Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKojo
Stranger

Where are good places and types of shrooms to find in NW WA
    #2740369 - 05/28/04 02:47 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Where are good places and types of shrooms to find in NW Washington, Me and my friends took up hunting. We havent had any luck so any tips would help! Thanks
KOjo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Where are good places and types of shrooms to find in NW WA [Re: Kojo]
    #2740448 - 05/28/04 03:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

FAQ (check it out)

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
Re: Where are good places and types of shrooms to find in NW WA [Re: Signo]
    #2741429 - 05/28/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OOOOHHHH!!!! shut down!

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2741647 - 05/28/04 01:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Right now isin't the best time to look for mushrooms, however a storm just did pass, so maybe youd be in luck.

Dude, the PNW is pretty much the mushroom capital in the US, you cant go very far w/o spotting a mushroom during the season.

Do some research on this board, and you'll find plenty of information. The popular mushroom that is active in the PNW is Psilocybe cyanescens. Do some searches.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Where are good places and types of shrooms to find in NW WA [Re: angryshroom]
    #2742540 - 05/28/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

While P. cyanescens is popluar Angryshroom, the Blue ringer is more common throughout the year.

But then again there are 18 active species in the PNW and as noted, some will appear all year long on and off depending on weather conditions and automatic sprinkler systems.

have a shroomy day.

I found my first mushrooms here in ASeattle on July 2, 1973 sitting int he front lawn of the art museum at Volunteer park. Iwas smoking a doobie, had my 1 year old son in a buggy and was flirtng with a girl and wondering who aI was going to get in the fall to take me Shroom picking for liberty caps.

Well i glanced at the lawn and saw these, what appeared to me to be miniture cubensis, with a blueish ring and all. At the time, Dr. Daniel Stunts of the University of Washington;s mycology department Id'ed the for me as P. cyanescens. Of which they were not.

That is how the shrooms work.

mj

So we are near warmer mnths so withthese rains, there are lawns of blue ringers popping up and someone somewhere might just find a new one with pounds and pounds of shrooms on it.
Keep on sporing and looking for em. They are there.

mj

OfflineKojo
Stranger

#2744741 - 05/29/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Thanks Mj.

I took your advise and just walked around. I found about a pound of poisonus mushrooms... Hey its a start hehe.. I found a couple mushrooms with a blue bruise, I believe it to be the species "PSILOCYBE CYANESCENS" Im not quite sure saying that those usually grow from October through December. I cut them off with a knife, I heard they will grow back that way.

anyway thanks for the tips
Kojo

Offlinehulk_blood
lucid interval
Loc: northwestern Oregon
    #2744798 - 05/29/04 04:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

those are probably the lawn variety of psilocybe stuntzii aka blueringers.  you should try and post a pic if you have a camera.  then well know for sure! :cool:

OfflineKojo
Stranger

#2744843 - 05/29/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Hulk

Im way to poor to own a camera, but I found a pic of some that match mine perfectly

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/safe-pik/p_cyanescens9.shtml

Im decsiding If I should feed some to my dog just to be safe..... j/k
Anyway Ill prolly get a digital camera in the near future so Ill start posting pics of my finds.
thanks again kojo!

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #2745096 - 05/29/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That picture doesn't match them perfectly because you didn't find P. cyanescens.
Cyans fruit in the fall and winter.  You may have found P. Stunzii but that is a big may.  Just take them to kinkos or the U and scan them.
And don't feed an unIDed mushroom to anything.  :mad2:
Stunzii are what you should be looking for most the other mushrooms won't be up until octoberish.

Peace - @cro

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Where are good places and types of shrooms to find in NW WA [Re: @cro]
    #2745235 - 05/29/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hi @cro,

good point abot giving shroms to animals without someone identifying it or to anyone living for that matter.
One one likes people who give psychedelic drugs to animals. Especially me.

mj and I doubt he found stuntzii if he based his id on the picture he showed well that would not be a stuntzii. Anyway, check your pms please. I need to talk to you soon,

mj

And to the poster, view my recent post on my shroom hunting today for pictures of P. stuntzii.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds