Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesteve420
Stranger
PLEASE help
    #2737550 - 05/27/04 05:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

im not sure but i think my mushroom hunting days have paid off. I was mowing my lawn and i saw two clumps of mushrooms, the one very small patch (about 4) looks ALOT like a panaeolina foenisecii. But i am a novice so im not positive.The oldest one looks very young, but from what i can tell every feature looks right. the cap is about 1" wide if that,it has a dull, light, light brown cap with a slightly darker shade in the middle of the cap, it has a reddish brown ring towards the bottom, but the edges are whiteish.the gills look light brown and identical to any other picture ive seen of the gills of this species. the stem is around 2.5" and has a very very light red or brown appearance, and its hollow.could this be a look-alike?i live in ontario canada and they are common here along with subbalteatus.Any replies will be extremely helpfull, thanx

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: PLEASE help [Re: steve420]
    #2737650 - 05/27/04 06:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

pic, sporeprint, and...You want them to be foen s?

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2737677 - 05/27/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

sporeprint, did they bruise? were the stems hollow?

Offlinesteve420
Stranger
Re: PLEASE help [Re: CptnGarden]
    #2737703 - 05/27/04 06:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i have a picture but this website wont let me add it if you could add me on msn i can send it to you through there. o0o_mr_b_l_a_z_e_o0o@hotmail.com. no they didnt bruise, the stems are hollow and sporeprint looks light black.

Offlinesteve420
Stranger
Re: PLEASE help [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2737721 - 05/27/04 06:46 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i want them to be foen s. i wanna eat them sooo bad plz hurry with ur reply

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2737738 - 05/27/04 06:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

first off, plese don't be in a hurry to eat mushrooms. People die like that. Stick around and learn about them first.
If you do, you'll see that it's a waste of time eating foenescii's.

Offlinesteve420
Stranger
    #2737757 - 05/27/04 07:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ive heard good things about them in my area, there supposedly strong 'round here.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2737872 - 05/27/04 07:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ive heard good things about them in my area, there supposedly strong 'round here.

Strong around here-- Canada.

The foens contain no psilocine or psilocybine so how strong can they be?

mj

OfflineMylz

Loc: Ontario (Canada)
Re: PLEASE help [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2737936 - 05/27/04 07:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Strong around here-- Canada.

mj

That hurt... :frown:

Ever seen the listings for findables in B.C.? :laugh: I think P.E.I. has libs too, if I'm not mistaken.

--------------------
I'm an antidisestablishmentarianist, are you? :wink:

Offlinesteve420
Stranger
Re: PLEASE help [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2737964 - 05/27/04 07:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

they do in quebec and ontario. just cause john allen says they dont contain shit there doesnt mean they dont have shit in them here. ppl have told me they got fucked off 'em. have u ever ate them here? thats what i thought

Offlinepsyi
Stranger
    #2737990 - 05/27/04 07:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Even though i'm a n00b....
all i can do is.
............... sigh...

Most foen are not active.
i bet even if it contains psilocybin, probably in very small amount
I think foen is just not worth to eat...

Edited by psyi (05/27/04 08:00 PM)

Offlinethearmedforces
Disco Shroomerat 4:20

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #2738135 - 05/27/04 08:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Who cares if someone you know "got fucked up off them"? Have you ever heard of people falsing effects in order to look cool? Really, knowingly eating P. Foen. to trip is about as cool as injecting yourself with AIDS. Sure you may think it will fuck you up, but it will leave you with some pretty bad gas and an upset stomach.

[bitching]
This is typical high school (I have no problem with high schoolers, just using that as a generalization for moronic drug abusers) nieve bullshit that is becoming more prevalent in drug culture and is gradually ruining the use of mind-altering substances for those who are educated to decide what they put in their bodies. Now I can see why such draconian laws are forced upon citizens; it's for the one's who are so ignorant that, if let be, would kill themselves in an avoidable accident.
[/bitching]

All in all, don't believe what your friend says he felt, because in all probability it isn't true. I would also suggest finding some more mature friends who have the security to be truthful with you and not try to earn a bad ass reputation by lying about the effects of a "shroom" they ate. It's just lame, in my opinion.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2738414 - 05/27/04 09:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by CptnGarden (03/29/09 12:49 AM)

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2738450 - 05/27/04 09:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

steve420 said:
they do in quebec and ontario. just cause john allen says they dont contain shit there doesnt mean they dont have shit in them here. ppl have told me they got fucked off 'em. have u ever ate them here? thats what i thought

:confused:
Look, please do like I said first and look around the shroomery a bit. It's a nice place to learn about all types of mushrooms. And you can pretty much bet that mushroom john knows what he's talking about when he's talking about mushrooms. No question about that.

One more thing
pan foe=pan foe. period. It doesn't matter where they grew. You think psilocybin is in the dew in quebec? It is made in the mushroom, in direct correlation to the kind of mushroom it is. not where it came up.

If you eat mushrooms without 100%positive knowing what it is you might die. You will get no 100% identity without posting a pic(and with your attitude you might not get one anyway. :wink:)  and you will not be able to identity the mushrooms yourself. I'm very sorry. not trying to be an asshole, I just don't want you poisoned, k?

Offlinesteve420
Stranger
Re: PLEASE help [Re: thearmedforces]
    #2738579 - 05/27/04 10:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I found out from another forum, that it was a panaeolus subbalteatus, and not panaeolina foenisecii. I have no clue why i waisted my time in this forum, instead of helping, you just ruined my fuckin trip. Thanx to those of you who actually helped. thearmedforces in my opinion i think your pretty pathetic to come to a forum to make fun of people probably ALOT younger than you. i wanted help, not a fuckin "[bitching]" from grandpa. Go express your bitter point of view to someone who actually gives a shit man. i wish i could jump through my computer and punch the wrinkles off your face for ruining my night

Offlineqwertyuiop2
qwerty
Loc: Minnesota
    #2738673 - 05/27/04 10:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

damn you guys, how unnessicary, and rude to him. yeah pan foens don't do nothing, but they don't hurt ya either, just gas, and the shits, plus he was trying to make 100% sure that they were what he thought. you could have went about telling him they were worthless in a much nicer fasion.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: PLEASE help [Re: qwertyuiop2]
    #2738710 - 05/27/04 10:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

he was a bit on the rude side himself...
Quote:

steve420 said:

...but I see your point.

I just didnt want him rushing into anything. Those might not have been foens, ya know?

and I told him in my second post in this thread that he'd be wasting his time with them anyway. He didn't have to learn it from somewhere else.

Offlinesteve420
Stranger
    #2739545 - 05/28/04 12:35 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

sorry for the attitude, i just cant stand people who cant be polite. its good to know there are some decent ppl with some good info in this forum. Im glad they werent the mushrooms i thought they were, cause that would mean my friends were bullshitters. and no one needs friends like that.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2739995 - 05/28/04 01:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes Steve420,

I have eaten Panaeolina in Canada. I actually ate them three times there and numerous times on the west coast to find out for myself.

I lived in Montreal for one year at 1108 Drummond Street and St. Catherine.

I also pick Psilocybe quebecensis up on Mount Royal.

And I lived in North Sydney Forkes, Nova Scotia for a few years and I know what shrooms grow in Canada.

I also have Chemical analysis of two collections of Paneolina foenisecii from Toronto and Quebec which show no psilocine or psilocybine. They were compared with a pharmaceutical samples of the actual chemicals at Universite Laval, in Quebec along with one collection of Copelandia (Panaeolus) cyanescens.

The Panaeolina mushrooms were void of psilocine and psilocybine. And the Copelandia from hawaii contained both psilocine and psilocybine. I have published literature in my files from scholarly journals of data of over 100 chemical analysis of Panaolina foenisecii from all over the world and all say the same thing. The mushrooms contain no alkaloids of psilocine and/or psilocybine.

Now. You do not personally know me and while my frineds call me mj,

Then my name is Mr. Allen to you.

And with ony 8 posts here but you know my real name tells me you are some t kinda troll or somebodies puppet.

How does that grab you.

Now!

I imagine you do not know what you are talking about so I will provide you with some shroom data that you probably will not comprehend since you do not know what you are doing,.

SYSTEM: nano - cellulose
MERCK 10X10 cm
Propanol - ammonia 10%
4:1 v/v

N.B. 5-hydroxytrytophan
is the precursor of
serotonine (which is
5-OH-tryptamine).

I need to see how I can post the larger image here so it can be read. with the other info I am typing.

The chromatogram is self explanatory.

In the two Pn foenisecii samples form Toronto and Quebec, the faint purple arrowed in the bottom of of chromatogram is trytophan.

The green is serotonine.

And the violet is 5-hydroxytryptaphan.

Those correspond to the Pnm. foenisecii shrooms from Toronto and from Quebec.

No psilocine or psilocybine in the Panaeolinas from Canada. Now get a life and quit complaining and contribute something worthy of the site.

mj

Ignore the image below:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2740113 - 05/28/04 02:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I want to point out something to all reading this forum.

In a second rude post directed at mjshroomer (me by Steve420, Steve420 says:

Quote:

i wanted help, not a fuckin "[bitching]" from grandpa. Go express your bitter point of view to someone who actually gives a shit man. i wish i could jump through my computer and punch the wrinkles off your face for ruining my night

This is someones troll or sock puppet, this Steve420.;

Since he earlier referred to me as john Allen because he used my real name which means he knows who i am yet he says he is a newbie with only 8 posts.

Someone who is a real newbie here and with only 8 posts would not know my name was John Allen. But as you can see from his above quote from a second post, he also refers to me as grandpa which means he really knows who aI am and apparently it is someone who is already a member of the shroomery under another name. Someone who is a child playing teenage games.

I believe he has it in for me to begin with and that he came here only to to start some shit.

And I can tell.

Have a shroomy day

Mj and get a life

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification