Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelittlegreencow
Stranger
Immunity to hallucinogens?
    #2737401 - 05/27/04 05:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all, this is my first post. I haven't found anything specifically about this yet, but its virtually impossible to accurately search all the information on the site seeing as the most accurate way to find the answer (that i can think of) would be to search for the answer, but i don't already know the answer to my problem. Therefore, please forgive my NooBness if you've already answered this a dozen times. I have a friend who is very close to me that is haveing a lot of bad luck with mushrooms and the like. He has told me that he has taken 7 hits of acid at one time, with no effect. He took 3 or 4 grams of shrooms on a few occasions, and while everyone else that took the same batch was happily frying their balls off, he was left with nothing. He has even taken five hits of very good MDMA to try to see some tracers (aka trailers) but got nothing of the sort. He told me he waited at least a week inbetween each attempt. I know he smokes/snorts meth, and i've heard that meth can fuck with your trip if you take it at the same time, but he says he never took meth at the same time as the hallucinogens. Is it possible for a person to be immune to hallucinogens? He smokes A LOT of pot, like every day, would that effect it at all? I don't know if it will help, but my friend is 21 years old, about 5'6 1/2, and weighs about 125 pounds. Any advice or information would be GREATLY appreciated :-) thanks for your time, and even though i've never posted, thank you for the past three years of invaluable information and entertainment.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Immunity to hallucinogens? [Re: littlegreencow]
    #2737506 - 05/27/04 05:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Is he on any medications? Did he eat before he took them? Immunity to hallucinogens doesn't exist.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2737992 - 05/27/04 07:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well I don't know if this is exactly the reason why he cant trip its just a guess. For me speed seem to cancel out psychedelics. I remember I once took a few adderal XR and an hour later ingesting 4 grams of shrooms and barley tripped. 4 grams of shrooms usually get me to the point of ego loss. So my guess is, if your friend is a frequent user of meth it could be playing a role on his ability not being able to trip. Remember this is just my guess im not exactly positive since I don't use speed very much.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Immunity to hallucinogens? [Re: Osker246]
    #2738058 - 05/27/04 08:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, if he was doing meth around the time that he took the mushrooms...

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2739233 - 05/27/04 11:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

IIRC, there was a case of a man who was unaffected by an injection of 1mg of LSD administered by Stanislov Grof. I will try to find the reference.

Offlinelittlegreencow
Stranger
Re: Immunity to hallucinogens? [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2741350 - 05/28/04 01:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you all who responded :-) I've been trying to contact my friend to tell him everything i've read recently about not eating and how meth can screw with your trip. To the best of my knowledge, he doesn't take any medications, but i'll mention that too, and if he does i'll cross reference them against my lists of psychotropic medications and look them up in my abnormal psych books. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't many medicines that fuck with your trip...but i'm definitely not an expert. Thanks again :-D i'd say now I remember why I love the shroomery, but I never forget :-) (i'm not that fried...yet ;-))

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #2742237 - 05/28/04 06:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've used Meth tens of times with mushrooms or LSD and have never noticed any immunity. If anything, the hallucinogens have always pretty much canceled out the speed with me, especially since acid makes me so speedy anyway...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineILoveCowShit
TranscendentalistShroomer

Loc: ATL shawdy dont disrespek...
Re: Immunity to hallucinogens? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2742917 - 05/28/04 10:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

littlegreencow - ur deinietely wrong about the no medicins fuckin with a trip. ive learned first hands what medicines fuck with a trip. to my knowledge, almost ALL SSRI's (Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors)Paxil, Effexor, ZOLOFT, Prozac, etc. all reduce a large mushroom or LSD dose down to weak threshold effects. also, anti-psychotics and tranquilizers will basically "cancel out" a trip. Thorazine is used a lot to cancel out bad acid trips, while RIsperdal and Zyprexa can with a mg. easily bring someone down froma bad experince in as little as 20 minutes. as u suggested and many others said methamphetamine also plays a role in ur friends dissapointment. tell him to kick the tina, pot, and all medicines he may be on for a week or two, spend a day getting ready for his trip(good setting, frame of mind, eat nothing and GO FOR IT.

OfflineILoveCowShit
TranscendentalistShroomer

Loc: ATL shawdy dont disrespek...
Re: Immunity to hallucinogens? [Re: ILoveCowShit]
    #2742926 - 05/28/04 10:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

correction - pertaining to the Zyprexa and risperdal - WITH A FEW milligrams can bring someone down

sorry

Offlinelittlegreencow
Stranger
Re: Immunity to hallucinogens? [Re: ILoveCowShit]
    #2743466 - 05/29/04 03:12 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well there you go. However, I have a brief correction-I didn't say NO medications would fuck with your trip, I said I wasn't aware of many ;-) however, there are more than I knew of. As for Thorazine being used to kill bad trips, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder if theres some kinda antagonistic reaction with the dopamine receptor sites? Be interesting to find out. Thorazine has been used for years, if i'm remembering correctly it was the first widely used antipsychotic. I also wonder how closely the neurotransmitter norpinephrine is involved in psylocybin reactions, as it belongs to the Mono Amine class, and as many many many people have reported, Mono Amine Oxidase Inhibitors inhance trips. See you around.

Offlinejoshosh2
Stranger
    #15546566 - 12/20/11 07:37 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

yo sry about this post, i didn't realise u posted so long ago...
today in class i dropped a 2c-i which is a legit psych drug. after like ten mins a started feeling some stuff but not that much, just early stages of a trip. but as time went on i didn't feel anything. i mean i use drugs a lot but i did not feel anything so i got kinda worried. the same thing happened to me with dxm and iv found the only way i can trip on dxm is to take the dose, fall asleep, then awake to tripping balls. u should ask ur friends if hes ever tried sleeping after taking the dose

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Immunity to hallucinogens? [Re: joshosh2]
    #15546925 - 12/20/11 08:46 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

:rofl:

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Edited by LuSiD9 (12/20/11 08:47 PM)

OfflineHarryLS
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Immunity to hallucinogens? [Re: LuSiD9]
    #15546992 - 12/20/11 08:58 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Medications and drugs can effect your ability to have an experience with psychedlics

Check what else is being taken

What you describe is beyond a general tolerance or high threshold, am guessing there is something interfering

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Immunity to hallucinogens? [Re: HarryL]
    #15547409 - 12/20/11 10:08 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

the OP of this thread hasn't been seen in over 6 years :lol:

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

OfflineEvolveShrooms
Brahman Herder
Male

Loc: The dream hangar Flag
Re: Immunity to hallucinogens? [Re: LuSiD9]
    #15547433 - 12/20/11 10:12 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Either

A) He's a robot and doesn't know it
B) It's the fact the he does meth. (BTW you should probably talk to him about that)

--------------------

The Only Illusion Is Division

OfflineHeatherb87
Stranger
    #16853759 - 09/15/12 11:51 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Im a 25 yr old female. I took ectasy when i was 19 5'4" 106lbs and tripped balls but i was told the feelings i was having was mostly herione. Ive since tried several diffrent kinds of x molly pure MDMA Mushrooms and acid psilocybin spores. Nothing effected. Hydrocodine and Oxycodine are the only things that can mess me up. I can take 25 ambien and sleep for 4 hours and wake up fine, i can take 10 xanax and drive perfectly well, drink a case of beer and barely buzzed, 90 mil of adderall and be just fine. My husband thinks im insane. I think i just over metabolize most drugs.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience