Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
New mobile-friendly layout is live! * 10
    #27374957 - 07/05/21 01:36 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Over a year ago, we gave away 1,990 supporter accounts to encourage our members to stay inside and to help break up the monotony of the pandemic. Now, as some countries begin to see a return to normalcy, we want to make sure the Shroomery is ready to head back out into the world with you. After being a top request for years, and with help from our awesome testers, today we are pleased to finally launch proper mobile support! You don't have to do anything, it is already enabled for your account. Read on for more information about this feature, and to get responses to some anticipated concerns.

So what's new?

The Shroomery now uses a responsive layout, which automatically adjusts its appearance for different sized devices to provide an interface that's tailored to the available screen space. If you're viewing the site on a desktop computer then very little should change; we went to great lengths not to "fix" anything that wasn't broken. However, if you shrink down your browser window, or view the site on a phone or other device with a small screen, it will automatically resize and rearrange the page elements to be more usable.

Why was this update necessary?

The world has changed since the Shroomery launched in 1997. Half of our visitors are now using mobile devices. Our layout has served us well for many years, but it was not designed for very small screens. When you visit us on a phone in portrait mode, you're greeted by this tiny page that requires extensive zooming and scrolling to even be usable. Members who are comfortable with the desktop site may be forgiving and accommodating about these limitations, but mobile guests who are new to the Shroomery might just abandon the site immediately. If we had this kind of display problem on Windows PCs, or Apple laptops, we would be scrambling for a fix. It's time we give mobile visitors the same priority, show them they're welcome on the site, and help revitalize the Shroomery and stay relevant for many years to come!

Does this change only benefit mobile users?

The main goal of this update was to improve the mobile viewing experience without affecting desktop users. However, some enhancements benefit everyone. For example, we wanted to make sure people could switch between their phone and PC without losing track of which posts they've read. So we've improved the code which syncs your forum activity across multiple simultaneous logins. This helps mobile users, but also anyone who visits the site using more than one computer. The same goes for our improved image assets, which will give the site a sharper look on any device with a high DPI display, not just phones. There have been various small technical improvements which you may notice regardless of your device.

Ugh I hate the change!

I understand that people have built up certain habits and muscle memory based on the old layout, and this update affects the way they interact with the site on mobile. I personally hate change just for the sake of change, but this really was an important and necessary improvement for a large group of people. I strongly encourage you to give the new layout a fair shake, and see if you find yourself enjoying the improved ease of navigation and more efficient use of screen space once you get past the initial adjustment period.

If there are still things that bother you even after some time, we'd really appreciate it if you would post a detailed description of what you don't like. We will try to find a solution to your complaint, and this valuable feedback will help improve the mobile experience for everyone. Next, you may wish to enable the "Desktop Site" toggle in your mobile browser's options menu. This will still use the new layout, but it will zoom out the page, similar to how it looked before the update. This is the recommended and supported way to retain the old browsing experience.

As a last resort, you can disable the updated layout and fully revert the Shroomery to its old behavior. To do this, go to your display preferences and change the option "Enable responsive layout?" to "No". However, please note this option is intended as a last resort. I'll try to keep supporting it as long as I reasonably can, but it may break in the future. If you decide to use it, please take a moment to tell us why.

I actually like the change!

Awesome! I know we've been neglecting mobile devices for way too long. Our loyal mobile users have been extremely patient, and I wanted to deliver something that would offer them real improvements in usability without sacrificing the familiar look and feel of the Shroomery. Now that the update is live, please help spread the word online and in real life! There's never been a better time to recommend the Shroomery, knowing that we'll serve up an optimized viewing experience for every visitor on every device.

Is anything more in the works?

This was a big update, but it focused on one specific area: the site's appearance on mobile. It didn't do anything to modernize the underlying code, much of which dates back to 2005 and earlier. Our long-term goal is to transfer the site to a modern, managed platform. But that's a big project, and this is something that mobile visitors can start using immediately. We look forward to further refining this mobile design concept, addressing additional longstanding issues and requests, and bringing you the next evolution of the site when it's ready. Thanks for being part of our journey! :cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Ythan] * 1
    #27374975 - 07/05/21 01:48 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Sweet! I left the site for 2 seconds and it's completely changed ...
I may have been the first one to experience it going live :awehigh:

--------------------
Let's go to the growery  ....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

InvisibleModularMind
M.P.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #27375003 - 07/05/21 02:12 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

:angryguy:

Looks good to me.

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: spirit_shadow] * 2
    #27375028 - 07/05/21 02:36 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Wow I'm sorry people bother you about mobile layout. They must really have hard lives.

Switched back to old layout, I've never heard any real complaints about mobile.  I bet if you did it's from a few whiny people.

I'll be disappointed if we're forced to use this 'responsive layout',  sad to see you'll 'support as long as you can', when it's worked fine for decades.

I get the need to 'upgrade' but seems like an entirely make work sinario, the idea that because people have to scroll means users so just leave the shroomery is not sound at all. Can you list any real number of linkable examples of user complaints saying they had to scroll to use the website on mobile and that it's so hard they're leaving? Or it just a made up idea you think people have or some person told you that's true?

Making it a 'modern managed platform'?,  it's a forum where people post mushroom pics and make phallic jokes, it doesn't need to be modernized. Having been a mobile user all along and having made 6,000 posts I can tell you it's fine and you would likely find better use of your time on other things.

All love to the shroomery, love the site, just being honest. At the very least support the old layout indefinitely, all I see that the formatting and zooming has changed. I do not see how this is nessecary or effectively changes the relivence on the shroomery comparable to if you'd used your time in other directions to promote the site.

No need to be 'smart' . It's not broken don't fix it ect. But if you're gonna make it a 'smart layout's at least don't force us to use it, cause like you said in your post outlining it, I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking what the fuck? Only because I have high hopes for the shroomery and think we could be doing way more things to stay relivent than auto zoom on mobile browsing feature which to me is worse than a nothing burger it's like a nothing burger with glitter on it. Best analogy I could think of while on the toilet.

Tl;dr: cool, I guess? but don't make us use it.

:peace::heart:

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

Offlinetaku
° shapeshifter ∆
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: filthyknees]
    #27375057 - 07/05/21 03:03 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Looks great. Thanks Ythan and Shroomery crew!

:carlton:

--------------------

Offlinetututotutut
You...! You're not me!
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: taku]
    #27375064 - 07/05/21 03:08 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

This is great! Much easier to read thanks y'all!!!

--------------------
yeah keep telling yourself that's voluntary

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #27375065 - 07/05/21 03:10 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Is this why the layout is broken?

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: united states Flag
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: koods] * 1
    #27375072 - 07/05/21 03:14 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

I dont like change

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: koods] * 2
    #27375075 - 07/05/21 03:15 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

I didnt like it at first.....BUT it is quickly growing on me. It's just for over a decade that muscle memory is engraved in the old brian:awehigh:

--------------------
Let's go to the growery  ....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflineBig_DubS
waiting
Male

Loc: Los Angeles Flag
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: koods]
    #27375083 - 07/05/21 03:18 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

:vibin:

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Big_Dub] * 3
    #27375094 - 07/05/21 03:37 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

It'll take at least 1 day to get used to but seems fine. I'm sure once adjusted I'll be like "why did I tolerate pinching and zooming every 5 seconds or holding phone to my face?":shrug:

Actually it's showing superiority already just writing this out.

And my 2800th post to say so. :awesomenod:

Edited by Smartattack (07/05/21 03:39 PM)

Offlinebloodycarcass
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: the sticks in GA
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Smartattack] * 1
    #27375120 - 07/05/21 03:56 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

I had no issues with the old layout on mobile. 
Swapped it back to the old one.  Was confused why everything was so huge.
Even with the new mobile layout you have to scroll through everything even more than just zooming in on what you wanted:shrug:

--------------------
Back at it like a crack addict, with asthmatic lung disease

OfflineBig_DubS
waiting
Male

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: bloodycarcass]
    #27375138 - 07/05/21 04:09 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Try using the find in page/  find feature to "scroll" to top, not ideal, but significantly better.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Big_Dub]
    #27375183 - 07/05/21 04:45 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Is this really the way this is supposed to look?

The old layout was perfectly fine. This new one is a mess

--------------------

Edited by koods (07/05/21 04:47 PM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27375210 - 07/05/21 05:01 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Everything is cropped perfectly on mine :shrug:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflineBig_DubS
waiting
Male

#27375211 - 07/05/21 05:01 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

I still get occasionaly bad formatting like koods

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27375215 - 07/05/21 05:04 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Big_Dub said:

Maybe if you guys stopped using your toasters and refrigerators for socializing then maybe formatting wouldnt be a problem :p

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27375235 - 07/05/21 05:14 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:

The old layout was perfectly fine. This new one is a mess

That's fucked. RIP

OfflineBig_DubS
waiting
Male

#27375236 - 07/05/21 05:14 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Quote:

Big_Dub said:

Maybe if you guys stopped using your toasters and refrigerators for socializing then maybe formatting wouldnt be a problem :p

Lolol I'm on a brand new note 20

OfflineBig_DubS
waiting
Male

#27375247 - 07/05/21 05:21 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Big_Dub said:
Try using the find in page/  find feature to "scroll" to top, not ideal, but significantly better.

But a go to top button would be so nice Ythan
Maybe after edit, quick reply, reply....

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
    #27375254 - 07/05/21 05:30 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

I Don't Like It Either, How Do I Change It Back To The Old Layout?

Edit: Yeah I Can't Figure Out How To Change It Back, I Clicked On The Link & I Don't See The Option.

Please Somebody Explain, I'd Rather Squint & Zoom, I Don't Mind Change, But I Don't Like This New Layout.

Edit #2: Nvm, I Found It, Im Blind.

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

Edited by MpSeph (07/05/21 05:51 PM)

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

#27375263 - 07/05/21 05:40 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Big_Dub said:

I've added this, I put it at the bottom where there's a little more space:

Quote:

koods said:

Lol, no that's definitely not the intended appearance :blush:, what browser/version is that? Does it look like that on every page or only sometimes? If you use the browser option to request the desktop version of the site does it display more like you expect?

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Ythan]
    #27375273 - 07/05/21 05:49 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

If You Want To Change Something & Make Something Easier, For The Better Of The Whole Website. Change The Difficulty Of Uploading & Sharing Pics, It Takes Forever.

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: MpSeph]
    #27375285 - 07/05/21 06:03 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

AHHHHHHHHH. Thank you. I'm still getting used to it but it's so much better.

OfflineBig_DubS
waiting
Male

#27375286 - 07/05/21 06:03 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Awesome! :smile:

This is so much better already! Great work!

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27375306 - 07/05/21 06:21 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Big_Dub said:
Quote:

Big_Dub said:

There is one...

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Smartattack] * 2
    #27375308 - 07/05/21 06:24 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

My only gripe would be enlarging the top row links. Like "threads" "messages" etc. Instead of the crap no one uses being bigger. I give no shits about the growery random or whos on line.

InvisibleDrboomer
The lord magnificent
I'm a teapot

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Smartattack]
    #27375309 - 07/05/21 06:24 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

I like it less zooming and such.

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Drboomer]
    #27375372 - 07/05/21 07:23 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

I posted this in the other thread but I will post it here also.

I found another issue with the mobile. When I go to edit my profile to edit my signature, I can no longer add a title to my link. When I click on the globe/link it highlights it but doesn't show the drop down URL: and Title: boxes menu.

OfflineQuirkmeister92
Street Doctor
 User Gallery

Loc: Grateful Dead USA
    #27375466 - 07/05/21 08:29 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Drboomer said:
I like it less zooming and such.

The zooming is the best part of classic mode!

I switched back tbh, it was easy enough.:thumbup:

--------------------
Team wheat...
Quirks Tub Prep

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Quirkmeister92] * 4
    #27375512 - 07/05/21 08:51 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Oooh  ythan, I have an idea :awehigh: you should build a shroomery swimming pool out of all the whiny baby tears :house:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflineQuirkmeister92
Street Doctor
 User Gallery

Loc: Grateful Dead USA
    #27375513 - 07/05/21 08:52 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

:canthelpbutlaugh:

--------------------
Team wheat...
Quirks Tub Prep

Offlinefeevers
Male User Gallery

#27375530 - 07/05/21 09:03 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
My only gripe would be enlarging the top row links. Like "threads" "messages" etc. Instead of the crap no one uses being bigger. I give no shits about the growery random or whos on line.

Yea when I log on like 50% of the page is those links I never click

I'd guess that pretty much no one is using best posts, galleries, user list, calendar, random, growery etc... so probably don't need to make links to them the centerpiece of the forum if we're trying to be more user friendly

The thread info looks a little cluttered when scrolling through subs too with 5-6 lines of text for each thread and the next thread immediately below.

Liking the changes otherwise though. I was super used to the zooming, but it was unnecessary and I'll get used to this version quickly enough.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: feevers]
    #27375536 - 07/05/21 09:06 PM (4 months, 24 days ago)

The only thing that is still kinda bugging me is when I go to the threads page the posters avatar is no longer on the right side.....it fucks with me so hard lol

Edit: I'm not saying it is bad by the way. Just saying it is fucking with me lol

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

Edited by spirit_shadow (07/05/21 09:06 PM)

InvisibleCHUCK.HNTR
feral urbanite
Male

Loc: SF, CA, USA
    #27375766 - 07/06/21 02:14 AM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Mine looks like koods too can’t seem to fix it.
I had no problems with the old version

Edit: was able to go back to the old way via settings thanks.

--------------------
"What is the practical application of a million universes?" -Alan Watts
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Edited by CHUCK.HNTR (07/06/21 02:22 AM)

OfflineBlueHeelers
BlueBlood
 User Gallery

Loc: Canberra Flag
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: CHUCK.HNTR]
    #27375771 - 07/06/21 02:22 AM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Just noticed the new mobile layout and now this thread.

Thanks heaps for the effort that has gone into it (directed toward whomever may possibly have had a helping hand in it all - you know who you are!) :smile:

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: CHUCK.HNTR] * 1
    #27375805 - 07/06/21 03:48 AM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

CHUCK.HNTR said:
Quote:

koods said:

Mine looks like koods too can’t seem to fix it.
I had no problems with the old version

Edit: was able to go back to the old way via settings thanks.

Guys, I'm so embarrassed. I got a subscription to BrowserStack so I could test on the same devices you're using, and I was finally able to reproduce the display bug you were all reporting on iOS. It really was broken, I don't blame you for being miffed at the "new redesign". It should be fixed now. I checked all the way back to an iPhone 5s. It was just a 1 line code change. If you want to try re-enabling responsive mode, you may still not be a fan of the new appearance, but at least you can properly evaluate what it's supposed to look like. It's very late now but I'm going to spend more time tomorrow making sure there's nothing out of place on iOS.

I want to sincerely THANK YOU all so much everyone who reported this. It pushed me to investigate further and find a simple fix. That was a really ugly look we had going on for Apple users and I'm glad it's displaying properly now.

Offlineherbnmyco
 User Gallery

Loc: West Coast
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: BlueHeelers]
    #27375809 - 07/06/21 03:53 AM (4 months, 24 days ago)

You can go to your browser settings and turn on request desktop site for the old layout. Takes me 2 seconds

--------------------

InvisibleThe Thing
ТнغТнརиو
 User Gallery

Loc: АبšТядL།å
    #27375844 - 07/06/21 05:05 AM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
I checked all the way back to an iPhone 5s.

Every post i've made has been from my tiny iphone 5se, three and a bit years worth. Suffice to say I'm loving the new version, thanks ythan.

--------------------
ΔΔΔ

InvisibleModularMind
M.P.F.
Male User Gallery

#27375954 - 07/06/21 09:18 AM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
My only gripe would be enlarging the top row links. Like "threads" "messages" etc.

It does seem crowded up there with “threads” being the button I utilize most on the website.
Even a space between the lines might make a difference.

OfflineZakkery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: ModularMind]
    #27375970 - 07/06/21 09:50 AM (4 months, 24 days ago)

I dig it. Dug it while testing too.

Look forward to future projects to make the site more user friendly. You have my support as always. :heart:

InvisibleCHUCK.HNTR
feral urbanite
Male

Loc: SF, CA, USA
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Zakkery]
    #27375987 - 07/06/21 10:14 AM (4 months, 24 days ago)

I switched back to the new mode. Working good! Gonna take a bit to get used to but I can tell I’m gonna like it.
Thanks Ythan and the whole shroomery crew that made this happen.
:bigyesnod:

--------------------
"What is the practical application of a million universes?" -Alan Watts
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

InvisibleIgadi
Advocate

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: filthyknees]
    #27375997 - 07/06/21 10:28 AM (4 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

filthyknees said:
Wow I'm sorry people bother you about mobile layout. They must really have hard lives.

Switched back to old layout, I've never heard any real complaints about mobile.  I bet if you did it's from a few whiny people.

I'll be disappointed if we're forced to use this 'responsive layout',  sad to see you'll 'support as long as you can', when it's worked fine for decades.

I get the need to 'upgrade' but seems like an entirely make work sinario, the idea that because people have to scroll means users so just leave the shroomery is not sound at all. Can you list any real number of linkable examples of user complaints saying they had to scroll to use the website on mobile and that it's so hard they're leaving? Or it just a made up idea you think people have or some person told you that's true?

Making it a 'modern managed platform'?,  it's a forum where people post mushroom pics and make phallic jokes, it doesn't need to be modernized. Having been a mobile user all along and having made 6,000 posts I can tell you it's fine and you would likely find better use of your time on other things.

All love to the shroomery, love the site, just being honest. At the very least support the old layout indefinitely, all I see that the formatting and zooming has changed. I do not see how this is nessecary or effectively changes the relivence on the shroomery comparable to if you'd used your time in other directions to promote the site.

No need to be 'smart' . It's not broken don't fix it ect. But if you're gonna make it a 'smart layout's at least don't force us to use it, cause like you said in your post outlining it, I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking what the fuck? Only because I have high hopes for the shroomery and think we could be doing way more things to stay relivent than auto zoom on mobile browsing feature which to me is worse than a nothing burger it's like a nothing burger with glitter on it. Best analogy I could think of while on the toilet.

Tl;dr: cool, I guess? but don't make us use it.

:peace::heart:

:canthelpbutlaugh:  :canthelpbutlaugh:

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Igadi]
    #27376096 - 07/06/21 11:38 AM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Mine does same shit as koods along with tons other bugs to point its barely functioning. I had a thing where I would click on thread and it would show me list of moderators and thought it was enlil fucking with me or something at first. I'm using dolphin browser on android 12 :shrug:

InvisibleIgadi
Advocate

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #27376117 - 07/06/21 11:49 AM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Lots of user errors being reported here. It actually works much better than the previous layout.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
    #27376180 - 07/06/21 12:26 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

As someone who’s been posting here solely on their phone for the past decade, this will take some getting used to, but it seems like it’s working well so far.

--------------------

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

#27376184 - 07/06/21 12:29 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

I went back to the old one until I can't anymore. I don't care for the new, but I'm sure it'll just take some getting used to.

As others have mentioned, the "threads" link is a little small compared to others that I never use. Not a fan of how threads are listed/laid out either, all blocky looking.

--------------------
Robert Redford is the DEVIL

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: 1234go]
    #27376211 - 07/06/21 12:51 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Yeah I also think it's prob best to just stop messing with it before the site gets anymore broken than it already is and just tell folks to "get used to it" I think alot the bugs I'm finding are with when it switched from portrait to landscape or free float modes :shrug:

Edited by CHeifM4sterDiezL (07/06/21 12:53 PM)

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: 1234go]
    #27376276 - 07/06/21 01:46 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
I went back to the old one until I can't anymore. I don't care for the new, but I'm sure it'll just take some getting used to.

As others have mentioned, the "threads" link is a little small compared to others that I never use. Not a fan of how threads are listed/laid out either, all blocky looking.

This is my main gripe as well.

Being formatted to fit my screen is great because it saves me having to zoom in and out, but the downside is now I have to scroll down 5x as far because only a handful of threads can fit on my screen.

Finding where the buttons are on the page is annoying too but I’m sure my fingers will figure it out.

--------------------

InvisibleIgadi
Advocate

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #27376301 - 07/06/21 02:11 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

I just can't believe how much better it looks and how user-friendly it is now. Very happy with the changes.

OfflineBig_DubS
waiting
Male

#27376306 - 07/06/21 02:21 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
Quote:

Big_Dub said:
Quote:

Big_Dub said:

There is one...

I think there was one at the very bottom of the page on the left?

Ythan added one at the bottom of each post on the right.

OfflineMycoBrainz
Mycotic
Male User Gallery

Loc: West Coast
    #27376308 - 07/06/21 02:25 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Now you really effin with me. Looks good, good job guys.

--------------------
:stoned:

PFC x Creeper

Lets Get Stoned

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
    #27376311 - 07/06/21 02:27 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Thanks Ythan! Looks great on mobile!

Offlinehalf.fast
but not too slow, either
I'm a teapot

Loc: Down there
    #27376314 - 07/06/21 02:28 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Works great for me. I hope everyone having issues with the new layout gets them resolved soon.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: half.fast]
    #27376435 - 07/06/21 04:14 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

The new format works. I went back to the old format tho. Way too much scrolling.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27376442 - 07/06/21 04:19 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Dont be a wuss, embrace change :hug:

Edit: I will not be reverting, viva la neo shroomery! :rockman::wtfsonic::rockman:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

Edited by spirit_shadow (07/06/21 04:20 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27376452 - 07/06/21 04:26 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

The new format would be fine if I could make the letters smaller.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27376453 - 07/06/21 04:27 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
The new format would be fine if I could make the letters smaller.

.....touche' :notsureif:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

InvisibleDrboomer
The lord magnificent
I'm a teapot

#27376616 - 07/06/21 06:39 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

1234go said:

This is my main gripe as well.

Being formatted to fit my screen is great because it saves me having to zoom in and out, but the downside is now I have to scroll down 5x as far because only a handful of threads can fit on my screen.

Finding where the buttons are on the page is annoying too but I’m sure my fingers will figure it out.

My only gripe as well they need enlarged and the others under it shrank I keep missing threads and hitting missing threads and hitting search kinda frustrating.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

#27376647 - 07/06/21 07:07 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

I've removed the "Views" and "Replies" lines from the post index, so more threads will fit onscreen at once and there should be a little less scrolling required.

Quote:

Drboomer said:
My only gripe as well they need enlarged and the others under it shrank I keep missing threads and hitting search kinda frustrating.

This should be improved now, in line with your suggestions.

Thanks so much everyone for the continued feedback! :smile:

InvisibleDrboomer
The lord magnificent
I'm a teapot

#27376649 - 07/06/21 07:09 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Nice nice I like it

OfflinelosfreddyS
caffeineaholic
 User Gallery

#27376804 - 07/06/21 09:10 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Cool.  Maybe someone could add the number of new replies to the thread in the layout

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: losfreddy] * 1
    #27376817 - 07/06/21 09:16 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

losfreddy said:
Cool.  Maybe someone could add the number of new replies to the thread in the layout

Lol, I *just* removed "Views" and "Replies" to try to fit more threads on the screen and reduce scrolling. But, let's try with "Replies" but without "Views", and see if that's the sweet spot. :smile:

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27376840 - 07/06/21 09:30 PM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Reply count useless IMO. Link size at the top is winning now though.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #27377070 - 07/07/21 01:50 AM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Its looking and working great Ythan! Thanks for all the hard work :thumbup: :shroomeryhead: :awesome:

Feature request: is it possible to place all the icon hot-links into a drop-down submenu?

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

Invisiblemyc_ousin_vinnyS
Keeping_It_Real
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #27377173 - 07/07/21 06:04 AM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Looking fantastic on iPhone X and Firefox. Excellent work everyone!

--------------------
Bod's Easy AF Search Engine TEK

Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers.
Bod's Easy AF Oat Prep TEK (for making oat grain spawn)
Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs

"Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall..."

"So we all grow mushrooms, and since we grow mushrooms - we have mushrooms. Since we have mushrooms - we eat mushrooms. Since we eat mushrooms - we trip ballz. Finally since we trip ballz - we think fucked up shit that nobody even remotely square will ever give two fucks about even when the stars align." __Smartattack

Onlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: myc_ousin_vinny]
    #27377186 - 07/07/21 06:35 AM (4 months, 23 days ago)

This fixed most if not all of the issues that browsing on mobile Safari had.

The only real issue I have is that the top navigation is really busy. Everything from Forum Index to Growery could be removed and it would really clean up the browsing experience. Maybe leave vendors and the store?

--------------------
A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male

Loc: South Africa
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: christopera] * 1
    #27377206 - 07/07/21 07:14 AM (4 months, 23 days ago)

What I've noticed about the new layout when forcing desktop mode is the layout looks nice and clean and I enjoy the zoom functionality.

If I disable the enhanced layout the forum requires too much scrolling.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27377236 - 07/07/21 08:17 AM (4 months, 23 days ago)

As my microsoft surface is aging (battery phhhtt, keyboard smelly, wifi radio intermittent) I have gone for the cheapest option - an Amazon Fire tablet with a keyboard and mouse, and Developer options adjusted to enable google play for non-amazon apps.

It's like shifting from a Caddilac to a three wheeler. but it gets me where I need to go,.

the Shroomery Mobile version works ok on it but I shift to desktop site because it is easier to highlight text and continue.

just another thing to accommodate, I don't like using my phone for more than wifi tethering, photography, google, directions, and what's app - sometimes it rings and I have to be human.

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27377239 - 07/07/21 08:20 AM (4 months, 23 days ago)

Yeah I've been very happy with all the surface pro products on the new widows. Shroomery is super broken in tablet mode usually tho :shrug:

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
    #27377335 - 07/07/21 10:19 AM (4 months, 23 days ago)

I think for new visitors to the site on a mobile the new way will be better/easier, but I prefer the old/desktop version..... zooming in and out, you get more information faster that way (if you already know the site well enough).

--------------------

Marco Simoncelli

Edited by blessed (07/07/21 08:11 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: blessed]
    #27377377 - 07/07/21 11:05 AM (4 months, 22 days ago)

I got too frustrated with the amazon fire and am returning it
I use several apps at same time
the tablet kept closing back ground apps and then reloading when switching back on second day of use
first day I did not notice that bother.

back on surface today

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: DERRAYLD] * 1
    #27377468 - 07/07/21 12:42 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
Reply count useless IMO.

I agree.  Reply count can be accessed by changing orientation from portrait to landscape mode, for those who really want to see it.  But in portrait mode, concise and strictly relevant information should be the priority.  Ditch the reply count in portrait mode on mobile screens to save space and reduce clutter.

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Feature request: is it possible to place all the icon hot-links into a drop-down submenu?

I think this idea is worth considering.  "Login" and "New Account", arguably the two most important hot-links, are already shown in the welcome paragraph below the banner ad... Many of the other links are simply not important.  In lieu of condensing the entire hot-link section into a expandable drop down menu, I would curtail the options as follows:

Sign In / New Account / Forum Index / Search Posts / Trusted Vendors / Best Posts / Active Topics / Galleries / FAQ / User List / Calendar / Store / Random / Growery

Quote:

DERRAYLD said:
If I disable the enhanced layout the forum requires too much scrolling.

For starters, I would advocate for removing the list of Moderators from the mobile portrait view.  That information is hardly useful, takes up valuable screen real estate on smaller devices, and can be found in landscape view or elsewhere, if needed.  It is also strange that the forum titles are in smaller text than the descriptions.  The smaller text should be the descriptive sub-text, and the forum titles should be the larger item, thereby preserving more screen real estate and requiring less scrolling.

Overall though, this update makes me SO flippin' happy.  Very nice work Y.  Thank you! :rockon:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: geokills] * 1
    #27377501 - 07/07/21 01:22 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Yeah I think some sort of overflow menu for all the navigation icons would be ideal. I messed around with that a bit when I was first getting started, but it was taking too much time so I deferred that work until the main project was complete. I'll keep experimenting and try to come up with a good solution. In the meantime I've eliminated the links you suggested, let's see if it makes things a little easier to use. :thumbup:

Oh and those screenshots are from desktop mode, the moderator list is already hidden in mobile portrait mode.

Offlinetaku
° shapeshifter ∆
 User Gallery

#27377515 - 07/07/21 01:30 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Those 4 links are perfect. Love it

--------------------

InvisibleModularMind
M.P.F.
Male User Gallery

#27377790 - 07/07/21 05:05 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Can you make it so the post’s time stamp reads “hrs” and “min”, so “ago” fits on the same line?

:cokeitch:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27377801 - 07/07/21 05:11 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

I love the hater tear blue you have gone with :awehigh:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

#27377812 - 07/07/21 05:19 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

ModularMind said:
Can you make it so the post’s time stamp reads “hrs” and “min”, so “ago” fits on the same line?

:cokeitch:

Yes, I can do that! The length that actually fits on one line will depend on the post time and your display settings, but does it mostly look right now?

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27377817 - 07/07/21 05:23 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Omg I just now tried it on landscape and......me likely :ruggedwink:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflinePsilyNikol
Stranger than u
Female

Loc: State of confusion
    #27378185 - 07/07/21 09:50 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

As someone who doesn't own a computer I can't tell you how much I'm loving this!

--------------------
Reading may seriously damage your ignorance

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: PsilyNikol] * 1
    #27378218 - 07/07/21 10:07 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

I feel like automatically scaling down people's sig would be good for mobile if that's even a thing. I realize that I am an offender in this category. Non issue on PC but here on my phone...

:archiebunker:

Edited by Smartattack (07/07/21 10:12 PM)

Offlinefeevers
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Smartattack] * 1
    #27378278 - 07/07/21 10:44 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Already used to it and liking it now, the small changes since it dropped have definitely helped

thanks for putting in the work ythan and crew :sun:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27378309 - 07/07/21 11:04 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

feevers said:
Already used to it and liking it now, the small changes since it dropped have definitely helped

thanks for putting in the work ythan and crew :sun:

FOR REAL, I have never seen any community be this active with the members. Shroomery for life! :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

InvisibleFeasoghorm

#27378316 - 07/07/21 11:10 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Other than the offset photos page and some avatars looking monstrous, seems pretty neat.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Feasoghorm]
    #27378320 - 07/07/21 11:12 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

I have not experienced any of those bugs. I'm on a galaxy a10e.

Sometimes when I first go to the site and click message board it will take me to the community page. Is the hitbox for message board smaller?

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

InvisibleFeasoghorm

#27378325 - 07/07/21 11:15 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

I dnt knw what is a "hit box" but the message board is centered now. Looks nicer.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27378337 - 07/07/21 11:23 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

The area(or box) in which tapping would lead to said link.

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

InvisibleModularMind
M.P.F.
Male User Gallery

#27378354 - 07/07/21 11:54 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
does it mostly look right now?

That’s some accommodating administration.

InvisibleThe Fresh PrintsS
Smell ya later
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bel-Air Flag
    #27378359 - 07/08/21 12:00 AM (4 months, 22 days ago)

The bug fixes are helping a lot. I was so tempted to go back to the classic format, but I'm sold at this point.

--------------------

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

#27378369 - 07/08/21 12:16 AM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

feevers said:
the small changes since it dropped have definitely helped

Agreed. I take back what I said, it's a lot easier on the eyes now. I'm still using the old one though just because it feels right. :snub:

--------------------
Robert Redford is the DEVIL

InvisibleFeasoghorm

#27378371 - 07/08/21 12:16 AM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
The area(or box) in which tapping would lead to said link.

Havent noticed a difference. I do have an extra tall blindingly white response area though. If i resize it with the dealy in the lower right corner it jst goes back again.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Feasoghorm] * 1
    #27378401 - 07/08/21 12:41 AM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Feasoghorm, thanks so much for the examples, all those problems are related to landscape mode on mobile and I'll start working on fixes tomorrow.

Also, Smartattack that's a good idea about scaling down signatures, I'll work on adding that too. Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27378434 - 07/08/21 01:52 AM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Heyyy, ya did it Ythan! Thanks for condensing all those hot links into an arrow submenu. It looks great!

:awepreciation:

Im definitely pleased on how it all looks and functions :yesnod:

Oh one more thing, the ad banner isnt working for some reason on my browser.

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

InvisibleFeasoghorm

#27378443 - 07/08/21 01:58 AM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
Feasoghorm, thanks so much for the examples, all those problems are related to landscape mode on mobile and I'll start working on fixes tomorrow.

Ythan, your the grand wizard of this site. Glad i cud help.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27378997 - 07/08/21 12:59 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

I'm going to be honest, when they started the beta I was 100% against change, but then I realized that is just my ego and I thought I had killed that persistent bastard so I proceeded to choke the shit out of him now he's tied up nice and tight in my trunk and I'm really starting to like how this new layout feels :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27379291 - 07/08/21 04:28 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

One more feature request :grin:

Can you put the "Threaded", "Previous", "Index", and "Next" links in a submenu too? I never use them and i need that extra screen space :thumbup:

Thanks Ythan :shroomeryhead:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #27379353 - 07/08/21 05:25 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

This is fucking sweet! I didnt even look at the drop down menu until just now, that alone makes it feel leaps and bounds more modern. Seeing suggestions being hotfixed in real time is so fucking cool :kaneclap:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflineBig_DubS
waiting
Male

#27379365 - 07/08/21 05:34 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

:whathesaid:

InvisiblePodamous
Yeesh
Male

Loc: Saskatchewan Flag
    #27379371 - 07/08/21 05:44 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

THIS IS MUCH BETTER, there were so many glitchy moments when browsing the site on mobile pre-update.

If you read this, i appreciate it so much as a pretty much exclusive mobile user.

--------------------

Pod dumbs down: Flowhoods

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Podamous] * 1
    #27379374 - 07/08/21 05:46 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Podamous said:
THIS IS MUCH BETTER, there were so many glitchy moments when browsing the site on mobile pre-update.

If you read this, i appreciate it so much as a pretty much exclusive mobile user.

I've been mobile only since I registered. This means a lot to me for sure lol <3

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

InvisibleWhyterye
Male

#27379476 - 07/08/21 07:02 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

I like it . Not sure if it’s been mentioned but is there a login screen on the main menu for the website ? Feels like I always have to click at least one link to find the login bar. Maybe I’m overlooking it I know I learn new stuff here all the time

InvisibleFeasoghorm

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Whyterye]
    #27379834 - 07/08/21 10:35 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

Hey, my blue ghost bitch is all small now. I likes me a blue ghost bitch with some meat on her ace:

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Feasoghorm] * 1
    #27379852 - 07/08/21 10:44 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

This is getting good.:awesomenod::awesomenod:

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Whyterye] * 1
    #27379856 - 07/08/21 10:49 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Whyterye said:
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but is there a login screen on the main menu for the website ? Feels like I always have to click at least one link to find the login bar.

You're right, we don't currently have one, you have to go to the message board first. But that's a good suggestion and I'll look into adding it. I appreciate the feedback.

Quote:

Feasoghorm said:
Hey, my blue ghost bitch is all small now. I likes me a blue ghost bitch with some meat on her ace:

Lol, should be fixed!

Quote:

Podamous said:

Quote:

Smartattack said:
This is getting good.:awesomenod::awesomenod:

Thanks so much, I'm really trying! :cheers:

InvisibleFeasoghorm

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Ythan] * 2
    #27379887 - 07/08/21 11:34 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

There's my healthy spector! Right on, homie :thumbup: Have some bouncin' boobers:

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27380213 - 07/09/21 10:23 AM (4 months, 21 days ago)

I think I'm starting to get used to the new shroomery.org/forums.  This has been good :manofapproval:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27380307 - 07/09/21 11:24 AM (4 months, 20 days ago)

Everything about this site has been improved so much since the hack. It used to take FOREVER to upload a picture now it is lightning fast. Thank you so much shroomery staff! <3 :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #27380463 - 07/09/21 01:36 PM (4 months, 20 days ago)

I am trying to like the new layout and I really appreciate the effort involved.
Is there not a way you can reduce the size of usernames and user profile photos? I feel like they're too large in relation to the posted information

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27380487 - 07/09/21 02:11 PM (4 months, 20 days ago)

Quote:

DERRAYLD said:
I am trying to like the new layout and I really appreciate the effort involved.
Is there not a way you can reduce the size of usernames and user profile photos? I feel like they're too large in relation to the posted information

If there was one last thing I'd change it would probably be this. I think like 25% reduction in size of the users box would be tasty.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27380515 - 07/09/21 02:34 PM (4 months, 20 days ago)

I think we need a 25% INCREASE in profile pic size :awehigh:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #27380579 - 07/09/21 03:27 PM (4 months, 20 days ago)

:rofldrunk:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

#27380584 - 07/09/21 03:32 PM (4 months, 20 days ago)

:lol:

I've tried a few ways to reduce the width of the left column, but it isn't just the avatars that are taking up space, it's also the username and account info that get smushed when it's too small. I'm thinking about eliminating the left column entirely on mobile, and putting the poster info above the subject, so everything's in one column and the entire screen width is available for posts. That would change the familiar appearance of threads a little, but it would be more practical for small screens. I'll work on mocking that up and people can tell me if they like the change.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27380590 - 07/09/21 03:36 PM (4 months, 20 days ago)

:fuckyeah: I'll try it out

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male

#27380595 - 07/09/21 03:38 PM (4 months, 20 days ago)

Thanks,  will monitor the thread and give feedback.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27381343 - 07/10/21 02:54 AM (4 months, 20 days ago)

Yeah the avatars and sig photos are a bit large but not too bad.

Been digging the mobile version a lot! It fits so well on my phone. Im posting on it right now :awesome:

InvisibleSamantabhadra
∞÷0÷∞×∞÷0÷∞

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #27381674 - 07/10/21 11:42 AM (4 months, 19 days ago)

I love it... thank you guys. It was a tad awkward scrolling to click on forums and zooming in to read posts before...

Now it's perfectly size fitted to my phone!

My only complaint is also about the size of the profile column... but mine is that it's one letter too small hah!

The last a in Samantabhadra is on a line below the rest of the screen name... anyone else seeing this on their phone?

Samantabhadr
a

Of course if I rotate my phone sideways it fits just fine. But...

Is there any way to have screen names' font automatically to be scaled to fit in one line?

Looking forward to the alternative position(s) of the profile anyway... maybe a wider post text section would be nice...

Anyway, good job.

~Peace

--------------------
The actual essence, pristine gnosis,
cannot be improved upon, so virtue is profitless,
and it cannot be impaired, so vice is harmless;
absent of karma there is no ripening of pleasure or pain
absent of judgement, no preference for samsara or nirvana
~Longchenpa

OfflineBig_DubS
waiting
Male

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Samantabhadra]
    #27381727 - 07/10/21 12:42 PM (4 months, 19 days ago)

Personally I turned off profile pictures and signatures which helps a lot.

But ya you do have one a on a new line.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27382021 - 07/10/21 05:48 PM (4 months, 19 days ago)

Is there a button yet to quickly switch to Mobile mode?

InvisibleThe Thing
ТнغТнརиو
 User Gallery

#27382286 - 07/10/21 09:17 PM (4 months, 19 days ago)

That is a waste of space right there..

--------------------
ΔΔΔ

Edited by The Thing (07/11/21 07:17 AM)

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: The Thing] * 1
    #27382354 - 07/10/21 09:51 PM (4 months, 19 days ago)

Might be a good spot to put signatures.

OfflineboOM
Female User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: The Thing] * 3
    #27382760 - 07/11/21 07:06 AM (4 months, 19 days ago)

generally for a mobile layout, some negative space is good to reduce cognitive overload when someone is looking at a small viewport with a lot of information.

btw hello everyone nice that there's a mobile layout!

InvisibleThe Thing
ТнغТнརиو
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: boO]
    #27382768 - 07/11/21 07:24 AM (4 months, 19 days ago)

I was just agreeing with ythans suggestion.

--------------------
ΔΔΔ

InvisibleThe Thing
ТнغТнརиو
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: The Thing]
    #27382771 - 07/11/21 07:34 AM (4 months, 19 days ago)

Just sayin.

--------------------
ΔΔΔ

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: boO]
    #27383156 - 07/11/21 03:47 PM (4 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

boO said:
generally for a mobile layout, some negative space is good to reduce cognitive overload when someone is looking at a small viewport with a lot of information.

btw hello everyone nice that there's a mobile layout!

We could use it to sell space for tiny classified ads to maximize ad revenue or we could use it to make the site more sexy and action packed with bunch of like tits and explosions n stuff just all on the side ur screen all up in ur bingus

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27383251 - 07/11/21 05:13 PM (4 months, 18 days ago)

I was actually going to recommend a small box for random boob pic generation.

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27383260 - 07/11/21 05:26 PM (4 months, 18 days ago)

The motion has been seconded and I think we all agree no vote is necessary the people have spoke do it up ythan :awethumb:

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 3
    #27383284 - 07/11/21 05:51 PM (4 months, 18 days ago)

Man I should really just put you guys in charge of the redesign. Those are the kinds of forward-thinking ideas we're going to need in our push to be bigger than Facebook. :lol:

I'm still working on a couple concepts for showflat.php, one with a smaller left column and one with the left column eliminated. There are some dumb technical details that make this one page particularly annoying to modify, but I should have something for everyone to evaluate in a few days.

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27384301 - 07/12/21 01:01 PM (4 months, 17 days ago)

Great Ythan again thanks so much. Great to work with you guys all good things very positive good job everybody.  I'll have Ginny bill you for the consultation  :borat:

OfflineManianFHS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#27385244 - 07/13/21 02:01 AM (4 months, 17 days ago)

Something is wrong with the layout. I click to open a thread and the page jumps down 3 inches, then I have to scroll back up to open the thread successfully. Seems to happen every time.

Also my layout just shows that a thread has new posts, but not how many?

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineManianFHS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: ManianFH]
    #27385296 - 07/13/21 03:20 AM (4 months, 17 days ago)

Omg this shit is annoying. I feel like it’s unusable on my phone

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

#27385303 - 07/13/21 03:34 AM (4 months, 17 days ago)

I'm really sorry about that, does it still happen if you switch to the default theme? What phone are you using?

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27385641 - 07/13/21 11:37 AM (4 months, 16 days ago)

Yah I've been having similar trouble in incognito on dolphin browser using tab mode especially using gestures/sonar. I figured it'd be something I'd have "get used to" :shrug:

Edited by CHeifM4sterDiezL (07/13/21 11:39 AM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27386458 - 07/13/21 09:22 PM (4 months, 16 days ago)

Its still running smooth as butter for me. On a galaxy a10e

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflineManianFHS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#27386534 - 07/13/21 10:11 PM (4 months, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
I'm really sorry about that, does it still happen if you switch to the default theme? What phone are you using?

Using an Iphone 6S Plus. You might be right that it is likely a device issue, that phone is pretty old. I will try the default theme and report back. Worst case, will browse shroomery on the laptop :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27386630 - 07/13/21 11:57 PM (4 months, 16 days ago)

Finally got around to using it. Good stuff.

One complaint, though: it's too, for lack of better term, crowded. Basically, I'm looking at a few lines of text and several rows of different forum text modification buttons, reminders of what forum/thread I'm in, checkboxes, and something I saw on a thread with 400+ pages, three entire rows of numbers for those pages.

I don't know if that falls under the "in the works" category, but I've typed like, six lines. I should be able to see them without scrolling, methinks.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Kryptos]
    #27386676 - 07/14/21 01:08 AM (4 months, 16 days ago)

It's more crowded to be better for mobile users. I thought it was too crazy of a change at first but give it a couple days. I'm really liking it now that I'm getting more used to it :shrug:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

InvisibleRaven44
Entry not permitted to muggles
Male

Loc: My sovereign reality bubb...
    #27391957 - 07/18/21 12:30 AM (4 months, 12 days ago)

Ahhh the reason for this new annoyance...

Here’s my complaints, I have to flip my phone sideways to see the entire list of links or whatever annoying since I never flip my phone sideways for any reason

Secondly I have to clip this tiny little arrow to get the entire link list otherwise just as annoying almost imo.

I would appreciate being able to choose from mobile or the previous version. Ahh I see u can now lol the button at the bottom of screen a lot of people would prob appreciate like many websites have

I think it’s odd that you have forced people to use your new layout and not given them the option to choos old or new layout. I suppose it’s a good way to get free feedback but not a very polite way of going about it imo simply for the fact it creates a lot of frustration in those lacking in patience at times

Hope the feedback gets us all some better surfing experiences

I have given this a few weeks before making this call btw not going back on my opinions lol

--------------------
**learn to Grow plants better**New and improved linkage
Thru Shungite, we have infinite potential within the realm of finite beings.

https://www.cosmicreality.net/wsmn-shungite-science-with-walt-silva.html

Edited by Raven44 (07/18/21 12:44 AM)

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392013 - 07/18/21 01:47 AM (4 months, 12 days ago)

Just hit a wierd glitch where I keep switching to flat mode because I keep clicking thread instead of threads (my threads) what ever get used to it right. But then I went to switch it back and it returned the this post has been deleted you don't have permission to view it.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Raven44]
    #27392023 - 07/18/21 01:59 AM (4 months, 12 days ago)

Thank you for the feedback! When the new mobile layout first launched, it actually had all the navigation links in the top bar, but people didn't like how much space it was taking up, which is why I moved most of them to the overflow menu. I hear what you're saying and I think a better long-term solution would probably be for us to allow that menu to be customized, so you can specify which links are always displayed and which are hidden. Or maybe just have it learn which links you click the most and automatically put those first. It's hard to please everyone when choosing what to keep and what to cut in order to make the site fit comfortably on a small screen. But I'm definitely trying and I will keep your feedback in mind.

However, this comment feels unfair:

Quote:

I think it’s odd that you have forced people to use your new layout and not given them the option to choos old or new layout. I suppose it’s a good way to get free feedback but not a very polite way of going about it imo simply for the fact it creates a lot of frustration in those lacking in patience at times

I think maybe you didn't read the entire first post in this thread. From the beginning there were two simple options for people who prefer the old layout:

Supported: Enable the "Desktop Site" toggle in your mobile browser's options menu. In mobile Safari, this means clicking the "AA" button in the address bar, and selecting "Request Desktop Website".

Unsupported: Go to your display preferences, and change the option "Enable responsive layout?" to "No".

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

#27392030 - 07/18/21 02:13 AM (4 months, 12 days ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Just hit a wierd glitch where I keep switching to flat mode because I keep clicking thread instead of threads (my threads) what ever get used to it right. But then I went to switch it back and it returned the this post has been deleted you don't have permission to view it.

Thank you for reporting this! Just to clarify, you get the error when clicking this link, right? I bet I can fix it quickly, this was actually a bug I noticed and I thought I fixed already but I must have missed something. Can you please do me a favor, because I'm having trouble duplicating the problem? The next time this happens, and you get the "post has been deleted" message, can you please go back one page to the threaded display you were on, and send me the address of that page? Hopefully this will allow me to track it down.

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392247 - 07/18/21 10:04 AM (4 months, 12 days ago)

You changed something last night cuz it went from "post is deleted" error message splash page to the like not authorized or something. Let me see if I can duplicate it again now.

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392251 - 07/18/21 10:10 AM (4 months, 12 days ago)

So its back to what it was yesterday. Basically I'll click threaded mode link and it will change to flat mode and look like this:

Then when I click the "flat" link to change it back to threaded it reloads the page to this:

Edited by CHeifM4sterDiezL (07/18/21 10:18 AM)

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392253 - 07/18/21 10:13 AM (4 months, 12 days ago)

Also when u back button to return it brings me back to flat mode so you get kinda trapped in flat mode gay baby jail till you leave the thread and return. :shrug:

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392256 - 07/18/21 10:15 AM (4 months, 12 days ago)

Also I think it would clear up alot confusion to make the link say flat when it's in threaded not threaded as the default. So that when u click flat it goes to flat and also couldn't be confused with the threads link

Offlinetaku
° shapeshifter ∆
 User Gallery

#27392342 - 07/18/21 12:12 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

What do the MsgBox link up near your Messages? I do not have that link.

--------------------

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392532 - 07/18/21 04:13 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

Message box is like some old thing that nobody actually used where basically u could send like private message threads about stuff. Like I said nobody ever really used it I don't think but I have a bunch Messages from ppl but its mostly like wtf is Message box this shit is dumb af ythan must be screwing around again. One thread in there is like a group message to bunch fans of disco biscuits on the site to like share live recordings and stuff of the band so it's like that kinda stuff but I just tried and it doesn't even work. The site has gone thru several iterations of being "fixed" over the years so bunch cool stuff got scrapped for one reason or another.  :sadyes:

Edited by CHeifM4sterDiezL (07/18/21 04:20 PM)

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392552 - 07/18/21 04:30 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

I mean that just makes me think maybe we should take a really hard look and start paring down some the crap that isn't even used and make room for less scrolling or hot new crap that may or may not be pretty sweet who knows. I mean for starters does anyone actually use flat mode? Can we just scrap that. Or like it should be an option but like tucked way away in some settings menu that with double verification so u can't even turn it on by mistake drunk or in ur pocket and and be like wtf how do I get it out of flat mode. We have to remember what shroomery.org demographic is. The site must me made to be usable even by the stupidest drunkest tripping person anyone can imagine and then go stupider. It's imperative it has to be as intuitive as possible with alot of flow and good positive aura and experience to navigating and interfacing with shroomery.org. :sadyes:

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

#27392567 - 07/18/21 04:42 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
I mean that just makes me think maybe we should take a really hard look and start paring down some the crap that isn't even used and make room for less scrolling or hot new crap that may or may not be pretty sweet who knows. I mean for starters does anyone actually use flat mode? Can we just scrap that. Or like it should be an option but like tucked way away in some settings menu that with double verification so u can't even turn it on by mistake drunk or in ur pocket and and be like wtf how do I get it out of flat mode. We have to remember what shroomery.org demographic is. The site must me made to be usable even by the stupidest drunkest tripping person anyone can imagine and then go stupider. It's imperative it has to be as intuitive as possible with alot of flow and good positive aura and experience to navigating and interfacing with shroomery.org. :sadyes:

Lol, you know, you have a good point. Just to clarify, flat mode is the default where all the posts are on the same page, and threaded mode has one post per page. But yeah I get what you're saying. Not many people use threaded mode to begin with, and it doesn't even work that well on mobile or for long threads. I don't want to remove it entirely, but I've gotten rid of the link to it on mobile. Also, I figured out the bug you were getting with the "post has been deleted" error, thanks so much for the screenshots. It probably doesn't matter for mobile users anymore since the link is gone, but it would also have affected people on desktop so I appreciate the heads up. If you have any other suggestions please let me know. :cheers:

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392568 - 07/18/21 04:42 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

Then it's like message box. The box. I keep thinking about the box. There's something about that box. Then it's like what if we went outside the box. This bulletin board message system is so old it's just boxes on top boxes thats obsolete nothings boxes anymore. Everything was boxes in the 90s man thats old.

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392572 - 07/18/21 04:50 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

Like back in the 90s idk if cubism was in or something but everything cool technology wise was a box so it made alot sense. Everything has moved on you start trying to box in stupid drunk tripping people with frustrating menus and well just continue to have disgruntled yogi hotel members blowing up the whole site so nobody can use it.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 1
    #27392666 - 07/18/21 06:35 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

Yeah I hear you, there's definitely a specific look for websites from that time period, a lot of design was done by programmers instead of UI specialists and also technical constraints made certain kinds of designs impossible or impractical to achieve. It's tricky though, because we've been online so long without major changes, we've had a lot of time to tweak everything exactly how people want it, and a lot of members have gotten comfortable and familiar with the way things work around here. Any major change has to be a really obvious improvement, because otherwise it's just going to piss off people who were happy with things the way they were. I do want to make the site more modern and appealing for a new generation of users, but I also don't want to alienate our loyal members who have already been with us for years.

One thing I was thinking about is like, launching a brand new site to run alongside the Shroomery. We could use Friendica to set up a site similar to Facebook for people who prefer a more modern experience. It would probably have completely separate accounts and stuff though. I don't think we could easily synchronize data between the two sites. I'm curious if anyone thinks that's worth pursuing. But one thing at a time, I'm still not done tweaking this mobile redesign yet!

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392698 - 07/18/21 07:02 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

What that site is fucking garbage you might as well be mailing out your neonazi pamphlets to people or something like the old days.. I've already started brainstorming the crowdfunded release of shroomery lite which is a new concept and vision but is really just the start. With money raise thru the launch of shroomery lite and a huge amount of buzz about what's to come shroomery will then be able to develope and evolve to the next level. I think we all know what we're talking about here. I mean we've all seen the movie Minority Report and that's clearly the future. I mean why can we just make shroomery.org like that. Using led light gloves to flip around thru threads in clear floating tiles and wierd crazy future shit all over the place. It's all text tiles and fluid floating clouds and shit idfk you guys are the computer people I dont understand why this can't just be figured out and hasn't already. Shroomery.org has always been ahead the curve why does it seem to have lost its edge in the face of gesture based interface?

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27392704 - 07/18/21 07:07 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

This isn't anything like Facebook either Facebook is old and ruined. If u wanted to make some kinda like social media platform where ppl could just shitpost and rail on eachother that would be super easy just tweak all the other shitty ones into some kinda perfect Frankenstein media monster. But we're not talking about zuccing the big one we're talking about just making a super dank shroomery.org :sadyes:

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27393254 - 07/19/21 07:52 AM (4 months, 11 days ago)

Guys the shroomery lite project has now been renamed Crystal Shroomery because it's that much more sexy and mysterious and you absolutely want to chip in on this thing to get in on the ground floor with out knowing much more than that. Obviously we can't give a ton of details on something so ground breaking and innovative :sadyes:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 2
    #27393373 - 07/19/21 10:20 AM (4 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
What that site is fucking garbage you might as well be mailing out your neonazi pamphlets to people or something like the old days.. I've already started brainstorming the crowdfunded release of shroomery lite which is a new concept and vision but is really just the start. With money raise thru the launch of shroomery lite and a huge amount of buzz about what's to come shroomery will then be able to develope and evolve to the next level. I think we all know what we're talking about here. I mean we've all seen the movie Minority Report and that's clearly the future. I mean why can we just make shroomery.org like that. Using led light gloves to flip around thru threads in clear floating tiles and wierd crazy future shit all over the place. It's all text tiles and fluid floating clouds and shit idfk you guys are the computer people I dont understand why this can't just be figured out and hasn't already. Shroomery.org has always been ahead the curve why does it seem to have lost its edge in the face of gesture based interface?

I want three of whatever you are on :awehigh:

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego

#27393378 - 07/19/21 10:22 AM (4 months, 11 days ago)

I'm on the other side of the camp. I'm fine with whatever the staff chooses and I will support it but that being said I love this old school format and I'm sure others do as well. For me the word modern is directly linked to stupid kids who don't know shit from shoeshine.

--------------------
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox
Best way to clean glass

OfflinePsilocyberat
Stranger

#27395521 - 07/20/21 07:57 PM (4 months, 9 days ago)

It really make the experience much greater!

InvisibleBeano
Out fer a rip

Loc: AB Flag
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Psilocyberat]
    #27395553 - 07/20/21 08:27 PM (4 months, 9 days ago)

:hellyeah: 

I like it

InvisibleIgadi
Advocate

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: Beano] * 2
    #27398794 - 07/23/21 08:04 AM (4 months, 7 days ago)

The only thing more amazing than the new and improved layout is the tremendous amount of user errors from just a couple people.

It might be better/easier/beneficial to refer those folks over to Reddit. :shrug:

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27398821 - 07/23/21 08:50 AM (4 months, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Igadi said:
The only thing more amazing than the new and improved layout is the tremendous amount of user errors from just a couple people.

It might be better/easier/beneficial to refer those folks over to Reddit. :shrug:

:lol:

Offlinetaku
° shapeshifter ∆
 User Gallery

#27399095 - 07/23/21 02:12 PM (4 months, 6 days ago)

Hey if were suggesting things, is it possible to move the drop down menu in "messages" to the top? I always want to select between 'sent' and 'inbox' but have to scroll to the bottom. Makes more sense to me to have that feature at the top where you are checking your most recent PMs

--------------------

OfflineBig_DubS
waiting
Male

#27399533 - 07/23/21 08:24 PM (4 months, 6 days ago)

InvisibleLovage
Full Time Ding Dong

#27399798 - 07/24/21 01:06 AM (4 months, 6 days ago)

Thanks. This is such a nice format works smoothly in everything I have tried to do with it. Wish I was able to navigate my PC as well as I do my phone.

--------------------
Dear God, did you see all the boobs on that guy…

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27399964 - 07/24/21 08:18 AM (4 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

taku said:
Hey if were suggesting things, is it possible to move the drop down menu in "messages" to the top? I always want to select between 'sent' and 'inbox' but have to scroll to the bottom. Makes more sense to me to have that feature at the top where you are checking your most recent PMs

:coolpost:

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: taku] * 2
    #27400513 - 07/24/21 05:20 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

taku said:

Okay, this has been implemented. It looks like a small update but it actually required some relatively major changes to the form structure on that page, so please let me know if you encounter any bugs. Thanks for the suggestion!

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27400666 - 07/24/21 07:35 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

:eek::eek:

Its how it should have always been.

Offlinetaku
° shapeshifter ∆
 User Gallery

#27400928 - 07/24/21 11:04 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
Quote:

taku said:

Okay, this has been implemented. It looks like a small update but it actually required some relatively major changes to the form structure on that page, so please let me know if you encounter any bugs. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks Ythan! Looks great :pipesmoke:

--------------------

Offlinefeevers
Male User Gallery

#27400972 - 07/24/21 11:46 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Not sure if it's a bug or intentional but when I click into the quick reply text box and start typing it shrinks from normal size to only 4 lines or so. Then I click out and it goes back. Then the textbox gets huge if I hold the phone sideways

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: feevers] * 1
    #27400982 - 07/25/21 12:07 AM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

feevers said:
Not sure if it's a bug or intentional but when I click into the quick reply text box and start typing it shrinks from normal size to only 4 lines or so. Then I click out and it goes back. Then the textbox gets huge if I hold the phone sideways

Thanks, should be fixed! The size of the textbox in portrait mode should now stay the same in Chrome regardless of whether the keyboard is open. In landscape mode, it uses whatever dimensions you set up on desktop by dragging the bottom-right corner of the textbox.

Offlinefeevers
Male User Gallery

#27400995 - 07/25/21 12:25 AM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Sweet, that was quick!

It's staying the right size now

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male

#27402574 - 07/26/21 11:49 AM (4 months, 3 days ago)

Not going to lie, I got tired of switching to force desktop mode and started using the mobile friendly version.... it's growing on me.

Thanks for the hard work.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
    #27404492 - 07/27/21 06:06 PM (4 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

PussyFart said:
Quote:

PreparationH said:
I'm starting to have my own dislikes about the mobile version now.  When you click "threads" you cant see how many replies to the thread there are.  Sometimes if there's like 30+ replies I wont open it until I have time, cant see that at all now.

I agree, I noticed that as well...shouldn't be that hard to implementsomeone should let Ythan or whoever is in charge of that know.

Not being able to see how many replies on the mobile version irks me

InvisibleWyoMX
I'm a teapot

Loc: PNW
Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: PreparationH]
    #27404507 - 07/27/21 06:18 PM (4 months, 2 days ago)

If you flip your phone while looking at your threads you can see how many replies it has.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: PreparationH]
    #27405075 - 07/28/21 12:23 AM (4 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
Quote:

PussyFart said:
Quote:

PreparationH said:
I'm starting to have my own dislikes about the mobile version now.  When you click "threads" you cant see how many replies to the thread there are.  Sometimes if there's like 30+ replies I wont open it until I have time, cant see that at all now.

I agree, I noticed that as well...shouldn't be that hard to implementsomeone should let Ythan or whoever is in charge of that know.

Not being able to see how many replies on the mobile version irks me

Okay, I think I've found a good way to display this information and still keep things compact and scrollable. Thank you everyone for your patience and please let me know if you have any more suggestions!

Invisibleshthd
🅢ⓗ🅣ⓗ🅓
 User Gallery

Loc: 🚽
    #27405085 - 07/28/21 12:30 AM (4 months, 2 days ago)

Clicking on a user's post count under their avatar looks wild on mobile

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: New mobile-friendly layout is live! [Re: shthd] * 1
    #27405099 - 07/28/21 12:44 AM (4 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

shthd said:
Clicking on a user's post count under their avatar looks wild on mobile

Oh whoops, thank you, fixed!

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego