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenonamebrandeggs
Stranger
Messed up weed trips
    #2741895 - 05/28/04 04:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

3 or 4 weeks ago I had taken a standard dose of cough syrup (DXM), and a standard dose of Allergy stuff (Dimenhydrate) in the morning, at lunch time I went and took 3 hits of weed and all was fine. Then my heart started racing and I started panicking thinking I was going to die, I was asking people to call an ambulance and shit so they called my dad and he came and picked me up. I went to a clinic and the doctor checked me out and told me I had a nasal infection. I had calmed down by the time I got home, and relaxed the whole day until finally I felt back on the baseline. So I took a break from smoking for 10 days, then on the 10th day I smoked. I felt the same way as I had 10 days ago and kept trying to convince myself that nothing was wrong, it helped. I've been smoking every day since and I still keep having these bad trips where I need to try and convince myself that I'm going to be fine.

My head is filled with fear about dying from drugs; getting bad weed, overdosing, getting infected shrooms and the like. It's really affecting me for the worse. Can someone explain this to me of please help me?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
Re: Messed up weed trips [Re: nonamebrandeggs]
    #2741908 - 05/28/04 04:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Don't worry about getting bad weed man. I believe there has never been a proven case of someone dying from weed. Laced weed might give you a weird trip or something, but I don't think you should worry about that.
But an important question might be: is this the same weed you have been smoking all this time? Just maybe there might be something wrong with it, but I'm no expert man ...

Offlinenonamebrandeggs
Stranger
Re: Messed up weed trips [Re: Calimero]
    #2741931 - 05/28/04 05:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the dying from weed info. I've been getting my stuff from many different sources, including my sister.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #2741980 - 05/28/04 05:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, THC makes your heart beat faster, what a shocker. :rolleyes:

Offlinefits_fits
BLiTZ

Loc: Toronto
    #2742186 - 05/28/04 06:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

dont worry man... im not even nervous when i take drugs..

juss keep ur mind off the health risks or w/e and you should be fine..

c'mon its just weed...
iv took extacy before and didnt even think that i was gonna overdose..

its all in ur head really...

--------------------
BbBbBbBbBbBbBbLlLlLlLlLlLlLlLlAaAaAaAaAaAaAaZzZzZzZzZzIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiNnNnNnNnNnNnNnNnNnN'

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

#2742423 - 05/28/04 08:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yea u got nothing to worry about..its propb some good trippy buds..i smoke tyhose and have the weirdest sometimes paranoid thoughts. But i get over it. "Fear not the bud, but become buds with fear."

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

Offlinemadmullet
Stranger
Loc: Mass
Re: Messed up weed trips [Re: ShroomFan]
    #2742582 - 05/28/04 09:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've had a few bad experianced with weed when I previously smoked. Racing heart, pale face, dizziness, and feeling very very heavy, so much that I nearly fell over were just some of the symptoms that occurred. I don't blame the drug for it, I believe it was my own conciousness. Wasn't in a good environment to have fun, thinking about what bad could come of it, etc. were reasons that this could happen. Just make sure you're with a group of friends that you enjoy hanging out with and make sure you feel great, keep your mind free of any bad thoughts and you'll have a great time.

Offlinenonamebrandeggs
Stranger
Re: Messed up weed trips [Re: madmullet]
    #2742619 - 05/28/04 09:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, hopefully I'm going to have some friends come and roll a fat J tonight, I'll take all your advice and see how it goes (And it will go well, because it's all just in my head, but it won't be because... whatever it'll be fine just like in the good old days). Thanks again.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #2742756 - 05/28/04 10:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If I'd have to give you only one advice, it would be to get information on any drugs you'd like to take, which is obviously not your case right now

What the hell? Dying from bad weed or infected shrooms ? :what:

Offlinemichael_asfr
satanicshroomer
Male

Loc: beaufirt sc
    #12910391 - 07/17/10 06:26 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

nonamebrandeggs said:
3 or 4 weeks ago I had taken a standard dose of cough syrup (DXM), and a standard dose of Allergy stuff (Dimenhydrate) in the morning, at lunch time I went and took 3 hits of weed and all was fine. Then my heart started racing and I started panicking thinking I was going to die, I was asking people to call an ambulance and shit so they called my dad and he came and picked me up. I went to a clinic and the doctor checked me out and told me I had a nasal infection. I had calmed down by the time I got home, and relaxed the whole day until finally I felt back on the baseline. So I took a break from smoking for 10 days, then on the 10th day I smoked. I felt the same way as I had 10 days ago and kept trying to convince myself that nothing was wrong, it helped. I've been smoking every day since and I still keep having these bad trips where I need to try and convince myself that I'm going to be fine.

My head is filled with fear about dying from drugs; getting bad weed, overdosing, getting infected shrooms and the like. It's really affecting me for the worse. Can someone explain this to me of please help me?

When I used to do DXM sometimes I would smoke weed on it and I have to say its a completely different experience. Smoking marijuana on dxm amplifies the trip and changes it all together, but it could also be that you have anxiety problems because I have them.
When I first started having bad anxiety attacks I had an increased heart rate with heart palpitations, and yes I too had a fear of dieing from drugs, but once I went to the doctor and they told me what was wrong all I needed to do is get the stress out of my life somehow.
Anxiety can get in the way of doing even simple tasks. It can make your insides shake uncontrollably and make you feel as if your going to die. The best way I control my anxiety is to not make a big deal out of life's hardships and enjoy the simple things.
Hope I could be of some help.

--------------------
"Thinking is the easy part, getting to the end is what's hard.":syringe:+:heart:=:mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience