Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Where can one go on a long hike and camp vacation? PCT is down again.
    #27399306 - 07/23/21 03:00 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Am going fucking stir crazy.  I though 1 year, fine, I will get through it.  So Delta variant now and shut down again.  And the world is burning or flooding on the A.P.  People take the CDT trail which from what I have watched is the most boring trail but it is OPEN!  CDT.  People just do it for the most part after doing the PCT and the A.T. just to say they did them all.  Blah.  No.

Anyone have any advice to save this second Summer of a long camp and hike.  Am bored as shit.  And double vaxxed but I guess that doesn't amount to a hill of beans, but this is our hill, and our beans!  I apologize Leslie Nielson makes me laugh. 

What is open in the states.  Not getting stuck in another country.  Bought a mountain bike but that gets old quick.  Need that time away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePBJ710
Strangler

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Where can one go on a long hike and camp vacation? PCT is down again. [Re: Barnaby]
    #27399807 - 07/23/21 11:14 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

The views from the CDT in the Rockies are pretty awesome.  Such a huge diversity of wildlife in Colorado as well.  I would imagine New Mexico may get old pretty quick though.

PNT is supposed to be loaded with incredible views, but has partial closures so that may get sketchy
The SHT seems to be open :shrug:

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Where can one go on a long hike and camp vacation? PCT is down again. [Re: PBJ710]
    #27399998 - 07/24/21 07:09 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

"the Superior Hiking Trail Association (SHTA), a private nonprofit organization based in Two Harbors, MN."

Thanks for bringing it up and will research it.  310 miles is nothing just wondering if it costs anything to go on it and goes through private property or such.  Seems like the only place in the nation not burning or flooding.  Might be hope for Summer after all.

Had never heard of it but have the money to go and seems interesting.

OfflinePBJ710
Strangler

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Where can one go on a long hike and camp vacation? PCT is down again. [Re: Barnaby]
    #27400055 - 07/24/21 08:30 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, it's not super long but it's open :smile:

I just found the Iron Belle trail (~2000 miles) that runs across Michigan also - maybe that's more up your alley?  It's a hike and bike trail, so that may open some options with your new mountain bike.

Michigan's Iron Belle Trail

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Where can one go on a long hike and camp vacation? PCT is down again. [Re: PBJ710]
    #27400283 - 07/24/21 12:14 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

No.  More of a large pack within reason and weeks on a trail camp/hike.  Many trails but some are meant for hiking and camping and others, Mountain biking.  Is great living in Utah despite the laws that are really harsh, like Republican Texas harsh, here but is cool to have a few ski resorts that let you fly down the mountain at the level of gravity after using the ski trams up during the Summer.

I shouldn't laugh but in some European country the tram, indoor one, cable snapped and rolled and killed like 15 people.  That is the weird thing about being in nature so much.  One has a lot of time to think about things and have a break from a screen in front of one's face all the time and internet access. 

Someone was talking about how great a lifetime was and the only part of it they didn't like is the death part.  I get that pondering it.  That is such a shitty and painful way to go.  Lol.  Shit I am in a good mood.
I don't take stupid risks but a few time in my lifespan it could of ended early.  Just feel gratitude and learn from one's mistakes.

But holy shit.  That Gondala and a metal line just snapping and dying while it falls 30 feet, not dead yet, but then rolls down a mountainside.  Bad way to go and painful.

At least hiking and mountain biking is amazing how much instinct just kicks in and have scars but never have broken a bone in my life.  In that case, your shit out of luck and bloody well fucked.  One has not control or power over a situation like that.

Just on my mind today as I make plans for August unless there is enough varients and a second lockdown and a waste of time and money.  Blah.  Glad I bought this mountain bike with my surplus money.  Thank you Uncle Sam.

I just miss the people most of all and the wildlife.  The break from society and dull couch potatoes and tennis shoe hikers.  I need that wildness mountain man type vibe and interaction.

InvisibleStanleyTheObese
    #27470021 - 09/15/21 10:37 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

:fuckyeah:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order