Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | Next > | Last >
Offlinelaruz
Stranger
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: gone-pear-shaped]
    #27385769 - 07/13/21 11:11 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

that is my jar after 3 weeks and i transferred now into a growing chamber..

when i broke the cake, everything looked fine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGood for Health
Male User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: laruz]
    #27388487 - 07/15/21 09:56 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Not sure if this is a contamination but figured I'd get an answer.  I made two Cambodian Gold shoeboxes and one came out fine, while this one not so much.  I was away on vacation and don't think the box had great FAE then I may have given it too much.  Caps are a blue/green color which I'm assuming is bad growing conditions.

Would you guys still eat these or "when in doubt, toss it out."

OfflineEnjoil
I'm a teapot

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Good for Health]
    #27388752 - 07/15/21 12:51 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Wait until that are bone dry then eat em or make tea or Whatever…They look fine to me.

If they had mold growing on em I would throw em away, but not just the mushroom showing colors.

Offlinemsj
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Enjoil]
    #27389286 - 07/15/21 06:54 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

This is a weird question but I was wondering if anyone has ever put together a list of contaminants that can be potentially harmful to humans, especially those with compromised immune systems?

OfflineB H O
Male

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: SpaceBaby]
    #27389542 - 07/15/21 09:06 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceBaby said:
Quote:

B H O said:
So I made transfers from a really nice look rhizo plate and then shook the jars. During the transfer I felt like something was off about the agar plate.

When I pushed my hole punch into the plate, it felt more gel-like and soft than how my plates normally feel which is more hard/solid. When I tried to lift up on the hole punched agar with my scalpel, the agar stayed in place and only the mycelium was coming up with it. I ended up growing through with inoculating the rest of the jars anyway and the jars above were the result.

(Agar recipe used 10g Agar 9g LME 500ml water. I normally do 400ml water so maybe that’s why my texture felt off?)

I can’t tell whether it’s contaminated or the mycelium reverted into tomentose growth. If it is the later, I was always under the assumption that tomentose growth is a little slower how ever most of these jars are at 90% complete in like 4 days.

I guess I can try to fruit in a shoebox and see what happens, but wanted to see what you guys think.

I've done well with sketchy spawn in shoeboxes. Well being a relative term.

Update: So I’m confused lol

These are what all the jars look like now

I was reading P9’s thread Here about identifying contams or shit jars in general and explained that the random strings of rhizo was a sign for contam and that the rhizo should have grew outwards rather than the whole jar turning white with mycelium and then later filling in with rhizo looking growth.

Can anyone attest to that?

Quote:

msj said:
This is a weird question but I was wondering if anyone has ever put together a list of contaminants that can be potentially harmful to humans, especially those with compromised immune systems?

I’m sure there is a list out there. I know trichoderma is used in some foods. I’ve always heard lipstick mold was a bad mother fucker and you should stay away from it.

Edited by B H O (07/15/21 09:11 PM)

OfflineLuminous7

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: B H O]
    #27389718 - 07/16/21 12:40 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

B H O said:
Quote:

SpaceBaby said:
Quote:

B H O said:
So I made transfers from a really nice look rhizo plate and then shook the jars. During the transfer I felt like something was off about the agar plate.

When I pushed my hole punch into the plate, it felt more gel-like and soft than how my plates normally feel which is more hard/solid. When I tried to lift up on the hole punched agar with my scalpel, the agar stayed in place and only the mycelium was coming up with it. I ended up growing through with inoculating the rest of the jars anyway and the jars above were the result.

(Agar recipe used 10g Agar 9g LME 500ml water. I normally do 400ml water so maybe that’s why my texture felt off?)

I can’t tell whether it’s contaminated or the mycelium reverted into tomentose growth. If it is the later, I was always under the assumption that tomentose growth is a little slower how ever most of these jars are at 90% complete in like 4 days.

I guess I can try to fruit in a shoebox and see what happens, but wanted to see what you guys think.

I've done well with sketchy spawn in shoeboxes. Well being a relative term.

Update: So I’m confused lol

These are what all the jars look like now

I was reading P9’s thread Here about identifying contams or shit jars in general and explained that the random strings of rhizo was a sign for contam and that the rhizo should have grew outwards rather than the whole jar turning white with mycelium and then later filling in with rhizo looking growth.

Can anyone attest to that?

Quote:

msj said:

I’m sure there is a list out there. I know trichoderma is used in some foods. I’ve always heard lipstick mold was a bad mother fucker and you should stay away from it.

Interesting.

my understanding is that Rhizo myc is the myc that promotes fruits, so if there is contams present the organism is probably trying to fruit and reproduce asap to ensure the survival of genetic information.

Fast fruiting / seeing rhizo may indicate contams present. I would spawn the jar to a shoe box and see what happens, you might still get fruits off it.

--------------------

InvisibleSWFL
Gettin' Better All The Time
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Luminous7]
    #27390951 - 07/17/21 05:56 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Is this Panaeolus mycelium contaminated with mold? Or is it just a mold culture that looks like mycelium?

--------------------
Listening to anything I say could be detrimental to your health-

OfflineSekuen
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Australia
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Kizzle]
    #27393188 - 07/19/21 03:01 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Pretty sure this has no contamination. What do ya'll think?

Thanks heaps!

OfflineLuminous7

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: SWFL]
    #27394162 - 07/19/21 05:49 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SWFL said:
Is this Panaeolus mycelium contaminated with mold? Or is it just a mold culture that looks like mycelium?

I been getting stuff similar looking lately and im always thrown off because it looks like really organised mold lol

I think its actually myc though, maybe theres mold intertwined with the myc , transfer a few times and see what happens.

--------------------

OfflineAmazonianMist
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Bright clumps [Re: Luminous7]
    #27394275 - 07/19/21 07:28 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Hi all, wondering if this looks like healthy tomentose or some type of contam. This is the second transfer from a spore print to Agar. Please let me know if any other pictures are needed. Thanks in advance.

Edited by AmazonianMist (07/19/21 07:29 PM)

Offlinegone-pear-shaped
Stranger than fiction

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: AmazonianMist]
    #27394556 - 07/19/21 11:50 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

It looks fine but I would let it grow out, maybe transfer it again, and see if it turns linear (flat and organized). It doesn't need to, but that would give a bit more confidence that it's clean.

OfflineAmazonianMist
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#27394584 - 07/20/21 12:40 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

gone-pear-shaped said:
It looks fine but I would let it grow out, maybe transfer it again, and see if it turns linear (flat and organized). It doesn't need to, but that would give a bit more confidence that it's clean.

Ok great, thanks for the reply! :grin:

OfflineGriNn
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: AmazonianMist]
    #27394912 - 07/20/21 10:19 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys, first time doing anything other than PF Tek. I have 7 shoeboxes right now and a few of them have these yellow spots that have popped up in the last few days. Today is day #10 since S2B. How concerned should I be? Is this just metabolites? I had thought you weren't supposed to see them once spawned. Does this mean I need to up my FAE or mist less? Running Bod's Unmodified.

Also the corners of the tubs keep drying out by where the lid is cracked. Generally do y'all like to keep misting the tub corners or just let it do it's thing? Feels really easy to over do the misting.

Edited by GriNn (07/20/21 10:42 AM)

OfflineSpaceBaby
alchemist
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SPACE
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: GriNn]
    #27395208 - 07/20/21 02:28 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GriNn said:
Hey guys, first time doing anything other than PF Tek. I have 7 shoeboxes right now and a few of them have these yellow spots that have popped up in the last few days. Today is day #10 since S2B. How concerned should I be? Is this just metabolites? I had thought you weren't supposed to see them once spawned. Does this mean I need to up my FAE or mist less? Running Bod's Unmodified.

Also the corners of the tubs keep drying out by where the lid is cracked. Generally do y'all like to keep misting the tub corners or just let it do it's thing? Feels really easy to over do the misting.

Needs to glisten. the light and evaporation are the pinning triggers.
Looks good to me, but I'm too n00b to trust on my own.

--------------------
SpaceBaby
SPACEBABY'S LAGM22 THREAD
MUSHBOY'S SHROOM TEA TEK

Me as a cube

Another Day's Work:

Offlinelaruz
Stranger
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: SpaceBaby]
    #27396056 - 07/21/21 04:04 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Hi guys ! So i had some of the polyfilter sticking to my cakes. everything looked just fine but after dunking them in water for 24hrs.. the place where the poly sticked had a weird colour.. but on all 4 cakes. i still put them now in a box and see the first pins. what do you think =

Offlinegeat
The Last
Male

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: laruz]
    #27396978 - 07/21/21 05:35 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Cant tell if its contam. Edges look good but just inside looks questionable.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: geat]
    #27397077 - 07/21/21 06:39 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

geat said:

I've got quite a few just like that

Was it in cold storage at any point?

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Offlinegeat
The Last
Male

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27397231 - 07/21/21 09:03 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:
Quote:

geat said:

I've got quite a few just like that

Was it in cold storage at any point?

That one was not.  Do you notice that happens when you put it in cold storage? After you remove it?
I do have some that were in cold storage that I recently transferred. They seem to be struggling to come back. Hope I didnt lose all my cultures.
How long can you keep a plate in the fridge?

Offlinegone-pear-shaped
Stranger than fiction

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: geat]
    #27397346 - 07/22/21 12:01 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

That plate looks perfect to make a transfer, depending on how good you are with a scalpel. If you let the rhizo run for a few days, it may escape the tomentose a little more, but you will be cutting up against the edge of the plate. If you transfer now, you might end up getting two strains on contam+rhizo, depending on what's causing the different growth.

InvisibleLovage
Full Time Ding Dong
 User Gallery

#27398533 - 07/22/21 09:22 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

2 o'clock looks a bit iffy but the rest of the plate.. tomentoast or rhizonoserus makes no difference they look good, and even and clean to me.. unless you want to do agar work non stop to get one of them crazy looking plates

I don't make solid life choices though so...

--------------------
Dear God, did you see all the boobs on that guy…

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck