Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleKiwi89
Stranger
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: NZ.huntress]
    #27395846 - 07/20/21 10:10 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NZ.huntress said:
Hey what kind of mushrooms are they? (Top pic) I'm sure I saw some of those but wasn't sure whether I should grab them. They were pretty mushy after the rain to be fair and fell apart with minimal touch.

All of what Sam has said above.

You have to get your eye in, once you have found a couple you will find it easier. They are not easy to see until you do.

None of the pictures I posted yesterday show a mature subaeruginosa, notice that the caps become wavy and curl upwards.

What they look like ground level.

What they look like from above.

If you can, take pictures similar to this and make an ID thread. Take some home if you are fairly confident you have them, a couple close up pictures with a spore print would be ideal.

Edited by Kiwi89 (07/20/21 10:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Kiwi89]
    #27395887 - 07/20/21 10:58 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

First official WAH of the season, 6 or so... seems like things in my spots have slowed right down. Glad to hear other people out there have new growth, gives me hope, but also hardly any non actives out either. Did harvest as many Avo's as would fit in my pockets, found a great tree at one of my regular spots.

These were buried under a thick layer of leaves

--------------------

OfflineNZ.huntress
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: Wellington NZ Flag
    #27395890 - 07/20/21 11:04 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

So the ones that are curled upwards, are they subs? And are they mature when they've curled up?

Also what does WAH stand for? I keep seeing it but I'm a noob.

Does anyone know how far down to dig? Was in a really thick layer of pine yesterday, but all I found were bugs haha

Invisiblesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: NZ.huntress]
    #27395992 - 07/21/21 01:31 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Subs sometimes curl up when mature but there are a lot of different phenotypes so they can have quite different features and some people think that there are more than species that we call subs. I'd suggest you go through the entirety of this season's thread, then last years. Look closely at all the photos and become familiar with them and you'll see that they vary quite a bit. You'll also see subsectoids, wereroa, and a few semilanceta. As far as I know all of these can be found round Wellington, probably subs and wereroa are most common ( maybe someone with Wellington experience can confirm or correct) wereroa are found in native bush mostly, subs most commonly in woodchip gardens. Make sure you are looking in the right habitat.
And WAH is just an abbreviation for weak ass haul. It's not widely used, just a silly thing that started last year.

--------------------

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
    #27395993 - 07/21/21 01:36 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

WAH stands for weak ass haul, if you have 1-9 active mushrooms it is a WAH, i believe.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

InvisibleKiwi89
Stranger
    #27396046 - 07/21/21 03:37 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sam11 said:
Subs sometimes curl up when mature but there are a lot of different phenotypes so they can have quite different features and some people think that there are more than species that we call subs. I'd suggest you go through the entirety of this season's thread, then last years. Look closely at all the photos and become familiar with them and you'll see that they vary quite a bit. You'll also see subsectoids, wereroa, and a few semilanceta. As far as I know all of these can be found round Wellington, probably subs and wereroa are most common ( maybe someone with Wellington experience can confirm or correct) wereroa are found in native bush mostly, subs most commonly in woodchip gardens. Make sure you are looking in the right habitat.

Sam is right, listen to what he is saying it will help you out a lot.

Edited by Kiwi89 (07/21/21 03:38 AM)

Offlinemasterxenn
-~={•X€ñN•}=~-
Male User Gallery

Loc: A to the mutha phucken K
    #27396886 - 07/21/21 04:21 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineBingoPajama
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" *DELETED* [Re: masterxenn]
    #27397318 - 07/21/21 10:50 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by BingoPajama

Reason for deletion: Dumb post

Invisiblesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: BingoPajama]
    #27397429 - 07/22/21 02:16 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

scroll to the top of the page and look for "index", on the right side of the screen, click on that. then on the next page look in almost the same spot where you found index and click on "post". then you are ready to post - chose ID request as a sub category.

--------------------

OfflineNZ.huntress
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: sam11]
    #27397540 - 07/22/21 05:40 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

I think the God's have smiled upon me this night. Also found another couple of blue staining flatter ones.
Left a few babies in situ, covered them up with wood chips so no one gets any ideas about picking them while they are young. What do you think? WAH? I think not too bad for me (a noob). 😊

OfflineDolanduck
Esquire

Loc: Nu Zulund
    #27397556 - 07/22/21 06:07 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NZ.huntress said:

I think the God's have smiled upon me this night. Also found another couple of blue staining flatter ones.
Left a few babies in situ, covered them up with wood chips so no one gets any ideas about picking them while they are young. What do you think? WAH? I think not too bad for me (a noob). 😊

Jesus H Christ Huntress those are some real nice subsectoids - not weak at all that is a legit haul and your second species! Have you got your drying game sorted?

Sick mature clusters on your home patch Kiwi they look super nice

Good to see you are still finding some in Ak Sam, my patches where bare or super dry with a few at best on the weekend, hopefully this wet weather will bring them out

Master coming up with the goods too :thumbup:

My Sporas are looking fresh:

They are quite grey tho - could they actually be tassies?

Edited by Dolanduck (07/22/21 06:17 AM)

InvisibleMr Piggy
Big Dick Retard
 User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: OOISI]
    #27397859 - 07/22/21 10:59 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OOISI said:
WAH stands for weak ass haul, if you have 1-9 active mushrooms it is a WAH, i believe.

I wish y'all could come walk the coast here in November, imagine two backpacks full in a few hours :cheers:

--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄵🄾🄸🄻

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #27397933 - 07/22/21 12:00 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Once you find a good spot, your not really "hunting" anymore, your just "looking" or "checking" to see whats up. So anybody who has found a spot producing major flushes over & over again, be grateful. I love finding dozens or even hundreds of fruits, but if i only find 5-10 Im still happy because im not empty handed.

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

Invisiblesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: MpSeph]
    #27398015 - 07/22/21 01:07 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

@NZ.huntress - awesome looking secos there - certainly not a WAH (9 or less technically). I love that one in the middle which looks like its eating the little one inside it like a giant clam! secos are great weight wise too as they are chunky, can take a bit longer to dry out because of this. As doland said now that you found them get that shit dried out asap, this is crucial to retain potency and also to prevent any greeblies they may be harbouring from eating them from the inside out. Number 1 best professional method is food dehydrator. After that I'm not sure what works best, if you have a hot water cupboard spread them out on paper towels in there, otherwise airflow is key. Set up a rack over a heater so the rising hot air passes through them. You need them cracker dry - Once you have them dry I'd recommend making a desiccant chamber. Buy a bag of damprid, fill a big tupaware container or something, use some wire mesh or news paper to sit your mushrooms on, you want them separated from the damprid then leave them for a day or so just to suck out any remaining moisture. Finally store in an airtight container - those glass jars with the flip top lid with a rubber seal work well if it's a good quality one that seals properly. store at room temp in the dark. If you can find some silica desiccant packs (Cough, Number One Shoes, in the safety steel toe boots/shoes boxes Cough cough) chuck them in the jar after drying them the same way as you did your shrooms. They will have already absorbed moisture from the air so you need to "recharge/decharge" them. Super happy that you found some. The blue staining flatter ones? sound like subs, any photos? good to get a positive ID from an experienced eye to confirm 100%. And finally snip off the base of the stems where there is still a bit of mycelium attached and add them to some wood chip, either at home or in a likely looking habitat that you can check on next season.
Doland those angulospora look F-R-E-S-H, also I'm not in AK, further nth in WH, and yeah it's really slowed down here - at least in my spots.
Mr Piggy, don't be fooled by some of our shitty hauls, we get some spots down here which pop. 420blazer xthrax and a few others on this site have some amazing city (i assume) patches that would fill bags and bags. I have also seen some hauls coming out of kiwifruit orchids in BOP and also some hauls from Taranaki that are simply off the hook. I have an aunt who lives in PNW if I ever visit her I'll be hitting you up - though i don't know how ill go getting back to nz with 2 backpacks full.....

--------------------

Edited by sam11 (07/22/21 01:11 PM)

InvisibleMr Piggy
Big Dick Retard
 User Gallery

#27398169 - 07/22/21 03:50 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sam11 said:

Mr Piggy, don't be fooled by some of our shitty hauls, we get some spots down here which pop.

My friend, they are not shitty hauls.  Every hunt is full of awesome, even if you only bring back a handful of actives.  I just want to walk you along the Northern Oregon coast in the cool misty fall air while we dodge cops and rangers.  Most of my walks out there come up WAH, it's just every now and then it's magic.  Deer jumping out of the bushes, sometimes I'll come into a clearing and be 60 feet from an elk herd.  The black bear and I startled each other equally and were apparently headed for the same berry patch.

The right time of fall finds me walking in a pine and moss rainforest that's full of neon green from moss and bright fire engine red from amanitas and many other species.  It's a magic color contrast filtered with ocean fog.

I'm also super envious of some of the habitat shots I see down there and NZ is on my short list of places I'd like to hunt.  Same with picking libs in Irish paddocks.

--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄵🄾🄸🄻

OfflineNZ.huntress
Stranger
Female User Gallery
    #27398419 - 07/22/21 07:43 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

That's awesome advice. I've just ordered a food dehydrator online but won't get here till Tuesday.

Are they better fresh or dried?

OfflineStartingOver
Stranger
Male

Loc: New Zealand Flag
    #27398508 - 07/22/21 08:58 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NZ.huntress said:
That's awesome advice. I've just ordered a food dehydrator online but won't get here till Tuesday.

Quote:

NZ.huntress said:

So glad to see you having some luck. From what I understand they are more potent fresh. I’m really hoping these gifts from nature help you out.

--------------------
“Inevitably out of the psychedelic experience emerges not despair, not self-indulgence, but wild-eyed idealism, that’s the inevitable product of any psychedelically driven social process.” - Terrence McKenna

Invisiblesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: StartingOver]
    #27398643 - 07/22/21 11:38 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Mr piggy that sounds awesome! Glad I don't have to worry about bears though.

Just a few secos and my basic desiccant box. The heat gun is not for drying.

--------------------

OfflineNZ.huntress
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: StartingOver]
    #27398658 - 07/23/21 12:11 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

StartingOver said:
Quote:

NZ.huntress said:

Quote:

NZ.huntress said:

So glad to see you having some luck. From what I understand they are more potent fresh. I’m really hoping these gifts from nature help you out.

They have been life changing! I use them for anxiety and they help me to breathe like I have never breathed before!

InvisibleKiwi89
Stranger
    #27398659 - 07/23/21 12:12 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Everybody looks like they are still doing all right.

Well done huntress, looks like you are well into the game now.

Even with this rain that we are having I have manged to let some of mine dehydrate. So  I decided to harvest a couple of them. 

I usually cut them off at ground level but decided to pull these ones. I am a wee bit surprised to see that I have been leaving in the ground. 

Some poorly looked after specimens, form past experience I know that some water and a cold night can ring them back form here.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag