Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwabMarley
Twisted Metal Head
Male

Loc: Drunken Stupor
What are my chances of fruit on bacterial/shitty spawn?
    #27414982 - 08/05/21 03:10 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

So I got some yeti swabs and long story short had a bit of a nightmare getting some strong healthy myc onto agar. Decided I’d use what I have (impatient I know, not good in this game) and put it into an LC. Said LC colonised fine and free-poured onto some millet jars.

Now I can tell that these jars weren’t great but decided to spawn to bulk anyways. It colonised extremely quickly, 4 days so introduced FAE. Here is a picture of some boxes:

Horrendous, I know. Now my question is; What are my chances of actually producing any fruits? These photos are day 6 after bulk spawn and 2 days of FC. All I’m after is getting fruits that I can swab so I can go back to basics and do it properly with some fresh spores as I’m all out.

Oh and the strain is Yeti by the way.

Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheMagicConch
MC
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here
Re: What are my chances of fruit on bacterial/shitty spawn? [Re: SwabMarley]
    #27414989 - 08/05/21 03:17 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Well, it looks like it's blobbing up a bit. I think your best bet would be to try to let the blobs get bigger and clone a piece out the middle of one. IMO it's looking like you probably won't get fruits, but it's still possible. Just keep the fruiting conditions good and see what happens.

P.S. looking at the top of the top photo again, it looks like there maybe be a few pins going on there. Could just be small blobs, but keep an eye on those. Good luck:mushroom2:

InvisibleSwabMarley
Twisted Metal Head
Male

Re: What are my chances of fruit on bacterial/shitty spawn? [Re: TheMagicConch]
    #27414996 - 08/05/21 03:26 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Is yeti known to blob?? Ok mate thanks for the suggestion. I guess just keep it going and pray to the Myco gods it produces something I can salvage in any way, shape or form!

OfflineWeavieWonder
Time Travel Sucks
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #27415296 - 08/05/21 10:24 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

:whattefuck2:

Horribly contaminated, 0% chance of fruits. Get rid of it asap.

Offlinemonkey_accident
fail now learn later

Loc: im here, bro
Re: What are my chances of fruit on bacterial/shitty spawn? [Re: WeavieWonder]
    #27415303 - 08/05/21 10:28 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

:grossman:

cut the losses man, sorry

InvisibleRoger Clemency
Smile
 User Gallery

Re: What are my chances of fruit on bacterial/shitty spawn? [Re: monkey_accident]
    #27415350 - 08/05/21 11:15 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Burn it with fire, kill it with fire. :werd:

Anything growing that fast you should already know what’s up. That’s all bad

--------------------
Sour grapes, sweet revenge
Heaven starts right where hell ends

InvisibleShroomerInTheRye
Clit Commander
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Themyscira Flag
    #27415408 - 08/05/21 12:13 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

That tub definitely has mycogone in it.  It looks like it has either black pin mold or aspergillus niger, but I can't tell if that's just uncolonized sub.

They look contam as hell.  If I were in your shoes, I would toss them out.

--------------------
:nyan: <-- Clicky Clicky

InvisibleSwabMarley
Twisted Metal Head
Male

Re: What are my chances of fruit on bacterial/shitty spawn? [Re: ShroomerInTheRye]
    #27415564 - 08/05/21 02:35 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Holy shit, I guess the general consensus is that they’re fucked then! I’ve just cast them into the fires of mount doom. Thought I may have been able to get away with it but obviously not!  :whiteflag:  Ah well, lesson learned. Appreciate you guys giving it to me straight! Only been at this 8 months or so and this is the first major fuck up. Lesson learned; don’t fuck around with shitty cultures!

Onwards and upwards then!!!

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: What are my chances of fruit on bacterial/shitty spawn? [Re: Roger Clemency]
    #27415572 - 08/05/21 02:39 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WeavieWonder said:
:whattefuck2:

Horribly contaminated, 0% chance of fruits. Get rid of it asap.

Quote:

Roger Clemency said:
Burn it with fire, kill it with fire. :werd:

Anything growing that fast you should already know what’s up. That’s all bad

:whathesaid::whathesaid:

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27415575 - 08/05/21 02:41 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Myc Hunt said:
Holy shit, I guess the general consensus is that they’re fucked then! I’ve just cast them into the fires of mount doom. Thought I may have been able to get away with it but obviously not!  :whiteflag:  Ah well, lesson learned. Appreciate you guys giving it to me straight! Only been at this 8 months or so and this is the first major fuck up. Lesson learned; don’t fuck around with shitty cultures!

Onwards and upwards then!!!

That's the spirit!
Welcome to shroomery and good luck on your next endeavor!
U got one lesson out of the way and sounds like you actually learned it. Do it right or do it twice, patience is the name of the game.
Ur well on ur way, keep it up (:
I threw u some shrooms to get ya started (;

--------------------
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.

InvisibleSwabMarley
Twisted Metal Head
Male

Re: What are my chances of fruit on bacterial/shitty spawn? [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27415603 - 08/05/21 02:59 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks man, really appreciate it mate! Yeah I think I’ve been pretty lucky up to this point and may even have gotten a little cocky. Most likely just what I needed to knock me down a few pegs and get me back on track for better things to come! Mostly just a lurker round here but have seen your name pop up quite a bit. How’s the FFU working now Ashtray? I’m in the UK but have found something similar on Amazon over here and am tempted to maybe splash out and take the plunge. There’s not too much over here in the way of pre-built flowhoods and have kind of been dabbling in looking at making my own but it seems these FFU’s work out at about the same price and none of the hassle. You think it’s worth thinking about?

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27415606 - 08/05/21 03:07 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Myc Hunt said:
Thanks man, really appreciate it mate! Yeah I think I’ve been pretty lucky up to this point and may even have gotten a little cocky. Most likely just what I needed to knock me down a few pegs and get me back on track for better things to come! Mostly just a lurker round here but have seen your name pop up quite a bit. How’s the FFU working now Ashtray? I’m in the UK but have found something similar on Amazon over here and am tempted to maybe splash out and take the plunge. There’s not too much over here in the way of pre-built flowhoods and have kind of been dabbling in looking at making my own but it seems these FFU’s work out at about the same price and none of the hassle. You think it’s worth thinking about?

I was in the same place a month or so ago. Thought I had gotten it down to the point I could start fucking around and ended up with 2 matted shoeboxes. But I learned the lesson and my very next grow was the canopy in my signature. Sometimes you just need a reminder that the mycelium is the boss lol.

The FFU is working amazingly so far. I still get contams sometimes on my plates but Im almost positive thats from my technique and not the FFU. Ive poured 75 plates infront of it so far and not a single one has contamed until ive fucked with it.
Im almost positive you can get the same FFU I have from Amazon sent to the UK.
Heres the one I, Mushboy, and a few others have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YY637PV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Heres a thread on it: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27326209
If you have the funds to spend its a total game changer. Its so much more comfortable to work infront of the FFU rather than in my SAB. I have a pretty damn big SAB and it was still a killer on my back and neck, causing me to put off clean work more often than not.
Now I search my lab for any transfer or inoculation I can do cuz its so fun.
Ive gotten more work done in the 3 weeks of having the FFU than I did the whole rest of the time ive been cultivating.

--------------------

InvisibleSwabMarley
Twisted Metal Head
Male

Re: What are my chances of fruit on bacterial/shitty spawn? [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27416330 - 08/06/21 02:56 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Mycelium most definitely is boss!  :lol:

It says unavailable but found a few similar in uk Amazon Fan Filter Unit HEPA Filter Laminar Flow Hood - 22.6x22.6 Inch Air Purifier for Class 100/ISO 5 Cleanliness Clean Room/Mycology Work/Mushroom with Safety Lock https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B093SVWBLS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_AJ4CK9CGCB3DFN6DYQ5J

May take me a couple months to save but if it’s pretty similar to the one you boys have then I’m pretty sure it would be a sound investment! I currently use a no pour agar tek and never get too much contam but I would like to switch to Petries and pouring just because they look so much better than what I currently do.

Appreciate the help mate.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #27416541 - 08/06/21 08:25 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Let that shit ride man. Nothing to lose.

I think there’s a very good chance a couple pins will pop up and that’s it you’re set. In the future it’s usually better to top fruit jars that are really bad.

I actually have a couple top fruiting right now with varieties I only had one swab for and can’t seem to get the myc clean. So much easier to just grab a pin to clone.

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisibleSwabMarley
Twisted Metal Head
Male

Re: What are my chances of fruit on bacterial/shitty spawn? [Re: A.k.a]
    #27416600 - 08/06/21 09:07 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

AKA! You are the fuckin guy! I have 1 shitty Yeti Jar left! Let’s top fruit this bad boy and get some fuckin spores! Why didn’t I think of that!? TC up in this bitch!

Haha, nah seriously man, great input :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck