Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

West Haven man's shed smashed into by a car for 3rd time lol.
    #27362839 - 06/25/21 04:11 PM (3 months, 28 days ago)

I get logistics but that just made me laugh.  Fucking Utah.  It doesn't matter, if you smash your car into a shed something is wrong with the driver and not the city.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50193105/west-haven-mans-shed-smashed-into-by-a-car-for-3rd-time

This one was truly impressive.  "The latest driver blew a concrete fire pit into pieces before smashing into his shed early Tuesday morning."

Just redesign the intersection in little hick town.  If one blows through a concrete fire pit and smashing into that guys shed, what intersection is that difficult to navigate?  Not even a round about.

But at least no one has run a car into his house.  Well that is a plus.  Shit, the idiocy.

Worst I have done is slid on ice and gave minor damage to a mans bumper.  Once I almost flipped my shitty car at that time exiting a freeway and took it to fast as it was a sharp curve.  That was fortunate.

What is your worst car accident?

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: West Haven man's shed smashed into by a car for 3rd time lol. [Re: Barnaby]
    #27362842 - 06/25/21 04:15 PM (3 months, 28 days ago)

From what I can tell...it's just a T-intersection, which dead ends into his property. Drivers are supposed to either go left, or go right...but instead are going straight.

This has nothing to do with the intersection and everything to do with the people who live there.

I mean...if you don't know how to use a stop sign, how does the shape of the intersection matter?

If anything, they just need to add signs warning about the stop, and some of those little bumps on the road which warn you to slow down.

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: West Haven man's shed smashed into by a car for 3rd time lol. [Re: Holybullshit]
    #27362850 - 06/25/21 04:21 PM (3 months, 28 days ago)

Exactly.  If he takes it to court against the city he is not winning the case.  A STOP sign.  Cities fault, lol.  3 people is incredible to me but I get Utah and it doesn't surprise me.  People use way to many meds here and they never take away peoples licenses when they get old.

Hope he has insurance on his shed/property and doesn't keep anything of real value in it. 

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Female

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    #27362933 - 06/25/21 05:08 PM (3 months, 28 days ago)

Poor fella

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hampsterdam
    #27363058 - 06/25/21 06:31 PM (3 months, 28 days ago)

Get one of these.

--------------------

Onlinegopher
Trusted Objectifier
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: West Haven man's shed smashed into by a car for 3rd time lol. [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #27363146 - 06/25/21 07:38 PM (3 months, 27 days ago)

its probably cheaper to repair a shed then that fence desu

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

---:kratom:--- Not

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: West Haven man's shed smashed into by a car for 3rd time lol. [Re: gopher]
    #27363172 - 06/25/21 07:53 PM (3 months, 27 days ago)

Is posted to another player but depends on the shed.  Some people live in them.  Not these people but they have resources and I get how he would get annoyed by it. 

Small town like that in Utah everyone knows everyone.  Still would side with the city over the idiot drivers. 

I need a vacation and heading to Denver.  Vaxxed and fuck off people wherever I go.  God, I got one in the right arm and it hurt like shit for days, then the left one and again, hurt like shit for days.  Both feel fine now.  On with it, I get to travel and spend some money.

And if you live in Utah, don't choose West Haven.  Word to the wise.  Time to plan my week getaway to Denver, my second home city.  Mom was born in Colorado and have family there.  But more than that they just let you be and one meets a lot of interesting people there.  My second hometown.

Use caution though.  People on the streets know when you are stoned and will even during the day rob one.  Experienced it.  Not fearmongering but there are those that just sit and watch.  Just a warning.

Love the city and yes is like a sliver from that experience but have spent years there.  Wondering what it looks like now and looking forward to a bar, a 12 p.m. Bus ride and wake up in the morning there.  Denver airport is inane.  But they built there for a reason so far away but that is a different story.

Still don't trust the cruise ships.  Different rules for different people.  Not going to take the chance on being stuck on one.  So what are your Summer plans Shroomery?

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

#27363175 - 06/25/21 07:54 PM (3 months, 27 days ago)

And I still have hopes for a shroomery convention in Vegas in 2022.

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
    #27363183 - 06/25/21 08:02 PM (3 months, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Barnaby said:

What is your worst car accident?

I've had two pretty dumb accidents, and they both happened within short succession of eachother. Probably a reflection of the chaos of my life at the time.

First one I was speeding to the bank in an effort to pay rent on time before it closed - basically I switched lanes without looking. And of course somebody rear ended me. I took full responsibility for that one, since it was my fault.

A few weeks later, early in the morning I was pulling out of my spot and sped off to work as I normally do. All of a sudden, without warning (and without turning the wheel) my car veered heavily to the right and before I could correct it I had already badly sideswiped a parked car and basically totally fucked up their driver side door. My car sustained heavy damage and had to be towed after. It was actually far worse than the first accident... I ended up leaving a note on the poor guy's car and they contacted me about 6 months later.

That was like 5 years ago. No major accidents since then, luckily, although I did have an incident last year on the highway where my car spun out on some ice and did a full 180. That was pretty terrifying, because it was on the highway and the road was icy and I ended up facing the wrong direction. Luckily my car ended up on the shoulder. But still, I was facing the wrong way. That could have been a lot worse, I'm sure someone would have hit me if I didn't miraculously end up stopped on the shoulder of the highway. I had to wait a while for a lull in traffic before I could turn back around the correct direction.

Yeah, hopefully I don't have to ever add anything else to this.

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: West Haven man's shed smashed into by a car for 3rd time lol. [Re: chopstick]
    #27363200 - 06/25/21 08:16 PM (3 months, 27 days ago)

Life.  Not an icy condition driving back from Deadwood and bugs all over splattered on the windshield.  On the highway.  And the sun hit just perfectly where even sunglasses and the visor down I couldn't see shit.  Was like I was blinded.  Was a rental for a vacation  and I didn't know if there was anyone around me just slammed on the brakes.

Fortunately, no one was, was South Dakota, but that scarred the shit out of me.  Basically fully stopping in the middle of going 70 mph.

Glad it turned out well for you.  I could watch some that didn't but I don't want to feel depressed and like shit.  Let alone post them.  On with life.

Summer travel plans.:cool:  Money to burn.  Felt bad about last year and my vacation plans, but heard so many that were so worse of what was planned I don't feel so bad anymore. 

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
    #27363243 - 06/25/21 08:53 PM (3 months, 27 days ago)

Speaking of Denver, it's where I'm at now.

It was great the first few years, but the allure is fading. I'm getting to that age where I want to move somewhere that isn't so expensive, less people and more nature. Maybe Grand Junction or something like that.

Hardly even go out anymore. I'm basically paying exorbitant rent just to sit on my ass at home all day and either work (I work remotely) or shitpost on the shroomery. I only go out to meet with my increasingly dwindling number of friends about once a week or so.

You're right about meeting interesting folks, though. The friends I *do* have now are all high-quality with a large number of similar interests. Like night and day compared to how things were in my hometown.

Never been robbed, but I can see it. Worst that happened to me was some guy pulled out a gun on a bunch of homeless guys while I was walking past him. The homeless guy is yelling "Shoot me motherfucker! Do it! Do it!" meanwhile the other dude is waving his gun around wildly at everyone while I'm just trying to high-tail it out of there. Ah, good times.

Best summer travel plans I can hope for is ironically to get out of Denver to visit family. That and some of my friends are planning a rafting trip for July. Can't think of anything else beyond that, but it's better than nothing.

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: West Haven man's shed smashed into by a car for 3rd time lol. [Re: chopstick]
    #27363276 - 06/25/21 09:26 PM (3 months, 27 days ago)

Naw, it's good, those plans.  Denver does wear on one after awhile and to me is more like a vacation and not a living place.  And I lived right next to 16th street mall for awhile and huge Rockies fan and Broncos one.  And the nightlife.  Has been years though and you have a better take on it than I do.

5 days.  Then San Diego.  Will see how the world goes.  Is interesting, WHAT STRAIN WILL COME OUT NEXT!  Varient.  Fuck it.  Double vaxxed and have my drivers license, double vaxxed card, passport, social security card, think I will have some vacations this Summer/Fall.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale