Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | Next > | Last >
OfflineDolanduck
Esquire

Loc: Nu Zulund
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: sam11]
    #27402334 - 07/26/21 02:33 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sam11 said:
glad to see you haven't totally packed it in for the season Starting Over. wouldn't blame you, by this time last year it was a slow dribble but still fun to find the odd one, managed to get just into September before inski pulled the pin on this thread declaring season over. I cling to hope that there will be more decent growth but feels like its kinda done it's dash.
Whatcha doing with the amanitas doland?

Collect, dry and grind into powder, then you can make tea and have a low dose for a stoned buzz and supposedly really really next level restful sleep. I don’t really plan on taking it any time soon but thought it might be cool to get some and do all the prep for a rainy day. Wouldn’t mind expanding into more medicinal mushroom hunting, it’s a healthy pursuit :mushroom2: I’m turning all new age and phreaky maaaaan haha.

--------------------

When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - Hunter S Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDolanduck
Esquire

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: masterxenn]
    #27402335 - 07/26/21 02:38 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

masterxenn said:
WTF are y'all talking 'bout?

Das some nek level shit Xan - my best spot is still doing quite well and I imagine blaze & xthrx are pulling in some legit yields from their deep forest grand daddy shroom patches - blaze filled a hat on the weekend - that’s 🔥🔥🔥

--------------------

InvisibleJuxter2020
Prof.
 User Gallery

Loc: Dreamland
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #27402351 - 07/26/21 03:08 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr Piggy said:
Quote:

sam11 said:
Mr piggy that sounds awesome! Glad I don't have to worry about bears though.

Bears always run away.  The one time a bear fronted on me over some dorritos I yelled "FUCK OFF BEAR" and it sulked back into the woods with the most hurt and betrayed look on it's face.  I actually felt a little bad, but it wasn't getting those chips.

Our big danger in the woods out here is heavily armed right wing nut jobs.  Y'all-Qaeda.  Way more likely to get hurt or killed by them.  The lions and the bears don't mess with people too often.  A woman got killed by a lion a mile from where my buddy and I were hunting, and it was the first time in a hundred years.  The wolves have NEVER killed or attacked anyone here, total myth about them and humans interacting.  The wolverines are busy doing their own thing too, they could care less about us.  I guess you need to keep an eye out for snakes in some parts, but not too much.  The poison oak is a bigger threat than the animals.

Fuck, I'm really selling it, aren't I?

:shrug::rofl:

I went to Oregon 3 years ago as my first adventure and it wrecked me. I went in late summer to prepare for mushroom season and then somebody booby trapped this gravel road and made my push bike slip over and my hip snapped in pieces. Had 2 surgeries. People there are insane and twisted. Was trying to date 2 girls at once and suspected both of being on the meth. One lady kept bringing me CD mix tapes of all these songs with words referencing conversations we had, said she was fried from eating 14 grams of liberty caps at age 14.

I eventually figured out the whole place was just a trap I was sent into by this one guy who told me to go to that town. Next time I'd just go to bloody Astoria or something.

M8 DONT EVEN START ABOUT POISONOAK THAT WAS ONE OF THE REASONS I CAME TO NZ. I've had it as blood poisoning all over my body and lungs and it has reverse tolerance so the more you get it the more deadly it is. Funny thing was the same oil is found in the skins of mangos and when I went to Tahiti I ate 30 wild mangos from the skin and then landed in New Zealand and had a horrible reaction lasting 1-2 weeks whole body with my eyes shutting and scar tissue on my face.

And piggy do you realize THIS COUNTRY DOESNT SELL BENADRYL????? Apparently it's too dangerous that it can potentiate all drugs mainly weed. We used to knock back 10 of those pills and then some some weed and get like 3x as stoned. 

I love telling kiwis about my encounters with mountain lions face to face. 10 meter distance. A growl-off. Flexing my stance and then they run away.

Then I was at the train station about to go back but the tickets were sold out so instead I bought a ticket to New zealand. Now I'm trying to get myself back to the PNW in time for November this year, having Gained 1 bonus mushroom season by staying in NZ for 1.5 years 🙃. 

And no I'm not even hunting mushrooms anymore, I'm eating about 2-5 grams of them on an average day trying to break down my half pound stash. Just handing out free bags.

I'm still serious about burying the rest in a box though hahahaha.

--------------------

InvisibleJuxter2020
Prof.
 User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Dolanduck]
    #27402355 - 07/26/21 03:14 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dolanduck said:
Quote:

sam11 said:
glad to see you haven't totally packed it in for the season Starting Over. wouldn't blame you, by this time last year it was a slow dribble but still fun to find the odd one, managed to get just into September before inski pulled the pin on this thread declaring season over. I cling to hope that there will be more decent growth but feels like its kinda done it's dash.
Whatcha doing with the amanitas doland?

Collect, dry and grind into powder, then you can make tea and have a low dose for a stoned buzz and supposedly really really next level restful sleep. I don’t really plan on taking it any time soon but thought it might be cool to get some and do all the prep for a rainy day. Wouldn’t mind expanding into more medicinal mushroom hunting, it’s a healthy pursuit :mushroom2: I’m turning all new age and phreaky maaaaan haha.

Yo I was microdosing those amanitas before bed every night for like 3 months last winter and it was amazing.

Early on I ate like 1.5 large mushrooms and then my friend woke me up from sleep and when he did it was like my dream state continued fully while being awake!! I was basically seeing my brain formations or inside my head as all these geometric mushroom shaped fractals separating into decisions, bodily feelings like noticing different body parts and that all contortions of my actual brain form... q and some dying off as only the main ones reach consciousness from subconscious, then Jesus appeared and told me that he's always there in the matrix so I don't have to be doing such hard work all the time.

--------------------

OfflineGlacia
 User Gallery

Loc: The Winterless North Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Juxter2020]
    #27403626 - 07/26/21 10:51 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Checked 4 of my spots. I think I saw a baby weraroa.. There's no subs around in most of my spots.

OfflineStartingOver
Stranger
Male

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Glacia]
    #27403790 - 07/27/21 03:43 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Got to these guys a bit late sadly, technically a WAH but a hefty WAH none the less.

--------------------
“Inevitably out of the psychedelic experience emerges not despair, not self-indulgence, but wild-eyed idealism, that’s the inevitable product of any psychedelically driven social process.” - Terrence McKenna

Offlinemasterxenn
-~={•X€ñN•}=~-
Male User Gallery

Loc: A to the mutha phucken K
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: StartingOver] * 1
    #27403826 - 07/27/21 04:59 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

These fatties are heavy and meaty as.

Even found a few tazzies, one of them nice and big for a maniana.

Yep. A satiating day

that's only about half of todays Wickedly Awesome Haul on the tray.

OfflineDolanduck
Esquire

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: masterxenn]
    #27403850 - 07/27/21 05:36 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Shit master you are smashing the game. A lot of rain in AK and I’ve seen other species in my travels popping up like herpes in Vietnam.

May I ask what sector of auckland you are hunting I.e north south east or west - my spot that’s still delivering the goods is on the shore. I feel like north and south have been really good this year.

--------------------

OfflineNZ.huntress
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: Wellington NZ Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Dolanduck]
    #27403943 - 07/27/21 07:56 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I went back to the place I got the secos from and grabbed the rest. Took a massive haul of dirt from underneath them as well, containing what I presume is mycelium. I have moved this into a tub with more wood chips and am hoping I can keep it alive.

Dehydrator arrived Monday, did a beautiful job of crisping these new secos to cracker dry overnight.

On another note, my haul last week has gone. I had a few weak teas but never felt really at ease. Tried the lemon Tek method with 6 large fresh secos and could barely stand, see or function. I thought it would never come on... And then it did. Then it kept coming, and the next day I woke up still off my face. It wasn't a trip as I had imagined it. Although a Maori guys facial tattoos outlined in the clouds, forcing me to look at how sad the moon was.. and the moon was sad because of what humans are doing to nature 😥

It really got me thinking about how many annual threads I've read now, back to 2008, and how things have changed over time. There is less native forest, and I saw fungicide in Bunnings this week! The fuckers! Went for a walk the other day with my dog and saw a 1080 warning sign. It really breaks my heart.

Sorry for rant, just needed a safe space to get that off my chest. I feel like I'm safe here.

Invisiblesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: NZ.huntress]
    #27404378 - 07/27/21 02:13 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Masterzenn living up to his name, awesome haul, I've still been having the odd look about.
@ Huntress I recommend getting a scale and weighing your doses to get a feel of where you're at with it. Eyeballing works for some but I prefer to be a bit more precise. Sounds like an interesting trip. Just note that with a bit of care you are able to colonise a lot of substrate with a single stem butt. Do a bit of research on cardboard tek - though word on the street is that straight to wood chip is better (skip the cardboard). Be careful about digging up patches, this spot has obviously provided for you and might continue to do so, but if you dig it up your messing with a good thing. I recommend using the base of the shroom that has a bit of mycelium on it to colonise prepared wood chip.

--------------------

OfflineDraugr Rekkr
Noob
Male

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: sam11]
    #27404550 - 07/27/21 04:36 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

So it's worth still trying to find some? I'm up looking but I don't want to waste my time if it means I'm going to be looking in all the wrong places. I just want to try them and see what it's like to be honest. The last thing I want to do is harm a good patch of other mushrooms or throw out any mushrooms that are good.

Offlinemasterxenn
-~={•X€ñN•}=~-
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Draugr Rekkr]
    #27404567 - 07/27/21 04:44 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Word Sam 11,
That's some SOLID advice.

Seco's are not the easiest to translocate, but good luck anyway. Go hard. In my experience, freshly chipped wood chip can work ok, depending on the ratio of fresh leaf matter. Less fresh leaf matter the better.

Let me put it this way, wood lovers will happily consume long grass. But if the same long grass it shredded and piled up it will smother can kill the spawn beneath it. As the pile begins to decay the simpler carbohydrate structures collapse into a slime like state like silage, and this is what I think is best avoided for the health of the mycelium.

Silaging not only acidifies, it also compacts the plant matter which forces gases out and de-aerates (or whatever the correct term is). Anaerobic environmental conditions are detrimental and be catastrophic with our more complex carbohydrate loving companions.

Basically, the less green leafy matter the better. And if your wood chip has a high amount of tannins, then either time in the weather will help mju

Offlinemasterxenn
-~={•X€ñN•}=~-
Male User Gallery

#27404580 - 07/27/21 04:51 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm? Previous post got weirdly truncated, anyway, to continue:

... And if your wood chip has an inordinately high amount of tannins, then nothing but time in the weather will help hurry thingz along much at all ... unless imagining yourself boiling a huge cauldron of aromatic toxic wood soup sounds like fun to you?

... it's not for everyone.

InvisibleJuxter2020
Prof.
 User Gallery

#27404752 - 07/27/21 07:06 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

masterxenn said:
Hmmm? Previous post got weirdly truncated, anyway, to continue:

... And if your wood chip has an inordinately high amount of tannins, then nothing but time in the weather will help hurry thingz along much at all ... unless imagining yourself boiling a huge cauldron of aromatic toxic wood soup sounds like fun to you?

... it's not for everyone.

HAHA
I always boil a cauldron of aromatic toxic wood soup in that situation. Then pour off the waste and rinse it well then I consider it done. You can do it in the microwave.

Also guys for small amount of wood chips if you really can't find any you can try the chips for smokers at the store. Alder being the best. But there should be some out in the parks.

One tip is find some chips that barely have a little bit of random mycelium growing on them meaning they've been outside for a few months, and then just nuke that in the microwave to kill the present colony! Just dont use chips that are already heavily colonized. Won't work very well.

Just to add some info for anyone building a bin as it is the right time of year to do this...

I believe the mycelium will colonize better if you dry it out before you spread it into your bin.

Won't make as much of a difference if you leave your mycelium in a big clump.

It seems that when it is wet it is prone to just disintegrate. When dry, it almost breaks apart like powder and each piece is more viable.

My technique is to make clumps of mycelium about the size of golf balls. This way the mycelium has some stored up energy and is "safer". But it does depend on what your medium is and the ratio. Smaller bits are more likely to just die.

Next pro tip: if you just raped your own patch to build a tub you can repent by bringing some fresh chips to your outdoor patch!!! Woo ooh :laugh: there are mixed opinions of whether you should then mix the chips in or just layer on top. Both work.

--------------------

Edited by Juxter2020 (07/27/21 07:18 PM)

OfflineGlacia
 User Gallery

Loc: The Winterless North Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Draugr Rekkr]
    #27404833 - 07/27/21 07:50 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Draugr Rekkr said:
So it's worth still trying to find some? I'm up looking but I don't want to waste my time if it means I'm going to be looking in all the wrong places. I just want to try them and see what it's like to be honest. The last thing I want to do is harm a good patch of other mushrooms or throw out any mushrooms that are good.

I think it's worth a casual or even thorough scan of woodchipped gardens as you pass by. The season is waning so it isn't the best time to find new spots, but Auckland seems to be doing well - Idk where you are.

I have a weraroa spot which is basically a stick :smile: with some mycelium on it so I am waiting for some more to grow.

InvisibleJuxter2020
Prof.
 User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Juxter2020]
    #27404924 - 07/27/21 08:46 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Here is a fan I was using hooked up to 9v battery based on idea from I mycoangulo in this forum. 3 batteries cost $8 at the warehouse and was enough to dry considerable amount of mushrooms when placed in a plastic box with the mushrooms and this paper packet of damp rid.

This box was also portable. It's obviously not the most ideal setup if you have a house. But it is very incognito if you are secretly drying mushrooms in your bedroom as a kid.

Next time I need this kind of thing I would actually take a USB cord and cut it near the base and attach that to the wires, I didn't know that would work when I first made it then saw it on YouTube. Then you can just hook the USB to a solar panel power bank. And put the whole thing in the sun, my mushrooms were drying out in like 2 hours.

My first drying set up 10 yrs ago was pretty similar actually but with a metal desk fan and the hanging bags of damp rid which was rubbish compared to making paper packets.

--------------------

Invisiblesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Flag
    #27405189 - 07/28/21 02:05 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

masterxenn said:

Seco's are not the easiest to translocate, but good luck anyway. Go hard. In my experience, freshly chipped wood chip can work ok, depending on the ratio of fresh leaf matter. Less fresh leaf matter the better.

Let me put it this way, wood lovers will happily consume long grass. But if the same long grass it shredded and piled up it will smother can kill the spawn beneath it. As the pile begins to decay the simpler carbohydrate structures collapse into a slime like state like silage, and this is what I think is best avoided for the health of the mycelium.

Basically, the less green leafy matter the better. And if your wood chip has a high amount of tannins, then either time in the weather will help mju

Yeah I have attempted to create about 7 patches so far this year with another few brewing in mini tubs at the moment. I have willow with fairly minimal leaf matter which I had about 8m3 dumped at my place over summer. Unfortunately it came with larry and stinky. Have been fermenting for 3 weeks and making small areas. 2 are secos and the rest subs. unfortunately I'm unable to resist poking around and it seems that there is minimal growth so far. I get the feeling that because i dug maybe 5cm down before putting the wood chip down it has been a bit too much water, hopefully over summer they take off a bit. next few spots I put down I'll try a different method. I had wondered about using this big pile of broad bean plants that i ripped out after harvesting, they dried out and are kinda like big grass with long hollow stems, might be worth a try. thanks for keeping the thread ticking along with your photos.

--------------------

OfflineDraugr Rekkr
Noob
Male

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Glacia]
    #27405877 - 07/28/21 04:15 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I'm central. Around the Avondale area so everywhere is a potential place it's just knowing where to look.

Offlinemasterxenn
-~={•X€ñN•}=~-
Male User Gallery

#27405902 - 07/28/21 04:38 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Draugr Rekkr said:
I'm central. Around the Avondale area so everywhere is a potential place it's just knowing where to look.

I used to get bulk around Avondale. Ever since lock down combined with all this information on the internet (yes I partly blame myself) now every punk is savvy. Auckland central competition is fierce but the competency low, so not only are the shrooms disappearing almost instantaneously, so too are the chances of re fruiting.

I'm pretty sure in some people's heads they are trying to cover up that they found shrooms wherever they do, but they're actually fucking it up.

On the other hand, there's a bunch of folk that really know what they're doing. I can see their handiwork, and I'm learning from it.

Keeping my mouth more shut than I used to. That's for sure

OfflineStartingOver
Stranger
Male

#27405991 - 07/28/21 05:48 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Found a couple more secos yesterday. Was surprised that some of them came through since the council just dumped a big layer of fresh chips there.

--------------------
“Inevitably out of the psychedelic experience emerges not despair, not self-indulgence, but wild-eyed idealism, that’s the inevitable product of any psychedelically driven social process.” - Terrence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale