Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Navajo witchcraft [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2747109 - 05/30/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Do you live more like an American, or an indian?

What does it even mean to "live like an indian"?

I mean, I know Sitting Bull didn't have McDonalds and personal computers. I don't live very much like my ancestors of 200 years ago did either.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Navajo witchcraft [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2747131 - 05/30/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

if you mean do I live more like a 20th/21st century indian... yes, I do.

depends on how you mean it

how do you know.. a pagan shaman might disagree and say that crazy horse was a pioneer in wireless technology

OfflineoDin
Re: Navajo witchcraft [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2759378 - 06/03/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the bravest native American i have yet to meet raised awesome kids, worked, and didn't hang on to things that keep many others down. he made fun of both anglos and his own tribe. in fact i believe he saw through color, reverse and normal discrimination, hate....to see that its time for native Americans to start living the now. yesterday will never be again.

native Americans are no more special or spiritual than any other group, those that believe such are the ones forking out the cash to goto sweats or whatever. many of the more traditional natives think showing the anglos the spiritual ways is dead wrong. myself i have been offered the opportunity to goto sweats, NAC (native american church, for all natives not others, they are the ones that do peyote), and a squaw dance. in the end i refused as i didn't feel it was my place and not my culture. many doe eyed non natives eat that shit up and forget who they are and where they came from.

i used to have some kind of fear/guilt thing, esp when dealing with natives, however after working with them on a daily basis i feel this. I'm no better or no worse...and neither are they. neither me nor the native beside me was involved in the past injustices. thus this attitude of isolation and feeling of injustice need to be put aside for the good of the tribes. use the resources available to them and live in the 21st century.

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hunting Fungi
Re: Navajo witchcraft [Re: oDin]
    #16314191 - 05/31/12 10:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale