Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
weed seedlings
    #2732492 - 05/26/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ok my dogs first question is, is it possible to grow good indoor pot from seeds out of a bag of mexican sativa brick weed? second my dog planted some seed and they grew, but the light wasnt onem, cause they sprouted alot faster then he thought they would, so now the stem is long and skinny, the stems are like 2.5 inches long, then they have the baby leaves, plus 2 leaves that look like pot leaves at the top, is a seedling with a long stretched stem worthless, i thought maybe i can just trans plant them, and burry the stem further below dirt. any help is awesome thanks.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: weed seedlings [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2732521 - 05/26/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

When and if you top the plant u can root the top part and grow it out.. And yes iv heard of people growing good weed from seeds from shitty brick weed.. If grown properly that is..

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: weed seedlings [Re: Legoulash]
    #2732569 - 05/26/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

what does top the plant mean, these arnt really plants , just newly sprouted seedlings with long ass spendly stems, and i heard long weak stems can be tragic, how can i fix the long weak stem?

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #2732609 - 05/26/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
what does top the plant mean, these arnt really plants , just newly sprouted seedlings with long ass spendly stems, and i heard long weak stems can be tragic, how can i fix the long weak stem?

Sounds like the light source is too far from the seelings. Move them closer to the light and use something to prop them up so that they don't fall over.

***edit: topping the plant is typically done after the 3rd or 4th set of leaves appear. To top simply pinch off the 'top' set of leaves. That will cause the plant to branch out into two stems from the main stem. ***

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Edited by grib (05/26/04 02:13 PM)

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #2732636 - 05/26/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

By giving more light- just start over though in a new location- growing light- strained plants is not worth worthless time. Brick-weed seed can be fine oif the seeds are vialble- Not enough light outdoors- or choked out by other growth- will give you tiny mutated looking plants with almost no bud. Don't forget to drop a few at your local police station in a well lit area. Or a few dozen! I named my own strain- which I have down to a science now, from bag seeds. Good stuff. The mexican sativas you get in brick form (if that's really what you have) need full light and will be tall- bad idea for the discreet grower like your dog.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: weed seedlings [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2732678 - 05/26/04 02:22 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yes, but my dog also cant afford to pay 200 dollars for 15 feminized seeds from a seed bank either, so hes gonna have to figure out how to grow good dope from shitty seeds or hes fucked. his vho cool white floro is 2 inches above the baby plants like its supposed to be. but the damn stems keep stretching, how high up off of the dirt should the first set of leaves be? my dogs plants look gay cause there is 3 inches of stem, then some lil leaves at the top/

is there any place to get good growing seed for cheap, high times magazine seeds cost way too much. all hes wanting to do is grow 2 or 3 good females just for fun.

--------------------

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2733086 - 05/26/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You could move them another inch closer to the light, because you said they are cool bulbs.

And yes, when you transplant, raise the dirt level as high as possible, just under the bottom leaves. Roots will grow all along the stretched stem. You could have an awesome root system.

:sun:

--------------------

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
    #2733132 - 05/26/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

replant the plants and bury them deep into the soil so only the leafs are above soil. Then take a fan and set it on low in the direction of the plants to give them a breeze. A light breeze will make the stem stronger.

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

OfflineGreenNinja
stealth grower

Loc: In a van, down by the riv...
    #2733224 - 05/26/04 04:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

First, Mojo Risin gives you good advice.

Second, not all brick weed is Sativa and none is a stable strain.. It's usually a crossbred nightmare, but if you sprout a few seeds, you will likely find both indica and sativa phenotypes.
For an Indoor grow, select the ones with the broader, Larger leaves.
Thes are the ones with an Indica dominant Phenotype.

Third, after you get the nack of a few grows, Buy good seeds.
They do not cost $200 for 15 seeds. ( well, some strains like Soma's do, but not all) You can score stable seeds of NL or Skunk from reliable online vendors for around $70.
Odds are, you aren't ready to grow a long flowering plant like NYCD anyway.
Stay away from feminized seed. They are made from chemical stress, or may have hermaphrodite tendencies.

And Give those seedlings some time. They will perk up.

--------------------
why must I be like that, why must I chase the cat?...nuttin' but the dog in me.
-George Clinton
and Parliament

Edited by GreenNinja (05/26/04 04:11 PM)

OfflineSkryllz
Resident lurker
Re: weed seedlings [Re: GreenNinja]
    #2733465 - 05/26/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
    #2733812 - 05/26/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

go to overgrow forums and post your question in the 'Basic Growing Information' catagory, but If you like i can still answer any question you have here but maybe not as well as overgrow members.

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

Anonymous

#2733825 - 05/26/04 07:22 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Put a low power fan on those or give them some wind exposure to strengthen the stems.

Fantastic weed can be grown from bag seeds. Local mids are nice because the strains are usually well adapted to your climate. Cross your own bagseed strains to find your perfect strain...

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: weed seedlings [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2733877 - 05/26/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for all the good advice guys, im gonna go burry the stems so my dog s plants can be strong. any more advice would be cool cause my dog doesnt know anything about growing weed besides, you put pot seeds in the dirt, water it, and put flourescent light 2 inches above the plant.my dogs just trying to get some practice before he trys growing expensive seeds.

from what ive heard, weed is real easy to grow the plant part, but the hard part is getting good flowers.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2733904 - 05/26/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

3 keys to good flowers:

Adequate soil area for root growth, as much light as possible, and good high P fert-preferably organic (Earth Juice is good).

Offlinejarofgreen
hyphae creator
    #2733955 - 05/26/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm no expert at all on growing pot, but I have grown quite a few other herbs. When sprouting things from seed, the cause of long spindly stems is a bad ration of heat to light. If there is too much heat and not enough light, the plants assume that they are being covered by other vegetation, and thus put all effort into getting taller so that they can compete for light. This is why putting them close to light and having a fan blowing on them will keep them squat like you want. The fan keeps them cool, keeping the ratio where you want it.

OfflineGreenNinja
stealth grower

Loc: In a van, down by the riv...
Re: weed seedlings [Re: jarofgreen]
    #2734068 - 05/26/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yes check out Overgrow.com.
Tons of great info there.
If you need anything at OG, just PM me. My overgrow username is Ninja

--------------------
why must I be like that, why must I chase the cat?...nuttin' but the dog in me.
-George Clinton
and Parliament

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2737686 - 05/27/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Before (Light far away, No fan):

After (Light closer, 24/7 fan + one or two weeks):

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: weed seedlings [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #2741511 - 05/28/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

my dogs plants kick ass now, they are nice and strong looking and they grow 1 inch every 10 hours i swear to god, cause my dog keeps his light 2 inches above the plant, and he has to raise it every 20 hours cause the plants start touching the light bulb

oh yeah the kind of light my dog is using is a high output uvb iguana light, and another cool white regular flouro.

my dog started his plants in str8 verm inside 8 ounce styrofoam cups,, with holes in the bottom and gravel for drainage. the loosnes of the verm makes it super easy for the roots to grow.

--------------------

Offlineblu3
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Re: weed seedlings [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #2741840 - 05/28/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I definatly need to get a fan.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale